Summer Heat

Story Info
Air conditioning problems could be good luck for Kay.
2.6k words
3.83
15.4k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers

These are a few chapters and I will try to update this as soon as I get a feel of where to go next.

Kay

*

"Today's highs are going to be in the 90s with a low of a possible 75 tonight." I flicked off the television in disgust at what the weatherman had just said and quickly rethought my outfit for the day. Looking down at the jeans and button up short-sleeve shirt I had picked the night before, I was seriously debating on whether or not to grab the cleanest looking t-shirt and just forget it.

I had just moved here to Knoxville and the weather's reputation had not let me down one bit. I looked at the open windows of my Victorian styled home and knew immediately what I was forgetting to check on. I walked into the next room and saw him, the air conditioning repair man, also known as my angel in disguise.

Bent over working on the vents, he seemed of large build and he only proved my theory by standing to greet me. He stood over six feet five inches tall and compared to my five foot six, I was barely meeting his broad masculine shoulders. His fierce blue eyes met mine and I was unknowingly a goner right then.

My heart did that funny little flippy thing it does when I get excited about something or in this case someone. He reintroduced himself and explained what was wrong with my AC, then explained that it would take a few days to fix it completely.

Disappointed, I walked into the kitchen and noticed the clock on the wall read 4 P.M. "SHIT! Where has the day gone? I haven't eaten a thing all day!" I then suddenly realized that I was beginning to feel the dizziness that accompanies fasting and stumbled towards a chair. But before making it to the chair, I thumped to the ground as everything went black.

2

I awoke to a strange sensation. I felt the coolness of a damp washcloth being pressed to my forehead while a strange, yet slightly familiar, voice called out to me.

I slowly remembered that it was Andrew, the AC repairman's voice and floated back to reality. My eyes fluttered open to the gorgeous site of a dark haired, blue eyed man leaning over me with a severe look of worry on his face. I sat up as he asked me continuously if I were alright or if I needed anything.

Slowly standing, I replied that I was fine and had just forgotten to eat. He looked at me with a sigh of relief and handed me the glass of water he had just poured. His large hands and arms guided me to my couch and he sat beside me until the pounding in my head subsided.

He was attractive and I had nonchalantly noticed that he wasn't wearing a ring, which I must admit made me feel a little better instantly. I caught him looking at me, again with the worried look, out of the corner of my eye and turned to him. He smiled a weary smile and asked again if I were alright.

I looked at him and a burst of courage came from nowhere. "Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" I asked as if nothing at all had just happened. He looked at me shocked but smiled as I explained that I had just moved here and did not know anyone yet. He smiled the sexiest smile I have ever seen and said he would love to.

After making sure that I was fine, he left me and went home to get cleaned up for our date. I wasn't quite sure if it was really a date, or just a casual dinner thing but I dressed to impress either way.

I thought out loud as I showered and readied myself for dinner, "What the hell possessed me to ask him out for dinner? And just what do I suppose is going to happen? We fall in love after he fixes my AC and rescues me? God Kay, get a hold of your self! Its just dinner with a new friend, let it evolve into what it will and stop with your stupid expectations."

As I was adjusting my smaller than I thought top yet again, my doorbell chimed the arrival of a guest. My heart stopped then fluttered as if I were on speed or something. I looked at my cell, "He's thirty minutes early," I thought out loud, talking to myself yet again.

I almost pranced to my door when I saw his tall figure fill my glass doorframe. I opened the door to a sharply dressed, and oh so sweet smelling, version of the man that had rescued me in my kitchen only a mere hour prior.

"My god, you look beautiful!"

He said as he blushed in realization that it was said a loud instead of in his head as planned. I smiled back at him, "You look quite handsome yourself Andrew, and that cologne you're wearing is intoxicating."

We stood staring at each other for a few seconds, drinking in our presence until he motioned to his car. I grabbed my bag and noticed what my carriage would be for the night. I gasped as I saw his fully restored 1969 Ford Mustang, it was navy blue and it sent chills through me. I had always been a Chevy girl growing up, but had secretly kept a place in my heart for Ford Mustangs.

Noticing my expression, he laughed and asked if I was sure that I was going to be ok. I looked from him to the car and back to him again with a foolish look of love-struck in my eyes. Andrew grabbed my hand and led me down my stairs and as he opened the car door, I caught another waft of his intoxicating cologne. It was so intense that it almost made me feel like skipping dinner completely and heading straight to my bedroom. But of course, being a good Southern, and Christian, girl I kept my thoughts to myself as Andrew drove us to dinner.

After our dinner, which was composed of fine dinning and conversation, Andrew offered to take me downtown. Looking at him oddly, he informed me that Downtown Knoxville was mostly a historical part of town which just so happened to be beautifully lit at night.

I agreed, thankful that I had not worn my new shoes as planned, and we set off for downtown. Andrew showed me around Market Square and told me that it was host to many events. He told me of the farmer's markets, concerts, food venues and many other things to see at Market Square.

It was then that I noticed that sometime during our walk, our hands had met and had not left each other all night. My heart jumped again as we stopped in front of a water fountain that was made to play in. At night, you could see the entire city lit up as if dancing with energy.

We stood by the water at the World's Fair Site and watched the lights reflect off of the Sun sphere in the middle of the park. I could not honestly recall a better date than this; he took me for dinner and a romantic walk afterwards.

I was falling fast for the blue eyed man that towered over me. Andrew noticed me shaking slightly from the night breeze and pulled me close to him, I looked up at him as our lips met gently. My heart stayed faithful and fluttered in such a way that I thought it was going to jump into my throat. Andrew squeezed me tight in an embrace as we continued to kiss beneath the Sun Sphere. My head swam in his cologne and I knew then that I was gone.

