Stolen Birthright Ch. 47-51

Story Info
Lab Rat.
11.3k words
4.88
14.2k
25

Part 12 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,296 Followers

We drove to the edge of town, and I saw we were low on gas. "Pull over into that Holiday station, Olivia. I'll pump gas, you go in and grab some snacks and drinks for the drive.

She looked at the gas gauge, it was just under a quarter tank. "You don't want to wait?"

"No, the longer we put it off the more we'll stand out. Plus, I need some caffeine. It's been a long damn day." She laughed a little and pulled in, picking the diesel pump farthest from the station. "Anything special you want?"

"Twinkies." She looked at me like I was nuts. "Trust me, now that you're human they taste wonderful." She made a face at me, so I told her to buy two packs just because I knew she'd want one.

I still have my sweatshirt on, so I wasn't worried about my wound showing. I got out and put my credit card in the pump, then put the nozzle in. It would be a while, this thing has a HUGE tank. While I was waiting, I started to clean the bug spatter off the windshield. I saw the car then. Police, on the side of the road, just a block or so short of the gas station. There was no reason to be pulled over there, unless...

SHIT!

I have to get away. Putting the nozzle back, I jump up into the truck and fire it up. Putting it into drive, I head back onto the road. If I'm wrong, I wait ten minutes and go back to get Olivia.

I'm not wrong, though. As soon as I'm back on Highway 52, I see the cruiser pull out behind me. He doesn't turn on his headlights until he's back on the road and he isn't using his flashers, and he stays well behind me. If I hadn't spotted him, I'd never notice him behind me as he matches my speed.

We leave the city behind and get onto the open road. I've had about enough of this; when I crest a hill, creating a short time where he can't see me, I floor it. The space between us opens up as my truck pushes up to a hundred miles an hour, and when he sees me fleeing, it's on like donkey kong.

If I had my wolf vision, I would have cut the lights and gone offroad, but I don't have that. I'm looking for a way off the road, figuring my truck will handle the dirt roads better than his cruiser, when the road lights up. I look up, almost blinding myself, to see the helicopter illuminating me from above. Looking behind, I see another four vehicles have joined the chase.

My options all suck, I think. They all end in death, except maybe one.

Choosing this option, I slam on the brakes and stop on the shoulder of the road. Getting out, I face the rapidly approaching cops, then kneel down on the pavement and link my fingers together on top of my head. I pray to Luna for help, hoping they won't just blow me away as soon as they come to a stop.

Two cars went around, blocking the road in case someone else was in the truck. The other two blocked the oncoming road. The spotlight from the helicopter cast shadows around me, and their headlights kept me from seeing them as they approached. When they got close enough, I could see they were all aiming rifles at me. "DON'T MOVE," one of them yelled.

I stayed as still as I could. I heard someone approach behind me, then a hand clamped over mine as a handcuff was snapped on my wrist. My right arm was brought down, then my left was handcuffed to it behind my back. The officer held my shoulder, pressing a pistol to the side of my head. "Don't even breathe," he whispered to me. Another officer walked up with a black light flashlight. Shining it in my eyes, he seemed almost shocked. "Nothing, Sargent. She's human."

"That can't be!" The cop behind me pulled my sleeve up, exposing the battle dressing. Tearing it off, he shined his flashlight on the bite, which was now bleeding again. "Look, she's been bitten. Why isn't she a werewolf?"

They gathered around behind me, trying to figure it out. Finally, one of them spoke up. "Sarge, she's human and she's bleeding. We need to take her to the hospital."

"No way," he said. "Have you seen what can happen if one of these animals gets loose there?" He pointed to one of the men. "Get your first aid kit over here. We'll leave her here until we get other direction." One of the men came up and opened his kit while the others kept their guns pointed at me. I winced as he poured alcohol on the wounds, then cleaned them with a gauze pad.

"Can I at least sit down? My knees are killing me." One of the men helped me sit cross-legged. "How did you find me?" I figured I'd make some conversation while we were waiting for a decision to be made.

"Cellphone video. People can't do shit anymore without people whipping out their phones and recording stuff. We got your photos and your plate number from it." He looked at the green truck. "Nice try with the paint job, but any Dually within a hundred miles was going to get pulled over just in case."

