Summer with Nora

Story Info
Sometimes they sway into your life and never leave.
17.6k words
4.84
36.1k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I love summer. I hate the heat and the humidity, especially in the City. But I do love the Summer. Dresses get shorter and heels get higher. The variety of heels and skirts that shuffle, hobble and march their way down the streets is amazing. Sure there are the skinny girls that would look good in a potato sack, but those often can't walk in heels.

A woman needs to be able to walk in heels -- not so much walk in heels as saunter, swaying gently. Not that grotesque model swaying, that looks too much like perpetual hip dislocation. Decidedly unattractive, reminding me of my own age. There needs to be enough hip movement to get the skirt moving, without deliberately blowing it up at each step. Gentle, almost unconscious, nothing deliberate about it.

And so it was summer of course when I sat in the park, enjoying my lunch break in the shade, watching those young things making their way across the park -- some more gracefully then others. I nearly skipped over her when I scanned across the park. Those big dark sunglasses that are popular now, navy blue dress, nice deep V-neck showing off her slight breasts, purse over one shoulder, looking at her phone. She had stopped in the shade to stare at her phone. I'm guessing she had a map on it, because she kept turning it in circles to find her way, before she started walking again. Her womanly hips had exactly the right amount of sway. She had a nice curvy body, unfortunately by today's standards she would have been deemed heavy-set, but I'm old school, as they say. I still like the curvy pinup girls of youth.

Let me explain, I was born in 1955, so what I remember of my youth was filled with sneaking into movies, staring at the beautiful screaming women in those old horror flicks, school obviously, went to college, went to law school, and worked my way up to partner at a small law firm. Married, no kids, not that I would have been adverse to kids, but with my ex-wife's taste for other men, she was perpetually on birth control. Just one of the things that I wished I had known in my youth -- don't marry the popular girl, she might still be popular after college.

Anyway, back to that gorgeous walk. Her dress swayed enticingly. Swishing high enough on her thighs to draw my attention, but because she wasn't the model figure, she didn't attract too many other eyes. She kept her head high, not looking down at her feet, like so many women do when they are not used to walking in high heels. Always looks like they're looking for a contact lens staring so intently at the ground. Honestly, heels are a beautiful invention -- separates the wheat of women from the chaff of mere girls. This one was a woman, a pleasure to watch. Apart from those huge sunglasses. Honestly, a stupid idea. I could not see her face apart from her soft rosy lips, again very much the pinup. Her blond hair was pinned up haphazardly, probably because of the heat. Pieces continued to fall around her face. I judged her hair to be about shoulder length. A good length, much longer and it starts getting in the way, shorter and there isn't enough to sink your hands into. Ohhhhhkay. Back to reality. She may have had womanly curves but she was still about 30 years younger than me, so that was really just my horny mind running on overtime.

She walked past me and before I could stop myself, I got up and followed her. Well, I didn't follow her, she was heading in the same direction as me anyway, so I truly wasn't following her. I'm not that desperate. So I followed her for a bit. My eyes wandered from her shoes, simple, white, sturdy heel, not dowdy though, "apparently a girl that walks in heels quite often," I remember thinking. Up her calves to the back of her knees, to the back of her thighs that flashed into view when her dress swayed. Her butt, no, not really a butt. It was wide, flaring outwards from her hips, quite pronounced, not flabby and flat, but standing out, nice and round. It was one swooping curve from her butt to her back. The back of her dress ended just above her bra, above it bare skin. Though perhaps bare is the wrong word. A large tattoo graced the space between her shoulders. Two fish, abstract, but not cartoonish. On anyone else, I would have guessed it was their astrological sign, but it didn't look like it. Then again, she hadn't looked like the sort to have tattoos in the first place. So who knew.

In the shade of the awning in front of my office building she pulled out a red cardigan, covering her back and shoulders. I was still standing behind her in the shade, when our doorman woke me out of my reverie. "Mr. Cooper, sir. Anything wrong?" Startled, I mumbled something about the heat and walked towards the door. She had finished buttoning her cardigan, rearranging her purse and dress and started for the door. We slightly bumped into each other in the doorframe. "Ladies first." I said with a smile. "Thank you." she replied clearly and with a beautiful smile. She had good manners, something sorely lacking in most people in her age range. I had been so focused on her body that I hadn't noticed that she had taken off her sunglasses and stowed them in her purse.

