Summer's Eve Pt. 04

Story Info
Helena's world is turned upside down once more.
16.2k words
3.98
36.3k
42

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gadolfsson
Gadolfsson
161 Followers

After posting Part 3 I realized that I had been using some words in the wrong way, thinking that they meant something else. 'Flustered' is an example, and I believed it was a synonym of 'flushed' or 'blushed'. I apologize for that and will make sure to correct it in further writing. English is not my first language and I have only picked it up recently. Also I was reading through previous episodes and noticed that on a few occasions I managed to switch out Jack's name for another. Sorry for that, my mind just inserts other character names from other stories even when I'm editing.

I have been low on energy and inspiration due to recent real life events, and that's the reason why this episode has taken some time to produce. Still, I hope you enjoy it, and I promise that I will finish the series. A few disclaimers might, however, be in order. If this is the first episode of this series you are reading you should seriously consider reading the first chapter before this one. This story happens to have some plot. I also feel like I need to warn some people - this is not a tale for everyone, as it contains interracial infidelity and people acting somewhat stupid due to lust, desire and human nature. If you do not like that kind of erotica don't read it, but if you have constructive criticism (or positive feedback) - please, post in a comment below.

With that said I hope you enjoy this next episode. It contains quite some smut of both interracial and non-interracial variety.

_________________

As a modern person in modern society it is very easy to take thing for granted. The electricity that powers your house, computer and phone, the car which allows you to travel pretty much anywhere you need and supermarkets that allow you to buy almost anything are but a few examples. You quickly grow used to it and take all the miracles of civilization for granted. But right now, as Helena was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, she felt really grateful that she was living in modern times and not a hundred years ago. She looked down at the small, white, anonymous pill in her palm. There it was - her salvation and rescue from this stupid situation she had put herself into. Helena took it into her mouth and swallowed. It did not taste anything in particular. She drank the glass of water she had prepared anyway. Gone and done.

Helena put the empty glass onto the side of the sink and looked at herself in the mirror, and brushed away some hair which had fallen down over her forehead and eyes. She was already feeling much better. The pill was on its way down into her stomach, ready to do its magic and prevent any accidents from happening. She had done her math, and was pretty damn sure that this was not the her fertile time of the month, but she still felt immense relief. Helena closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

The bathroom door opened, startling her for a split second before she realized that she had forgot to lock it.

"Oh, sorry." it was Lars' voice. "Didn't know you were here."

"It's okay." Helena said, looking at him over her shoulder. "I'm decent."

"How disappointing."

He closed the door and locked it, then came up behind Helena and looked at their reflections in the mirror.

"How are you?" he asked. "Everything well?"

"You could say that." she replied, holding up the box the pill had come in. "Thanks."

"No problem."

Helena smiled when his hands landed on her hips. She liked their touch through the light fabric of her dress.

"You are great, you know that?"

"Of course I am. I'm glad that you acknowledge my greatness." he answered, and his mirror image winked. "But you are even better."

"Hey, behave yourself!"

His hands had moved in under her dress and had found her panty-clad ass. Helena did not stop her husband, however, and instead gave him a curious look in the mirror.

"You weren't exactly behaving last night." Lars said casually. "Were you?"

"Maybe not." she admitted. "But I was discrete."

"I don't know about that." he mused. "You were a bit loud at a few points."

"No." now Helena felt legitimately worried. "Was I really? You think someone heard us?"

"Maybe."

"Damn it..."

He chuckled and kissed her on the neck, and his fingers gave her butt a playful squeeze. "Don't worry. It was in the middle of the night, I doubt anyone heard a thing."

"Are you sure about that? I would hate myself if we woke someone up."

"I doubt we did, and if so then no one has complained."

"I don't even want to think about it."

Helena sighed. Lars slowly shook his head.

"Are you really worried about it?"

"A little. I mean - it's pretty impolite, don't you think?"

Lars chuckled. "If anyone heard anything, I think they will find a way to survive your impoliteness."

He hugged her from behind and locked his hands just below her breasts. Helena leaned her head back against his shoulder. They would have to go out and join the others for dinner soon, but she enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

"Honey." he said thoughtfully. "I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Was there any special reason for tonight?"

