Surefoot 09: Rising Star

Story Info
Double dates, double dealing, double crosses.
30.7k words
4.45
9.4k
4

Part 23 of the 103 part series

Updated 02/05/2024
Created 10/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Surefoot
Surefoot
205 Followers

USS Surefoot, Deck 4, Sickbay Recovery Room, Stardate 36448.68:

Captain Hrelle lay face down on the biobed, resting his muzzle on his crossed arms, a teal-coloured cloth draped over his rear end; a small opening in the cloth allowed a thick, furless, half-metre-long appendage to rise up and sway like a Rigelian cobra. His fingers, encased in dermal sheaths, drummed impatiently against the sides of the biobed as he looked up at his newlywed wife and asked, "Well? What do you think?"

Counselor Kami Shall - she retained her clan name to avoid confusion with the other two Hrelles onboard - regarded the newly-grown tail sprouting from the base of his spine. "Well, it's bigger than your penis."

"Mother's Cubs, that's not saying much."

"And I'm assuming it's not done growing, is it?"

"No, it's not, so forget about calling me Stubby. Dr Ling intends to double it in size and accelerate fur growth." He held up his fingers to touch his face. "The scars have been removed, and the claws are all but restored. Soon I'll look like how I did before..." He stopped himself, staring at nothing on the wall opposite him.

She frowned. "What's wrong?"

Then he smiled. "Nothing. Touch it again."

"No."

"Go on. You know you want to."

Kami rolled her eyes, but still drew closer and reached out for it, grunting as he playfully if clumsily tried to swish it out of her reach. She gently grasped it, making him gasp, and making her ask, "It doesn't hurt, does it?"

He made a curious sound. "No. It feels strange, though. Ling says it'll take a while for me to relearn motor control, so it'll act like it's got a mind of its own at first."

"That sounds familiar." She bent down in front of him and nuzzled his cheek. "Mmm, sex with you now is going to feel like it's with someone else."

"I... I don't know how to react to that."

She chuckled. "Just take advantage of my awakened nethers when you're back on your feet, you sexy bastard-"

"I appear to have arrived at a crucial juncture in your conversation," Commander T'Varik declared, as she entered the room. "Should I leave?"

"No need, Commander," Hrelle replied. "Do you want to look at my ass?"

"I beg your pardon, Sir?"

"My ass. Do you want to see it?"

"Don't feel privileged," Kami warned her, straightening up again. "He's been inviting everyone who visits him to look at it. Apparently it's good luck."

"Vulcans do not believe in superstition."

"Go on," Hrelle urged, chuckling. "How many times have you heard me tell others to kiss it?"

"At last count, Sir, 117, though that includes multiple invitations to myself-"

"So aren't you the least bit curious as to what it looks like, in all its furry glory?"

"Strangely enough, no, Sir."

"Look at my ass, T'Varik," he intoned ominously. "*Look at it*. I could make it an order."

"I believe I could successfully challenge the legitimacy of such an order in a Starfleet Board of Enquiry. However, for the sake of expediency..." She lifted up the sheet on her side of the biobed and peered beneath.

"Well?" he asked hopefully.

T'Varik dropped the sheet again. "It is everything I expected. And less. Forgive my return to official business, but Cadet Rrori has a request to make regarding a special assignment for extra credit."

"Special Assignment? Isn't that your purview?"

"Normally, yes, Sir. However, the preliminary details provided will necessitate Command approval. He is awaiting outside; may I summon him in?"

He shrugged. "Go ahead."

Seconds later, the young, handsome, snow-furred Caitian cadet strode in, standing at attention. "Sir, Cadet Rrori reporting as ordered."

"That's not quite the proper greeting, Cadet," Hrelle teased.

The young man bristled, steeling himself for the unavoidable. "Sir... Cadet Meow Rrori reporting as ordered."

"At ease, Cadet. Do you want to look at my ass?"

"Oh, yes, please, Sir. I could do with the luck." He never saw the females exchange glances as he looked underneath. "Well, Sir, I must say that *is* an impressive set of haunches! You have the posterior of a warrior of Olden Times! And I'm most delighted to see the tail and claws are returning, Sir, and the scars removed - not that you weren't handsome beforehand, of course-"

Kami made an attention-seeking sound. "Great Mother, you'd better get to the point of this, cub, before we all drown in your shit."

"Of course, Counselor - your wisdom is exceeded only by your-"

She hissed at him.

"Ahem... Captain, Sir, we are currently passing the Sigma Lambda System. I wish to request permission to take the shuttlecraft Sureswift into the system for a short visit, and meet up with the Surefoot on the other side."

