Tabitha Ch. 06

Story Info
Tabitha and Wes.
6.5k words
4.76
32.6k
26

Part 6 of the 13 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/21/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers

Tabitha walked into La Bella Noche and hurried up to the hostess stand. She muttered sorries to the patrons waiting to get a table as she made her way between them.

The slender dark-haired man quirked an eyebrow at her. He was probably wondering who the hell she was and why she had burst into the eating establishment like a bat out of hell.

"Reservation under Wesley Roberts," she said yanking down the hem of the dress she'd purchased only an hour before. She still couldn't believe she'd let the sales girl talk her into buying a half-size too small. As if she didn't have a hard enough time squeezing her ass into clothes that were the right size.

"Yes, yes, follow me," he said with a smile. Tabitha was so glad Wes had agreed to dinner at this place. The listening party had been fun, but the whole night had felt like a blur, from the moment they pulled up to the mansion to the moment she fell into bed. It had been fun drinking and talking and listening to music, but she was definitely in the mood for something more intimate.

Wes stood when they approached the table.

"Wow," he breathed as he pulled out her chair.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Tabitha started.

"Forget about it," said Wes reclaiming his seat. "That dress is amazing."

Tabitha had stopped into a small boutique after work and picked out a bold blue Michael Kors sheath dress. To say the thing was tight would be the understatement of the century. She'd paired it with black pumps that went nicely with the black piping through the dress. "Thanks," she said pushing her brown curls over her shoulders.

"Okay," she said once the waiter had given her a menu and left. "Let's get something straight up front."

Wes waited.

"Just because this is our third date, doesn't mean you're going to get some," said Tabitha. "I was completely serious when I said I'm not easy."

Wes laughed. "You sure know how to start off a date, don't you?"

Tabitha laughed. "I'm just being honest."

"Honesty is good," Wes said, "trust me."

They ate their meals in comfortable silence, interrupted by easy discussion. At the end of the meal, the waiter put the check on the table and Tabitha reached for it. "Don't worry," she said, "I got it."

Wes frowned and snatched the check out of her grasp. "I don't think so."

Tabitha stared at him. "What's the big deal? This place is expensive and I haven't paid for anything yet."

"I. Don't. Think. So."

Tabitha grasped for the check and Wes pulled it further away.

"You think I'm broke, don't you?" he said incredulously.

Tabitha blinked, taken aback by his tone. "Well, I mean, you're a salesman right? You work on commission so..."

"Actually, I forego commission," he said leaning back in his chair.

"Okay," Tabitha said, "you're a salesman on salary and we're at the most expensive place in town."

"Just so you know, I'm not broke," Wes said pulling out his wallet and sticking a few large bills in the check.

"I didn't say that!" Tabitha cried.

"You didn't have to," he said waving for the waiter.

"We should at least..."

Wes glared at her. "We're not splitting it."

The finality in his voice made her jaw snap shut. Did he just lay the law down on her like that?

The waiter took the check and they were out the door before she could think of a way to save face.

***

Tabitha felt like she'd exhaled for the first time in hours when Wes unzipped the hidden zipper at the back of the dress.

"Thanks," she breathed, turning to smile at him. "I'll be right back."

"Are you sure you don't need anymore help?"

Tabitha laughed. "No, I'm good. Just make yourself at home."

A few minutes later she emerged from her bedroom in an oversized black t-shirt and gray satin shorts.

"Do you want a drink?" she asked standing beside the couch where he was lounging.

"No thanks, I don't really drink."

"Neither do I; the only thing I have is a half bottle of Riesling that came in a gift basket when I moved in. It's been in the back of the refrigerator for two years." Tabitha settled in beside him.

The couch was a Heather-brown pillow back, royal sleeper so there was plenty of room for them both to lie side-by-side. Once Tabitha tossed the larger pillows onto the floor in front of them, the couch was the size of a full size bed. Wes rolled toward her, blocking her view of the television.

"What are you doing?" she asked when he slid his hand under her shirt.

"I can't touch you?" he whispered swirling his fingers over her stomach.

Tabitha's breathing quickened. "Just stay above the waistband," she whispered.

"I'll try," he responded before dipping his head and nuzzling her neck.

Tabitha's giggle turned into a moan when his tongue flicked against that special spot behind her ear. The one that made her whimper and flood her panties.

His mouth found hers warm and willing. Tabitha's brain went fuzzy at the feel of him. Her hands slid over his chest, broad and hard, before splaying across his back. The corded muscles moved under her palms when he leaned closer.

