Summer's Eve Pt. 02

Story Info
Filled with regret Helena meets with Jack in the forest.
10.6k words
4.09
34.5k
55

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gadolfsson
Gadolfsson
161 Followers

There will probably be two or three more chapters. This one came about quickly, but I can't guarantee that the others will.

I appreciate comments and feedback. It helps me a lot in finding motivation.

*****

Helena did not get much rest that night. Sleep came quickly - almost as soon as her cheek had touched the pillow -, but when it came it was anything but calm. Strange dreams danced through her brain, almost as if she had a fever. There were three things tying them together, though; water, heat and black skin. They made her twist and turn throughout the night.

Then she woke up.

Her eyes flew open and she stared at the opposite wall and the wardrobe. Early sunlight was seeping in through the window next to the bed together with a fresh gush of air. Some unseen bird was sitting in the birch tree growing just outside, welcoming the new day with its chirping.

It was morning.

Helena immediately shot up in bed. Lars grunted something besides her, turned to the wall and continued sleeping. Helena exhaled in relief. Winced. Her arms and legs were hurting even from the action of sitting up. She must have really strained herself swimming in that damn lake. In the silence only broken by birdsong and her husband's calm breathing Helena tried to remember what had happened last night. The images were vivid. Even clearer and definitively more colourful than the shadowy white room that she had found herself in.

Had it happened for real?

Naked Helena slid out of bed, ignoring the pain in her body. The pain was certainly real. But Jack, that patch of prickly grass and the reeds all around - was it? Her hair was a tangled mess and her muscles ached, but Helena felt completely awake. How early was it? She found her phone on the nightstand and stared at the display. 05.55. Early morning. Helena had no idea when she had come home last night. It had felt like in the middle of the night, but now she was herself surprised over how completely not-tired she was. The bikini top and bottom were still hanging from the bed frame, the blouse and skirt were on the floor. Helena dug through the wardrobe and found a pair of modest white panties and a bathrobe. The barely used towel she had thrown on the floor, but now she picked it up, put on the robe and sneaked as quietly as possible out of the room.

The cottage was not very large, but it has more than enough room for the six of them. Lars' parents were sleeping in a small bedroom, leaving the big one to him and Helena. Erik and Alexander occupied the couch futon. It was large and gave them both plenty of space, and during the morning they could watch the TV without leaving their bed. But for now they - and everyone else - were asleep, and for that Helena was grateful. She closed the door to the bedroom behind her and sneaked through the corridor to the bathroom. The floorboards creaked treacherously beneath her bare feet, but it was too early for anyone to stir. Helena made her way inside the bathroom and locked the door. Only then she allowed herself to breathe out.

It took some time for the water in the shower to get hot, and she spent what felt like minutes freezing in the corner of the stall with arms wrapped around herself. When the shower gods finally obliged she nearly scalded herself beneath the hot stream from the plastic head. Helena gasped as the water rushed down her body and immediately turned the valve to lower the temperature, but she did not step out of it. The heat - albeit very uncomfortable - was welcome. She has not showered after the lake - doing so had not even crossed her mind - but now she got to the task with vigour. Rubbing and scrubbing herself she worked the heat into the aching muscles, and cleaned away the lake water and dirt. And Jack's sweat. His scent. Helena's heart jumped as she remembered. She instinctively brought her hand between her legs. God, she felt so sore. So incredibly stretched out after that giant black cock. Helena forced her fingers inside and bit her lip to stifle any inappropriate sounds. Her pussy responded with a mixture of pleasure and discomfort when she explored, jamming index and middle finger deeper. Her insides were warm and somewhat wet, but Helena did not find any semen. Maybe she had managed to get it all out in the lake. She sighed loudly in relief, but a few moment later - when the water was not as hot - she spread her legs and directed the showerhead stream straight up her pussy. Once more she had to bite her lip to avoid making too many sounds.

When done Helena washed her hair. As soon as she had washed the shampoo from her blond hair she got out of the stall and dried off with a towel. For a while she considered using the hairblower, but figured that it would be too loud this early in the morning. The last thing she wanted was to wake anyone up. Towel would have to do instead.

