Summer Job

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,796 Followers

For the first time since the funeral, her husband teared up.

"I'll always care about you, Case. But...but I...I don't..."

"Say it, Jack. I need to hear you say it, and you need to say it. So...do it," she said calmly.

He looked right at her then said, "I...I still care about you, but...I...I don't love you anymore."

"Thank you for finally being honest with me," she said. "I'm sure there's any such thing as 'closure', but I'm...relieved...to finally hear you say that out loud."

She looked down at the diamond ring she'd worn for so many years and without knowing why took it off her finger and set it in front of her husband.

"You gave that to me in love. I'm giving it back while I still have some amount of love left for you in my heart."

"I'll pack up my things and be gone today," Jack said quietly.

"No. I don't want the house. I don't want to live here anymore. If you don't want it, either, we can sell it. But I can't live here. I'm going upstairs to pack. Just let me know what you decide."

And with that, Casey Wheeler was free. Not totally free, but the hardest part was over. The bonds had been broken and she could start over.

Then again, maybe the hardest part was still ahead.

****

Ten months later

"Congratulations, honey! We are so proud of you!" Oliver's mom said as she hugged her college graduate for the first time.

"And when your mom says 'we' she means it, son," his dad said as he, too, hugged his son for the first time in years.

He wasn't a cold man, he just didn't 'do' public affection well. But today, he was bursting with pride and shamelessly held his son as he fought off the urge to cry.

"Look at you! So handsome and so smart and now you have your degree!" his mother beamed.

"I owe this all to you two. You know that, right?" Oliver told his parents.

"No. We never attended a single class or wrote one paper. We didn't take and pass—or in your case—ace—every test. We chipped in the best we could, but you did this, Oliver," his dad informed him.

"Well, however that falls out, I'm incredibly grateful to have two loving parents who've taught me so many things along the way. Things like integrity, loyalty, honesty. And perhaps most importantly, how a marriage is supposed to work. I can only hope to have one as good as yours someday."

Unlike his father, Oliver's mom wasn't even trying to avoid tearing up. Her tears flowed freely as she looked at her son still in his cap and gown.

"Speaking of marriage, I was so sad things didn't work out with you and Kendra. She was such a nice girl."

"Oh, right. Yeah, she was nice, but it was never that serious, Mom. She was kind of a...a rebound girl."

"I guess I knew that," she said. "Ever since last summer you've been holding something inside. It's like something happened that changed your life. I guess I was hoping Kendra was the one, but I have a feeling you're still sweet on a girl we've never met."

"I am. Or...I was. It's an impossible situation, but yes, I did meet someone and although I barely knew her, I think I may have fallen in love with her."

His father put two and two together immediately.

"She's married, isn't she?" he said without judgment.

"Nothing happened, Dad. I'd never have let anything happen," Oliver said in response to avoid answering the question directly.

"I know you wouldn't. You're too good a man for that. Besides, you've got Stanford ahead of you. Getting into their MBA program is incredible."

"Yes. It's an amazing accomplishment, Oliver," his mom chimed in saying.

"That's three months away. For now I guess I'll see if I can make a little money selling real estate."

"And there's another amazing accomplishment," his dad said. "I still can't believe you passed the exam in your senior year of college while you also worked 25-30 hours a week while going to school full-time with finals and papers and..."

"We do what we have to do, right, Dad?"

Oliver smiled then said, "I seem to remember someone I respect a whole lot telling me that a time or two."

His dad chuckled then said, "Guilty as charged. But again, you're the one who did it."

"So, do you have any plans for tonight, honey?" his mom asked.

"No. Not really. Why? Did you guys want to do something?"

"Well, we were thinking about taking you to dinner. Nothing too fancy. And not here in Seattle. But maybe someplace nice but not too nice."

He knew his parents had really sacrificed to help him get through school. They'd never mention it, but he knew their savings account was running on fumes, and they would be facing retirement with very little unless he could one day return the favor and pay the money back with interest.

"Why don't we just have dinner together at home tomorrow night or something?" Oliver suggested as though graduating from college was no big deal. "You know how much I love your cooking, Mom, so maybe you could whip up some of your famous fried chicken."

"Well, if that's what you'd like," she said as she glanced at her husband who nodded ever so slightly.

