Surefoot 03: Field Trip Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I recognise that those at your age are often compelled to fully experience all that adulthood has to offer, especially when the biological imperative seems overwhelming. But perhaps you might consider this: you will remain an adult for the rest of your life. You do not need to rush into such experiences, simply because you can. Especially when the experiences involve those like Mr Miro, who, frankly, is not worthy of you."

Sasha looked up at the woman, moved by her words. "Thank you."

"And, should you ever need further advice in this capacity, I will always be available."

Sasha smiled. "Thank you again, T'Varik."

"Sasha?"

Both women turned to see Hrelle and Professor Gianopoulis approach, the Captain beaming as he hugged her. "Marvellous report! Very entertaining!"

"Thanks. But it wasn't very professional."

"I've sat through too many lectures that were as dry and dusty as the digs they detailed," Gianopoulis informed her. "Yours I'll remember, and for all the good reasons."

For a moment, Sasha thought that the woman was being ingratiating in order to curry favour with her and get closer to her father - but then she kicked herself for such thoughts. She also wondered if her father and the Professor would be spending the night together onboard, and then accepted it wasn't her business. She smiled back at the older woman. "Thank you, Professor. I appreciate that." To her father she asked, "May I return to my squad, Sir? We've just learned that we can have alcohol now, and we want to get to the replicators before the other squads find out."

"I don't blame you. Go on." But as she turned to depart, he added, "Sash?"

She looked back at him.

"Your Mom would be very proud of you."

Sasha grinned and left.

Hrelle turned to T'Varik. "Excellent work on the exercise, Commander, you have my compliments. But you've been awake for over 24 hours now. You must be exhausted. Get some sleep, you don't have to stay for this."

"It has in fact been 39.86 hours, to be precise, Captain, including the preparation for the exercise beforehand. But your point is well taken. Good evening, Sir, Professor."

T'Varik left them and started for the door, when she saw Kami, standing apart, an attendant at the party without engaging in anyone unless approached. The Vulcan understood the reaction, having behaved in an identical fashion when required to attend an interminable number of official functions, but did not expect this response from the usually-gregarious Caitian, and approached. "Is there a problem, Counselor?"

The other woman was cradling a glass of dark purple wine, and dressed in her formal Starfleet uniform, her tail hanging limply behind her. "No, Commander. No problem at all."

"I observe that this is not your usual position within a party. It is rather distant from the figurative heart of it."

Kami shrugged. "But it's an ideal place to observe others, and anticipate what I might be talking about with them in counseling sessions later." She nodded to various areas. "I see Sasha and Jared have broken up while they were on the planet; I'm sure there's a good story there. Oh, and Mr Gorman is politely listening to another one of Lt. Abed's boring Starfleet Marine stories. All around, I can see jealousies and irritations and-"

"And presumably also the relationship between Captain Hrelle and Professor Gianopoulis?" T'Varik prompted.

Kami stared at the other woman. "Of course." She drank again. "Another reason to stay back. He doesn't need my scent to distract him."

"Or his scent to distract you?"

A sly smile lifted the corners of her mouth. "Who's the Counselor here?"

"If I am intruding in your personal affairs, I apologise-"

Kami shook her head. "You may not admit it, but we're friends, so you're free to say whatever you want to me. And yes, I am attracted to him. But as tempting as it would be to make it otherwise, he needs me now more as a Counselor than as a partner. And the relationship he has now with the Professor will be good for both of them."

"But it must still be difficult for you to see them together."

"I can manage it." The Counselor finished her drink, staring into the remains of her glass. "I know I don't appear it compared to yourself, but I can be quite logical in my own right."

"Yes, you can. And contrary to what you have said, I can admit that we are friends. I am in fact honoured to do so." She folded her hands behind her back. "Would you care to have a sleepover with me?"

Kami looked up at her. "Excuse me? A sleepover?"

"I believe that is the appropriate term. Following periods of extended wakefulness such as I have just undergone, I tend to experience certain... emotional disturbances, disturbances that solo meditation is ill-equipped to manage within an allotted time frame. You, however, are qualified in collaborative meditative techniques, and may assist me in, as the human expression goes, 'winding down'." She paused and added, "I also believe Caitian females enjoy sleeping with each other, for grooming and general companionship."

"Yes, we do. And it's been a while since I've enjoyed something like that."

"I also suspect that you would appreciate an excuse to be elsewhere tonight."

The Caitian grunted. "I can't argue with that. She set aside her emptied glass. "Let's go."

They departed - though not before the Vulcan noticed Kami taking a final look in the Captain's direction...

THE STORIES OF THE SUREFOOT WILL CONTINUE IN...

THE NIST SANCTION

12