Talkin' In Your Sleep

Story Info
After Tammy cheated, I wondered about my Destiny.
20.6k words
4.55
132.3k
111
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,806 Followers

Hey Folks. Here's another story of woe and regret. Again I'm blessed to have Barney-R editing it. This one is shorter since some of you like that. Let's see how it goes.

* * * * *

It's said that every criminal deserves his day in court. I was facing the first of two. This first one would be the hardest. Although I wasn't the star of this one, I was very involved. My loving wife had the distinction of being the focus of this investigation. Nearly everyone in town had gathered to see a civil suit. It was a severe impairment suit brought about by the wife of the victim. She alleged that my wife was directly responsible for the loss of her husband's ability to function normally and or earn an income and provide for his family.

The DA was sure that he couldn't get a conviction on murder charges or even assault charges against Tammy, so he hadn't filed any charges. That had angered Samantha to the point that she decided to sue Tammy for the loss of her husband's ability to function.

Two women who were once, if not the best of friends, at least cordial ones, were now arguing tooth and nail over what happened to the asshole that one of them used to be married to. My wife Tammy claimed that what had happened to Bob had been a terrible and tragic accident that she herself was in no way responsible for. Samantha on the other hand maintained that it was Tammy's fault that Bob was in a place that he never should have been in. She also maintained that Tammy was directly responsible not only for pushing Bob into the place he ended up, but for negligence in maintaining a safe environment in said place.

What neither of them realized was that what happened to Bob wasn't exactly an accident. It had been forseen and calculated if not planned or executed. The random nature of the incident was what made it so brilliant. I had my own opinions on who was at fault. I believe that Bob himself was directly responsible for what happened to him. And I myself was indirectly responsible, since I had actually set those random events in motion. I was not a suspect though. And I was keeping my mouth shut.

I was there to provide some insight into the device that led to what happened to Bob. I got out of my Black 2012 Mustang in the parking lot adjacent to the courthouse. There was a crowd of people already gathered there. I noticed the District Attorney and one of his assistants walking towards the courthouse as I summoned the courage to brave the crowd. I thought it was interesting that in this case, the DA had declined to forward charges, waiting to see what happened in the civil suit. Usually the process went the other way.

I saw an older couple moving quickly towards me. The man grabbed my shoulder and turned me around to face him.

"Dave you have to help her," he said. "I don't know what happened to her. She sure isn't the little girl I raised, but she's still the woman you married. I think it was a hormone imbalance or temporary insanity that led to it. But despite all of that, she loves you. She has maintained that throughout this nightmare."

"I'm not sure what I should do or even what I CAN do Mr. Miller," I said to him. He looked hurt. "I'm not really here to say anything about Tammy. From what I understand, I'm only going to be answering questions about the device. Besides that I have to be very careful what I say about Tammy personally because my words, if entered into the public record as part of this trial could affect my divorce." He looked as if I had punched him in the gut without warning.

"So things have gotten that bad?" he asked sadly. "When did I become MISTER MILLER instead of DAD?" It was a really awkward moment and for a second neither of us knew what to say.

"Her lawyer may have decided to ask you a few personal questions in reference to Tammy's character and personality. Since I'm warning you about them, you could instruct your friend's lawyer to allow them, or just to allow a couple of them before he objects," he said. "And as far as this divorce goes, it's really bullshit. There shouldn't be a divorce. The two of you should be going to counseling and working on putting this whole tragic incident behind you." He looked around as we both noticed the couple walking towards us at the same time.

"I think that you should walk into that courtroom and sit beside her," he continued. "I know that right now you're still shocked and hurt and angry about this whole thing, but dammit Dave, you have to put your petty feelings and ego aside here and stand by your woman."

"Are you harassing a witness?" asked a deeper voice. My soon to be ex-father in law was interrupted by another older man. This one also had his wife with him. "Leave him alone and just let justice prevail," said the newcomer. "Maybe I should alert the judge that you were out here trying to influence the witness to help your murderous whore of a daughter. Dave is the victim here. He's better off without that bitch."