"Okay, then, that sounds very nice!"

Oliver put a hand on each of their shoulders and walked them toward the exit.

"It's more than fine, Mom. It sounds perfect."

"What'll you do tonight?" she asked.

"Me? Oh, I need to pack up my stuff and take care of a few last-minute details. I've still got the hideaway sofa to sleep on tonight then I'll drive home tomorrow sometime. Is that okay?"

"Sure. Anything you want, honey," she said as they stopped to give each other another hug and remind their son how proud they were of him.

"Love you guys!" Oliver called out as they walked away hand in hand.

He watched them walk for several seconds and couldn't help smiling when a voice he thought he vaguely recognized caught his attention.

"I see why you consider them role models," the female voice said.

Oliver's brain went into overdrive as he turned to find the source of the voice. By the time his body turned around, his brain made the connection.

"Casey. What are you doing here?" he said, nearly in shock over seeing her and even more so when he saw how beautiful she looked.

"I knew you were graduating today so I decided I'd watch from the sidelines."

"You were here the whole time?" he asked hardly able to believe what he was hearing.

"Yes. I had to stand because the seating area was full, but I wouldn't have missed it."

"You...you look amazing," he told her honestly.

And she did. Unlike her now ex-husband, the time she'd spent on her hair and makeup and the beautiful dress she'd worn wasn't lost on Oliver.

"I mean...wow!" he said as he gave her another casual look over.

"Thank you. You're still as sweet as ever," she said with a bright, happy smile.

"Um...did you maybe want to go somewhere and talk?" Oliver asked not sure if she was even interested.

"I'd love to," she said immediately. "But I don't want to interrupt your plans. I'm sure you have someone you'd rather hang out with than me."

Oliver laughed and said, "I remember you assuming I had someone I'd rather spend time with than you about a year ago give or take a month or two."

"I did say that, didn't I?" she said with a smile. "But if you do..."

"I didn't then and I don't now," he told her.

His voice became more serious as he said those words and Casey's heart leapt when it did.

"Did you maybe want to get a drink or some coffee?" Oliver suggested.

"Either is fine. Or we could just sit somewhere and talk," Casey told him. "My car is a healthy walk away, but I'd be happy to drive if you'd like."

"I rode the bus like this so that would be great," he told her as he held out his arms to indicate he'd worn his cap and gown on the bus.

Casey laughed then said, "You always made me laugh, Oliver. It's...it's so good to see you again."

"You, too, Casey. You know, I was just talking about you. With my parents."

She stopped and looked over at him saying, "Your parents know who I am?"

"No. Well, not by name. I...they asked me if..."

He stopped talking for a second then told her, "Maybe we could discuss this when we sit down and talk."

"Sure. I'd like that. And I have some things to share with you, as well," she told him as they headed to her car which was a good 150 yards away. Casey was in heels, and Oliver knew it couldn't be pleasant trudging across the huge parking lot of Husky Stadium where the ceremony had been held.

By the time they reached her car, Casey's feet were killing her.

"I don't think I've worn heels since around the time you stayed for dinner. With one other exception, that is," she said referring to her attempt to win her husband back without mentioning it to Oliver.

Once inside, Casey rolled the windows down and Oliver said, "It's really pleasant for early June."

"It is. It could just as easily be cold or raining."

"It's quiet here. Did you maybe want to just sit here and talk?" Oliver asked as he pulled off the gown and set it, along with his hat, inside the car.

"If I can go first," Casey said politely.

"Sure."

"Well, for starters, I'm single again," she said holding up her left hand.

"Casey, I'm so sorry. I knew you were having troubles."

"No, it's okay. I was willing to try again. Jack wasn't. I honestly think this was the best choice. We separated maybe a week after you finished the drainage job, and the divorce was final two months ago. I got my own apartment in town right after we separated. It's nice, but it's not a home, you know?"

"I've only ever lived with my parents or in my little apartment in Seattle so I can't really say, but I think I understand."

"How about you, Oliver?"

"Me? School, work, more school. Oh, I got accepted to Stanford's MBA program so I guess that's something."

"Seriously! Oliver, that's incredible! I'm so proud of you. I'm not surprised, either," Casey told him sincerely. "So...you'll be leaving the area soon?"