Sadly and reluctantly, we broke our kiss as we headed back to Andrew's car. I really didn't want the night to end, but I knew that he had to work the next day. Andrew drove me home and when he walked me to my door, he kissed me with such passion that I thought I would melt right there on my porch.

He said goodnight and said he would be back tomorrow to finish working on my AC. I watched him drive away from the safety of my home and then floated off to my bed. I slipped into my usual night attire and drifted off to sleep as soon as my eyes closed.

3

I awoke to the dreadful sound of my alarm clock going off. I sat straight up in the bed as if startled and swung myself out of bed. I danced across the cool hardwood floors into the bathroom for my morning shower routine. I recanted last night's events while washing my hair and a big smile painted itself on my face.

I got dressed in a much cooler outfit than yesterday's and headed out to the kitchen. The doorbell chimed and again my heart stopped. I opened the door expecting to see Andrew's smiling handsome face, but was greeted by someone else entirely.

"Hi ma'am, I'm Jonathon and I'm here to fix your AC." Catching the disappointment in my expression, Jonathon smiled as he informed me, "Andrew had to pick up some parts for your AC but he will be joining me later."

I motioned him to come in and offered him something to drink. "No thank you ma'am. I'll just go ahead and get started on what I can before Andrew gets here with the parts we need. You won't even know I'm here."

I worked in my kitchen for what seemed like eternity going over case files for the job I was starting the next week. Files of unidentified remains waiting to be named and put to rest. I heard the doorbell chime once again and was greeted by my new favorite person.

"Hey, sorry I'm late! I had to pick up some parts for your AC and it looks like Jonathon beat me out here." I smiled as he leaned in to kiss me; we then walked into my living room where Jonathon was working on my venting system. Andrew went back to my kitchen with me before working and we spoke quietly of the previous night.

Andrew sat at the table while I went to check my cell phone, which was ringing in my bedroom. Walking through the living room, I felt a sharp crack against my skull and I landed on the floor with a thud. Andrew came running into the living room to find Jonathon standing over me with a wrench in his hands.

Running towards him, Andrew lunged on Jonathon taking him down in one swift motion rendering him unconscious. Andrew quickly grabbed wire ties and used them as makeshift handcuffs until the police could get there. There was a knock on my door as the police and ambulance arrived. As ordered by Andrew, I lay completely flat on the living room floor until the paramedics gave me a complete check over.

I was given the ok after the assessment of a large knot on the back of my head and told to rest for a few days. Officer Harvey Grant introduced himself to me and said that he couldn't wait to work with me next week. He wrote down everything that happened and had Jonathon sent down to the precinct.

Andrew and I watched as they loaded Jonathon into the back of the cruiser and drove away. Walking slowly back into my home, Andrew begged me to rest on the couch while he finished my AC only a few feet away.

By the time Andrew finished my AC, it was dinner time and I was starving. I had napped on the couch while watching reruns and I woke to find Andrew holding me. Slightly embarrassed, but comfortable with waking up with him, I slowly sat up and asked if he were hungry.

"I could probably eat a horse, but what do you say about a pizza?"

I nodded in agreement and stood to go grab my phone. It was then that I realized that I had never gotten the chance to check it earlier. I dashed to my bedside table and snatched up the cell phone. Five missed calls, three voicemails and 8 text messages. I checked the voicemail first.

The first voicemail was a call from my mother checking in on me, the second being from my dear friend Dawn complaining that I never return phone calls, and the last being from someone at my new office. Dawn had even tried to text message me with no prevail. I hit Dawn's speed dial and she picked up on the second ring.

"You know, I should just let you get the voicemail like you let me do. What the hell is going on with you that you can't even answer the phone for your best friend?"

I took the time to fill her in on the day's events, "OH MY GOD! Are you ok hun? I feel so bad for chewing you out now!" "Dawn honey, don't feel bad, I let you get the answering machine way too much and I know that. But just so you know, I don't do it on purpose," I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, my trip down there has just been bumped up. Mikhail and I broke up and I need a break from here. You up for company a little early?" I looked at Andrew standing in my bedroom door, "When are you going to get here?" I asked as nonchalantly as I could manage.

"Sometime next week, I have to find someone to watch the house for me but that shouldn't be a problem hun."

I looked back at Andrew and told Dawn I'd call her back the next day. Hanging up the phone I walked over to Andrew and kissed him with a fierce passion that let him know exactly what I wanted. I unbuttoned his shirt fumbling with the buttons and tried my best not to trip over my clothes that had quickly pooled in the floor at my feet.

I awoke the next morning to the feeling of being held and quickly remembered what had happened the night before. Rolling over to put my head on Andrew's chest, I caught a glimpse of him sleeping lightly and smiled at just how beautiful he really was. Nuzzling his chest, I dozed back off and woke to find Andrew gone.

My heartbeat hastened at the thought that he had just left me and I didn't think to check the noises that were coming from my kitchen. A few moments later it dawned on me that he hadn't in fact left, he was only making me breakfast. I put on the baggy t-shirt he left lying in the floor and strolled to the kitchen.

A half naked man stood at my stove, breaking eggs and browning toast. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and squeezed him tight. I thought to myself how lucky I felt to have found someone like Andrew only a week after moving to Knoxville.

"I should have moved to Knoxville sooner, what do you think?"

I said out loud to Andrew's muscular back.

"Well, it would have been nice but I have you now so that's really all that matters"

Andrew said to me smiling and I smiled sheepishly too.

KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers