Tainted Ch. 01

Story Info
Mark's future unfolds in a way he never would of expected.
5.4k words
4.59
12.9k
54
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Hello! I hope you enjoy my story! I haven't written anything before but hopefully you still enjoy it. I'm planning on doing a big, multipart series with both plot and sex. I'd like to see if I can get any good reviews before committing though. Anyways, enjoy!


Mark almost didn't hear the piercing wail of his alarm clock through his dream. He was chasing after a bikini clad blonde along a shore of some white sanded beach with the hot summer sun shining down. While she looked comfortable in the summer air with exposed skin and a barely working black bikini to hold her feminine curves, he was sweating and couldn't figure out why he was wearing a winter parka. Her laughter filled the air until it faded into the jarring sound of his alarm woke him from unconsciousness.

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Mark looked down to realize why he was sweating in the already fading dream. He fell asleep wearing both a sweater and track pants from the previous night. Mark recalled his run with Sam and let out a puff of hot air.

Sam was a tease, but a friend and for Mark, friends were hard to come by. Mark unfortunately had a tendency to be pretty average. He never really excelled nor failed, wasn't amazingly handsome or horribly disfigured, never got in trouble but wasn't particularly a saint. Because of these qualities, Mark never really fit in anywhere but at the same time he did. At school he was welcomed at almost every table at lunch. Everyone knew him and he knew everyone, but he just couldn't find a permanent place.

The cool water of the shower felt good as Mark remembered the swaying butt of the girl in his dream. As his dream faded from memory, a more familiar rear end took over his daydreaming. Sam's praise worthy ass, covered in black spandex, from their run last night came to the forefront. Mark rolled his eyes to try to get her out of his head. Failing horribly as his cock started coming to life.

Mark still did not know if she was teasing him purposefully or if it was just part of her charm. She was 5'8 blonde bombshell. Sam was lean and soft in all the right places. Carrying both an impressive chest and equally appealing ass, Sam was both every high school boy's wet dream and every high school girl's envy. To top the cake, she had a stunning face and a very likable personality. She was probably the reason he wasn't a loner at school.

Sam dragged him along to parties and hangouts, made him join her and her friends on group trips. And now she dragged him along on hour long runs. Mark was still sore from last night. He turned the water warmer and let the water work into his sore muscles. The pain was not the worst of it. Sam was a tease. Mark remembered agreeing to go running with her because she couldn't find anyone else and regretted it the moment he saw her workout attire.

After going outside to put on his shoes, he saw her jogging down her street. She wore all black except the pink Nikes. Her light, skin tight sweater accented the shape of chest, giving them a nice firm bounce with every foot fall. Her spandex tights looked, well, tight. Her shapely, but lean legs looked both strong and appealing. When she saw him she was all smiles and waves. Sam could have done a jogging ad on the spot. The worst was when they started jogging though. Her tights were apparently too small and kept riding up the gap between her ass cheeks, both lifting them up and giving them an accented shake with each step. Sam wanted to run down narrow trail paths where they couldn't run side by side. Mark felt guilty because he couldn't stop staring at her butt, wondering if she was wearing anything underneath.

Mark always treated her with respect. He didn't make a forward move the first time they met and never openly gazed her like other guys did. Quite simply, he thought she was out of his league, and as a result never even tried to make a move. This was the reason why Sam stuck with Mark. Of course, she knew that Mark was physically attracted to her, they all were at the end of the day, but she felt comfortable around him enough to even tease him a little. Sam herself was never overly attracted to Mark. He looked average with his shaggy black hair and strong body from playing sports. His eyes though is what girls thought was most attractive about him. They were blue like the sea but would change tone depending on his mood. She loved the striking, bright blue they usually were. But, at the end of the day he was her best friend, and just that.

Sometime while soaping up and daydreaming about Sam, Mark's hand made its way to his hard shaft. Images of him slipping his cock between Sam's ass cheeks took root. He imagined her soapy skin, so warm and soft, rubbing along his veiny cock. His grip tightened and Mark started stroking his tool slowly. He rubbed his thumb over the crown and imaged her wet hole opening for him. She's looking behind, cheeks flushed and biting her lip, waiting for him to slide his cock in her dripping wet pussy...