"Not until late August. I got my real estate license so I'll see if I can earn a little money before I leave. Oh, and I'll be moving back in with my parents very soon. Tomorrow, as a matter of fact."

Casey tried to smile then looked away.

"Is everything okay?" Oliver asked.

"Oh, sure. Everything is fine," she said unconvincingly.

"Casey? Why did you really come here today? It couldn't have been just to see me graduate."

"Don't I feel silly again."

She looked over at him and said, "Like when I kissed you. No...when I locked my lips onto yours like some kind of sucker fish. Sucker. That fits."

Oliver laughed giving Casey permission to laugh.

"You see. You make me laugh."

"Well, it was kind of funny," Oliver told her.

"Yes, it was. Except that, at the time, I was being serious. If not for your very high level of integrity..."

Oliver looked over at her and said, "It wasn't easy to stop."

"I'm glad you did, though. Now anyway."

"Casey? Is there something you want to say?"

"Yes, but now that I'm sitting here with you, I'm not sure I have the nerve to say it."

"I'm not going to be upset or criticize you no matter what you tell me. I hope you know that."

She smiled weakly at him and said, "Yes, I do. And that's part of what helped me work up the courage to find you."

"I'm listening," Oliver said quietly.

She turned as far sideways as the driver's seat allowed and began talking.

"Oliver, I...I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since that evening we spent together. I know it's silly. I know you're young and handsome and just graduated from college. Now I also know you have future plans and Stanford is...is huge. So while I know in my head that I'm just a middle-aged woman caught up in some kind of fantasy, I...I had to tell you this."

Oliver sat there looking at her so Casey added, "Okay. You can laugh now. Or get out and run."

Oliver extended his hand and waited. Casey looked down at it then back and him then back at his hand before she placed hers in his.

"There's a reason I was talking about you with my parents—even if I didn't mention your name."

Casey's heart was beating faster as he continued.

"You see, I tried to forget about you, Casey. I did everything I could to push the feelings I had for you out of my head—and my heart—because you were a married woman. That made those feelings inappropriate. No, it made them—wrong. But now that you're no longer married, and more importantly, now that you've done what I asked, and let me know should you ever find yourself single again, those feelings are even stronger and more real than they were ten months ago."

"So...so what do we do now?" she asked, her heart pounding wildly in her chest.

"Well, I think we should start where we left off," Oliver said as he leaned over toward her.

"Oh. I...I think that's a very reasonable starting point," she said sweetly as she leaned his way to accept his first-offered kiss.

It lasted a good ten seconds and was the most 'delicious' kiss either of them had ever experienced.

"Yes, that was a very good idea," Casey whispered.

"That was so worth waiting for," Oliver whispered back as he touched her pretty face.

"It was," Casey whispered being pulling him to her and kissing him again.

Tongues touched then intertwined as the kiss became deep and passionate.

"I guess it's a good thing we're in a public place," Casey said knowing her body was on fire with desire for his.

"I still have an apartment nearby. If that's not too much too soon."

"We have ten months of lost time to make up for so, no, it isn't too much or too soon. How long will it take to get there?" she asked in a desperately teasing kind of way.

"It just depends on traffic. It's only a mile and a half so..."

"So...about four hours?" she asked with a smile knowing how bad traffic could be.

It only took 30 minutes, and an hour later, they were laying side by side on the pull-out bed with the broken spring in the middle that poked into the back of anyone laying on it. Both of them noticed it and laughed about it, but neither one cared as their bodies joined together in the ageless dance of love.

Casey turned over and looked at her young lover and asked, "So now that you've seen me like this, you probably are ready to run."

Oliver turned on his side and put his arm around her and answered her.

"Not only 'no', I don't want to run now, I don't want to run...ever."

"That could be interpreted as wanting to be together...forever," she said, her heart beating wildly.

"I'd like that very much," Oliver told her.

"You're not serious, right?" Casey asked, her hand trembling as she touched his face. "I mean, you have Stanford, and a future career, and a life to live, Oliver."

Without hesitation Oliver blurted out, "Casey, I love you. I've loved you since you kissed me. I know that's crazy and makes no sense, but it's the gospel..."

