Taking the Risk: Misha's Story Ch. 13

Story Info
Breaking up with Tracy, Suzanne tumbles back into his life.
1.9k words
4.35
8.5k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shandal
shandal
290 Followers

For those that wanted to know more about Misha before he met Froo, here is his story and how he came to be in England which is where he met her and fell in love,, and his time with Suzanne the woman in his past.

His passion for Suzanne becomes an obsession, as she plunges down into a self destructive whirlpool, so for those that believe that life's many experiences make up a rich and interesting tapestry....here is Misha's story.

To read about Misha and Froo please read the companion story Taking the Risk Chapter's 1-21 under Novels and Novellas.

*

Picking up the pace as he ran next to John, his heart beat accelerating, and his right leg starting to ache where the break had been from his car accident when he was in his early twenties, Misha looked across the shimmering waters of the Reservoir towards the fantastic skyline of Manhattan.

He loved these early morning runs in Central Park with John. The two of them running in peace and quiet, two circuits of the large expanse of water, as the morning sun hit the calm water and sparkles of reflected light mingled with the images laying on the deep water surface. The smell of Cherry Blossom in Spring hit him as he ran, and he thought about how he would miss all of this now his plans to move to England were coming to fruition.

Christmas had been and gone, and his relationship with Tracy was easy and calm, just like the surface of the water. No flare ups, no explosions and no stress. Calm but boring.

The sex between them had settled into steady and relaxed couplings, no excitement, no heart-stopping moments. Just calm but boring sex.

He liked her company, found her funny and easy to be with, enjoyed her clever mind, but there was no spark, no burning need to be with her, or grab her, or even bury himself deep inside of her. Just and overwhelming calm and boring nothingness, and even after all this time, and all the problems that came with her, he missed Suzanne. Missed the excitement she brought with her, the hot and dirty sex, the looks she had given him that turned him on, knowing that when they were in a crowd of people and they would get home they would be making out, stripping off their clothes before even the front door was closed.

How he missed the laughter, the zany eclectic humour they shared and even the monumental arguments, followed by the making up.

The making up always ending up in bed. If only she could of stayed clean. If only she hadn't played around. But if only's were no good. They meant nothing.

Slowing up his pace to cool down, he glanced across at John, the sweat rolling down his neck and back, and moving to a walk he asked him in a gasping voice, "Thought anymore about seeing if you can get that transfer to the London Branch?"

"Yeah, and I'm seriously getting more and more interested in doing it. You still serious about going?"

"Mmm... I've spoken to my Uncle and he's investing some money in my company as the silent partner. With the inheritance and my savings I can do it. I've got my business plan and costing's, done the research, and made contact with a number of suppliers. It's just a matter of when, not if."

"What about Robin and Joanie? Have you spoken to them about going?"

"Yeah, but Joanie's not sure. Robin say's he's game, he can do his writing from anywhere. If we both go, he'll follow."

"The three Musketeers. All for one and one for all!"

Smiling he said, "More like the Mousekateers John."

Leaning against the railings he looked out over the vast area, breathing deeply, filling his lungs with the air. "I'm thinking of breaking up with Tracy."

"Misha, you kidding! She's lovely, and you both seem so good together."

"The spark is just not there."

"What spark? What do you want? She's a sweet girl. Uncomplicated and nice. What are you looking for?"

"I don't know. I just know Tracy's not it."

"You want Suzanne don't you?.... Misha she was bad news for you.....Stop hankering over her, she's gone. It's finished. Let go and move on."

"I have moved on John. But I know Tracy is just not the one, and it would be crueler carrying on. I'm going to be gone in August if everything goes to plan. Better I finish it now than later."

Shaking his head as they started to walk back to the exit and home, John told his friend, "You were as addicted to the excitement and unpredictability of going out with Suzanne as she was to the coke and the drink."

"Maybe John, but I know I need more than I have with Tracy."

*

He felt like a complete heel as he looked at her, tears welling up in her eyes, the look on her face one of devastation. It was never easy breaking up and telling someone that you no longer wanted to go out with them, but doing this with someone that had done nothing to hurt you, who was only nice and friendly, whom he had been seeing for the past three months was very difficult, but he knew in his heart he wanted to do it.

If their relationship drifted on he would only have to go through the same scene later on before he left for England, and then it would be so much harder.

"Have I done something wrong?" her wavering voice asked.

"No sweetheart, it's not you....it's me... I'm sorry...you are a lovely person, and I really like you...but...."

"But you don't want to see me anymore...?"

