Suhail Arrives in the West Ch. 03

Story Info
Eastern colleague seems very popular with women of the west.
3.8k words
3.4
4k
2
0

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/10/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ideas in this piece are merely fictions of the future. They are not meant to cause offence to anyone, whether Jewish, Muslim, Christian, 'Western', religious etc. Please read with an open mind.

I posted Chapter 5 of this story on Literotica in 2007 under the title of 'Discovery Of The Real America', in which the lead character was named Saurus. I have since decided to make his name more Arabic by calling him Suhail so anyone who reads this to chapter 5 should be aware of this.

Chapter 1 contains a lot of imagined history, but further chapters are less historical or political and include more sexual themes. This story is from the same scenario as my 'Watching The Zabernians' mini series in which the character Jasper from Chapter 5 / Discovery Of The Real America is the lead character. My story '22nd Century West: Apple and Citrus' (Group Sex) is also from the same world/period scenario.

*****

Chapter 3

Scene: Central City, 22nd Century America

Suhail joined Sadar and Abdan in teaching about their Eastern homelands to audiences of mature adults who, it seemed, were interested in finding out more about the distant East, which had become estranged from the West by the wars of the previous century. In modern times there were no busloads of Western tourists descending upon the pyramids of the ancient pharoahs of Egypt, spoiling the ancient heritage with their swear words, or desecrating the mosques of Jerusalem, Isfahan and Tehran with their photographs and short mini skirts. The Westerners had been replaced by the Eastern tourist, from Morocco, Sri Lanka, Phnom Penh or Chengdu. They carried cameras too, but they were good hard working people, leading good purposeful lives and deserving of a long awaited holiday. Eastern Federation governments had long since imposed the boycotts and the trade barriers which protected the Eastern states from the old Western manipulations. Tourism had been included in those bans, and aside from occasional diplomatic visitors or family and relative visits there had been little travel by Westerners in the East. The East had, it seemed to Suhail, become a place of great curiosity for the Western people; romantic and exotic lands of great mystery and excitement. (Of course the Westerners used the East as a basis for many of their childish and sexually depraved fantasies.) Not knowing the East personally they imagined it like the 19th century colonisers might have done, and people of earlier periods.

Suhail wondered whether Western tourism to the East should be restarted. "It would recreate the links between our two cultures," he suggested to Sadar and Abdan. "Then we could really influence the West!" Sadar agreed it would influence westerners, but he feared what it might do to the people of the East when they mixed with westerners and saw how they had managed to live relatively work free, leisure seeking lives. And there was the significant historical risk that some of the westerners might want to change the East.

"No we can't have that," agreed Suhail. "That would be disastrous."

Sadar opened with a brief description of their role. "We are here as representatives of the Eastern Federation, to live amongst you, to spread some knowledge of our ways, our system of living, and our heritage into the West, which has been closed to us for so long. Since our federations fought, more than a hundred years ago our two societies have been closed to each other. The Western tourists have been prevented from visiting us, except in very small numbers. We no longer trade with each other in most commodities, except in the cases of certain items, in small supply in one or the other of our systems, where special trading arrangements have been sanctioned over the years.

"So the links which once bound us, colonial occupation, cross migrations, religious and cultural, have weakened. We now remain estranged, ignorant of each other's ways, distrustful and fearful. And so in the last few years the Eastern Federation has decided to begin the long process of reopening the communication, which once failed between us."

Sadar went on at greater length, explaining the nature of the East's economy and culture, the moral values which pervaded the actions of businessmen, consumers and workers. He was an entertaining speaker, telling his straightforward message without appearing aloof or pompous. Suhail was pleased to see Sadar did his job well. Suhail was well aware that he could not have done this job as well as his colleague. Abdan too was effective. He opened questions from their audience of Central City Americans, which turned easily into discussions.