Her light skin had taken on a light sheen in the summer heat, and she was pleasantly flushed. She was a real blonde that was for sure, her eyebrows were as sandy blond as her hair. Her lips proved a nice contrast to her pale skin and her eyes. I couldn't quite tell what color they had been at that moment. I hoped for better look, but chances were nil. In the lobby, we both walked towards the elevator, then both waited for the elevator, got in and I asked her for her floor. "14th, please." Again with the good manners. But wait, she had said 14th floor, what was she doing on my floor. "Oh, are you a new client of ours?" With surprise she asked, "You're the Mr. Cooper?" She had been listening. She continued, "No, I wish I could afford you, I'm only looking to work for you." Her? Work for me? Oh, there were a number of things she could work on for me, but none of them involved a desk. Well, they did. But nothing I could pay her for. At least, not legally. Down boy!

The elevator doors opened, and James, one of the firm's associates, stood at the front desk, already eagerly waiting. "James, you're waiting for me at the door? Why?" James was about 20 years younger than me. We had a collegial relationship, even though much to my chagrin he still called to me as 'Mr. Cooper'. Way to make me feel old! "Um, Mr. Cooper, actually I was waiting for the young lady next to you. How are you, Nora?" He had trembled in his words.

So Nora was her name. It actually fit, wasn't anything extraordinary, but still far from common, somewhat like her. God, what an ass. That's it. It was decidedly an ass, not a butt, not a bottom, an ass. Round, soft, high. Get your mind above her neck, old bugger! "I'm great, James. And yourself?" James stammered, "Oh, umm, I'm good. Glad you're here." James had never been "good" a day in his life. Perpetually nervous, even though he had no reason to be. He was an excellent lawyer, smart, very quick, just nervous as hell. "Let's go to the conference room, and we can talk." She turned to me, held out her hand and said, "I forgot to introduce myself, Nora Stewart, Mr. Cooper." Her hand was soft, not clammy, and her handshake firm. I never understood women who gave flimsy handshakes. What is that supposed to indicate -- fragile bones?

"Hugh Cooper, nice to meet you. And please, call me Hugh."

With a wide grin she answered, "Well, it was very nice to meet you, Hugh. Hopefully this wasn't the last time." Her eyes twinkled. Did I imagine that? And that was decidedly a husky 'Hugh'. Did my dry spell start to affect my perception as it already affected my inner monologue? No, there was definitely something in that.

I went back to my office, back to work, to get my mind off that young beauty in the conference room. There was enough work at the firm these days to warrant my getting back to work, but I couldn't shake her ass, though I'm sure she could. The tattoo she had covered up under her cardigan, her swaying hips. I was damn near drooling when a quick rap on the door woke me up again. James looked at me a bit confused, "Everything ok, Mr. Cooper?" Why is it that a man my age cannot simply have a day dream and look a bit horny? No, there has to be something wrong with him. Well, there probably was. "No, no, nothing. I was just working over some things in my mind. What is it?"

"I'd like to introduce you to our new legal assistant. Well, you already met, but still, I just wanted to let you know, I hired Ms. Stewart for this summer, with your blessing, of course." He was stammering again. I jumped out of my chair and bounded for door. Yes, bounded. I may be 55, but I can still bound, especially when it's about a beautiful woman. "Ms. Stewart, I'm glad you'll be joining us this summer. Everyone, I'd like you to meet Ms. Stewart, our new intern for this summer." I turned to Nora, "Nora, I hope you feel at home in our small firm, and my door is always open, stop by anytime you have a question." Ok, so maybe that was a bit unorthodox, but hey, the more often I got her in my office, the better.

There was that twinkle again, "Thank you, Hugh," she replied huskily. Ok, now I am sure there was something there.

James showed her around the office, introduced her to all the secretaries, and showed her workspace. My office was smack across from her main work area -- a half-height cubicle. Every time I'd look up bored from my desk, I could see her researching the case and sorting out the details of the case. She usually sat at her computer, but if she got the chance to read actual materials, she would do so standing up, half sitting on her desk, ankles crossed, or leaning over a case file on her desk, picking up one foot off the floor, giving her feet some relief from their height. Her movements would have looked deliberate on most people, but because she seemed to have accepted that she wasn't beautiful according to today's standards, she didn't look forced. She was unconsciously seductive, especially to this older guy with fantasies of bedding a pinup.