Tammy's dad turned and punched the other man, Bob's dad, in the face. Within seconds the two sixty plus year old men were fighting and rolling on the ground in the parking lot while their wives hissed and spat at each other. I turned and continued towards the courthouse as the building's security squad descended on the scene and separated the combatants.

When I finally made it into the courtroom, Tammy's lawyer directed me to the bench where she sat. I shook my head and walked across to a seat in the third row of the opposite side. Two rows ahead of me, I saw a waterfall of crimson curls as Samantha took her seat.

Within a few moments the trial began. The lawyers postured and sparred as they went about presenting their cases. Samantha's lawyer started out by talking about Bob. He was described as a very popular local business owner and man of the people. The lawyer painted a picture of a Bob that made him seem nearly saint-like.

Then Tammy's lawyer refuted all of the accolades that his opponent had presented. He painted Bob as an evil and conniving sexual predator who lured unsuspecting women into kinky and bizarre sexual machinations while ignoring his own wife. He also threw in the fact that Samantha's sexual frigidity may have been what spurred Bob to pursue his extra-curricular relationships. He maintained that Samantha knew what Bob did and often threw other women to the wolves herself, so she didn't have to participate.

The reporters from the local and a few state and national papers were having a field day with the suggestive legal fireworks. They would undoubtedly sell an unbelievable number of papers before the case was over.

I wasn't called to testify for over an hour. My lawyer had arrived by then, and I told him about Mr. Miller's request. "Hell no," he spat. He ducked low, supposedly so he wouldn't distract anyone from Tammy's lawyer's soliloquy. He whispered something to Samantha's lawyer who nodded and whispered back.

Although, I wasn't on trial here, my lawyer had decided to come for the trial. He wanted to be here to prevent me from doing anything to hinder my efforts to divorce Tammy. He and Samantha's lawyer had shared information since Sam was also divorcing Bob.

I stepped up towards the witness stand and was sworn in. Tammy's lawyer made a big show of smiling at me as he came over to me.

"Can you state your name for the court and describe your relationship with the defendant and the unfortunate Mr. Enthrust?" he asked.

"My name is David Pike," I said calmly. "I was ... I am currently married to Tammy Pike. Bob Enthrust is my neighbor, golf buddy and until recently my friend."

"You've heard Mr. Enthrust described two different ways. To some he was described as being an angel and to others, he was close to being the devil himself. How did you feel about him?" he asked.

"Objection!" yelled Samantha's lawyer.

"On what grounds?" asked the judge.

"The witness is obviously hostile towards Mr. Enthrust because of the illicit nature of the relationship between Mr. Enthrust and Mrs. Pike," said Sam's lawyer.

"Sustained," said the judge.

Tammy's lawyer backed off and began another line of questioning. "Mr. Pike do you recognize this implement?" he asked me.

I looked at it. "Yes," I said. "I believe that I made it."

"How did you come to make it and when did you do so?" he asked.

"I guess I did it because I love Tammy," I said. I paused and shook my head. I squeezed my hands together while gritting my teeth. "What I meant to say is that I LOVED Tammy. So when she took up gardening, along with half of the women in our neighborhood, I wanted to support her hobby. One of her biggest problems was weeding in between smaller plants. And there were places that a rake or a hoe were simply too large. There was also the problem that we needed a lot of leverage. Being an engineer, I like to tinker so I went into our small shed to find one of our garden tools that I could modify to do the job. We are one of the few houses in our neighborhood that has a separate garage and shed.

We needed the shed to store lawn and garden supplies. I hate keeping that crap near my Mustang. Especially because Tammy is a great wife ... well ... I thought she was. But she tended to be kind of disorganized and a little sloppy. So I just figured that keeping my car stuff and the garden stuff separate was a good idea. It saved a lot of arguments. So anyway that day I stepped into the shed and almost knocked myself out.

I remember opening the door and there was a blinding flash of intense pain. I don't think I was truly knocked out but I was dazed and definitely knocked on my ass. It turned out that as usual Tammy had been remiss in putting her toys away. As I stepped into the shed, I stepped on the upturned end of a rake. The shaft had smacked me in the face.