"Sigma Lambda? Apart from some Class-M planet, I think, there's nothing of note there."

"According to our long-range sensors, Sir, there is also a DY-Class vessel, probably one of the old DY-500 or DY-900s."

Hrelle grunted. "A DY, huh?"

"Apparently so, Sir. Possibly still intact, too."

"Someone care to enlighten the ignorant among us?" Kami asked impatiently.

To Rrori, Hrelle nodded. "Go on, cub, impress my wife with something other than your gold tail rings."

The cub eagerly complied. "Counselor, the DY-Class was one of the most successful series of pre-Federation starships made by Terrans, proving vital to the First Era of Exploration in the latter half of the Twenty-First Century, after the Third World War and the human discovery of warp drive.

This particular vessel was first detected in the Sigma Lambda system ten years ago by the previous patrol vessel in our sector, the USS Trieste. It was only picked up on long-range sensors, and the Trieste's Captain judged it to be some forgotten robot probe or abandoned freighter."

Hrelle looked up at Rrori. "And this interests you?"

"Absolutely, Sir! The chance to study one, even the wreckage of one, is too big an opportunity for us to let slip by."

"Us, Cadet?" T'Varik asked him.

"Yes, Commander, I am not doing this for me, but rather the Engineering Specialists from our three squads: Cadets Ostrow, Soolamea and Yeager. The shuttle's high-warp capability means this can be completed overnight, with a minimum disruption to our current academic and work rotas. My schedule is quite busy, but I am very willing to take time out to pilot them there and back, in the interests of scientific progress." He smiled. "Well, Sir? Ma'am? Any questions?"

"I have one." Hrelle turned to look at the females. "Just how stupid does this cub think we are?"

Kami smirked; T'Varik answered. "Apparently stupid enough that we would not suspect that this opportunity is also one for him to engage in unsupervised sex onboard the Sureswift."

Rrori's jaw dropped. "Commander! I am frankly shocked that you might ascribe such base motives to my quest for knowledge-"

"Cub," Hrelle butted in. "My nose is at the level of your crotch; you're in heat. T'Varik might not be able to tell, but the rest of us do."

"I was unaware that male Caitians went into Season," T'Varik admitted.

"Not to as great a degree as females," Kami confirmed, glowering at the cadet. "And you don't need the nose or the knowledge to have seen you sniffing around Soolamea's parts lately, Cadet, trying to buy or trade time in the holodeck whenever yours and her off-duty time matches, being reprimanded for Public Displays of Affection, and generally making a horny annoyance of yourselves." She folded her arms across her chest. "Normally it wouldn't matter to me. What *does* matter to me - to all of us here - is the thought that you would think to use Jonas for your own selfish ends, especially given his recent history."

Now Rrori looked genuinely hurt, and all attempts at unctuousness dropped. "Jonas is my friend, Counselor, and I wouldn't do anything to hurt him. In fact, I'm trying to help him. He's interested in Nancy Yeager."

"He is?" Hrelle asked, looking to Kami. "I thought he was interested in Rina Chaudri?"

"Rina told him she liked him," she responded, "As a friend."

Hrelle winced at that. "Well, at least he's not giving up. Good for him."

"Yes," Rrori agreed enthusiastically. "But Nancy's different from the lovely Rina. Nancy's rather... formidable." He looked to T'Varik. "Even I would find approaching her for a date somewhat daunting, and I am exceedingly attractive and lovable."

The Vulcan eyed him dryly. "I will take your word for that, Cadet."

Undeterred, he returned to focus on Kami. "So, I thought it would be good for him to get some time alone with Yeager, so they could get to know each other better, and he can demonstrate his considerable engineering knowledge; I am also aware that he has an interest in ancient Terran space technology, as his ancestors came from Earth. In fact, I would like him officially registered as the Mission Commander, to give him the chance to step up and flex his authoritative muscles. Assuming he has any." He paused and concluded, "I think he deserves the chance."

Kami regarded him for a moment, before finally announcing, "I believe you. Not that I don't think sex with Soolamea isn't far from your mind as well."

Rrori started to react as if he was about to protest, before relenting, "Counselor, I can assure you that sex in general is *never* far from my mind at any time."

"Now that I believe," Hrelle muttered, looking at Kami again. "Well? Do you think Jonas will be okay?"

She furrowed her brow. "I don't think it'll put him at emotional risk. He's been making good progress, opening up more to me and to you, and though I can't see Yeager being interested in him even as a friend, it'll hopefully help build his overall confidence. I like that he's not giving up." She glared at Rrori. "So long as no idiot cub tries to pressure him into going too far, too fast, when he's not ready."

"Of course not, Counselor."