"I love you, too, Oliver. Since then. And now. I love you so much!" she said as tears filled her eyes. "But you have to think about yourself and your future. So, like you, even though I haven't been able to stop thinking about you all these months, I could never ask you to give all that up for woman old enough to be..."

He softly put a finger over her lips and stopped her then finished her sentence for her.

"To be...beautiful? To be desirable? To be incredibly loving, caring, and giving?"

Casey wanted to interrupt, but she also wanted to drink in every word he was saying.

"To be...incredibly amazing in bed?"

She smiled but didn't speak.

"So let me once again reassure you, I don't care that you're 40 years old, because..."

"I'm...41, Oliver. Not 40."

Oliver sat up and looked at her like she'd just revealed some terrible secret about herself.

"You're forty...one?" he said with great incredulity.

"As of this June, yes," she said wondering what he was doing.

"Well, that's it then! I'm out of here! Forty is fine, but if you're forty one..."

She felt sick to her stomach until he started laughing. When he did she playfully hit him.

"That was so mean!" she said. "You scared me, Oliver."

He laid back down beside her then rolled over on top of her and said, "I don't care how old you are, Casey. All that matters is that I don't want to live without you. Stanford is meaningless unless you're with me. My future is..."

My cradled her face with his hands as he bent down over her and said, "My future is you, Casey."

Once again, tears welled up in her eyes.

"You have no idea how badly I've wanted to hear you say those words."

"I think I do," he gently told her. "Because I've never met anyone like you before or since, Casey."

"You mean you haven't even dated since, you know?"

"No. I've dated. I even tried getting serious with a girl I thought might be someone I could love."

"And?"

"And...all I could think of was you anytime we were together. I knew you were unhappy in your marriage, and at some level, I suppose I kept holding on to the possibility you might one day walk back into my life and tell me you were free again."

"Like today?" she said sweetly.

"Yes. Exactly like today," he told her as he smoothed her hair. "I knew I could never go back to see you because if you'd have let me kiss you I'd have never stopped. And I just couldn't be responsible for the breakup of your marriage. Not that it would just be me, but I couldn't allow myself to even be a small part of it. Don't get me wrong. I thought about going back to the farm a thousand times. I nearly called you several times. But in the end, I couldn't."

"Oliver?" Casey said.

"Yes?"

"Would you make love to me again?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

She smiled then said, "But could we please get off this torture rack? I think I have a permanent indention from that spring that's been poking me since we laid down."

Oliver laughed and said, "So I'm not the only thing poking you, eh?"

Casey laughed loudly then yelped as he pulled her to the floor on top of himself.

She kissed him then said, "I have never been so happy in all my life."

"Come with me," he said out of the blue.

"To?" she asked having gotten so caught up in her emotions she'd momentarily forgotten about Stanford.

"To California. Come with me."

"Are you sure? Are you really, really sure?"

He rolled her over and rested his elbows on either side of her head.

"I'm more sure of this than of anything in my life, Casey. Come with me."

Her eyes were dancing with eyes, and as always, she saw and felt honesty and sincerity.

"Okay. Yes. If you're sure then yes, I'll go with you," she told him.

Oliver smiled and was instantly hard.

"I love you so much," he said as she took him deep inside her.

"I love you, too...sweetheart," she told him as they made love a second time.

*****

"I'm scared," Casey said as they drove into his parents' driveway the following morning around 11am.

"Don't be. I know this will be a huge shock, but once they know how much I love you, they'll love you, too."

"I...I don't know, Oliver. I mean, I'm...I'm not exactly a college co-ed, you know."

"No, but you're the woman of my dreams, honey," he told her before kissing her right after parking the car.

Casey bit her lip, sighed, then said, "Are you sure you don't want to tell them about us first? I could come back in a day or two or..."

"No. I can't stand the thought of not being with you for that long," he told her. "But I would like maybe 30 seconds with them before I introduce you. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Whatever you think is best," she told him.

Oliver led Casey inside through the garage entrance and asked her to wait in the laundry room hallway for a moment promising to be right back.

She let go of his hand and silently hoped the reaction wouldn't be as awful as she was imagining as her young lover went into the kitchen to break the news to his parents.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,796 Followers