Surprise Chance for Love Ch. 01

Story Info
Two people meet purely by accident.
6k words
4.63
34.1k
59

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/05/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BlewWater69
BlewWater69
2,583 Followers

This is a fictional story with all characters over eighteen and all rights reserved to the author.


I looked up at the gray clouds rolling off to the Northeast, taking the light rain with them. The beginnings of sunshine could be seen in the rearview mirror of my car. You would have thought the change in the weather would have bright-ened my mood, even with the lateness of the summer day, but not when I was sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire.

Worse than that, I was somewhere east of Lake Winnebago, in Wisconsin, on a dirt road. There was only one house in sight, and it appeared quiet. Worse still, my cellphone showed only one bar and my tries at calling for help had both failed. I was beginning to regret leaving work early on Friday so I could be here. Chicago was over two and a half hours behind me now, and I had nothing but country roads and farms scattered sparsely around me.

I could hear the voices in my brain of my friends and family questioning my rea-son for being here in the first place. I was here to investigate possibly buying a sixty-acre farm I'd found on a realty listing site. The voice of my best friend and the best man at my wedding, Ben Ward, rang in my head. "What the hell do you want with a farm? You're a hedge fund manager. You'll never make a tenth of what you make now on a freaking farm." Not sure his word was freaking, though.

I couldn't argue with that, of course, but at thirty-six I felt like I was in a mid-life crisis. I'd lost my wife, Beth, to progressive breast cancer two years ago. She was my college sweetheart and the total love of my life. Ever since that day, my life just revolved around my work and making money. Yeah, I'd had a few trysts and even a steady relationship for six months or so, but it too eventually crashed and burned. I'd bought toys, like my beloved Land Rover, flat tire and all, and my thirty-nine-foot Hunter sailboat moored in Chicago, but nothing seemed to satisfy my depression over losing the beautiful and fulfilling life I'd had, and planned, with Beth.

Somehow, I'd begun to believe changing my life and scenery would be the key. Money alone could no longer fully motivate me. I needed more.

My boss had even cooperated when I told him I'd like to work more from home in Wisconsin than to constantly be in the office. I'd keep my Lincoln Park home, as I'd still need it for days I had meetings in the City. As I was one of the company's top fund managers for the last ten years, he was willing to bend a bit from the norm.

I was beginning to see what my family and friends were saying as I sat there in my expensive suit. I was so far out in the boonies that none of my big ticket electron-ics could help me. The rain had left the ground muddy and the spare to the Land Rover was nicely secured underneath the back end. I wasn't opposed to changing tires, and thanks to my dad's training I knew how, but the thought of crawling around in the mud in my suit just didn't appeal to me.

I finally decided to get out of the car and check out my options once again. I left my coat and tie in the air conditioned car and surveyed the situation. I could strip off my "David Donahue" shirt and only risk my suit pants getting dirty changing the tire, or try walking to the nearest town. Both choices were pretty much unde-sirable.

I decided on trying to change the tire, as when I looked around I could see nothing but the one lone farm house and open space. I'd passed a small sleepy town fif-teen minutes back; I figured walking that could easily take me an hour. Also, since it was nearly eight o'clock, I'd be lucky to find anything open or anyone to help. Hopefully, I could change the tire without ruining my pants, and then make my way back to the Sheboygan hotel I'd checked into earlier. Stupidly, I'd been in such a rush to get a look at the farm before meeting the realtor that I hadn't changed or even eaten while I was there.

I was midway through taking my shirt off when I saw headlights bouncing up and down on the bumpy road about a mile away. I decided to wait and see if this per-son might be of help. Hopefully, it would be a patrol car or better yet a tow truck. As the car approached, my heart sank a bit seeing it was an older model Outback or Volkswagen. Thankfully, the car did pull to a stop next to mine. I walked up to the passenger side window as it lowered.

Before I could say anything a pleasant female voice said, "Having trouble?"

"Yeah, a flat, of all things," I said, bending over to see the women behind the steering wheel.

I was startled a bit to see bright blue eyes and a beautiful blonde woman looking at me. She smiled as her eyes met mine before she cast them down at my open shirt. I'd gone without a tee shirt today, and my bare chest was clearly visible through the partially-unbuttoned dress shirt.

"Um...I was just about to try changing it," I stated.

"In those clothes?"