Shuffling he feet, he told her the usual rubbish, trying to get it over and done with, without a scene, "Tracy...we could still be friends, I really like you as a friend, but I'm going over to England in August to live, and over the next couple of months I will be going back and forth over there, concentrating on setting everything up, so it would be unfair to you to carry this on......"

"I thought we had an understanding.... that you really cared for me....all those times at each others places..."

"I did care for you...I do care for you...but...."

"...not enough to carry on?"

"No..."

It was over. He was unattached again. Maybe that was the best thing for him, to be unattached and concentrate on planning his future. Bending down to kiss her cheek, he told her goodbye, before walking away, his stomach tight with sorrow at doing that to someone as nice as Tracy, but his head feeling lighter for being on his own once again.

*

Sitting at his laptop he was surfing on the web trying to find some furniture to buy and have delivered to the new apartment. He had done the final paperwork on buying the place, the one he had seen on his visit over last year when his grandmother was dying.. He had bought it during a week long visit to Guildford last week when he had gone to see his mother and meet up with people to get the new business set up. He was moving forward fast, getting his plans in place, his life on track, his new business set, in a new country, with a new home.

Moving forward, it gave him a good feeling. Optimistic and excited he sat scanning sites on the laptop, planning how his new home would look.

John had the transfer to the London Branch of the Bank sorted and was following out a month afterwards, and Robin and Joanie had agreed to join in the adventure, telling him that they would go over at the same time, rent out a place in London and try it out for a trial period to see how it all pans out.

Relieved that his friends would be with him in the UK he was enjoying relaxing, feet up on the coffee table, surfing on the laptop, a Sam Cooke CD playing in the background, black coffee by his feet on the table when the phone rang. Absentmindedly reaching for the handset he murmured, "Yeah, Misha....." into the speaker, only to hear back a frantic female voice that turned his body cold.

"Misha, it's Arlene, Suzanne's friend....you remember....I used to share a place with her...it's Suzanne....you have to come over and help...she's here...she's in a bad way...can you get over here straight away?"

Clearing his throat he answered after a while, "Suzanne and I aren't together......"

"I know...I just don't know who else to turn to....I just need some help with her...please come over and help...she needs you...please."

Putting down the laptop and standing up, the handset close to his ear, his eyes closed as he stood up, feeling the heavy mantle of worry settle back onto his shoulders, he told her, "Can't you take her to the hospital?"

"Please come...please!"

"OK...I'll get a cab over...how bad is she?"

"She's been on a three day bender. Please hurry." and then the phone went dead in his ear. Grabbing his jacket and keys he left the quiet and settled atmosphere of his tiny apartment and hailing a cab in the street made his way over to the nightmare that he knew he was going to be dragged into awaiting him.

*

He stood looking down at her, Arlene and another girl standing each side of him.

"She's been staying with us for the past couple of weeks. She turned up at the door with an overnight bag and asked if she could sleep her until she got herself sorted out, but all she's done is got her self smashed, and we need her out."

She sat slumped on the floor leaning against the wall, her hair a dirty matted mess, clothes dirty and rumpled, face showing the drink and drugs, eyes closed half conscious. Not the Suzanne he had loved, but the addict Suzanne. The past five months had not been kind to her.

Kneeling down in front of her he asked over his shoulder, "Where was she staying before here?"

"With some guy...he threw her out...I guess he couldn't cope either..."

"Where's her stuff?"

"Over there. I've packed everything in her bag. Can you take her?"

Standing back up he nodded, "OK....Call a cab...I'll take her back to my place....get me a strong cup of black coffee and a wet flannel and towel."

It had started again. He bent down and picking her up gently asked her, "Suzanne....can you hear me?...It's Misha....can you stand up?...come on sweetheart...try standing."

Arms holding her up he walked her around, talking quietly to her as he tried to get her sobered up. She looked up at him with bleary eyes, "Sugar...is that you?"

"Yes baby, it's me...come on...keep walking....I've come to get you baby....I need you to walk for me...come on."

In a slurring voice she told him, "I've missed you Misha....where have you been?....you should have been there for me....I needed you."

Handing him the coffee and wet flannel, Arlene stood back watching as the tall man gently sat the drunken woman down and with his arm around her helped her to drink the coffee, murmuring reassuring words to her, telling her everything was going to be alright. Stepping back she joined her other flatmates, the looks going between them saying how relieved that they were that Suzanne soon would stop being their problem and leave their care, into Misha's.

A problem passed onto someone else. At only twenty five, that's what Suzanne had now become. Something to be passed forward onto someone else.

Misha was the one person who really cared.

shandal
shandal
290 Followers