The next couple of weeks flew by -- we were working feverishly on a major case. Late into the night, our team would stay to work, sending out for food and coffee. Nora usually ran out to get sustenance, make copies, file and type things up -- basically what she was supposed to do. She always wore a skirt and heels to work, a good look both for her and the office. She'd stay late, making sure none of those 11 p.m. brainstorming sessions went by unrecorded.

By August, we were still working on this discrimination case against a retail chain, going to trial soon with our chances looking pretty slim. The late nights had been dragging on for weeks. As usual, I fell asleep at my desk the night before. I woke up with my head on my arms, with a memo next to my nose. It wasn't signed, I read it without actually lifting my head. It was the answer. The last piece of evidence we needed to prove our case. I sped to the door, and shouted, "Who wrote this? Come on people, you know we always sign our work." Everyone looked around confusedly. The elevator dinged just at that moment and Nora walked in with our morning coffee orders. When she noticed the mood in the room, she stared at me, worry clearly written on her face. I was still waving the memo in the air, "Come on, who thought of bringing in past job applicants and these two cases?" A quiet voice answered, "umm...Mr. Cooper, that was me. I'm sorry, I know this is way beyond my qualifications. I just thought, maybe it... could... help." I read over the memo again, not quite believing that someone that hadn't even finished law school yet had researched this. Around me, associates and secretaries began picking up their coffees, shooting Nora worried glances. I snapped out of my momentary freeze, leapt towards her, giving her a bear hug, nearly dragging her off her feet. "Brilliant! We might actually win." Wow, I actually touched more than just her hand. She stood stiffly at first, quickly softening into the hug. Her laughter rang through the room. "Oh, wow, I thought you were going to fire me." "Fire you, you're nuts. This idea is insane, but might actually work. Come on, let's get cracking." I grabbed her hand, dragging her towards my office. The surprised look on everyone's face soon changed to relieved smiles and grins. James actually looked relaxed for a moment, he really looked better nervous though. Poor fellow.

In my office, she sat across from me and started talking about her ideas, what had made her think of them, the cases she had mentioned in the short memo. The sofa had definitely not been this attractive to look at until she sat on it. It would have been big enough for a quick fuck, without anyone noticing what we were up to. Stop it, Hugh. She's not going to screw you, even if she flirted with you. You're more than 30 years her senior. We talked for hours, I called in James, and we brooded over the evidence and precedents. Sometime around 11 p.m., James had gone home, and Nora was dropping off into sleep on my desk. I reached out to shake her awake, but she only grabbed my hand and stuffed it under her head for a pillow. I couldn't help but smile at the scene. I finally had her lying on my desk, but she was dead asleep and my hand was pinned between her arm and head. Gently I tried to coax her back to the land of the living, "Nora. Wake up. Wake up, Nora." Nothing. No response. Then more sternly, "Ms. Stewart." That did it. She bolted upright. "Oh wow, I'm so sorry. I must have fallen asleep." "Yes, you did. But that's alright. Go home, get some sleep. I'm sure you have a boyfriend that's waiting for you."

It must have been still her sleep talking but she blurted out, "Pfft, boyfriends. no, thank you. What use do I have for a boy. I prefer a man." I nearly tripped backwards, I thought she added, "someone like you." to the end of that last part. With that she stood up, reached for her bag and sauntered towards the door. I always did like it when she walked away from me. Not the away part, but seeing her from behind was delicious.

The next few days were even more feverish, we were due in court and within days, Nora often leaving past 11, but no more sleeping on my desk. Finally our court date arrived, after opening arguments, the court ordered the hearing of witnesses for a few weeks later. Back in our office, James and I were greeted with applause. My secretary approached and whispered, "Hugh, the defendant called. They want a meeting this afternoon. They're ready to deal." A few hours later the deal was made, they would change their policy and pay out a grand total of $45 million in damages to the group of four and that was it. Case closed, million dollar deal in the bag.

After the defendants' attorneys left the office, champagne corks popped all around the office. Everyone drank to their heart's content, this was the case we had been waiting to win. "Alright, all of you, dinner's on the house tonight. Go home, get changed. We're going out. "

That evening, Nora returned from home, in a slim black dress, office appropriate both in that it didn't reveal anything of her beautiful young breasts and stayed put around knee-length. Finally it struck me who she reminded me of, Kim Novak. Maybe a bit fuller around her hips, but her face was like Kim's in Vertigo.