"Not much choice," I agreed. "That's why I was taking my shirt off."

"I see," she commented, as her eyes once again drifted to my chest.

"Might you have a cell phone I could borrow? Mine doesn't get coverage here."

"Sure. Are you from around here?" she asked, but with a real questioning tone like she already knew better.

"No. Chicago."

"Who you want to call?"

"A service man?"

"I doubt you can find anyone local working this late on a Friday."

"Oh? You don't think so?"

"Closest gas station is John Park's Citgo in Chilton, and he's closed by now. You might be able to get someone to drive out from Manitowoc, but that will cost you."

"I can pay cash."

"Well, you're welcome to try," she said, and she pulled her car off the road in front of mine.

I thought it was odd that she kept the engine running, until I noticed two blonde-haired young boys in the back seat, strapped into car seats. I guessed they were maybe three or four years old, perhaps even twins. She climbed out of the car and I got a quick look at her before she handed me her phone. She had on short white shorts and a light blue blouse. The white bra underneath was partially visi-ble through the thin cotton fabric. Complete with white sandals, she looked ap-propriately dressed for the summer heat of July. She moved like a long-legged cat.

"Cell phone coverage out here is spotty at best," she warned.

"Thanks," I said taking the older model phone from her hand, our fingers touching briefly.

I cursed myself for not having AAA, forcing me to try to find the closest gas station or repair shop using her phone. She was right. The first two I called just rang and rang. The third answered, but it was just a kid working the cash register and there weren't any repair people there. I realized I was just keeping her from getting home or whatever and handed her back her phone.

"I'm sorry...looks like you're right. I can't seem to find anyone. I'll have to tackle it myself before I lose all of my daylight. I just hate to ruin these pants crawling under the car to pull out the spare."

"Expensive?" was all she said looking down at them.

"Yeah...part of my suit. My jacket is in the car."

"Well, wait until I'm home over there," she said smiling, pointing to the one lone house I'd seen before. "Then you can take them off if you want."

"What?"

"This road only goes to my house and Mr. Crandall's down the road, and he doesn't drive anymore. The chances of you seeing another car on this road are next to none," she said with a beautiful smile.

Her face was gorgeous in the slowly setting sun that cast a golden glow over her tanned skin. She looked like an angel with a halo of gold hair. I was lost in those blue eyes, too. I must have been staring for a second and made her uncomforta-ble as she dropped the smile.

"Okay...good luck," she said, turning to leave.

"Thanks...and thanks for letting me use your phone."

She turned around with her car door open as if for a quick escape. "What brings you all the way out here anyway?" she asked, suddenly curious.

"I wanted to get an early look at the Martin place," I said. "I'm to meet a realtor there tomorrow morning at nine."

"You foreclosing on it or something?"

"Oh, no...I might buy it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why? Shouldn't I?"

"You a farmer?"

"No," I said laughing.

"Why do you want a farm, then?"

"That's exactly what everyone I know is asking. I guess I'm just looking for some-thing different in my life."

"Well, based on the fancy dudes you have on I'd say you are really stepping out from your norm to try farming."

"Very true."

She went to sit in her driver's seat only to stop suddenly. She turned back to me and stared at me as if sizing me up again.

"I could give you some clothes from my husband to change the tire."

"Really?"

"Yeah...you look to be about the same size as him."

"I just need pants if you have them."

"I think we can wrangle up a tee shirt too. Just one question first before I take you to my house?"

"Yes?"

"You're not an ax murderer or thief or anything are you?"

"Not hardly."

"Good, because my boys need protection," she concluded. "Get in."

I strode quickly to her passenger seat while hitting the lock button on my car re-mote. The seat was up and it took me a bit to cram my six-foot, two-inch frame into her Jetta. She noticed and told me how to adjust the seat back before driving off. It took all of a minute to cover the quarter mile to her farmhouse.

I helped her by opening the back door on my side and unbuckling the seat belt for the boy on my side. I fully expected her to tell me she'd take care of it, but she didn't.

Instead she said, "That's Blaine and this is Blake by the way. They're identical twins and just turned three. I'm Elizabeth Barton."

"Jackson Thompson."

The boys had both been playing with some type of game platform, but stopped to look curiously at me as I helped Blaine down and out of the car. The boys ran into the house, glad to finally be out of the car. I was surprised to see them open the door only to be immediately lovingly molested by twin dogs.