Lord, she prayed, don't let me play myself with this guy. Don't let me go out like that!

Wes couldn't still his hands. They seemed to be all over her, from caressing her bellybutton to setting fire to every nerve on the way up to let his thumbs graze the underside of her breasts.

Tabitha hadn't bothered to put on a bra since she hadn't been wearing one in the first place. The tight dress had rendered even her more-jiggly parts immobile. Her nipples were impossibly hard, aching for his attention but his mouth was otherwise occupied. He swept his tongue across hers and she whimpered again. Her hips jerked upward, tucking against the erection straining against the front of his slacks.

A groan rumbled from somewhere deep in his chest. The idea that she was affecting him just as much as he was her spurred her on. She dropped her hips, only to bring them back up immediately.

"I can't keep any promises when you tease me like that."

"Try," she whispered parting her thighs and wrapping her leg around his waist.

He groaned again. "Are you kidding me?" His lips slid further down, trailing fire from her special spot down to her collar bone.

Tabitha lifted a shaky hand and pressed her fingertips to her kiss-swollen lips. "You can't take a little tease?" she panted.

She felt his smile against her skin. "You play too much," he muttered.

Before she could respond his hands were pushing up the shirt, revealing her honey-brown skin. She thought she should protest, but couldn't bring herself to do it. She felt that she was coming out on the losing side of the battle to be true to her upbringing. She wanted to be a lady...she wanted to stick to her principles; but his tongue was doing magical things in the valley between her breasts.

She was almost a D-cup, a gift from some grandmother or great-aunt that she'd never known. Her own mother was small-chested and Dion had found herself somewhere in the middle. Tabitha had always had a problem with guys being unable to bring their gazes up to her face. After spending years trying to downplay the damn things, she'd given up and accepted them. If they were going to get so much attention, they might as well make her look good and better yet, make her feel good.

"Ooh," Tabitha cooed, lacing her fingers through his thick black hair. His teeth clenched a nipple and she screeched; her hips driving upward again.

"Can't you take a little tease?" he asked before licking the slight injury.

"Fuck you," she laughed.

"Ah," he said moving to the other breast, "you already said you don't want to do that."

Tabitha chewed her bottom lip to keep from confessing just how badly she did want to fuck him.

Her eyes fell shut and she focused on the feel of him feasting on her breasts. His tongue and mouth were almost as hot and wet as her pulsing pussy. Her fingers pulled though his hair. He was so close to making her cum just from the attentions he was paying to her nipples.

Tabitha's eyes popped open when she felt him pull away. She opened her mouth to ask what he was doing but snapped it shut again when he tugged her shirt down. He dropped a kiss on her lips when she was once again modest.

"I think I'd better get home now, before I take it further than you want."

Tabitha's fingers clamped around his wrist; effectively halting the hand that was stroking her hair. "You don't have to leave," she said, "I trust you."

Wes laughed. "That's good, but I don't trust myself. Walk me to the door?"

She nodded and followed him to the door.

Wes pulled on his shoes and jacket before gathering her in his arms. "Call me," he said after a long, gentle kiss.

"Okay," Tabitha whispered tracing her fingers along his angular jaw.

***

Mr. Dennis waved a hand in front of Wes. "Are you listening, Wesley?"

"No," said Wes, blinking away the image of Tabitha the night before. "Sorry."

"At least you're honest," the older man said laughing. "What's got you so distracted, son?"

Wes hesitated to answer. He should have been focused on the fact that the store was empty, as usual, and he knew how close they were to having to close the doors...for good. Instead, he was giving himself a chubby by picturing Tabitha on her back, underneath him. "I'm just distracted."

"A woman," Mr. Dennis said matter-of-factly.

Wes nodded.

"I can read you like sheet music," Mr. Dennis said with a chuckle.

"You've known me too long, I guess." Wes dragged his finger through a box of guitar picks.

"You're just like your father. He had that same lost look on his face when he was dating your mother."

Wes wrinkled his nose. "Ew."

"You wouldn't be here if she hadn't put that dumb look on his face!"

"I know that. I just don't like being compared to my dad." Wes rolled his eyes.

"Your dad is a good guy."

Wes didn't really feel like discussing his parents, least of all his father. His dad had been the one person that told him he was being silly by pursuing a career in music. He was supposed to go to college, become an accountant or something equally boring and soul-crushing. His father had even been upset when Wes encouraged Jazzy to sing...something she'd loved to do since they were kids.