KNOCK KNOCK.

"Are you getting out anytime soon? I have to shower too you know!" a voice yelled from behind the door. Kayla or Kay as everyone called her, was the owner of that voice.

Fuck,he thought as an image of her lips around his cock flashed in his mind. The interruption shook Mark back to reality, letting go of his engorged tool. "I'll be out in a sec!" he yelled back as he reacted for the tap. With the shower off, Mark dried off and wrapped the towel around his waist and tried to hide his worked up erection.

Kay had a tendency to come in at the worst of times. She was her step-father's daughter from a previous marriage. His mother, Julie, married Adam, Kay's father, roughly a year and a half ago. He had no problem with both of them and tried to make the transition as smooth as possible for his mother. Mark never met or knew his father, who left his mother during her pregnancy with him. It was nice to see her happy, and would do whatever he could to make her happy.

Mark left the washroom to Kay, who looked away with a quick laugh the moment the door opened. The little brunette was always quirky so it never fazed Mark until he got into his room and realized his cock failed to deflate.

****

October had begun his descent into colder weather, changing the the colour of leaves and sending squirrels into a panic as they started their preparation for winter. Mark was smiling fainting while staring out the window of his classroom. A vibration in his pocket drew his attention from two squirrels wrestling for food. He pulled out his phone and had a text message from Sam who was sitting behind him.

You better pay attention or miss will lose it on you again ;)

Btw, jogging tonight?

Mark replied,I'm sure I'll live. And sure.

A few moments and his phone vibrates again.Thanks hun, you're the best!

Mark's face formed a doubtful smirk before looking at his notes and drawing tornadoes in between his chicken scratch.

****

Sam surveyed the items scattered around the old antique shop. Normally this isn't a place you would not find her in, but today she wanted to pick up something for her friend Mark for his upcoming birthday. She knew him since they were kids and had a feeling she could find a one of kind item for her best friend.

The shop itself was tucked away on a side street in the middle of town. It was easy to pass by and not even glance at it. It had a vintage look and feel, as if it was meant for a different age but still seemed relatively new. Lots of a stained wood and open windows to let in natural light, but for some reason the shop seem unnaturally dark.

Sam looked at an odd desk lamp,he wouldn't like that... well, I don't think anyone would.It was covered in a thick layer of dust that made it more unappealing.Hmm, what does he need, or want. I wish I tried to get ideas earlier, if only this place didn't have so much junk in it.She promptly put down a disturbing looking, skeleton shaped letter opener. She didn't even want to wonder who would buy that sort of thing.

Walking to the nearest wall, Sam look along the shelves of many items. Pots, mirrors, mugs, frames, paperweights, rusted items and more littered the shelves. A pale item caught her attention in what dim light shone through the store. She took a few steps closer before she froze.

Her eyes strained to tell if the skull was fake or not. She's never seen a real one before, but just for looking she could tell it wasn't plastic. Lines the width of a single hair danced around the skull in broken patterns, but as Sam took another step she saw they were cracks. The skull had an off white colour while saturated dirt seemed to seep into its old cracks.

Sam slowly drifted closer to the skull to touch, and she felt compelled to do so. She had to find out if it was real or not. She lifted her hand to grasp the skull and froze when the floorboard behind her let out a sharp creek.

"Hello dear, " an old raspy voice started, "Looking for some theatre props? I have quite the selection."

Sam turned around with relief to find a little old lady, "I'm actually looking for a gift for a friend."

"Oh I see, anything in particular?" She smiled.

"Not really, really drawing a blank if you know what I mean."

"Of course dear, of course," the small shop keeper started wobbling back to the front desk. "Gifts wouldn't be gifts if they were easy to find now, would they?" she continued as Sam followed. "Who's the gift for if I may ask?"

"My friend Mark Vats."

"Ah! Such a good boy Mark is! He comes in at least once every other week to help clean around the here," she exclaimed happily.