Sadar and Abdan taught about respect for parents and family, the Eastern religious heritages. Some western adults turned this into contentious discussion insisting, "We respect our elders too. You cannot think that we don't. There is little incentive for crimes here, sexual, financial, or drug induced." There was little Sadar, Abdan or Suhail could say to persuade the Americans that the Eastern young were any more responsible and respectful than the youth of the West.

Suhail could see that the Americans liked to debate about comparisons between East and West, and were not averse to criticising the East, which he found made him uncomfortable. He was finding the Americans did know quite a lot about the East, not all accurate, but they also had an answer to every point Sadar or Abdan had in favour of the practices of the East or in criticism of the West. However the discussions were popular and carried on in a spirit of friendship and respect for each other's cultures so Suhail had no desire to see the discussions curtailed.

One unkempt haired young man gave his opinion about what he called the East's 'work centred culture'. "The East has closed itself off from western intervention. That was the East's doing. It was never the intention of the West for that to happen. We have changed in the West since then, but the East has changed too. While we became more tolerant, less hardworking, more concerned with individual freedoms and choice, and with the quality of life, you became more like we had been. You became less religious, more work orientated, ruled by your businessmen more than your mullahs and priests."

Suhail noticed how popular Sadar was with some of the American women. They professed to want to know more about the East, particularly about Iran, where he originated. One of them flirtatiously asked whether he had any spare veils for her to try on.

"No lady, of course we don't carry them. I hope you do not have the impression that every Eastern woman must wear a veil. Many women in the muslim states do wear them, but occasionally, not all the time. It all depends on the local culture. In parts of Afghanistan the full veil is often worn to this day, but not in the larger towns and cities. But elsewhere the veil is mainly a head scarf. The full veils became popular among many muslim women during the period when there was war and tension between West and East. Many muslim women living in the West in particular took to wearing veils as an expression of their Islamic identity, and also in order to ensure that western men treated them with due respect. That time is long past now. Veils are not particularly fashionable in the muslim East today. Women like to be glamorous without going to the extent that many here in the West do. They enjoy looking attractive, but they do not demean themselves."

Suhail noted that this kind of answer seemed to invite a strong interest from American women, some of whom professed to being affronted by Sadar's assumption that there was something wrong with a woman who chose to dress scantily or display too much nakedness.

"You should know, as I understand you live here, that women are free to do and live as they wish in the West. Women might not be wearing as many veils as they once did in the East, but they still feel constrained by the religious rules. It ain't right, but I suppose they're becoming freer. Freedom takes such a long time," sighed the mature woman who spoke. Suhail was surprised to hear this strange view that Eastern women were not free. In his experience women were as free as men to choose the occupations which suited them and to choose their husbands. In modern times they were well educated and there were many women in high positions of importance. He could not appreciate what other freedoms they might want. He did have a suspicion about the kinds of ' freedoms' the woman might be referring to, but those surely were not the kind of freedoms women wanted or needed. To be treated as sexual adornments for the sake of childish male fantasies was not the kind of freedom he understood by the word.

Other women, probably the most of those who responded showed amusement rather than anger.

A tall woman raised her right hand as if she might be in a lesson at school, lowering it only when she caught Sadar's eye. He gestured for her to speak, "Does the Koran allow the viewing of naked flesh?"

"In certain circumstances," Sadar indicated politely. Suhail was impressed by the way he handled this provocative question. He had heard about the way some Westerners liked to provoke the religious, and to belittle Eastern culture. But perhaps it was only a genuine question, born of ignorance.

"Oh what are those?" asked the provocative woman.

"I do not think we need to go into that here," smiled Sadar politely, but still friendly. Then, after a few seconds, when he realised the woman was still looking directly at him, as if trying to read his reactions, he relented and said quietly, so few people could hear, "But if you wish to ask me more privately I will attempt to explain."

Suhail interpreted this as a good answer. Sadar would be happy to explain about Islamic dress codes, and the more pragmatic modern attitudes to the viewing of flesh. But to discuss this kind of subject openly just was not the accepted way.

