Table for One Ch. 04

Story Info
Spending time with her.
2.9k words
4.62
12k
10

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/29/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

OK so maybe this wasn't my finest idea. In fact I was questioning the whole logic side of my decision.

Civic duty? Bah!

Promising to cook a meal for a woman I'm trying to impress while knowing I only had a little over an hour? One word... Stupid!

"You're an idiot Carol! What made you think you could pull this off? A total blooming idiot! Stupid!"

Oh great! Now I was talking to myself! Just call me crazy and be done with it. You certainly wouldn't be wrong!

"Yes!"

Ok. Now I'm not so stupid. Stir fry. Everyone likes stir fry and I had everything I needed to make my special chicken and pine nut concoction.

Relief. I went into overdrive and for the next thirty minutes I chopped vegetables to perfection, lined them up in order of going into the wok. Had the chicken sliced and in the fridge waiting.

I looked at the clock and eeked out a squeal. I think I forgot to mention that I'd already had a shower before I started and while busying myself with dinner I'd done it with a simple emerald green satin wrap that fell to my feet.

I needed to get dressed! What the hell was I going to wear? I wanted something that...

Oh!

My!

God!

Please. Please. Please. Please don't be Raine.

Yep. There was someone knocking on the door. I patted down my hair and grimaced as I took a quick glance in the mirror beside the door. I inhaled and with my breath held I opened the door.

"Mrs Harman"

I have NEVER been happier to see that woman.

"Carol, the post man delivered this mail to the wrong box again." She held out a letter that looked like it'd been pawed over repeatedly.

"Thank you for hand delivering it. I do apologise but I really must go. I'm having a guest for dinner and..."

"Oh a nice young man?" her eyes lit up as she obviously hoped for some piece of juicy gossip.

"No. A female friend."

"Oh that's too bad. You're a young woman but you really need to think about settling down with a nice man and having a family."

"Still a lot of years left before I have to worry too much. I have to go now..."

"Don't wait too long and don't be too fussy. If you get an offer you should take it. I'll never understand why you let that young man go."

"Mrs Harman" My jaw clenched and I had to grip the envelope in both my hands so I didn't strangle the woman "As I said, thank you for..."

She reached out and grabbed my arm.

"I only want what's best for you dear. A woman of your... stature... shouldn't be too fussy."

"That's why she's with me."

Two feet away, looking like a runway model, Raine's anger rolled off her at the old woman's words.

Mrs Harman looked between Raine and I until finally the penny dropped.

"You're..."

I nodded my head "Yep. For her I am."

I saw the look of horror etch its way over her face and counted to see how long... she squealed a piercing shriek and snatched her hand away from my arm rubbing it down her side as if to wipe away any contagion.

Raine stepped in front of me, completely ignoring Mrs Harman, and reached to hold the back of my neck and lower her head to kiss me with such tenderness I could have lost myself in it forever.

Mrs Harman backed away stuttering words of hate, loathing and 'the devils work', shaking her head before she turned and rushed into her own apartment and slamming the door.

I found my arms going upwards to wrap around Raine's neck and shoulders. Her mouth pressed firmer and her tongue pushed forward to dance with mine.

"Hahum"

The word echoed through my brain until I couldn't deny the second time it was offered.

Raine reluctantly pulled her mouth away from mine and I whimpered at the loss.

"Uh... ladies?"

My head snapped towards the voice. It was the guy who owned the third unit on my floor. Mark had been a major contributor to my daily dose of eye candy. I grinned.

"Looking good there ladies but Carol you know..." he nodded towards the Mrs Harman's door.

Raine grinned and waved a hand in the air. "Been there. Done that."

"Yep. I think we just took twenty years off her life."

"Well if she stops by my place with mail..."

I waved the envelope in my hand and Mark groaned.

"Thanks Carol. Just..." he sighed "I might go out."

"She'll only get you tomorrow and tell you how you're never home."

"Oh hell. I forgot about that" he looked at me with a deep frown "You owe me."

"What do you want?" I grinned. Mark was a sucker for home cooked food.

"Surprise me."

"I will. Oh I'm sorry. Raine this is Mark... the other Mrs Harman target."

We chatted for a few minutes before Mark left us and we finally closed the world outside my front door.

I could feel Raine's eyes boring into me as I turned.

"So" she started "Do you usually open the door wearing a see through robe?"

I stood stunned for what could have easily been a life time but was in reality a mere three seconds. My arms flew around me in what I can only assume was a stupid gesture.

I squealed "I never knew this was so thin! Oh my God! I have to get dressed. I was about to when Mrs Harman knocked and then you came and then..."

Raine took a step closer, placed a bunch of perfect white carnations, that I hadn't even seen, on the entry table, then she moved to lean against me, she took hold of my face and looked into my extremely embarrassed eyes with mischievously sparkling ones.