Helena swallowed and pretended to be calm, but she already knew that the conversation was heading in a direction she did not like at all. She quickly gathered herself and decided to go on the offensive instead. Meet the questions head on, just like she had planned it in her head earlier.

"You mean why we didn't use condom?"

"That. But I also want to know how you feel in general. Are you still feeling sick?"

"I have just had a lot of things on my mind." Helena said, looking down at the box in her hands. "I got some mails from the office. Problems, some stuff to deal with when I get back to work. That kind of stuff. And yes, I felt a bit sick yesterday. It got better in the evening though. And then..." she shrugged and allowed a somewhat mischievous smile appear on her lips. "I got a little bit... horny."

"I'm not complaining about the last part."

"I know. I know we should have used condom but I... I don't know. I just didn't. But you know what?" she turned around and faced him. "I don't regret it. It was wonderful. It was worth having to take a pill. Let's just hope that the hormones won't make my body go crazy."

Lars nodded and kissed her.

"Come on." he gave her a gentle nudge. "Dinner's almost ready, let's not keep the others waiting. If you are worried about us being suspicious we probably should not spend too much time locked inside the bathroom anyway."

****

It was too good of a day to let go to waste. The sun was shining bright and hot from a cloudless sky and a gentle breeze was rustling through the forest treetops and canopies. Sadly enough Sweden was not blessed with stable, warm and sunny summers, and its people had to make sure to catch those precious few days of good weather whenever they appeared.

"Don't jump into the water before we get to the beach!" Helena called to her sons as they rushed ahead along the forest path. "You wait, okay?"

"We know how to swim." Erik halted himself for a moment, turning around. "Don't worry."

Helena, however, was insistent.

"Just take it easy, you hear me?"

"Alright, I promise."

Erik and Alexander set away down the path again. Their bare soles had long since hardened and they could practically run at full speed down the earthy path without hurting themselves. Helena, on the other hand, had no choice but to stick to her flip-flops.

"They are a lot like you."

Helena looked at Lars who was walking beside her.

"In what way?"

"Obsessed with swimming."

"THEY are obsessed." she parried. "I'm not. I just enjoy it."

"I tell you, they got that from you."

Helena looked down the road again. The two boys had already rounded a curve and disappeared out of sight.

"I was never that crazy about it." she said with a smile. "I would most certainly not run barefoot through a forest to throw myself in some lake."

"You were crazy enough to go yourself two days ago."

"That is true, but in my defence I calmly walked and didn't run like a madman."

Lars gave her an amused look and adjusted the strap of the beach bag he carried from his shoulder. His mother had supplied them with towels, a picnic blanket, a bag with cinnamon buns, glasses and a big can of strawberry juice in case they would get hungry on the beach. Helena doubted that they would face starvation during this little expedition, but she did find the idea of enjoying some freshly baked buns and cool drink in the warm sun appealing. It reminded her of her own childhood summers. Helena had already put on her bikini and was wearing the flowery dress on top of it while Lars was wearing swim trunks and a t-shirt. Even though they were not yet sure they wanted to swim they both agreed that it was better to come prepared in case the water proved alluring and warm enough for a dip.

Helena felt good. Not great but good. In control. There was some semblance of order in her thoughts, and, unlike yesterday, the surrounding world was not just a colourless, featureless mist. That was not to say that the events of the last few days had left her alone, of course not. The memory and guilt of those events would remain with her for years to come, probably until her death. There would be no escaping them. Helena filled her lungs with forest air and looked up at the sky through the green canopies. Before they had set off towards the lake she had discreetly inspected the cottage that Jack had been staying at. Many of the cars that had been parked on its driveway and road outside were missing. With the party over he must have left together with everybody else. The discovery had left conflicting feelings inside of her. Relief, but also anger. The fury she had felt as she walked home alone through the night had not left her and was still inside. But Helena was happy that he had left - it had made her life so much easier.

It was good to be back on track.

"I was thinking about maybe going to a restaurant in town tonight." Lars said. "What do you think?"