"What's going on with the books, Mr. Dennis?" Wes asked.

He was met with silence.

"I know we're not in the black."

Mr. Dennis shrugged. "We'll be just fine."

Wes pitched his hands through his hair, mussing it a bit. "How about you hold my paychecks?"

Mr. Dennis set his chin stubbornly. "That's not necessary."

Wes groaned. "I don't need the money, Mr. Dennis. How could I take your money knowing that you're having trouble keeping the lights on?"

His boss huffed. "This isn't the first time the store has been in the red. Before Martha died we were about to take out a second mortgage on the house to stay open."

At the mention of his wife, Mr. Dennis' shoulder sagged a bit.

Wes sighed. "I can help you."

"I've always helped myself," Mr. Dennis said shaking his head.

The bell above the front door chimed and Wes looked up. "You're three o'clock piano lesson is here."

Mr. Dennis smiled; obviously glad the conversation was over.

*** Friday afternoon, Tabitha found herself back at her sister's kitchen table. She'd left the office early and changed before hand. She stared into the large cup of Earl Grey Tea in front of her.

"Have you heard from mom?"

"Not since last month," Dion muttered taking a bite of her apple-crumb muffin.

"Figures," Tabitha mumbled.

"On to happier subjects," said Dion. "Where are you guys going tonight?"

"Nowhere," Tabitha sighed. "I haven't called him since Wednesday. He texted me a few times and I responded, but I'm not trying to see him yet."

Dion groaned. "This guy..."

"Wes," Tabitha offered.

"Wes seems really cool. Why are you trying to keep him at arm's length?"

Tabitha tugged on the braid hanging over her left shoulder. "I just want to slow things down," Tabitha said with a shrug. "I've never dated someone that wore down my defenses so quickly. I'm telling you, I almost had my ankles by his ears the other night."

Dion laughed. "He put it on you like that?"

"It wasn't just the kissing stuff. We just match up and it's kind of scary."

"You're being an idiot," said Dion.

"I'm serious! You know I don't want any serious relationships. I don't need that kind of stress."

Dion dropped her head into her hands. "You're transferring."

"What does that mean?" snapped Tabitha.

"You're not mom and he's not one of those assholes she dated. You've got to stop using her bad decisions as a compass for your questionable decisions." Dion picked up the baby monitor from the table between them. There were a few grunts coming from the other side.

"Easy for you to say Mrs. Solomon; you found the perfect guy."

Dion pushed herself to standing and sighed. "We found each other and if I had been a chicken-shit like you, I would have missed out on him and our kids."

Tabitha shrugged. "Point made; point taken."

***

Tabitha smiled when she heard Wes knock on the door. Then she glared at herself in the mirror. "It doesn't matter what Dion says," she muttered as she walked to the door. "This is just fun."

Her resolve weakened when she opened the door and he smiled. Wes wore a white t-shirt under his leather jacket and dark-wash jeans over black Timberland boots.

"You're overdressed," he said walking past her.

Tabitha looked down at her aquamarine floor-length dress and frowned. They hadn't arranged the date until that afternoon and the last-minute aspect had thrown her off. Even if it was her own fault.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"It's a surprise. Go change."

"But..."

Wes shook his head. "I've never seen you out of a skirt and heels."

She frowned. "You have too! You saw me at the gym."

"Do you own a pair of jeans?" he teased.

"Five minutes!" she said rolling her eyes.

Wes sat on the couch to wait.

He almost swallowed his tongue when Tabitha walked back in to the room. She had taken off the dress and painted on a pair of light-colored jeans. She wore a crimson cropped ballet top over a white spaghetti-strap shirt. She hadn't changed shoes; she still had on a pair of gold wedge-heel sandals.

"You're going pale," Tabitha said walking up to him. "Can you breathe?"

Wes let out the breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. "I could ask you the same thing!"

Tabitha laughed. "You scared me! I thought you were asthmatic or something!"

Wes shoved his hands in his pockets. "You just surprised me," he muttered.

"Uh-huh, didn't think I could change in five minutes did you?"

Wes just smiled and followed her to the door. She grabbed a light jacket and purse and they were on their way.

"Where are we going?" Tabitha asked when they were in the car.

"I told you it was a surprise."

"Why are you being a hard-ass? Just tell me, already!"

Wes laughed. "You're just going to have to wait, Tabby."

She pretended to pout.