"Breathe honey" Raine whispered "Breathe. I don't mind at all and it's only at certain angles and trust me, I made sure that Mark couldn't see you. And the old insulting bat?"

"I thought she was you."

"You think I'm an insulting old bat?" Raines nose wrinkled in mock disgust.

"No, no, no. I just thought you might be early and I.."

I heard Raine's hoarse whisper just before her lips trailed across the sensitive skin of my throat.

"So you wore it for me?"

"Oh God" I breathed out as my eyes shuttered closed and I lost myself in her touch before she moved away.

"Honey. Go and get dressed before I forget that I'm here to get to know you over dinner."

I nodded as she stepped away, my gaze drawn to her chest which heaved with her need to find control. I was definitely ok with forgetting dinner but obviously Raine wasn't.

"Please, have a seat. I won't be long. It's just stir fry. I hope that's ok?"

"Perfect. Now go." She raised her arm and pointed to the hallway door. I giggled at the dramatic 'game show' like action before finally leaving the room.

Have you ever had two minutes to get dressed to impress? Let me tell you I am not the queen of two minute makeovers! In fact, if I were to resemble anything I'd like to then I'd need at least an hour, maybe four but with two minutes my wardrobe found a new home on my floor, my bed... and anywhere else that happened to be in the way.

So what did I decide on? My favourite floral shirt that moved softly when I moved and a pair of three quarter pants. A quick brush back of my hair a clip, a flick of mascara and lip gloss and I was done.

I looked nothing like the gorgeous picture Raine presented me with tonight and that upset me until I heard her voice.

She was standing at the door of the kitchen with a spatula in her hand and she'd found my silly 'kiss the cook' apron and was wearing it.

"You look beautiful and just so you know I do like knowing I have a girl who doesn't take as long as me to get ready" she winked with a wicked little grin.

"Don't get used to it. This is a one off."

"One off or not I like the results. I hope you don't mind but I've taken over your kitchen. I wasn't sure how long..."

Her voice trailed off as I walked towards her.

"You..." I could see her swallow "You aren't wearing a bra!"

"I.. um" I grabbed my lower lip between my teeth. "Is that a problem? I didn't even think about it. I just wanted to get back out here and..."

"Oh honey. The only problem with the girls hanging free is that my mind's in overdrive wondering... nope" she pointed to the door again "no intelligent conversation will happen if you don't put one on."

I shook my head with amusement clearly on my face.

"Sooooo... does this mean I should put on panties too?"

Her eyes snapped to mine and I felt myself burning inside from the dark, passion filled brown eyes staring back at me. We stood there, neither moving as control was sought.

"You are a bad bad girl Carol" she inhaled deeply "go, get dressed properly so we can eat"

"I should be the one cooking."

"Nope" a definite shake of the head "not like that. Go now. Shoo!"

I couldn't help it. I laughed all the way to my room and quickly redressed before joining Raine in the kitchen. Seeing her there brought on a sense of contentment. It was if she belonged here.

Raine grinned at me suddenly and nodded her approval.

"Sorry honey, but I am just a simple woman and temptation is difficult to resist."

I walked to the side of the counter she was on. She had all the cooking in hand so I started getting what I needed to set the table.

"Chopsticks or fork?"

"Chopsticks."

It all seemed so... right.

"So, tell me about Mark. Have you known him long?"

"Oh, he moved in around a year ago with his wife."

"He's married?"

"Was. Well still is technically but his wife left him for an old flame."

"Oh that's sad. So he's all alone?"

I laughed.

"You've seen him Raine. He's gorgeous. He dates all the time. Girls are hanging off him."

"And you? Would you date him if he asked?"

"At one time maybe but we spend a bit of time together anyway so..."

Raine's frowned into the wok. Her hands moving quickly as she tossed ingredients into the stir fry.

"Would you fuck him?"

I put the water jug that I'd just got from the fridge down on the table with a thud and turned to look at Raine properly. Her body was tense and I'm pretty sure her jaw was so clenched it'd take more than a crowbar to jimmy it open.

"Pardon?"

"I just asked if you'd fuck him. You said..."

"Raine" I said softly.

"I guess it'd be easy seeing as he's..."

"Raine" I leant across the counter and placed a hand over hers "come here."

"Can't. Dinner will burn."

"And now it won't." I flicked the switch to warming, picked up Raine's hand again and tugged it in the direction of her coming around the counter. I slid out a chair and Raine sat down. Her face showed me the child behind the woman. The uncertainty; the fear.

Both feelings I knew well.