"Oh, I didn't know that, that's nice of him," Sam couldn't help but feel pride in her friend. He was always a good person at heart.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised if his mother made him though," the old lady chuckled. "Anyways, I think you might be in luck," she waddled away again through a brown curtain. She returned carry a massive book that hunched frame didn't look like it could support. "Here you go my dear. I've had this for a long time and figured it was about time I got rid of it. He'll love it," she offered a tooth filled smile.

While the storekeeper looked sure of herself, Sam on the other hand was a little wary. When the massive book was placed on the table she could see it was no ordinary book. It had a hard black leather cover that was trimmed in black metal. The old leather showed signs of ageing but not wear. The binding was the same combination of hard leather and metal. "Are you sure?" she asked carefully.

"Oh yes, it's a one of kind book," the shopkeeper replied reassuringly. Sam considered the book. It definitely was one of a kind.

She examined the strange star shaped lock and thought,Well, he does love books,before giving in. "Well, if you say so. How much?" Sam asked pulling out her wallet.

"This is on the house dear. Mark has never taken payment for anything he's done here."

"Are yo-" Sam was interrupted.

"Yes dear," she confirmed as she started placing the heavy book in a paper bag. "Besides, it's about time he had a life changing read," she added as she handed over the package and walked Sam out the door.

"Thank you, this is very nice of you."

"Oh anything for Mark my dear. Now get going before I change my mind!" The old lady joked before closing the shop door, but in reality, she knew exactly what she was doing.

****

The air grew bitter cold toward the end of October, signalling the winter to come. For some that was a joy, for others it was grief. But for Mark it didn't matter, he just wanted October to be over.

"You know I hate Halloween," Mark rolled his eyes.

"Is it because it take the attention away from your birthday?" Sam joked while eating popcorn. They were sitting in the living room at marks house watching TV after their nightly run.

"If you eat anymore popcorn you'll defeat the purpose of running."

"I go running so I can eat popcorn," she smiled as scooped a handful into her mouth. "Anyways, why don't we do something this year? Maybe dress up and go out. Maybe swing by a party?"

Mark knew what she wanted to do and what it implied. Sam was always the life of the party, dancing and drinking, laughing along with her friends and the guys who made passes at her. He would just sit to the side, talk to a few people over a cold beer then call it a night.

The look in her eyes hinted at something more, "Who's party did you get invited too?" And the moment the words left his lips he knew he hit the nail on the head.

Sam repositioned herself so she was facing Mark and said, "Jake." At that, Mark only rolled his eyes and focused on the television. "Oh come on! He's not that bad," she replied defensively while waving her arm and leaning forward.

The low cut white tank top did nothing to hide her cleavage from Mark. He felt himself drawn to the soft valleys of her tits. She was one of the bigger chested girls in final year. While they weren't the biggest, they were still way above average. Mark mentally steadied himself and forced himself to look intently at her face. Her green eyes had a plead in them with a slight hint of mischievousness. She was seducing him and he knew it. "Fine," he said regrettably.

Sam threw her arms around Mark's neck and said, "Thanks hun," though Mark didn't really hear the words when he felt the soft skin of her chest press against his arm.

"No worries," he swallowed. When Sam pulled away he stared at his friend. She would never consider him a prospect. Even though he knew everything about her and she even sometimes flirted with him. They were childhood friends that never grew apart, they will even be attending the same college next year. He had some concept of where his life was heading, but at the end of the day he had no clue. Mark was always trying to find his place, but nothing seemed to fit. He looked back to his novel and got lost in its adventure, trying to find his place in imaginary worlds that would soon become reality.

****

Mark finally sat up in his bed after hours of tossing and turning. His birthday always caused him anxiety and he never knew why. A pressure would build in his chest a few days before and leave a few days after, but it was always the worst of his birthday. That disturbing pressure is what kept him up all night.

Mark turned the alarm off before it began its horrible wail and headed to the shower. The dull pressure in his chest was still bothering him and he tried to use the shower head to wash away the almost painful feeling inside him. No invading thoughts of his best friend or even what he would be getting today for his birthday entered his mind. Dread seemed to seep from his chest to the rest of his body. The water was running got, but the heat never worked its way into his. Giving up the simple joys of showering, he finally turned off the tap.

