Summer Heat

Story Info
Hollie and Danny have the summer of a lifetime...
7.3k words
4.45
18.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The summer of 2012 held promises far beyond anything Hollie had ever had the nerve to imagine. It had started in the most inappropriately innocent way, with a smashed wing mirror, clearly the work of the latest preteen daredevil gang. That had caused a trip down to the nearest scrap yard and it was there, amongst the totalled convertibles and the old Fords that she'd reconnected with Daniel Evans.

He was one of those men that her father would have instantly disapproved of with his smudged mischievous face, oil covered hands and the jeans-pocket stuffed with grubby banknotes. But then again, Dad had always disapproved of Danny. Hollie didn't care that he smeared petrol when they awkwardly hugged and she didn't care when he accidentally scratched the paintwork on her Seat Ibiza. All she cared about was the fact that she'd rediscovered her childhood soul mate. And this time, something in his eyes told her that their relationship was destined to go far beyond a simple friendship. This wasn't going to be one of those stupid high-school summer romances she told herself as he gallantly helped her over the remains of a mangled VW Golf, this was going to be something real.

Maybe it was presumptuous of her to immediately decide that a relationship was going to stem out of this chance encounter, but the kiss they shared mere minutes after meting, overturned any previous qualms. Danny's hands were in her hair, his mouth rough on hers and had it been any other greasy scrap-metal-dealer, Hollie would have been horrified. But it was Danny, a man whose personality was etched into every last feature of his good-natured face. A man, who unlike others, didn't fumble when he spoke to her, didn't feel the need to compliment her for no particular reason. He was as naturally masculine as they came, and it suited Hollie just perfectly.

~

She could remember him as a child, the scruffy schoolboy who was always fighting, scabs on both knees as he charged around the playground. And then their infant school teacher, Ms Donald, telling him off, shouting at him for being such a nuisance, before the words, "Go and sit next to Hollie! Maybe she'll be a good influence on you." And that was the clincher. The little menace seated next to the groomed girl in the polished uniform, the two of them looking at each other with uncertainty until she spoke, with all the pomp of a pampered bitch-to-be, "What are you staring at? I don't like little boys.". And Danny, the charmer since day one, smiling wickedly as he borrowed one of her Winnie the Pooh pencil crayons, "I don't like little girls. But you're pretty. I like you." Being a golden child, the compliment shouldn't have taken the six year old Hollie by surprise but it did and since then, she and Danny had been inseparable.

Hollie's mother hated it when her little darling brought Danny over for tea every day; she didn't think much of the little rogue or his parents or the council estate where they lived. But Hollie loved every part of him. She loved running around the high-rise flats, sneaking through the allotments, her mouth crammed full of stolen strawberries as Danny's hand pulled on hers, tugging her through the hole in the barbed wire fencing. It had been the best four years of her childhood, and it could have gone on forever until Dad had had quite enough. His little princess had come home once again with sticky, juice stained fingers, the front of her ridiculously expensive frock stained with the same blackcurrant remnants.

They were moving, Hollie was told as she idly scrubbed her hands with washing-up liquid, they were moving to a nicer part of town, with less nasty little children to corrupt her.

And that had been it. Hollie hadn't even had time to say goodbye to her best friend before she was whisked away but now, ten years later, here she was, sitting on the bumper of an old Nissan, Danny Evans next to her, his arm draped casually around her shoulders as they reminisced.

"So how's Daddy now?" Danny asked, a hint of playful tease in his voice.

"Fine." Hollie grinned, "Just as pompous, just as disappointed in me and just as money oriented."

Danny laughed. "Perfect." She turned to smile at him and his mouth was on hers again, his tongue warm and searching, his grease-covered hand brushing her white skirt, green eyes zoning in on hers as they broke apart.

"I never thought I'd see you again." Hollie murmured, looking distractedly in her bag to retrieve a tissue with which she attempted to wipe the oil stain from her skirt, "We moved so far, I mean."

Danny laughed, watching her futile attempts in amusement, before he leaned back against the windscreen of the car, "Your father clearly wasn't taking any chances."

"Mmm." Hollie abandoned her attempt at improvised laundry and turned to look at him, "You're different."

"Oh yeah?" A small smile played around the corners of her old friend's mouth, "In what way?"