Helena lowered her eyes from the sky and looked to him. "Do you have anything specific in mind?"

"No. But it could be fun. Truth be told I am getting tired of the Midsummer food. I like it, but eating it several days in a row is really tiring."

"I know what you mean." Helena nodded. "But are there any good restaurants in town? Last time we tried something there it was nothing special."

"I saw an Italian place when I was shopping today. We could try it."

"You know the joke about women always being indecisive when it comes to eating out in town, and always turn down the man's propositions?" Helena made a little grimace. "I think I'm the kind of woman today. I don't feel like Italian."

"It is just a suggestion. We should ask the kids too what they want."

"Yes. Or we could always just... barbeque in the garden. There is plenty of meat in the fridge and fresh potatoes in the cellar."

"That could work too. At least that would be a change of pace. As I said, I am getting really tired of the herring."

The trees ended and they reached the lake. The shimmer of the water was bright and blinding. Helena reached into the beach bag and found her sunglasses, happy that she had remembered to bring them. They approached the beach where Erik and Alexander were already impatiently waiting for them. As soon as Erik spotted them he raised his hands in a questioning gesture, and Helena waved her hand at him. Moments later both boys were in the water, disappearing in a cloud of splashes and excited outcries. Helena's family was, however, not alone on the beach. A group of five was there as well, occupying the tree stumps that serves as makeshift chairs in the sand. The voices coming from the strangers were light-hearted, and judging by the picnic basket and the beer bottles they held they were enjoying themselves.

Helena froze in her tracks.

No.

"Helena?"

Lars' voice broke through to her and she immediately regained her composure. She smoothed out a wrinkle in her dress' skirt and continued onwards without saying anything. But inside she was boiling.

There was a very, very familiar figure sitting on one of those wooden stumps. Helena's heart jumped violently in her chest, unleashing a mix of... emotions. Yes, emotions, that was all they were - she was not sure if they were fury, excitement or terror. Through the dark lenses of her glasses Helena stared at the man. For a couple of moments she hoped that she had been wrong, but that wish was shattered soon enough She could only see the black skin of his neck and muscular back, but there was no mistaking it who it was after he briefly turned his head to look at the girl next to him.

Jack.

Fuck.

Fucking goddamn hell.

Now this was bad. Amidst the shock and the flood of emotions rushing through her Helena had some trouble remaining calm. She diverted her eyes and silently followed her husband onto the sand. The boys were already wrestling in the water, and Helena remembered to call to them to be more careful. Lars laid out the blanket on the sand and sat down. It took a second or two for Helena's brain to process this information, and only then did she sit down beside him. Her eyes were locked on the glittering water.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm alright." she said, doing her utmost to sound natural. Thankfully the sunglasses were large and covered her eyes completely, hiding the baffled chaos that would surely be visible in them. "Just looking at the water. Can I get my phone?"

She dug out the phone from the beach bag and focused on it. There was nothing in particular she wanted to check, not texts nor her mail. She just needed something to divert her attention to, just so that she would not stare like a crazy-person into thin air. There were some texts from her friends, but Helena barely read them and did not bother reply to them. If she tried they would probably be strings of incoherent words and emoticons anyway.

Fuck. Her eyes involuntarily darted to the side, and from the very limits of her peripheral vision she glimpsed the group on the other side of the beach. They were still sitting there, still drinking beer and still talking to each other and having a good time. Jack, that fucking bastard Jack - he was still among them. Helena really did not want to stay here anymore. The lake was no longer appealing, the sun was just annoying and she generally despised the outlook on having to spend at least an hour here, just a pesky dozen metres away from a man the existence of who she did not even want to acknowledge anymore. Helena forced her attention to her phone again. She wanted to leave, but that was, of course, impossible. It would be just too strange if she suddenly demanded to go, even though they had just arrived. She would not have the others suffer because of her. Helena's head had exploded into a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. Dwarfing them was one single, very important question. Alright, two questions:

One - What in all hell was Jack doing here?

Two - If he really was here, why did he not show up yesterday?

Helena had no answers, and that only made her angrier. What made her furious was that she could not - and should not, for that matter - confront him about it. Even if she and Jack had been here alone she would have to just turn in another direction and leave, leaving no opportunity for him to speak to her or even come close.