Anyway, what I came up with a few days later was to take the rake and drill hole across the shaft at the opposite end. I mounted a long thin spike through the hole. I showed Tammy and some of the women in the neighborhood how to use it the next day. I called it "Pike's Pick," kind of like the car race. Anyway I made a few more of them for a couple of the other women in the neighborhood. And until a few weeks ago, I never thought about it again."

"So when was the last time you saw the one you made for your wife ... I mean your ex-wife?" Ne asked.

"Probably about a month ago," I said. I was tense for a couple of seconds as he looked at me and decided not to try to use me as a character witness for Tammy.

As I looked at the shaft of the rake and the gleaming spike that jutted from it, a chill went down my spine.

"I thought about trying to market it and even took one over to the local garden store, but they had too many ideas of how to alter it or improve it. And they all wanted me to do all of the work and give them most of the profits. One of those suggestions was to take the rake head off of the other end. And now, thinking back on it; that might have been a good suggestion. But, I just gave up on it. Tammy still had one and she used it in the garden a lot, but I lost interest in it."

"So how would you describe your ex wife? Is she an emotional person or...?" he began. Before he could ask me anything else my lawyer again piped up.

"Objection," he said. "My client is currently in the process of divorcing his ex. Anything he says for or against her can be used against him in that case. It is also very unethical to ask a witness to answer questions like that during a time of deep emotional upheaval.

"He's here as an expert witness," spat Tammy's lawyer. "The two things he's an expert on are this thingie, and his wife. And we're done talking about the thingie."

As they argued I thought about his question. What kind of woman was Tammy?

When I first ran into Tammy, I was working my ass off in college. We were about the same age, but she didn't go to school. I had seen her around the campus at several parties, but she was an enigma to me. She made minimum wage working in a fast food restaurant near the school. I wondered what kind of woman knew most of the people our age in the school, but didn't consider going there herself?

Tammy was also pretty difficult to describe. She taught me a lot about grading a woman's looks. Tammy wasn't exactly what I'd call beautiful, but she wasn't a dog either. I guess I'd describe her as cute. I thought she wasn't the kind of woman who would ever stop traffic, but then too she also wouldn't stop a clock.

I think the main reason that some lucky guy hadn't scooped Tammy up already, was because she had kind of a reputation of being easy. She wasn't a slut by any means. She wasn't one of those girls who show up at a party, and go straight up to the rooms and fuck every guy who comes into her room. But it was pretty much established that if you took her out on a date, you were almost guaranteed to get laid.

She had dated and fucked a lot of my friends. I had even gone out on double dates with her as the date of some of my best friends it got to the point where we knew each other pretty well. Most of my friends that had dated her had no complaints. Some of them dated her several times. Others dated her off and on for long periods of times. All of them smiled when they mentioned her name.

Tammy had short brown hair back then. She's let it grow out over the past few years to the point that it's about shoulder length. She's short and while she isn't fat, she isn't thin either. Her waist is a little thicker than optimal, but not thick enough to be jiggly or off putting. Her legs are pretty thick too, but in the right light they're sexy. She has a big rounded butt and big breasts too and they're her best assets.

Because of those big jugs and big butt, Tammy stands above the girls that most men would consider plain and although she isn't pretty, she is sexy. There are times when a man will walk right by a pretty woman to get to a sexy one. So although Tammy very rarely had what anyone would call a boyfriend, she never lacked for male company.

There were times when we'd see each other and smile or wave, just to be polite, but for the first three years that I was in college, Tammy and I never dated. My last year though, that changed. It was on one of those rare weekend nights that Tammy didn't have a date. She decided to go to a party on campus that one of the frats was throwing. When Tammy showed up unescorted, one of the frat guys got the idea to hustle her up the stairs and into one of the rooms. He even tried to strong arm her up the back stairs.

Tammy called to me when she saw me. The look of fear on her face told me everything I needed to know. "Hey, Bart, Tammy's with me," I said. I couldn't think of anything else to say and Bart was huge. He was the Center on our football team. Bart was the biggest corn fed Iowa farm boy I have ever seen. Even today I'm pretty sure that I could probably use one of his old shirts as a car cover for my Mustang.