"Damn. I dyed my hair for nothing then."

One of the men brought me a bottled water and helped me take a drink. "So where is your buddy?"

"Why, she didn't get bit!"

He chuckled. "Hell, I'd like to thank her. You two took out those guys like pros. Five werewolves, all running loose in our quiet little town."

I laughed. "Just country girls. There was no way I was going to walk quietly out of that store to be raped or worse. Not while I could rock my Glock." I stared him down. "And I have no idea where she is, and if I did I'd never tell you."

"We'll see," Sargent said.

We all looked up as we heard a convoy approaching. They pulled up behind the police cars and stopped; a dozen infantrymen jumped out of the transport and surrounded us. The officer in charge walked up to the Sergeant. "I'm here for the prisoner," he said.

"She's not showing werewolf, Captain. You can't have her."

He shook his head. "I have Presidential authority here. Call your boss while we get her cuffed and stuffed." I watched the battle between them, the Captain didn't care, he was doing what he wanted. The Sergeant opened up his cellphone and made a call, moving off to the side of the road as he did.

A couple of MP's came up, carrying a prisoner transport restraint. They cuffed my ankles together, a short chain would allow about a foot of movement but it would be more like a shuffle. In the center, a chain when up to another chain they locked around my waist. The two uncuffed me, then my wrists were each attached to the waist chain. I couldn't get my hands to touch in front or back. Finally, they put a black hood over my head.

"Really, guys?"

"Keep it down, lady, or we'll pump you full of so many drugs you won't wake until next week."

I heard a vehicle approaching, it sounded like a big truck. I was hoisted up over someone's shoulder; I heard doors open, then I was tossed onto a cold, hard surface. The doors slammed shut and I could hear them being locked from the outside. Other vehicles started, and we got on the move again.

I pushed myself over to the side of the truck where I could sit up. The hood wasn't secured tightly, so I was able to get it off by sticking my head between my knees and pulling it off. What I saw didn't give me any hope.

It looked like I was in an armored car; the floor and walls were solid steel, the glass to the outside was thick and bulletproof. The divider to the driving area was built the same; way too thick for me to get through. It was a rolling tank with me as the display, I thought.

I saw a soldier looking back at me from the passenger seat. "Hey! Where are we going?"

His voice came over the intercom. "Fort Detrick Army Medical Research Command. Congratulations, Miss Grey. You've just become a lab rat."

I looked at him in shock. "You can't do that! I'm a citizen! I have rights!"

He laughed, I mean gut laughed. "Rights don't mean shit in a war, Miss. You got bit. You're either a werewolf we get to study, or somehow you DIDN'T become a werewolf, and that's even MORE reason to study you. Congress granted emergency powers, Habeus Corpus has been suspended, citizens and aliens can be detained without a warrant or charges. Technically, you're not even a prisoner of war. Like I said, you're a lab rat." I glared at him. "Now, we've got about a twenty-four-hour drive ahead of us. There's a bucket in the corner if you have to go, and a blanket and pillow on the shelf above you. If you behave like a good rat, you'll get your cheese. You act up, and it's going to be a miserable trip for you."

I pushed myself up so I could get the pillow and blanket. Tossing the pillow into the center near the front, figuring that would be the best ride, I kept the blanket in my hand as I tried not so gracefully to lie down. It was even more awkward to try and spread the blanket over me the way I was trussed up.

The ride was miserable. The suspension was so stiff I felt every bump and ridge on the road, and the steel floor was cold. After a few hours, I gave up on sleep. I moved so I was sitting against the partitions with the pillow under me and the blanket on my legs.

All I could think about was what was happening with my Pack. They knew my name, my address. I was sure they were going to go after my house, and if they looked hard enough they would find those hidden in the safe room. Hell, even the contacts could be seen if you looked close enough. I missed my babies, I missed my mate, I missed them all.

I thought back to Olivia; what must she have thought when she came out and found I was gone? Did she get away, or did someone grab her too? She was fully human now, but that only mattered if they took the time to check.

I had a lot of time to think, and the more I thought, the more depressed I became. The best case I could come up with was that they had enough warning to take off... in an RV that was registered to me. For all I knew, they just leveled the whole estate instead. My tears dripped down my face as I watched the trees pass by through the little port on the back door...