"That's all you have to say?" Hrelle asked.

"What more is there? They're all healthy and have birth control implants."

"And a good thing, too," Rrori added, smiling. "Or we'd need to get a crèche installed onboard with all the ongoing action."

He chuckled. Then stopped when the others didn't join in.

Hrelle looked to T'Varik. "I guess I have no problem with this. But I'll leave the final decision to you."

The Vulcan folded her hands behind her back as she looked to Rrori. "I will approve this, Mr Rrori. Be advised, however, that the passing grade will be 90% instead of the usual 80."

"What?" Rrori looked crestfallen. "I must protest, Commander!"

She remained unmoved. "Feel free to do so, Cadet - and I will raise the proverbial bar to 95%."

Rrori bit back any further complaints.

Hrelle chuckled. "Sadist."

T'Varik raised an eyebrow. "Vulcans are not sadistic, Captain. I merely wish to ensure that the cadets remain focused on the primary reason for this Away Mission - particularly as Chief Grev will need to adjust his work schedules to account for the cadets' absence, and other cadets with secondary Engineering qualifications will need to be temporarily reassigned to cover for them. Mr Rrori, I suggest you and your team be ready to leave within 58 minutes."

"Thank you, Commander! Thank you, Captain, Counselor!" Rrori nodded to the others and quickly departed.

"90%, Commander?" Hrelle chuckled. "You're nasty."

"I respectfully disagree, Captain. I simply will not tolerate shenanigans."

"Shenanigans?" Kami echoed, bemused.

The Vulcan nodded. "A Nineteenth-Century Terran word, its origins in either the Spanish charranada, meaning 'trick or deceit', or possibly the Irish sionnach, meaning 'fox'." At their expressions she elaborated, "It is a genuine word. Humans can be most verbally creative."

Hrelle laughed softly. "Tell me about it. There were times when my first wife ran out of profanity to use against me, and had to make up a few more words."

"I don't suppose she left a list of them for me?" Kami asked.

*

Deck 1, Mess Hall:

Jonas Ostrow had just about perfected the art of pretending to read his PADD, while looking over it at Chief Helmsman Lt. Irina Velkovsky at a nearby table, clad in a low-cut white off-duty blouse, casually reading and drinking coffee, her honey-blonde hair ponytailed back away from her lean Nordic face.

Thus he was startled when Rrori plopped himself down beside him, announcing loudly, "Forget it, Jonas, if she were any more out of your range she'd be in Andromeda with the Kelvins."

Jonas felt himself redden, and he glanced around before whispering, "Will you keep it down? I don't want her to know I was looking."

"What, you think she couldn't tell?"

"Of course not! I was being careful!"

From her table, Velkovsky never even looked up as she interjected loudly and clearly, "Not that careful, Mr Ostrow."

Jonas mentally called for an emergency beam-out, one that sadly never came.

Rrori chuckled. "My friend, take this advice: women know when there's attention on them." He looked over at Velkovsky, raising his voice to add, "Especially the attractive ones."

Jonas watched in disbelief as the Chief Helmsman reacted to that with a smile instead of a protest, and he turned back to his friend. "How do you get away with it?"

The Caitian seemed to consider the answer for a heartbeat. "Self-confidence, for the most part. And it always helps having enhanced senses that can discern if a female is in the mood for a little flirting. Lt. Velkovsky, for instance, was moments away from coming over here and telling you off in front of everyone for staring at her."

"He's right," she added, still not looking up at them.

Rrori glanced up. "This one, however..." He rose to his feet and pointed at two female cadets, the Andorian Atiaro Thykrill and the Trill Bezra Pruhl, as they walked by, trays in hand. "Hey, you two: you'd better quit that, right now!"

They stopped in place, Thykrill scowling but Pruhl asking, "Quit what?"

Rrori grinned. "Quit being so damned distracting." He narrowed his gaze, purring and smiling. "You make my tail wag."

Thykrill shot him the dirtiest look imaginable and continued on; Pruhl followed... but with a lingering sly grin on her spotted face.

Rrori sat down again, chuckling. "She smells good; I'd love to find out how far down her spots go. But never mind that, we have to get moving."

"Moving?" Jonas' face brightened. "You mean we got permission?"

"Yes, but we need to prep the shuttle and leave within the hour."

"Excellent!" Ever since Rrori had approached him with the idea of secretly studying the DY-ship, he had felt an excitement he hadn't since he was a boy, watching his mother's company bringing in a new vessel for salvaging, wondering what they were going to find onboard.

It would also be a welcome distraction from his recent mental health problems. He was feeling much better now, was even pleased with how well his mother had responded, and his grades had returned to their expected high levels.