"I would like you to do that," said the woman, a strong featured lady, with a head of full dark hair. She sported a sleeveless T shirt, which amply showed off her feminine shape. "After the show," she suggested.

"Alright, if you wish. That would be nice."

Suhail saw that Sadar took his duties seriously. He could not help thinking that he would have liked to explain Eastern cultures to this woman himself. However there was something a little domineering, and perhaps disrespectful about the way she plunged tactlessly into these sensitive issues.

She was not the only one of the western women to do this. Another woman, slim and educated looking, who had obviously heard their arrangement, asked, "Can I come and hear it too?"

"No Jean," said the dark haired, provocative woman. "Maybe afterwards." The two ladies clearly knew each other.

Sadar smiled handsomely at both of them, "I will look forward to seeing you both later. You first," he gestured to the first woman. Suhail did not really see why Sadar would not discuss the issue with both women together.

The meeting had been successful Suhail felt. The Americans warmed to Sadar easily. He was a very personable speaker, peppering his explanations with humour. He succeeded in painting a wholesome view of the East, as a varied set of cultures linked by communal responsibility and shared moral values, in which citizens worked happily, in a society which had solved the questions of unemployment and poverty, was making money, flourishing, with increased standards of living for all. Easterners enjoyed holidays, a wide choice of careers, good education and stable family lives, on the whole. The questions contributed by the audience had soon turned into flourishing discussions which had been entered into by Americans and Eastern representatives alike enthusiastically. Suhail had contributed his fair share to the debates, and drew the conclusion that he would enjoy his stay here in the West. The discussions were open and thought provoking, a change for him from the sterile subjects of debate back home, which always came down to questions of economy, business or public efficiency, and religion where the debate concerned religious, moral or political matters. Of course the Eastern representatives had put forward the arguments in such a way as to make the East look favourable; that after all was their function.

Suhail had been conscious, while they spoke, that not all in the East was as perfect or desirable as they presented it, and some of the Americans made points which made him acutely aware of some of the advantages of the western system of society. The East produced excessive quantities of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide from its factories and vehicles, which still threatened to warm the planet and affect the climate for all nations, and to poison their people. The West had placed these scientific issues at the top of their priorities in the last hundred years and had created a functioning society which did not rely on overproduction and waste, and used efficient forms of fuel and public transport as much as possible. The West had kept the climatic dangers at bay by their actions, but the East's continuing economic growth now threatened to bring forward the climatic dangers which had threatened a hundred years before.

After the questions, debates and discussions were over informal discussions continued over coffee and biscuits. The mission representatives had found over the last few years that Americans liked to chat informally, to socialise, making of the Easterners' events a social gathering whenever the excuse offered itself. This again was symptomatic of the West's lax attitude to work, and the priority they gave to enjoyment and pleasure. This attitude worked well for the representatives because it allowed them to develop closer a relationship with Americans, to get to know them as people, and to be more effective ambassadors for their eastern cultures. Sadar and Abdan claimed to enjoy this opportunity to meet Americans, and Suhail was finding the same. He felt his own attitude towards the West mellowing and becoming more positive as he relaxed amongst them.

As the American 'guests' moved into the back of the hall, where the coffee was now being served, Suhail observed a small crowd forming where Sadar had gone to stand. A plump, rosy faced woman was there first, greeting Sadar as if he were an old friend, with a kiss on both cheeks. Patiently he bore the attention, as the woman chatted enthusiastically, oblivious to the coffee on offer, as other ladies quickly approached. One of the ladies, small and slight, wearing studious glasses, asked him something. Sadar nodded and smiled thanks. The small lady turned and headed for the table where coffee was being served. The dark haired provocative woman, who had asked whether the Koran permitted the viewing of naked flesh earlier, approached the group around Sadar, clutching her coffee, having been to the back of the room already. Suhail's gaze flicked involuntarily to her as she approached. He felt suddenly deserted as the thought struck him that Sadar was more popular than he. Perhaps that was no surprise as Sadar had conducted the larger part of the meeting. He was reminded that Sadar and Abdan had actually been here before some months before, so perhaps that explained the warmth of the ladies' welcome. Suhail noted that Abdan too was already engaged in conversation with a small group of Americans, both men and women, but had not attracted the attention which Sadar had.