We sat at a long table, James, Nora and I at one end so that I could continue to praise them both. We shared stories about the case, Nora listened attentively but didn't say much. Halfway through dinner, I felt her foot rub against my leg. It didn't seem intentional, but the look we shared as she apologized, was clear as to the intention. As the night neared its end, everyone had left apart from Nora and I. I had hoped to talk to her about her future with the firm, her internship running out with the new semester starting in two weeks. In the elevator, I finally got up the courage and said, "Have you give any further thought to what you'd like to do during the school year? Job-wise, I mean. We'd love to keep you on. Of course with a pay raise for the gal that won the case for us."

She turned to face me. "Actually, I'm going to have to quit." I certainly did not expect that. What happened, did I make her uncomfortable, did I misread the signals, were they meant for someone else? "Um, if it's because of the money or the title, as I said, I'm sure we could work something out. As for hours, you tell me, of course your studies come first."

She looked straight at me, smiling slightly, "No, it's absolutely not a question of the money or the title or the hours. If I kept working for you, I wouldn't be allowed to do this." She reached up and kissed me. Not a peck, or anything sweet or innocent, this was a kiss. Heck, my wife never even kissed me like this. Her soft lips parted and her sweet tongue coaxed my lips open. She had laid one hand on my shoulder, while the other reached around my neck to hold me close. I raised my own hands to wrap around her waist. God, she felt wonderful. Soft, warm, and she smelled great. She rose to her toes to reach higher up. Despite the fact that she was a good 5'7", and was wearing heels, I was still taller. What felt like a good five minutes must have been only a few seconds. The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened. We both released our grip on each other, she straightened up and said, "You see, I cannot possibly work for you now. Goodbye, Hugh." She turned and sashayed up the street and around the corner. She was out of sight just like that. She was gone. I hadn't even properly processed what just happened and now she was gone. I took a cab back to my office, I needed to think and that was always the best place for it.

Back at the office, I took out Nora's personnel file. She was 26. We actually missed her birthday by a few weeks. She never even mentioned it. She was single, no next of kin listed, her university advisor was listed as an emergency contact. She really didn't have any one else, I wondered. She had been attending law school for a while, taking only a few classes at a time, to be able to make money for rent. She lived only a few blocks from here, near the park where I had first seen her. Without thinking about it, I touched my lips and face where her lips and hand had touched them. I felt 17 again. Totally unprepared, no clue what to do next. But I wasn't going to let this be it. I was 55, divorced, no strings attached, except to this firm, which she already said she wouldn't work for anymore. What would stop me from going over there? She wasn't my employee anymore, but she still might reject me. My better judgment would have slept on it for a night, but I wasn't going to wait for that thought to fester. I got into my car, I was a man on a mission and drove to her apartment, a five story brownstone in a decidedly odd neighborhood. Her name wasn't listed on any of the buzzers, so I walked back out front to see if I could catch her in a window. A flash of white fluttered in a window below street level. Then another. And another. Finally the sounds of "Nights in White Satin" reached my ears. I bent over to look inside the windows, and saw Nora slowly dancing to her music, wearing a short white satin robe. Her hair loosely falling about her shoulders. Her bare legs and feet toeing the edge of the carpet. I had guessed correctly, her hair really was shoulder length, but I looked nicer unrestrained.

I got up all my courage and walked down the iron steps to her door as quietly as possible. I didn't want to interrupt her. I took a seat on the stairs and watched her through the windows. I know it must have seemed almost sinister to most passersby, but I just couldn't get up to knock. The view was too nice and I hadn't figured out yet what I was going to say to her. She turned around as the song came to an end to hit play again, when she spied me in the window. Her face softened and she walked to the door. Not pausing to put on shoes or something to cover her, she stepped out into the cramped space in front of her door. Her bare feet were in stark contrast to the black metal stairs as she toed up the steps towards me. About two steps away from me, she leant forward, nearly letting herself fall forwards. Her hands reached for my shoulders, pressing them backwards against the steps. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her close towards me. There were her lips again, eagerly reaching for mine. Her tongue coaxing mine. My senses were getting as numb as my back against the iron stairs, but I didn't care. I had her in my arms again, and especially in this perched state, it just seemed like she belonged there.