We stopped about every five hours; I could hear the sirens and the escorts, so we were traveling in a convoy. The traveling nightmare eventually ended, and the sound changed as we pulled into a building. I pushed my way to my feet, my sore legs protesting, and looked out the small port on the door.

We were in a loading dock; the escorts were parked outside. I saw a half dozen people in lab coats come in with a gurney, it had leather and steel restraints hanging from it. Apparently, that was my future.

"Stand back from the doors and face the front, Miss Grey."

"Or what?" I had to ask as I turned around.

"You get the fire hose." No thanks. I shuffled forward to the divider; I heard the door opening, and then something stuck in my leg. I looked back, but my leg didn't work anymore. I fell sideways, with my hands shackled I was unable to break my fall and I landed heavily on my left side and shoulder. I tried to roll over, but my legs and arms now didn't work, I couldn't even feel them. The numbness continued to spread, and my brain panicked when I realized I couldn't breathe any more. My vision started to go, and the last thing I remember was someone yelling, "Just how much of a dose did you give her?"

Ch 48

I hate Meatloaf Mondays.

Imagine how bad hospital food is. Imagine how bad Army food is. Put them together, in an Army hospital, and you have Meatloaf Monday.

If it was meat at one point, it is now beyond recognition. The 'sauce' they put on it tastes like paste, the meat like cardboard. It's inedible. I eat the vegetables and potatoes, they aren't good either but at least I can keep them down. I push the rest of the meal into the tray where things are transferred from inside my isolation cell to outside.

It's not much of a life I have now. My cell is about ten by twelve feet. A thin mattress, sitting on top of a concrete pad in the front corner, and a steel toilet is in the corner behind it. A sink sticks out from the back wall, dividing the toilet from the shower head and drain in the other corner. In the front, opposite of the bed, is a set of shelves where I keep my books and my extra clothes. The walls, floor and ceiling were solid concrete, a single light in the center and a smaller light over my bed are the only illumination from within.

I hated the cell due to the lack of privacy. The wall facing the hallway had a steel door in the center, and on the bed side was a tray that slide out so they could pass food and books through. The rest of the wall was thick acrylic, allowing anyone in the hallway to see me at any time. What they couldn't see for themselves, the camera in my cell could capture.

I had gotten used to showering and going to bathroom in front of others by now; there was no choice. Most of the guards were decent enough to look away, but there were a few that liked to watch. I hated them.

The only good part of my life now was that they liked me to stay healthy, so my body could withstand the blood samples and experiments that were my main function. It took a full month of monitoring and testing, much of which I was unconscious or tied down for, before they accepted that I wasn't going to turn into a werewolf. Then the real fun began.

They had identified the virus that caused the humans to change into werewolves by analyzing the saliva of the dead werewolves. The staff at Ft. Detrick had been ordered to develop a vaccine against it, and I was their best hope it seemed. They couldn't understand how I was resistant to the virus, and they were desperately seeking the antibodies that would answer their questions.

When the blood work didn't show the results they wanted, they started injecting me with werewolf saliva. It didn't do a thing.

It was during my second summer here that they decided on more drastic means. They had captured a young werewolf, stuck in wolf form, rabid and without thought. He was brought in to the cell across from me and dumped on the bed. Muzzled and collared, his neck was chained to the wall when he finally woke up hours later.

Two men wearing protective suits went into his cell as I watched. They carefully attached two long leashes to his collar, then removed his muzzle with their gloved hands protected with steel armor. They pulled him out, holding the straining creature between the two leashes, and then a third man opened my door.

The wolf saw me and lunged forward; they let the leashes slack so he could get to me as I hugged the back of my cell. He leaped for my throat, but I blocked him with my arm. The men pulled him back, fighting and straining against him, as his bloodied jaws let go of my arm. He was hit with a dart and sagged to the floor. When he no longer moved, they dragged him into the cell and left him in the center.

I rinsed my bloody left forearm off in the sink, then used a towel to slow down the bleeding. I was a little frustrated that they would endanger my life like that and not even provide first aid. I laid down on my bed, arm elevated, and waited for it to scab over. I hated that I didn't have werewolf healing rates any more, this bite would be sore for weeks.