Tabitha was surprised when they pulled into the parking lot of a bar she'd never been in before. Rock Hard was a small bar, just outside Hillsdale's business district. It was relatively close to her apartment, but she'd never been interested in seeing what was going on in there. She got the feeling that it was geared too much toward the college students whose dorms were only a few miles away.

"Don't be scared," Wes said when she hesitated to get out. He had opened her door and extended his hand.

Tabitha took his hand and frowned at a trio of skinny young blondes in barely there outfits. "I guess I really was over-dressed," she muttered.

"I know this place isn't what we usually get into, but there are some people that insist on meeting you."

"What people?" Tabitha asked.

"My friends."

She tipped her head and wrinkled her nose. "You have friends?"

"Funny," said Wes dryly.

"Kidding," Tabitha said with a shrug.

"Its not a big deal...Jazzy and Clay are here."

"Well, at least I'll know someone." Tabitha sighed. "This whole meet-the-friends thing isn't really necessary," she said. "It's not like we're going to get married or something."

"You don't know that," he whispered.

Tabitha stopped short. "Wait...wait...wait."

Wes stopped walking and turned to look at her.

Her hazel eyes darted around nervously. "We're just having fun here, right. I mean, I'm not one of those girls on the fast track to marriage and kids. I don't want anything serious and if that's what you're looking for..."

Wes framed her face with his hands. "Calm down. We've been on four dates; I'm not trying to walk you down the aisle. We're just hanging out with my friends, okay?"

Tabitha smiled, immediately relaxed. "Okay. That's cool."

As soon as they walked in, Tabitha spotted Clay. He must have been watching the door for their arrival because he turned as soon as Wes opened the door. He had already started walking toward them when Tabitha walked in and saw him. Clay was easy to pick out of a crowd. First of all he was one of the tallest people in the bar. Then, there was the way he smiled when he saw her.

"Hello again, beautiful!" Clay said with a charming grin.

"Nice to see you too," said Wes.

Clay ignored his friend's sarcasm. "Please tell me you play pool, Tabitha. Wes sucks and I'm trying to get a partner that can help me win."

Tabitha smiled. "I don't play often, and I'm not very good, but I guess I could give it a try."

Wes rolled his eyes. "Isn't Jazzy your usual partner?"

Clay finally acknowledged Wes with a hug. "She's still at home. She's having a hard time putting Blake down."

"My nephew being stubborn? Never!" Wes chuckled.

They made their way over to a crowded table and Tabitha was introduced. She met Spencer, the drummer for Sickly Sweet, and his girlfriend Nora. Spencer was short, with buzzed blonde hair and dark eyes. Nora was even shorter than him and of Asian-descent from the slant of her black eyes and her long, straight, black hair. Then, there was Derrick, Mario, and Peter, all three single and obviously looking. Derrick was black, slightly darker than Tabitha and stocky. Mario was white with dirty blonde hair and Peter looked like a shorter, less attractive version of Wes, same shaggy dark hair, but with dark brown eyes.

The only other female there was Becca, a petite bottle blonde. Her brown eyes swept over Tabitha in a matter of seconds before her face settled into a look of apathy.

Wes partnered with Clay to play a game of pool against Derrick and Mario. Tabitha stayed at the table with Peter and Becca. She and Peter fell into easy conversation about the recently-released Porsche concept car. Peter was a mechanic and car-enthusiast and Tabitha had just seen the car online.

Becca yawned before she interrupted them. "So, Tabitha, are you a singer or something?"

Tabitha, half-way into a sentence, turned and looked at her. "Uh—no, I'm not. I'm actually an urban planner at a firm downtown."

"What does that mean?" Becca asked after a sip of her martini.

"We work with the local government to improve Hillsdale and a few of the surrounding cities."

Peter nodded. "So you're the one that throws up new buildings?"

"Not exactly," Tabitha explained. "We get a request...like if the mayor wants to update City Park...we brainstorm and put together ideas. We present the ideas and then get with the architects on the project to make it happen."

"So, what's the deal with you and Wes?"

Tabitha didn't like that question...it was totally loaded. "Uh...I don't really know. We're hanging out...having fun."

Becca tossed her hair and frowned. "How much fun?"

"Back off, Becca!"

Tabitha turned around to see Jazzy right behind her. She was wearing a dark green tube dress that hugged her curves and spiked black heels. "We all know you're waiting for Wes to fall in love with you, but it's not going to happen."

LaLaLady
LaLaLady
859 Followers
12