It had been real after all. There was no longer any shadow of doubt in her mind when she pulled on the fresh pair of panties. Yesterday evening had happened. For the first and only time in her entire thirty-four year long life Helena had cheated. Not with a male friend, a neighbour or even a co-worker. Of all people she had given herself to a complete and utter stranger at the shore of some shitty lake. Jack was a man she had never seen before and did not know at all. For all she knew everything he had told her could be a complete lie. And yet she had let him fuck her senseless, even shoot his sperm straight into her unprotected body. The thought made her shiver from fear, but also excitement. It disturbed her something immense. Helena had never considered herself a racist, or someone that even held views that could be counted as such. People were people and she herself had a couple of coloured friends. But the fact that it had been a black man to take her made everything so much stranger and taboo. Her cheeks were already burning, and now shame over her own blatant racism added to the red. What difference did it make that Jack was black? It was cheating no matter what colour he was. It was the cheating aspect of this whole affair she had to concentrate on, not the fact that her mistake had been black.

After putting on the bathrobe Helena sneaked her way back to the bedroom. As quietly as she could she opened the door and peeked at the bed. Lars was still sleeping, back turned towards her. Helena closed the door behind her and made her way over to the window. The garden outside looked even greener than yesterday, and the grass was glistening with morning dew. It must have rained during the night. There were a few clouds in the sky, but that was also it; the sun was rising without opposition. Early morning. Helena remembered what Jack had told her yesterday, and those words sounded as clearly in her head as if he had whispered them into her ear at this very moment. Her skin and hair were still damp and the air coming in through the open window was cool, almost chilly. Helena's fingers tightly gripped the window frame. The only logical, right and just thing to do was to ignore what Jack had said to her. Just forget it and pretend like that conversation - or anything else for that matter - had ever happened. She had already done the unspeakable, and even considering to follow up on it was treachery of the highest order. Yet Helena hesitated, heart and stomach fluttering. The logical part of the brain was screaming to her to back off and go to bed again - hug her husband and let everything go. Helena would have to make up for her sin by being a better person, because never, EVER would she breathe about yesterday evening to anyone for as long as she lived. That would be the reasonable thing to do.

But a certain loud and very pushy part of Helena's mind was not reasonable.

She glanced at her sleeping husband. Lars' naked back was slowly rising and falling. He had stopped snoring and his breath was calm and quiet. It was still early in the morning, and hopefully he would be asleep for a couple of more hours. For once Helena was grateful for the fact that he liked sleeping so much. Right now she could not stand the thought of having to explain to him where she had been and where she was going. This was for the better. Helena let go of the window frame and opened the wardrobe. There, under a layer of other clothes she found the garbs she used for workouts. When she held it up before her she involuntarily winced. God, why did they look so revealing all of a sudden? The black shorts with white strips along the sides were tight and form-fitting. Almost like a second skin. The grey tank-top was not much better. Once more Helena glanced at her husband. Still sleeping, thank god. There was a wicked cocktail of emotions boiling inside of her. Just looking at the clothes made her want to throw them deep into the wardrobe and return to bed.

She would not go for a run with Jack. No. He was probably not even going for a run this early in the morning. Or maybe his early was later than hers? Helena shook her head. No, she would go and take a look. If she met up with Jack she would just tell him that yesterday had been a mistake. Then she would go back home. Yes, that was what she was going to do. Helena looked down at the clothes she held in her hand and bit her lip. Alright.

A minute or two later she was dressed. She inspected herself with a mix of disgust and satisfaction. Her legs were long, smooth and bare. A pair of white, almost completely new shoes adorned her feet. The workout bra felt tight under the tank-top, making Helena try and adjust it. The breasts felt sore to touch. She looked at herself in the wardrobe mirror. A woman with damp blonde hair tied into a ponytail stared back at her. The blue eyes were big and anxious, the lips pressed together into a thin line. Helena raised her right leg and balanced on the left as she bent the knee a couple of times. The muscles ached, but less so than before. But then again, she was not about to go running. Meet with Jack (if he really was going out) and tell him that everything was a mistake and that they were done with each other. Then go home and prepare some breakfast. Yes.

"Where are you going?"

