Taking a Trip to the Dog Park

Story Info
My Own Vague Expressions of Love.
992 words
2.25
20.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SlyDog969
SlyDog969
572 Followers

It is not easy having a pet in the city working all the time not being home as much I would like to spend time with my pet. My wife and I adopted a pure breed collie when she just 6 weeks old. She grew up to be a beautiful creature, regal looking in her stature.

She is 5 years old now, certainly she is not a puppy any more but she still has a lot of life and a lot love left in her and she has added so much to my life just having her around even though I don't show it as much as I probably should.

We live in a townhouse with very little yard to speak of. I always felt bad that she was so unduly constrained by the physical confines and all the rules and restrictions that city life imposes on a poor creature that was always meant to run free.

I knew it was cruel to keep her locked up in the house all the time. I knew she was a beautiful thing that needed to be cared for and looked after but that she also needed to run free and experience her true nature as God had originally intended.

When I brought out her leash she would always get excited and starting running around the room in circles, for her it was not a symbol of being restrained but rather of being released to go out and experience the world. Accepting the leash I put on her she knew she would soon know the freedom that she craved and that I wanted her to have.

She was always excited about riding in the car and going places. She always savored every single second we were out and about, drinking in the sights and sounds wanting to experience all of the new things that she could not enjoy in the limited confines of our comfortable little home.

When we arrived at the dog park I took the leash off, even though she was still wearing a collar indicating who she belong to, she still knew that she now had the opportunity to be free to roam and explorer the world.

She immediately pranced over to a group of dogs of all shapes and sizes wagging her tail to show her intention. She liked to make new friends and did so easily. They immediately accepted her as a new member of their group and she was soon eagerly running back and forth playing with them, teasing them trying to get them to chase her.

She was a good girl she always stayed in areas where I could watch her so that I would know that she was alright. She would occasionally stop and look back at me just to make sure I was still there watching over her, I would give her a reassuring smile and she would resume her playing with her new friends, comforted in the knowledge she wasn't doing anything wrong in my eyes.

I let her run and play for nearly an hour, romping around the park exploring every strange new and exciting place waiting to be discovered by her and her new group of friends.

I didn't have to call her when it was time to go she always knew from my facial expressions and body language when it was time. She came to me gladly offering herself to me so I could attach the leash to her collar. I smiled patted her on the head and told her what a good girl she was.

She never begrudged that she had to leave but was happy to have had that uninterrupted time of unconstrained freedom and was now just as happy and excited about returning home with me.

She gave so much love and asked for so little in return I felt bad I could not give her more and didn't take her out more often.

She enjoyed the trip going home every bit and as enthusiastically as the trip when we left. She enjoyed coming home and always gave me a nudge on the cheek when we arrived. When she returned to the safety and confines of our home and when I would remove her leash she would always give out a friendly low volume bark to proclaim she was home.

I went to the cupboard and got her a treat and placed in her bowl. She didn't go after right away but rather sat there obediently looking for me to give her permission to have it. I smiled my approval and told her to go ahead and enjoy it.

She would eat it as I patted her head and told her she had earned it and that she deserved it. I wasn't really sure if she knew what I was trying to say but I hoped she understood.

Afterward, the look of appreciation in her eyes melted my heart and made me want to give her the whole box. I didn't though, I knew it wasn't good for her, and so did she, so I put it back in the cupboard for the next time she earned a reward for being a good girl.

I washed her and brushed her coat petting her stroking her back caressing and gently touching her head lightly scratching behind her ears.

After getting the love and affection she needed from me she retreated to her bed in the corner of the kitchen and drifted off to sleep no doubt dreaming about her time running in the park.

I put away her leash and washed up.

I quietly crept up the stairs to the master bedroom where my lovely wife was sleeping.

She also had her own little romp in the park last night too.

I slipped into bed cuddling up next to her wanting to reward my other good girl and give her the special love and affection she also needed and deserved.

SlyDog969
SlyDog969
572 Followers