"Bonnie and Clyde...go potty," Elizabeth said, pointing to the open garage door.

"Beautiful dogs," I remarked.

"Brittneys...from the same litter two years ago. Gifts from my parents."

The dogs got one more face lick in on the boys and sniffed me out before scurry-ing out into the yard to relieve their bladders. Elizabeth followed the boys into the house and told me to leave the door open behind me, for the dogs. We en-tered through the laundry room and then into the kitchen. The boys kept going into the family room, where toys covered the carpet. They were really cute kids, with longish blonde hair over their ears.

"Would you like a drink of something?" Elizabeth asked me.

"Sure, but I better hurry if I don't want to change the tire in the dark."

"Yeah. You'll find pop in the refrigerator and the glasses are in the cabinet to the right of the sink. Help yourself while I get the clothes."

The dogs came rushing back in, circled me again for a few pets, and then ran back to the boys. I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a can of Diet Pepsi, opened the top and took a drink. The cold fizzy liquid tasted great and reminded me I'd neglected dinner. I glanced at the boys playing together on the floor nicely, with the dogs hanging around them. Sliding glass doors led off the kitchen onto a fair-sized deck and the fields beyond. Moving to the doors, I looked around the back-yard and the distant fields around the house. Corn about chest high covered the low rolling hills.

"Here we go," Elizabeth said from behind me, entering the kitchen. "I found sneakers, too. They might do the job, temporarily."

"Oh, great," I said turning to her.

She handed me a pair of worn jeans and a Milwaukee Brewers tee shirt, along with sneakers that looked like a pair of slightly worn Nike cross trainers, not unlike my own.

"The bathroom is there," she said pointing.

"Thank you...you're most kind."

"It's nothing. I can't see you possibly ruining such nice clothes and shoes."

I went into the bathroom and took the opportunity to relieve myself, too. The pants fit nearly perfectly, so I reasoned her husband must be almost exactly my size. The shirt was a tight fit, but not uncomfortable, and would do nicely for the brief time I needed it. Even the sneakers fit fine. I emerged from the bathroom in about five minutes, holding my good clothes. Elizabeth was busying herself at the sink with dishes, but she stopped when she saw me out of the corner of her eye.

"I'm sorry everything looks like such a mess, but keeping up with those two is a full time job. I can run you back to your car if you want. The boys will be fine for two minutes. Besides, I've wanted to check the range on this monitor," she said holding up a kid's monitor.

"It's okay; I can jog back."

"No, it's no problem."

I followed her back out to the car in the garage, admiring her figure along the way. She appeared to be about five foot seven in her sandals, with long, lean and shapely, tanned legs, a tight waist, and a nice bulge to her breasts. Her ass, though, might just have been her best asset. I wasn't sure if I detected a small wiggle as I followed her. Fortunately, I averted my eyes in time to keep from get-ting caught looking as we got in the car. In another minute, we were back at my car. She appeared to drive with a bit of speed.

We drove in silence, but before I got out of the car I thanked her and said I'd re-turn the clothes as soon as I was done.

"Keep them," she said. "I don't need them back."

"I'm not sure my Chicago White Sox friends will like my wearing a Brewers shirt," I kidded. "Besides, won't your husband get mad at you giving away his stuff?"

"It fits you nicely," she claimed, and even took a second to look me up and down. "No, my husband died over two years ago from cancer."

"Oh...I'm sorry," I said. "And I feel like such a fool."

"Don't...but thanks...those clothes have just been taking up space anyway."

"I share your pain."

"What do you mean?"

"I lost my wife to breast cancer two years ago."

"I'm sorry, too."

"It's okay...I'm dealing with it...but I'd still feeling funny taking the clothes."

"Please don't. It's okay. Take that tarp to lie on."

"Thanks for everything, Elizabeth," I said, realizing I might not see her again if I didn't return the clothes.

"You're welcome. I hope the tire changing goes easy enough for you."

The monitor crackled and you could hear the boys fighting over a toy. The dogs were barking now, too.

"Sounds like I need to get back, but you see those clouds over there?" she asked, pointing to the west.

"Yeah...pretty black. I hope they hold off long enough."

I studied her face as she looked off into the gloom of the clouds. Her expression showed sadness that I couldn't quite figure. She didn't seem in too much of a rush despite the yelling and barking on the monitor. "I guess that thing works this far from the house," she finally said.