For a split second Helena thought that her heart would break through her ribcage. She twisted around and stared at Lars who was slowly sitting up in bed. He was looking at her with squinting but vigilant eyes.

"Did I wake you up?" Helena muttered, trying to pretend that she had not just suffered a minor heart-attack.

"Yes." he rocked his head back and forth and then shook it. "Almost. I was starting to wake up anyway."

"I'm so sorry." she was legitimately remorseful. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's alright." Lars looked at his watch and then back at her. "It's like quarter past six in the morning. What are you doing up?"

"I... I couldn't sleep." that was actually a truthful answer on her part. "Woke up, thought I would take a shower."

"Are you going out running? This early?"

"Its nice weather." she mumbled. "I want to go for a run."

"This early?" he repeated. "You never do that."

"It's better than laying around in bed. The early bird catches the worm you know."

Lars sniggered and rubbed his face. "So what happened yesterday?"

Helena swallowed a lump in her throat. She had never liked lying, but telling the truth now... no, she just couldn't.

"I'm sorry I kept you worried." she started out with trying to soothe him in case he was still annoyed. "I swam for... I don't know, half an hour. After I went wandering around and got onto one of the trekking trails in the forest. Time just flew away, I guess."

"Didn't you have flip-flops with you?" he asked. "You went into the forest in those?"

"It went surprisingly well."

It was a big lie. All of it was a big lie. Helena held her breath staring at her husband. Did he suspect something? Was that doubt in his eyes? She trembled before his gaze. Lars slowly shook his head and looked out through the window.

"Alright then." he said. "When will you be back?"

"I won't take long." she quickly - maybe even too quickly - replied. "I'm a bit sore from yesterday, so I won't be running too much. I'll be back for breakfast, probably even earlier."

Sore. Why had she put it that way? Helena silently cursed herself, but Lars only nodded. Reached out with his arm towards her.

"Come here."

Helena came up to the bed and leaned in, allowing his arm to wrap around her shoulders. The kiss they shared was light and fresh. Loving. It made her want to just forget all about what had happened and get into bed with Lars. Love him, kiss him, make up for what she had done to him. Their lips soon parted, but Helena remained standing.

"See you at breakfast." Lars said.

"You too." she said quietly. "I won't take long."

It really had been raining. The morning was fresh, the grass and trees wet and glistening in the early sunlight. For once the weather was beautiful. Helena walked out through the fence gate and out to the simple road that went through the small cottage settlement. Stretched her limbs and ignored the ache within them, started walking. Most people seemed to be asleep. Despite feeling stupid Helena headed for cottage No 6, but made sure to stay on the opposite side of the road. The long dirt driveway was full with cars, and a few were standing outside of the wooden fence at the roadside. Helena glanced at the cottage and the garden around it. Peaceful. Just as Jack had said there were a couple of tents scattered around the grounds. A large table, still filled with empty bottles and dirty plates stood under a big awning on the veranda. Helena felt like a peeper. She averted her eyes and focused on the road instead. Walked past the cottage and reached the next one. Stopped. Sighed and bit her lip. Maybe Jack had already left and she had missed him? Or perhaps he was not even up yet. And maybe (the thought made her both angry and cold inside) just maybe he had no intentions on going for a jog at all.

Helena walked back and passed by the cottage again. Still nothing. Paused, turned and walked back up the road. Nothing yet again. The realization how it must look from the side made her grimace. She was like a cat wandering back and forth on the front porch, waiting to be let inside. Helena was humiliating herself with every moment she lingered. She steeled herself and set course for her in-law's cottage with quick, determined steps. She would not stand for this any longer. Lars could think whatever he wanted about her coming home so early.

"Hi."

Helena spun around on the spot, eyes wide and staring. Seemingly from out of nowhere Jack had appeared behind her at the driveway. A tank-top was clinging on to his powerful upper body, leaving his arms bare for the world - and her - to see. He wore grey sweatpants, a pair of well-worn running shoes and nothing more. Helena forced herself to appear casual before his inquisitive but friendly eyes.

"Hello." she mumbled, cleared her throat and then straightened out. Said, now with more clarity and confidence in her voice: "Good morning."