Raine tried to cross both her arms and legs as she stared at the floor. I wouldn't let her. Thankfully her skirt was full and made it easy for me to step between her legs and still leave her with her dignity. Her arms I wasn't so much worried about at that point, I just needed to be close.

I lifted her chin so she was looking at me. Her eyes... oh my god. My heart ached for what I saw there.

"Talk to me."

She shook her head.

"It's silly."

"How can it be silly if it's affecting you like this?"

Her arms wrapped around me and I gladly held her against me.

"I'm worried."

"About?"

"What if we do make a go of this and one day a guy like Mark comes along... maybe even him and you decide you want that instead. It's easier to be man and woman and not..."

"Not what I'm looking for. I've tried to be with men and yes, I still enjoy a bit of eye candy like Mark but that doesn't mean they're right for me."

Her head raised and her eyes, vulnerable, sad, searched mine.

"But how do you know that I'm the one for you?"

"I don't" I shrugged "just like you don't know if I'm right for you. You yourself said that you'd never been with a big woman before... well I'm taking a chance on you as well."

"One day at a time?" she asked tentatively.

"One day at a time" I confirmed with definite nod of my head.

I decided it was time for me to be bold.

"You know. I questioned whether I was a lesbian or bisexual because of my attraction to you."

"You did?" she sounded surprised.

"I did. You see I am attracted to women but there are things that women do together that I know I can't do. On the other hand" I traced a finger downwards over her chest "I quite like the fact that you have these."

Raine shivered as I traced my finger across the swell of her breasts. I heard her gasp as I approached the hardening point pushing through the pale purple material that covered them from view. I watched her face and the passion I felt was mirrored on hers. My hand covered the swelling skin and tightened briefly before letting go to do it all over again.

"Carol" her voice hoarsely whispered "please..."

"Please what baby? This?" I squeezed her nipple between my thumb and forefinger. "Or this?" I scooped her breast upwards and rolled it in my hand.

"Oh shit honey..." Raine's head dropped back, her beautiful brown orbs now closed and her mouth dropped open.

I wanted more than this, I wanted to taste this beautiful woman. I didn't know how far she'd let me go but I really wanted to see how she reacted to my mouth suckling on her breast.

I kissed her neck, trailing kisses over her sensitive skin. Her breath hitched and her hands grabbed my hips and pulled me closer.

"I want to see you baby" my free hand went to the hem of her shirt, lifting it slightly leaving no doubt as to what I wanted.

"Honey..." she gasped as my fingers plucked at her nipple.

I raised her shirt higher and sucked lightly over the pulse in her throat.

I felt the soft lace that stood between my hand and her bare skin. Looking down briefly I inwardly laughed in relief to know the clasp of her bra was at the front and not the back. Thank God I'm female and able to make short work of it with one hand. The delicate material parted and I groaned.

She was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Pink and perfect.

"Baby you're beautiful" I whispered.

"Honey please" she pleaded.

I lowered myself until my mouth found it's treasure. That hardened softness felt like a slice of heaven as I sucked my cheeks in gently and was immediately rewarded with a moan and pants from the woman above me.

My tongue traced the taut skin, lapping, licking and promising more.

I suckled. God it felt amazing! Raine's whimpers and tiny groans egged me on. Her arms wrapped around me and held me to her while her body jerked upwards.

I have no idea how long I held her in my mouth but when I felt her hands gently pushing at me I protested with a whimper which proved I wasn't ready to stop.

"Honey" she breathed out softly "we have to stop."

"Why?" My question was muffled against her skin.

"I don't want to embarrass myself honey. Please. We have to stop."

Ok. I stopped. I didn't want to. Hell I could have stayed there for a hell of a lot longer but I let bloody manners and respect take over.

My forehead rested on the skin above her breasts and I drew in the deepest breaths I ever have to calm myself down.

Raine held me with one arm and stroked my hair until my body returned to normal along with hers. I stood and she took my face into the palms of her hands and gently kissed me. It wasn't a kiss of passion but more a gentle act of caring.

"Thank you honey. That was wonderful."

My inner turmoil almost settled... but not quite.

"I'm so wet for you Raine."

Her eyes flashed something more before returning to the beautiful brown that called me in.

"I'm sorry honey. I just think it's too soon to go all the way.

"But we can... play... right?"

"Oh you bet we will. You owe me a taste of these beautiful tits" she kissed each of them quickly "but, now, it's time to eat."

"I think I might need to change" I giggled.

Where was that plastic now?

Raine reached and lightly tapped my butt and gently pushed me towards the door.

"Go then. I'll put out dinner."

"Ok." I honestly had no choice. I knew my pants were saturated so I headed to the door before I stopped and turned to see Raine fixing her clothes.

I grinned widely.

"Hey Raine?"

She turned her head to look at me "Yes honey?"

"Do you like ice-cream?"