I woke up in the middle of the night; I had no clock, and with no view of the outside the only changes were when the lights dimmed at 10 PM and brightened again at 6 AM. I could hear whining and scratching; the werewolf had woken up. He was pacing his empty cell, his eyes looking for a way out as he growled.

I moved over to one of the holes drilled along the base of the glass, there were two lines of these at the bottom and four at the top. The holes were about an inch in diameter, too small for a hand and the acrylic panel too thick for me to stick a finger through. I pulled my blanket over my body, hiding my head from the camera. I didn't want them to be able to read my lips, and if I whispered quietly enough, they wouldn't be able to make out what I whispered into the hole.

The werewolf could hear everything if he settled down.

"You're not crazy," I whispered. "Your wolf is a part of you now, you need to learn to share. Each of you helping the other."

He stopped moving and whined, laying up against the acrylic wall. I could see one ear cocked near a vent hole. He could easily hear me now.

"You aren't alone, either. There are thousands of people like you. They live their lives, they have families, children. They like all the things you did before. You were bitten, weren't you?" He whined and set his head on his front paws. "I'm sorry about that. Before the war, it was strictly forbidden to turn someone without their consent. We had all kinds of rules when we dealt with humans, just to avoid what happened to you. Is the war still going on?"

He nodded his head, then let out a low howl.

"Is that how you were bitten?" He nodded. He didn't look big enough to be a full grown werewolf, if I had to guess he was about ten. Being a kid is probably what saved him from being killed immediately; even after all this time, shooting a kid is not something police and soldiers like to do.

"All right. Do you know how to shift back?" He shook his head no. "Think of your human and your wolf side, side by side in your brain. Close your eyes, imagine it." He closed his eyes. "Now imagine your human side walking forward, and your wolf side walking back." He squeezed his eyes, he was trying, but nothing happened. "All right, we'll try later. For now, I want you to close your eyes and spend time talking with your wolf. He's part of you, he's always been part of you. He's nothing to be afraid of, he won't hurt you because that would be hurting himself. All right?" He nodded. "Just get some sleep. My name is Ella, I can't wait to talk to you."

He put his head on his paws and closed his eyes; I went back to my mattress and went to bed.

When the lights went bright, I woke up as was my habit. I sat up and looked across the hall, shocked to find a boy huddled up on his mattress, the blanket wrapped around him. I went and sat by the holes, and he did the same. "Hi, glad to see you figured it out. You need to whisper loud enough for me to hear, I'm human."

He looked at me, cocking his head a little as he took another sniff. "How? My wolf says you are an Alpha."

I nodded. "I was once, I used to be a werewolf, but my wolf was killed. I still have a Pack, though. I think. It's been almost two years I've been in here with no news. Since I don't have a wolf, I can't feel the mate bond or my Pack bonds."

"Bonds?"

"Yes... when a wolf is in a Pack, or mates, a bond forms between their wolf and the other person. Since I'm human, it's enough to get the attraction with my mate, to feel the responsibility for my Pack. On the werewolf side, it's much stronger."

"How strong?"

"Strong enough so that you can talk to each other in your minds, you feel what they feel, you are two parts of a whole. It's a bond so strong that many mates choose to follow their mate into death rather than live without them and their bond. It's the best feeling, being part of a Pack."

"Sounds wonderful," he said. "By the way, I'm Charlie. Charlie Cassidy."

I waved my hand at him. "Ella Grey." I looked down the hall. "If you want, you can join my Pack. Talk to your wolf about it."

He closed his eyes. "He wants to."

"Fine. Just say to yourself, 'We accept Ella as our Alpha.'" He did, I couldn't feel it myself but I could see his wolf straighten up, he seemed calmer, happier. "I'm not sure if you want them to see you like this, it might be easier if you're in wolf form when they arrive. Do you think you can change back?"

"Same as before, but this time my wolf comes forward?"

"Exactly." I watched as he shifted into his small grey wolf. He yipped as he ran around his cell. It was only a few minutes later when the guards entered with breakfast. They were shocked to see the wolf, now calm and wagging its tail while looking at them. My eggs and bacon were put through my slot, and they came back with a steak for him.

partwolf
partwolf
2,296 Followers