Hollie shrugged, "Just more mature. A little more cynical I guess. Less innocent."

Danny sat up, "And are those bad things?"

"No." Hollie slipped off the hood of the car and smoothed down her outfit, "Not at all."

"Where are you going?" Danny sat up, squinting slightly as sunlight reflected sharply off the various old vehicles, "Already been scared away?"

"No." Hollie stepped forward and kissed him again, marvelling at her own reckless attitude, "I'm not scared of you."

"Good." Danny's voice was low as his hands slipped around her waist, pulling her slender body into his, "Because you've changed too. In a good way."

"Oh yeah?" Hollie's voice was barely a whisper as his mouth moved to brush against her neck, "How's that?"

"I dunno." Danny pulled her in closer between his denim clad legs, making her shiver slightly, despite the soaring temperature, "I was never good with words."

She stepped back as he pushed hard against her, a slight feeling of panic erupting in the pit of her stomach as she realised just how much of a man he'd become.

"What's wrong?" Danny's eyes, intelligent in his own way were on hers, silently assessing.

"Nothing." Hollie shook her head and smiled, "We should hang out, y'know? Do stuff together? We've got a whole summer."

Danny laughed, "Great. I thought you'd never ask."

~

Hollie knew that what they were doing was reckless but somehow that made their first time together all the more delicious. It wasn't planned; there were no candles, silk sheets or flutes of champagne, but more fittingly, a bottle of raspberry Sambuca and the back seat of Danny's second-hand Audi. One minute they were laughing about something ridiculous and the next their mouths had connected, stickily, with comfortable awkwardness. Danny's hands were rough but gentle at the same time, almost hesitant as he pushed up the skirt of her printed summer dress, his hands moving up her thighs as she pushed closer to him, the wild abandonment spurring her on, her mouth tasting his, the flavour of liquor present on both their tongues.

"You're so perfect." Danny's voice was low as they paused for breath, his eyes passing over her glossy brown hair and porcelain skin, "So flawless."

"So are you." Hollie murmured. And she meant it. In her eyes he was amazing, every last part of him.

Their mouths met again, frantically, Hollie's pulse racing as she felt him shift, his hands moving to her waist, pulling her to sit on top of him, before moving furtively under the fabric of her dress until his fingers reached her chest.

"So beautiful." Danny gasped out the words, his breathlessness a mixture of lust and excitement as he moved one hand down to her panties, pulling them aside to touch her, his fingers surprisingly deft.

"God..." Hollie's mouth moved to his stubble, lips admiring the strong curve of his clenched jaw, the scent of perfume and petrol heavy in the air. It was so hot, so wonderfully hot, the sun blazing in through the windows, accentuating every perfect feature of her lover's face, making her skin prickle with the beginnings of passionate perspiration.

Her hands dropped to Danny's waist, rested against the flat of his t-shirt covered stomach as he pressed urgently against her, his fingers pushing against her entrance, sliding in, making her moan out loud as she pulled at the buckle on his belt. And then it was all happening wonderfully quickly as he lifted his ass up off the seat, wordlessly encouraging her to pull the layers of clothing away from him as he mumbled something into her neck, his hand moving to wrap around his length, to guide it to her as he gripped tight to her narrow waist.

"Fuck..." Hollie's hands moved up to his arms, gripped his biceps through the thin polyester of his faded Rocky t-shirt as he pressed hard to her, hands sliding around to the small of her back, pushing her down onto him until he was completely buried. There was a pause as they stared at each other, mouths slightly open, Hollie issuing little gasps of discomfort, Danny breathing out a hoarse lungful of air before his hand moved to the back of her head, pulled her mouth down onto his and they kissed, furiously and fervently.

And then he was moving, hands dropping to her waist as he began awkwardly manoeuvring himself in and out, holding her close as he built up a steady rhythm. It wasn't perfect; the backseat of a cramped car was never going to be perfect but it came damn well close. Hollie felt hot, sweaty and dirty but she loved it, she loved every last second of their fumbling embrace. The excitement and heat were almost more than she could contain, and she let it out by way of content little moans her heart thumping as Danny thrust repeatedly up into her, his movements strong and firm. Their eyes met wordlessly and they kissed again, before moving faster together, the sound of their colliding bodies barely audible above the gasps of pleasure.