Suhail decided to join the small queue for coffee. That would be a good way to mingle if no one wished to approach him yet. He found himself behind the mature woman who had expressed annoyance at Sadar's implication that Western women who chose to display their flesh were demeaning themselves. To his pleasure she turned amiably to speak to him when she noticed he was there.

"I understand you just came over?" she asked.

"Yes, just two weeks ago."

"First visit to the West?"

"It is actually," he admitted.

"I know you'll settle in," she said, confidently. "You all do. Those two have, haven't they."

"Yes, I think they have. They like it here." He realised she referred to Sadar and Abdan, surrounded by plenty of friends.

"I think you're gonna be popular too. You're a handsome guy!"

He wondered what that had to do with anything. He was not here to look handsome. He was here on a mission, the most important mission facing the East today; the improvement of relations and understanding between West and East, and the winning of friends in the West. Nonetheless he was pleased to be called handsome. He looked again at the mature woman. She was not so old, probably approaching 50. Her lean features were weathered and lined, by the sun, he assumed, but she had strong features and radiated a self assurance which was endearing.

"Thank you," he said politely in response to her flattery.

"Ya know, if you're feeling lonely in this strange country, there's really no need," she said. "I guess there would be hundreds of girls who'd like to go for a drink with you. Ya know what I mean?"

"I am sure you are right, but I am really not lonely," said Suhail, not quite sure what this woman was suggesting. Like many western people, he imagined, she was obsessed by the sexual lusts so prevalent among these citizens who had so little to strive for in their working lives that they spent much of their time in idleness.

"You must be lonely, leaving your wife and children behind," she said perceptively, in that universal all knowing female way.

"Of course I will miss them, but I will be able to return at least twice each year to see them, and my posting will not be permanent."

She laughed pleasantly at this, and said, "Well that ain't gonna be enough for ya is it? Not here in the West where the ladies are available in every bar, every park, and every street. Over here Mr Suhail you will find the ladies will come to you and you won't have to make any effort. They'll be fighting over a handsome stranger like you. You got one here already, she indicated herself, and I assure you there'll be others on the way soon. Ya know, if I thought a proper Eastern man with your religious values and your precious traditions would take me to my bed then I'd ask you straight, but I can see only a youthful beauty would be enough to persuade you, until you've been here a little longer that is."

Suhail felt quite awkward at the turn the conversation had taken. The meeting was intended as an appreciation of Eastern ways and culture, not as an onslought by the women of the West on the loyalties of Eastern missionaries. He could nevertheless sense his heart beating faster at the flattering provocation of this strong minded woman. True, he did not regard her as a woman of great beauty in her maturing years, and he had no intention of betraying his lovely wife while he was here, but he could see that it might be hard for him if all the ladies here were as direct or as open. He was made aware now of perhaps the real reason why Sadar had become so quickly surrounded by these American women. "Lady, I thank you for your flattery, but I really did not come to the West to be pursued by ladies looking for selfish amusement."

"I can see that, but maybe when you've been here as long as your friend over there, you might start to think differently," she said, gesturing towards Sadar. Suhail looked over towards his compatriot. The crowd of women around him was larger than when he had last looked. Sadar certainly seemed to be enjoying the attention, smiling and chatting with the women.

"I would like to spend time myself with your friend Sadar, but I can never get close to him. He's so popular."

Suhail said, "You seemed annoyed with him earlier."

"Yes," said the woman, "Not because I dislike him, but its his hypocrisy. Sadar loves to see western female flesh. He just denies it in public, because he has to tow the Eastern line."

12