But there was still a nagging worry, like an itch he couldn't scratch: that people on the Surefoot looked at him differently now, as the Guy Who Tried To Kill Himself. No one said anything to his face, of course, but he couldn't help but think that people would always hold that over him, as much as he wanted to put it behind him and live his life.

He rose to his feet. "I've already got my tricorder loaded up with all the relevant data."

Rrori followed, putting an arm around the younger man's shoulder as he led him out. "Oh, and I forgot to mention: I've invited two other interested parties to join us..."

*

Deck 4, Shuttlebay, 55 Minutes Later:

"I'm going to kill you," Jonas muttered for the twentieth time.

Beside him, Rrori ignored him for the twentieth time as he waved to the two female cadets approaching, carrying overnight bags. "There you are! I was about to have you clamped in irons and dragged down here!"

Zaacool Soolamea strode up to him, a big mischievous grin on her lime-green face. "Irons, huh? Save those for tonight, my furry fella." She drew up and pressed her body against his, stealing a kiss despite the rules against Public Displays of Affection while in uniform. She was a Jelna, from Rigel V: a humanoid with yellow-green skin, thin, swept-back straw-coloured hair, flat noses and natural carvings reaching from the forehead down across the purple eyes and stopping at the lips. She glanced at Jonas. "Hey, kid, you okay? You look like you're gonna throw up."

Jonas swallowed. "No, I'm fine, thank you for asking." He looked to her companion, feeling himself flush. "Hi, Nancy."

"Hi." Nancy Yeager was bronze-skinned, freckled, with a mop of shiny sable hair and a short nose, and somehow had the ability to make Jonas' heart rate double just standing there. She immediately looked to Rrori. "We should get moving, to maximise our observation time of the vessel."

"Don't tell me; Jonas is the Mission Commander."

The look of surprise on Jonas' face was matched only by the disbelief on the women.

But Jonas quickly recovered. "Yes. Yes, let's get going."

*

Deck 4, Sickbay:

"Measure it."

Sasha's face screwed up in disgust. "No!"

"Go on," her father urged, chuckling. "I want to see how long it is, now I can make it fully erect."

Sasha Hrelle leaned back against a medical unit, crossing her arms in defiance. "You're going to go through every single penile innuendo possible, aren't you?"

"Only if it embarrasses you, Runt of the Litter. So, what can I do for you?"

"Where's Jonas and Rrori gone? They've been marked down as being on 'Special Assignment'. Is there a problem?"

"No problem; they're visiting some ancient Terran starship in the nearby system." He rose up from the biobed.

"Why would they want to-" She turned away as her naked stepfather stood in front of her and reached for his off-duty clothes. "Oy, warn me next time you're gonna get your furry putz out! Show some decorum!"

"Says the little Puritan I caught skinny dipping with Giles on Malbruk II. Is there anything else you want?"

"So... Rrori and Jonas went off on their own?"

"No, they took Yeager and Soolamea with them."

Sasha glanced over her shoulder, looking away again when she saw he wasn't dressed yet. "You mean you let Rrori take Jonas off with two girls? Don't you know what could happen?"

"Sure - Jonas could go Bumpers with Yeager. Or Soolamea. Or even both."

"Dad, I'm serious."

"So am I. I mean, it's not likely, at least not as likely as that horncat Rrori getting some, but at least he'll have a shot at it."

"But he's not ready for that!"

"How do you know? Not that long ago, I might have questioned if you were ready for sex. But you obviously were, and I've since given you all the respect you deserve."

She frowned. "Respect? You tease Giles and me constantly!"

He cackled evilly. "Yeah. And I'm gonna go on teasing you until I'm a grey-furred old bastard in a hoverchair teaching your cubs rude words in Caitian."

"But what am I supposed to tell Neraxis when she finds out about this? She'll have kittens."

Hrelle finished dressing, stopping to adjust the slit in the rear of his trousers for his new tail, and approached his stepdaughter, touching her shoulder and gently but firmly turning her around, his voice equally gentle but firm. "You tell her that Jonas is an adult, capable of making his own decisions. Maybe tell yourself that, too. You're his friends, not his keepers."

Sasha looked up at him, looking a little anxious now. "But... with the problems he's had, what if- what if something goes wrong, his heart is broken or something embarrassing happens or-"

He nodded at her concern. "Then he'll be tested, as we are all tested with what the Universe throws at us. But this time, he'll be bolstered by the support he's received, from the Counselor and his friends. He's not as vulnerable as he used to be." He smiled. "All of us should just give him some respect."

Surefoot
Surefoot
205 Followers
123456...9