Surefoot 03: Field Trip Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Commander Arrington looked like he's been physically struck. He didn't really recover until T'Varik finally stepped forward and escorted him and Cadet Eismann to the Superintendent's office, where his bluster had resurfaced. "She publicly insulted a superior commissioned officer! I demand that you expel the insubordinate little bitch immediately!"

The Superintendent, an older, pale-skinned human with swept-back snow-white hair and a soft, lined face, sat behind her desk and narrowed her steely gaze at Arrington. "Commander, never demand anything of me, and *never* use that term about any woman in my presence again."

Nearby, Cadet Eismann remained fully at attention, with T'Varik beside her, addressing the Superintendent. "I should remind the Commander that he gave the cadet permission to speak freely."

He scowled at her. "That doesn't give her the right to tell me to kiss her furry ass, whatever the hell *that* means!"

"In point of fact, it literally does give her that right."

The Superintendent looked at Eismann now. "'Furry ass', Cadet?"

"Yes, Ma'am," the girl replied formally, still at attention. "I was quoting a favourite expression of my stepfather; as you can imagine, being Caitian, his ass was quite furry."

"Of course," the Superintendent agreed, trying to keep a straight face.

"I should clarify, Ma'am, that my ass is *not* furry - however, I want it understood that the invitation I gave Commander Arrington to kiss it still stands."

Arrington's face reddened even further. "You see? That bi- that girl doesn't deserve to be here!"

"There are fifty-three authors of letters of recommendation on her file that say differently," T'Varik informed him coolly. "Including five admirals, nine Captains, eighteen senior officers-"

"If my father was still Superintendent here-"

"Commander Arrington," the present Superintendent spoke up, her voice remaining calm - and very, very cold. "I haven't given *you* permission to speak freely. Bear that in mind if you wish to continue your present train of thought."

Arrington stiffened, but seemed to visibly regain control of himself as he continued. "Ma'am, be advised that I will be making an official complaint about Cadet Eismann's behaviour today."

"If you do," T'Varik countered, before her superior officer did. "So shall I, regarding your own actions."

Arrington faced the Vulcan. "Mine? What have *I *done?"

She faced him, standing between him and the cadet. "You entered Starfleet Academy grounds without prior authorisation from this office. You interrupted a class in session. You engaged in a conversation with an underage cadet without obtaining prior clearance. You revealed confidential information about her to her classmates and class instructor. You implied that she exploited her mother's death to obtain a place at the Academy. And you made veiled threats to her safety should she choose to remain." Her face tightened. "As Cadet Eismann's personal Academy Liaison, and her de facto guardian during her time here, I will not permit any of that to go unchallenged."

"Enough." The Superintendent rose from behind her desk and looked at the three of them in turn, stopping with Arrington. "Commander... you will leave these grounds, and you will not return or make any further contact with Cadet Eismann without direct permission from myself. Otherwise, you'll be kissing my ass, furry or not. Is that understood?"

Arrington almost looked ready to argue. But the man had enough intelligence to just stand at attention himself and reply, "Yes, Ma'am."

"I will also be contacting your superior and informing her of your activities here today, because I doubt very much if she has sanctioned any of them. Dismissed."

Arrington stiffened again and departed the office. The Superintendent relaxed a little now as she focused on T'Varik. "Commander, I was under the impression that Lt. Masters was Cadet Eismann's Academy Liaison. When did you take over the position?"

The Vulcan shifted in place. "Approximately 32.71 seconds ago, it seems."

The Superintendent smiled. "Good. I have a feeling she might need you in the future." Now the older woman looked at Eismann. "Is there anything you need before you return to class, Cadet?"

The girl's lips pursed. "There is, Ma'am. If I may, I would like to make an immediate amendment to my personal record."

"What sort of amendment?"

"My surname, Ma'am. 'Eismann' was my biological father's name, and the name of his parents, who raised me on Earth after my mother died; they had been the ones who convinced me to use it when I applied, to avoid any potential confrontations like the one that happened today.

I will always honour my birth father, and what he meant to my mother... but I never knew him. He never had the chance to be my father, the way my stepfather had been. Commander Arrington was correct about one thing: Captain Esek Hrelle shaped me, guided me, helped set me on my present course, and will continue to guide me, for the rest of my life."

She somehow straightened up even further, looking proud. "So from now on, I wish to be known on the record as Cadet Sasha Hrelle. That way, if anyone else wishes to come and express their opinion of my stepfa- my father - they'll know where to find me..."

*

Kami was laughing. "I'd have given my right boob to have been in the classroom that day."

T'Varik offered a raised eyebrow. "Your willingness to exchange mammary body parts notwithstanding, I must admit that I am... fond of the girl. It is not logical. But it is true."

Kami smiled warmly. "Well, I promise not to tell the Vulcan High Council about such an emotional admission. So what's the problem? Look the other way. Let the girl have some fun, she deserves it."

"I am not accustomed to ignoring regulations."

"These are not regulations that apply to all of us, throughout our time in Starfleet. They're regulations specifically aimed at the thousands of cadets at the Academy, typical adolescents acting as full-time students and living in the midst of a major city with so many distractions and temptations and comparatively fewer supervisors.

But the cadets in the AWE Program are not like them. They're out here in the middle of nowhere, and expected to perform like ordinary officers and crewmen, despite their lack of age and experience. It's... illogical that they can be considered adults under Federation law, that they're expected to take on the responsibilities of adults, but not allow them to have sex, or drink, or have any of the other privileges of adulthood."

"And if they cannot manage these privileges?"

"Then we offer them the guidance required to do so, as and when necessary."

T'Varik considered Kami's words, rising again. "Thank you, Counselor. I will consider it."

She left, having already might up her mind...

TO BE CONTINUED

12