"Yeah. It's pretty impressive," I replied.

"Look," she said softly without turning to look at me. "Where are you staying?"

"I have a hotel room back in Sheboygan."

"That's nearly forty minutes from here."

"Yeah."

"Did you eat before you broke down?"

"No."

"Come to the house after you're done and I'll fix you something."

"That would be great, but I don't want to put..."

"No trouble, but are you sure I can trust you?"

"You can."

"I think of myself as an aware person. I don't want to be one of those stupid women who make a mistake in trusting someone. I have to be even more cau-tious, with the boys."

"I'm very safe, Elizabeth," I stated.

"Give me your wallet."

"What?"

"Give me your wallet!"

"Okay, sure."

She took my wallet without even moving her head, still looking off to the growing darkness to the west. She popped open the fold to where my license showed, and looked down.

"Jackson Thompson Junior. Your dad was Jackson Thompson too?"

"My grandfather too, but my dad didn't go by junior."

"I like family traditions. Okay, Jackson. Come up to the house when you're done."

"Thanks, Elizabeth. I'll do that."

"Call me Elly, please."

"Jack."

"See you soon, Jack."

"Thanks."

I got out of the car and Elly sped off to answer the screaming from the monitor. Looking off to the west I realized I had to hurry if I was going to keep from being soaked. The tarp was a great plus and I quickly spread it under the back of the Land Rover. It took me a few minutes to analyze how to get the spare off and a bit of finesse to get the screw undone and the tire off.

Next, I retrieved the scissor jack from below the carpet and panel in the trunk. I easily found the spot on the frame to lift the back right quarter and was a bit im-pressed with myself when I raised the car quickly. I loosened the bolts before lift-ing the tire off the ground. Jacking the car higher, I had the tire off and the new one on in just a few minutes. I tightened the bolts to hand tight and then lowered the car a bit to keep the tire from spinning as I further tightened it. Finally, I threw the spare in the trunk along with the jack, just as another lightning bolt lit the nearly dark sky. It was nine thirty, and I gave thanks to daylight savings time.

I could see a sheet of rain coming at me. I jumped into the Rover and sped to the house. Elly had smartly left the garage door open for me, and I got into the gar-age just as the rain started pelting my car. I looked back out of the garage and smiled as the thunderstorm opened up.

As I walked to the door to the house it opened, and Elly let me in. She smiled as she hit the close button on the garage door and I entered behind her. The lights were on in the house now and I didn't see the kids or the dogs.

"A burger work?" she asked.

"Thanks. Sounds perfect," I replied.

"Wash up and sit here," Elly said. I washed my hands and forearms in the kitchen sink, and she led me to the kitchen table.

I sat at the head of the table, where she wanted, and she served me a burger on a bun with steak fries. She put a catsup bottle on the table and a glass of water.

"You want a beer or something?" she asked.

"A beer would be great," I said.

Elly brought me a Samuel Adams as I started eating like a starved animal. The burger tasted great with fried onions on it. I put catsup on my plate and dipped the steak fries with my fork. I was halfway through the burger before I even looked up. Elly was smiling at me.

"What? It's wonderful," I praised.

"It's been a while since I watched a hungry guy eat," she joked. "I forgot what male starvation looked like."

"Funny. Laugh all you want," I replied as I took another bite, with a smirk on my face.

Elly continued to watch me eat, smiling the whole time. I was almost finished with the burger and working on the last of the fries as she started talking to me.

"Jack, did you and your wife have any kids?"

"No. We were both into our careers at first. She was a nurse."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a hedge fund manager in Chicago."

"That sounds lucrative."

"It can be, and for me it has been."

"Don't they want a lot of money for the Martin place?"

"It's been on the market for fourteen months, and they've lowered it to $1.1 mil-lion."

"Wow! You really interested in buying it for that?"

"I don't know. I need to look at it. I've loved lakes since my childhood, when we used to go to Green Lake, here in Wisconsin. I'm more interested in the frontage on Winnebago than the farm, though, to be honest."

"Winnebago is different from Green Lake."

"Yeah? How so?"

"Bigger, for one, and not as deep. On the eastern side, here, we have to deal with ice melt in the spring."

BlewWater69
BlewWater69
2,583 Followers
12