The only proper way of conduct was to cut him out completely of her life, less he would ruin it further with his sheer existence. Helena had managed to cut the ropes during the night. She had closed this embarrassing chapter of her life. She would suffer its consequences, sure, but it was still finished and done with. But Jack, just like the asshole he was, could of course not leave her to lick her psychological wounds in peace. No, he just had to be on the fucking beach at the same time as she.

Helena ever so slightly turned her head to the side and did the same with the phone, just in that way you do to try to get rid of the sunlight hitting your display. She even shielded the screen with her hand, but her eyes were anywhere but on the internet page she had just opened up. Instead they moved to Jack. Once more she was thankful that the glasses hid her eyes, making it impossible for anyone else to know what she was looking at. Jack was sitting in the same place as before, and as far as the brief glance at him could tell he was not looking back at Helena. He was drinking from his bottle. Smiled, but only briefly. Said something and smiled again. Helena turned away once more, and instead focused on the kids playing in the water. They were not wrestling anymore, and instead swimming in the deeper water back and forth along the beach. Helena was not too worried about them - she knew that they were good at swimming - and if something happened it would only take moments for her or Lars to help out. She looked down at her phone again.

"Are you really going to send your time texting?"

"Just checking my email." Helena said to her husband, eyes still locked at the screen. "I will be done soon."

"Anything work related?"

"Just spam."

He nodded. "I think I will go and try out the water. I guess you stay and guard our stuff then."

"Sure." Helena muttered. Then she straightened out, looked at Lars and nodded so that it would seem that she was more engaged in the conversation. "You can count on me."

He dropped the t-shirt and sunscreen cap and was ready to go. Helena watched him wade out into the water and then, when it reached him to the upper thighs, threw himself into it with a splash, much to the delight of Erik and Alexander. Helena stared on the trio, feeling cold inside. Now she was completely alone. That was the last thing she wanted to be at this time. Quick glance on Jack with her peripheral vision. Had he been looking at her, or had she just imagined things? Now he was talking to the girl next to him again. Helena stared at them both in silence. The woman was young, in her early twenties. A redhead, with freckles, her pale skin glistening with freshly applied sun lotion. She laughed about something and playfully pushed a tender hand against Jack's shoulder.

Fuck.

Helena cursed that strange feeling in her stomach and forced herself to look away once more. No, it could not be jealousy she was feeling. It just couldn't be that. But even when she tried to shake it off it still remained. It was probably anger she felt, and in this volatile mix of emotions inside of her she mistook it for something else. It was probably that, and it was not like Helena wasn't angry. It was not enough that Jack had just discarded her like a tissue during the night, but he had not even gone home. He had probably - no, certainly - spent the night fucking that redhead, not even thinking about what he had promised to Helena in the morning. After glancing at him and the young woman again Helena became sure of it. The way the girl brushed against him, how she looked at his face and how she laughed - there was no mistaking it. Soon enough Jack would discard her like a used tissue as well. Helena glared angrily at them both through her glasses and then returned to her phone. So much for feeling good. Helena's day was now irreparably ruined. There was no joy left in it, and neither the good weather or the chance to spend some quality time with her family could save it. The only thing left to do was to put on a mask of indifference and pretend like there was not a single worry in the world. She had to. She owed that to herself and her family.

It proved rather hard. Pretending to be happy when you are feeling the exact opposite is never easy. Helena watched her husband and two sons play in the water and tried to focus herself on them. Lars was a good father, and he had plenty of energy to keep up with Erik and Alexander. He was raising them up in the air and throwing them into the water, and they splashed down into it with happy cries and laughter. At least they were enjoying themselves. Helena was happy for them. She put her phone down into the bag and closed her eyes behind the glasses. Took deep calming breaths and attempted to clear her mind. Meditation. Mindfulness and Zen and all those eastern slices of wisdom and self-control. Truth be told she had never been much for it, and her attempts did not help the slightest. Jack's sheer presence caused serious disturbance in her world.

Gadolfsson
Gadolfsson
161 Followers