"I never expected this." Danny's voice was a low whisper, his green eyes fixed on hers, "Just you, being here, and this..." He shook his head, "I...it's amazing."

"I know." Hollie tried to maintain eye contact but the escalating sensations were flooding through her body, making her moan and cry out, her eyes closing tight as she threw her head back and let it all happen. She could feel Danny's fingers digging deep into her skin but even the sharp pain felt good, it all felt amazing, as she clenched down hard and felt him reach his own peak, grunting out his release. They held each other for a moment, a pleasurable union of sweatily entwined limbs, before Danny reached up and pushed her hair out of her eyes. He was still breathless, his face shining with sweat but his emerald eyes sparkled as they gazed into hers, "This is gonna be the best summer ever."

~

They spent almost every minute together. There were walks, picnics, movies, races; all those things that they were too old to do but still enjoyed immensely. And at night they'd do what Hollie would have previously defined as joyriding, jumping into one of the not-so-totalled cars at the scrap yard and driving for miles and miles along the motorway, not caring how far they went or where they eventually ended up.

"You don't need much." Danny confided on one such occasion as they accelerated down a dual carriageway at midnight, "Just a pocket full of cash. And maybe a bank card. You could run away forever."

The wind whipped through Hollie's hair as she turned to smile at him, "Like that guy in those Lee Child books."

Danny grinned and shifted gears, "I don't read books. I do the stuff myself." He pressed harder on the accelerator, ignoring the protesting splutters coming from somewhere underneath the bonnet.

"That doesn't sound so good."

"So?" Danny took his attention off the road and looked at her, "You're having fun aren't you?"

"Yeah," Hollie breathed a sigh of relief as he turned his eyes back to the road, "But the car could explode. We could die."

"No we couldn't." Danny laughed, "And even if we did, can you think of a better way to go? You're with me, having the time of your life and we'd both go together, without feeling a thing. Perfect."

Hollie snorted, "Whatever. Just slow down."

And finally he obliged, pulling to a complete stop on the hard-shoulder before leaning across and kissing her again, the heat of the moment resulting in the inevitable. It was liberating, Hollie thought wildly as their bodies pressed hard against each others, this almost illicit sex with Danny revitalised her, made her forget all her stupid university worries, allowed her to live a little. She stared up at the stars in the clear sky, her hands gripping tight to his strong shoulders as the traffic rushed past, drivers catching no more than a glimpse of their unmatchable love making. The two of them cried out into the cool night air as the breeze heightened every last sensation. Hollie could smell smoke and diesel and cologne and she could smell Danny, his wonderful unique scent. The smells and sounds poured into her senses and flooded her mind, circling into a whirlpool of pleasure as Danny moved on top of her, his mouth tenderly rough; his half-whispers eternally stimulating. They hit orgasm as one, crying out unrestrainedly, releasing their emotions in a half-dazed accelerated state, eyes staring deep into each others as they caught their breath.

And then they were driving again, speeding along, swerving past supermarket lorries, the enormously blown-up images of groceries suddenly seeming ridiculously hilarious, their laughter drowning out the distant horns blaring behind them.

"This is amazing!" Hollie's words were barely legible over the sound of the wind and other vehicles but Danny heard and he turned to look at her, the smile on his lips reflected in his vivid green eyes as he switched the radio on, Sean Paul's voice blaring out of the speakers.

The ever present sky was a clear midnight-blue as they zoomed down the tarmac for miles and miles, wide awake, without a single care in the world. Maybe they should have been disappointed when the first signs of dawn began to break across the horizon but the yellow glow only heightened Hollie's good mood. Another day was on its way, a day which was bound to be as wonderfully stress-free as the last few.

And it was. They ended up on the beach by six in the morning, the early hour meaning it was almost deserted. The sand was dry and warm as they raced across to meet the sea which was still far out, the waves gently lapping forward, the water a glittering expanse of liquid heaven.

A sea of opportunity, Hollie thought almost solemnly, somehow relating the saltwater to her future; anything is possible. Danny was stripping, wading out into the gushing warmth, before turning back, and calling for her to join him. And as dangerous as it was to take off all her clothes, to leave them in a small pile on the not-quite-deserted beach, Hollie couldn't think of a better idea.