Helena still knew that she had failed on the first impression by mumbling like some stupid adolescent girl. She remained where she stood while Jack took a few steps closer. His approach made her heart beat faster.

"Good morning." a light smile appeared on those thick lips of his. "Slept well?"

"Well enough."

"Me too. So -" he flexed his magnificent shoulders, making the muscles move beneath the ebony black skin. "Ready to do some running?"

"About that..." Helena stopped herself and swallowed down the words. "I don't know, maybe we shouldn't be talking about it here."

"Good point." Jack agreed and nodded in the direction of the small small field separating the road and cottages from the forest and the path leading to the lake. "Run?"

'I'm sore all over, and it is your fault'. That was what she wanted to say to him. She also wanted to say 'No, I'm not going running with you. What happened yesterday will never happen again. Thank you and goodbye'. Neither of these phrases came out of her mouth. Helena hesitated and was then herself surprised by the nod her head made. Jack stopped stretching his shoulders and set off in a light jog across the field. Helena - like the stupid girl she was - followed after him. The long grass was lightly brushing against her calves. Jogging was unpleasant - the soreness had not gone away - but it was tolerable. At least it was not as bad as it had been before her shower. Jack ran in front of her, muscles in back and arms playing as he moved. Helena stared at them while they crossed the field, and even when she looked down at her own moving feet she could not shake the image of him out of her mind. Soon the grass was replaced with the dirt of the forest path, and the clear sky was obscured by canopies filled with chirping birds.

"Which way?" Jack stopped at a crossroad. The path leading forward led directly to the lake, the other two turned to the left and right respectively. There were plenty of wandering and trekking paths in the area, and Helena had more than once gone for a run on them.

"Look." she remembered to stop at a distance from Jack. "We got to talk."

"Do you want to take it here or later?"

"Ehm... here." Helena forced herself to meet his eyes. God, his eyes. They were so dark. Black. No humans have naturally black eyes, but somehow Jack managed to have just that.

"Alright." he looked down at her and nodded. "I'm listening."

Helena had barely been able to believe that she had got this far. Now she found herself at a loss of words. Her mind raced to gather up all the arguments she had thought up and prepared.

"What happened yesterday..." the throat immediately went dry. "It was... It was..."

"A mistake?"

Helena quickly nodded.

"A mistake."

Jack's expression confused her, even worried her. There were no traces of anger, sadness or regret on it. Just a light, if maybe a bit sorrowful smile.

"I'm not blaming you for anything." Helena was quick to clarify. "It was my own mistake. Turns out that I'm a weak person. I would really, REALLY appreciate if what happened yesterday stays between us."

She still expected him to react in a sour way, but Jack just nodded.

"Sure." he said. "I can't say I didn't like what happened, but... I understand. Nothing happened."

"Thank you." she said sincerely. "Really."

"Don't sweat it."

Jack smiled at her. From a pocket on his sweatpants he produced his phone and a pair of earbuds with long wires. Music started blaring from them when he clicked on the screen. The sound was muffled when he put the earbuds in his ears.

"You take care now, alright?"

He flashed her another smile, turned and broke into a light run, heading down the path to the left. Helena was left to stand alone to stand at the crossroad, watching his athletic figure disappear and hear his shoes beat against the dirt. This had been surprisingly easy. No pouting, no breaking out in tears and no arguing. Jack had behaved so much more maturely than she had, both today and yesterday. The ease with which he had brushed it all off and went on with his life was admirable. Helena stared at him with mouth half-open. No, wait. He had brushed everything off, just like that. Brushed her off. As easily as by snapping his fingers. Helena's chest swelled as she took a deep breath. Had yesterday meant so little? Had Jack even considered it a fling or a one-night stand? Just a random fuck with a random woman?

Helena's mind and body were gushing with conflicting emotions and thoughts. Sanity screamed and cursed at her, begged her to turn and go back to the cottage. But it was not sanity or reason that ruled her now, not when she started running. Yes, she ran. Long strides and arms swinging. The collision of shoes with the forest path replicated throughout her joints and bones and finally to her head. Muscles hurt but she did not care. She caught up with Jack before he had even come to the first turn in the road.

Gadolfsson
Gadolfsson
161 Followers