He just smiled and nodded at me, giving me the thumbs up sign and turned to look for another girl to take upstairs.

I just nodded at Tammy and went back to the main room. Tammy followed me. I was just about to ask another girl to dance, when I felt a hand on my arm.

"Dave, I'm here with you, remember?" she said. "If you start dancing with other girls, that gorilla will come back and try to force me to go upstairs to be one of their pincushions. So tonight, you're stuck with me."

She'd smiled as she said it and although I didn't consider Tammy, my type, I nodded, thinking that no good deed goes unpunished. The night went better than I expected. Tammy was easy to talk to and we were very comfortable with each other from the start. That was probably a combination of two factors: the first being that we had been on several dates with each other although not as each other's dates. And the second was that once again, I didn't think that Tammy was my type so there was no pressure for me to try to impress her.

We ended up having a great time. It made me wonder why I had never dated her. And just to show that we were on the same page, when we got ready to leave she looked at me.

"Dave, why didn't we ever date?" she asked. She had a very serious look on her face and her hand on my arm. It was almost as if she was desperate.

"Maybe it just wasn't in the cards," I said lightly. "But that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Tammy would you like to go out sometime?"

"No!" she said with that very same serious look. "Dave, I don't want to go out "sometime." I want to go out with you tomorrow night." Then she looked down at her watch. "Actually it's after midnight so I mean tonight."

That evening was our first date. We ran into a friend of mine who was out on a first date with a new girl. He smiled and nodded at me but I had no idea why. He asked if we wanted to double, but Tammy quickly told him that we were doing something with her parents.

"Dave, I wanted to go out with you, ALONE," she said. "I don't want to go to a club. I don't want to go to a party. I just want the two of us to get to know each other, better. And we did. We saw a movie together. It was one of those blood and guts horror movies. I let Tammy pick it and I think she chose that movie just so she could grab onto me and hold my hand. My arm spent so much time between those big soft breasts that I had a hardon throughout the movie. Then we had dinner in a small intimate restaurant and finished up with a walk along the river.

We ended up back at my place where we exchanged lots of soft wet kisses. Before I knew it, I found myself in the warmest most willing pussy I had ever been in. Maybe it wasn't the tightest, but the way Tammy moved more than made up for it.

I knew then that things had changed. The first time we had sex that night was wild and crazy. Tammy literally let me do anything I wanted and she responded in kind. The movements of her hips mesmerized me and I had never cum that hard in my life. But the second time was the one that blew my mind. That time we didn't fuck, we made love.

Our mouths and tongues were entwined and we hugged our bodies together as our organs joined in a very sensual, very slow rhythm. It wasn't very fast; there was no frenzied movement, no bodies slamming together with speed or force; just a slow, unhurried pumping that went very deep. When we both came, her hungry pussy swallowed every drop and it was as if we could tell what each other was thinking. It was after midnight and Tammy got out of bed.

Seeing her boobs jiggling and swinging as she walked towards the pile of her clothes on the floor started my dick, rising all over again. The movement of her ass as it swayed back and forth and then spread as she bent over the pile of clothes, made me want to be inside of her all over again. She fumbled around in her clothes, found her phone, and made a call.

"Yeah mom," she said. "It's me. Lisa and Brandon got into a really big fight. She's all broken up about it. I'm going to spend the night with her and come home tomorrow. I love you too, Mom."

Then she padded her way back across the floor and got back in bed with me. We started gently kissing again and fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

Over the next few weeks, things got complicated between Tammy and I. Several of my friends noticed that I was dating Tammy and commented on how much I was probably enjoying it.

My best friend Jeff Thomas even told me to let him know when I was done with her because he missed fucking her. He started talking about some of the things he'd done with her and heard about her doing. It started me to wondering exactly what I was getting into. On one hand I was beginning to really fall for Tammy. But on the other hand she kind of seemed like a real slut.

Tammy noticed the difference in my mood and asked about it.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,806 Followers