The mirror was slightly fogged with moisture, but Mark could still clearly see himself when he drew the curtain. Puberty was starting to be good to Mark after a rough beginning. His skin cleared up, the jogging was keeping him slim and strong, and his face was shifting in small ways. He remembered the lanky venison of himself and chuckled, he was happy he could walk without tripping over everything. He checked his package in the mirror to make sure everything was alright even though he already had half a dozen times in the shower. Mark was content with what he had. To him, beginning perfectly average was nothing to complain about.

Suddenly, the power flickered in the bathroom. Mark didn't remember hearing a report about a thunderstorm today nor was it storming when he woke up. The lights flickered again, this time only one of the two lights beside the sandwiched mirror stayed on. Darkness seemed to sweep into the room, the one functioning light struggling to not be overwhelmed. It started to shutter hard again and every time it turned off for a split second a pair of red eyes stared back at him through the mirror. They appeared to hang suspended in the air by nothing. They startled him and made him uneasy as they seemed to peer into his soul. He reach for the door knob to leave when the light shuttered again, both turning on and cleansing the room with light. Mark lost track of his spot on the mirror, where the eyes were, when the light flickered and couldn't find them again.I must really not be feeling good,he thought as he started rubbing his chest, over his heart, to try and release the built up pressure there. The whole event only happened over a few seconds. He must still be sleeping, he thought.

He reached for the door knob, steady in himself with a deep breath, but those eyes still haunted him even though he knew he had to be seeing things. He was still thinking about them when something jumped at him when he opened the door.

"Happy birthday Mark!" She happily threw her arms around his neck and pulled him in close, close enough to make his eyes bulge. Kayla was wearing a thin cotton shirt, so thin that her breast felt compressed against his bare chest. The moisture that still clung to his skin now clung to Kayla's shirt, making the fabric slightly more see through, clearly hinting at the dark nipple a beneath.

"Um.. Thanks Kay," Mark replied stiffly, trying not to look at Kayla's chest. Kayla opened her mouth to say something, but then covered a quick laugh with her hand and walked pointedly into the washroom.

Mark shrugged it off and walked back to his room. Mark thought Kayla was odd, but sometimes he didn't even understand her. Although, after taking off his towel he understood her laughter, again. He wasn't in a good mood, but someone else was.

***

Mark's day was filled with birthday wishes and candy. Even though he was older and would be leaving this upcoming fall for college, he still secretly loved candy as it was the only thing he found enjoyable about the day.

It was just after dinner when Mark's phone vibrated, letting him know that Sam was on her way. He was just finishing getting ready when Sam walked into his room.

"Birthday Boy?" Sam started laughing when she saw the pin on Mark's sweater which read,Birthday Boy!

"Original, right?" Mark smiled back as she was still laughing. He sighed on the inside when he saw her costume. Sam was a sexy Nascar driver, covered in black leather with red stripes. She would have looked the part if her midriff wasn't exposed and didn't look like the sexiest thing on the planet. The zipper down the front of jacket barely held her breast in leather covered goodness. They shifted with every breath and looked ready to burst out at any moment. This didn't help Mark's heart rate when she bent over to rummage through her overnight bag. The tight fitting leather stretched tightly over Sam's ass and crotch, leaving little the imagination as Mark was staring like a deer in headlights.

Mark looked away when she straightened out and turned to give him a wrapped present, "Happy Birthday!" She said happily. The gift looked like it weighed a lot and was confirmed when he took it from Sam's hands. The wrapping paper came off easily, revealing a hard black leather and metal frame. The book, Mark realized, was one he saw in the back of the old shop he helped at. He recalled the old shopkeeper, Ann, and how she made sure that he never touched it and realized it was probably being saved for him.

"Thanks, it's great," he said, looking up at Sam and smiling.

"I thought you would like it," she gave Mark a quick hug. The feeling of Sam's body against his cause his blood to head south. He detached himself quickly and looked down at he book again. The cover and metal frame unlike anything he ever seen before. The book seemed to be locked and a quick look confirmed that. There were no markings on the book or any visible way to open it. Something drew Mark to this item, it tugged on his soul.

12