The water was warmer than she'd expected, a comforting pool of silk, hardened only by the feel of Danny's body behind her, his torso appearing even more magnificent soaked in seawater. They swam out, farther than Hollie would have previously dared, the gently rippling water surrounding them, undulating in soft frothing waves as it soothed and unwound their bodies. It's peaceful, Hollie thought, even as Danny ducked her, pulling her mercilessly under the water, everything feels free and open, there are no restrictions. She resurfaced, gasping for breath, shaking her head before opening her eyes and chasing him back to shore, leaving the water behind, the grainy sand collecting on the soles of her feet. There were no towels but the warm breeze carrying across the sea soon swept the water off her body and she dressed hurriedly, suddenly wary of early sunbathers.

Danny watched her, the crinkles around his eyes accentuated by his amusement, "Chill out. There's no-one here."

But even if there had been, it didn't really matter.

They hung out on the beach for most of the morning, lying on the warm sand, gazing up at the cloudless sky, the seagulls circling high above them as they talked about their lives, their dreams, all the conversation they'd missed out on over the last few years. But as Danny said, things happened for a reason. Maybe if they had spent the rest of their childhoods together, other things might have happened to separate them. This unexpected encounter was almost destiny and they could make what they wanted of the opportunity; embrace it or throw it away.

"And what do you want to do?" He asked teasingly, elbowing her softly, "Hang on to it? Or go back to the way things were before you bumped into me?"

Hollie turned to look at him, "I think I'll just go along with whatever happens." She sat up and looked across at the shimmering ocean before them, "We might get tired of each other, we might not. But right now I'm enjoying it." She glanced down at his tanned face, "What do you think?"

Danny smiled as he heaved himself up off the sand and pulled his t-shirt on, "I think you're absolutely right." He glanced around at the other sunbathers and pulled her up off the sand, "Now let's get out of here; I hate seeing fat people in bikinis."

~

In some ways Danny was the child he'd always been but in others he was almost like an aged jungle cat, mature and primitively powerful. It was his eyes that said it. The sparkling green irises would connect with Hollie's and the silence spoke volumes. There was pure intelligence there, flecks of gold hidden amongst the emerald surfaces, a sight only to be appreciated by those who looked close enough. And Hollie was always close enough. She held no doubts that their relationship was strengthened by the childhood friendship they'd shared all those years ago. Everything they'd been and everything they'd become was encompassed, all the good parts brought to the surface and revitalised, fuelling their hunger for each other. And when they were alone together, the hunger was insatiable.

Hollie had never felt more than excited curiosity when pursuing her physical relationship with men but with Danny, the sex was extraordinary. It wasn't just the physical pleasure that came with it, but the emotions that would hang heavy in the air, stimulating their lust as they moved with each other, eyes wide open as they spurred each other on, their moans and whispers unrestrainedly loud.

Danny never ceased to surprise her with his sudden sexual desires, or deviances even; he'd be warm and loving one minute and rough and demanding the next. It wasn't that Hollie didn't enjoy it; she loved the rollercoaster ride but it sometimes unnerved her a little, caught her by surprise. Like the time they stopped over at hers, to catch the Wimbledon final, and he felt the need to stretch her limits a little.

The TV was on, the commentator's voice filling the room as point after point was scored before the constant rallies started to get boring, stretching on for far too long and Danny apparently needed some sort of release.

He stood up and pulled off his t-shirt, exposing his tanned brown torso before turning to her, the beginnings of a teasing smile appearing on his face, "You ever given a blowjob?"

Hollie tore her gaze away from the TV and looked at him, caught off guard, "Yeah. A couple of times. Didn't enjoy it much."

She turned back to the game and sipped at her glass of water for something to do, nervously aware that he was still watching her.

"Bet you'd enjoy it with me." Danny said in all confidence, "Didn't you say you liked me better than all them other guys?"

"Yeah." Hollie felt an air of edgy expectation wash over her, "I do. But seriously Danny. I'm just not so comfortable with...that sort of thing."

"Aw, come on Hollie." Danny's voice was gruff, almost goading as he watched her intently, "Or are you too much of a good girl?"