Talon Ch. 05

Story Info
Tina talks to Rick and her protective walls.
4.4k words
4.61
30.4k
11

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/13/2022
Created 06/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~{\0/}~*~

This chapter is 7 and a half pages long and I hope you enjoy this chapter of my story. To all of you hoping for sex you won't find any in this chapter.

And I would like to give Valerie a big thanks for editing this chapter of my story. THANKS GIRL!!!

~*~{\0/}~*~

Tina glanced over at Rick to find him staring sightlessly out the windshield.. He hadn't said a word so far and the silence was growing uncomfortable which began to play on her frayed nerves.

No longer able to take the silence she opened her mouth to say something but before she could utter a single word Rick's piercing gaze landed on her. She swallowed nervously and shifted in her seat.

"What?" She asked before returning her attention to the rutted dirt road.

"Why are you holding back?"

"Holdin' back what?" She asked a little confused.

"You know what I mean. You could have let him come with you Tina." He took a deep breath then let it out and when she didn't answer he continued. "Talon and I share a bond that is different than any normal bond siblings share. Like you, I can feel his emotions, but only the muted version when Talon's emotions are strong. I know he loves you Tina. The emotion is so strong it vibrates the air around him. I know you can feel it to but still you hold yourself back. I know this is personal but I still want to know why."

She wasn't surprised that Talon and Rick shared a special bond of their own. Twins, human twins, normally had those bonds but with Talon and Rick being werewolves she suspected the bond would be deeper and stronger than normal.

Now that Tina knew Rick could also feel the hurt that she had caused Talon she believed he had a right to know why she was acting the way she was. After all Talon was his brother.

She knew her explanation would sound silly and groundless but they were hers all same. She was the one forced to her fear of the past repeating itself. Deep inside herself she felt hope, hope that Rick could help her.

Keeping her eyes on the road she told Rick what had happened between her, Curt and Amanda. Now that she was getting it out she felt almost relived that some of the weight on her shoulders was lifting. As she told her story she realized her feelings for Talon were a lot stronger and ran a lot deeper than she had first thought.

Now she could feel Talons hurt more keenly than she had before. She got the impression that he was running, in wolf form, through the woods around the cabin.

He was....Searching.

Looking around to make sure the rouge hadn't found them yet and also making sure that she would still be safe when she returned home. His concern for her safety alone touched a hidden part within her that Curt had never been able to reach.

Tina was startled to find that her mind had wondered as she was talking to Rick. She shook her head slightly as she met his concerned gaze, letting him know she was fine, and then finished telling him how she had came home earlier then expected to find Curt and her ex-best friend screwing like bunnies on her couch. She also stated that, "I know I'm dwelling on the past but its difficult not to. The pain hasn't been forgotten, and it makes it that much harder for me to trust anyone since the only people I had ever trusted betrayed me in the end." Tina paused, then added almost as an after thought, "Well I always did trust my parents but they died while I was in college."

Rick was silent for a few minutes and he seamed to be collecting his thoughts before putting them into words. Finally he rubbed the back of his neck as if he were a little agitated then he spoke.

"The thing is that it's in the past Tina and you're letting it hold you back, keeping you from living the life you deserve to be living." He shifted and leaned up against the truck door facing her. "You know that wolves mate for life and I'm sure Talon told you that once a werewolf has mated he could never stray and be unfaithful. You could be the happiest you've ever been but yet you still hold yourself back even though you know all of this."

Tina glanced over at Rick seeing compassion shining in his bright green eyes then quickly turned her gaze to the road once more when her eyes began to burn and fill with unshed tears. "I know but I just can't get past it and I don't know why." Her voice was husky with emotion.

"It's your fear of being hurt again."

And he was right. She knew she had to face her fears if she ever wanted to live a happy life. Making a terrifying decision she tentatively sent her jumbled emotions toward Talon through their bond.

Even though they had miles of distance between them their mental link hadn't weakened in the least. The link was so strong that she knew the instant Talon had received her emotions.

~{\o/}~

Talon returned to the cabin and was going through his pack for some clean clothes when Tina's hesitant love spilled over him. He paused and closed his eyes as a slight smile of joy curved his lips. He could also feel her fear and old pain wrapped around her love for him but soon he would help her loose the fear and banish any and all pain from her heart.

He opened his eyes and abandoned his clothes. Swiftly he exited the cabin and shifted into a wolf. He followed Tina's tire tracks.

Talon sent the love and passion he felt for Tina soaring through there connection.

The connection between suddenly grew stronger as Tina began to let her inner wall crumble. He was slightly stunned when he heard her answering moan vibrate through his mind and body causing his blood to heat. Talon's heart filled with joy and love he picked up his pace making him look like a white blur as he raced to meet up with Tina.

His wolf howled in pleasure and excitement the sound of it echoed around the forest.

After a few seconds he tried to send his thoughts to her hoping she would hear them. "I'm coming to you Tina."

~{\o/}~

Tina moaned and nervously glanced at Rick to see if he had heard her. If he had he was pretending that he hadn't and was once again facing forward. When she saw his lips twitch as if he were fighting a smile she knew Rick had heard her. Tina felt heat fill her face and knew she was blushing, inwardly she groaned in embarrassment.

When she felt the heated passion Talon felt for her hit her, she swerved and almost missed her turn. As she slowed and made the tight turn her nipples hardened and her breasts swelled. She could feel the dampness growing in-between her legs and slightly shifted to ease the pressure. In the next instant a hot blush filled her cheeks once again. She could smell her own arousal and knew that if she could Rick would also be able to and that embarrassed her more than when she had moaned.

It had only been a few seconds since Talon had sent his emotions to her, then he totally shocked her as she caught his thoughts, causing her to temporarily forget about her embarrassment.

"I'm coming to you Tina."

She gasped in surprise as his thought surrounded and filled her mind like a gentle caress.

She quickly glanced over at Rick and saw his quizzical look on his face before turning her eyes back to the road. Seeing her next turn she pressed her foot down on the break and slowly turned onto Mr. Walker's long driveway. Once she completed her turn she said to Rick, "He said he's coming to me."

When she glanced his way once again her grip tightened on the steering wheel worried because Rick had a shocked look on his face. "He spoke to you in your mind?"

All Tina could do was nod as she watched the road and slowly maneuvered around a few fairly large potholes.

Tina jumped slightly, startled when she suddenly heard Talon's soft laughter flutter across her mind. With his next words she knew he could also hear what she was hearing. "Tell him I said the bond you and I have is far stronger than any other werewolf couple has ever had." She could see his grin in her mind even though she knew he was in wolf form.

Tina laughed and relaxed her hold on the steering wheel then turned to watch Rick's face as she told him what Talon had said. "Your brother told me to tell you that the bond he and I have is far stronger than any other werewolf couple has ever had." She paused and turned to look at the road once more before continuing, "So I'm guessin' by both of y'alls reaction I'm not s'pose to be able to read his thoughts or hear him speak in my mind." She looked ahead of them once again and spotted Anna and Randy Walker's ranch a short distance away.

"No, the most you two should be able to do with your connection is feel each others emotions."

Tina could see Ricks puzzled frown from the corner of eye.

"I see." Tina pulled to a stop, parking the truck. She pulled the keys from the ignition and opened the truck door.

Tina saw Anna come out of the house as she got out of the truck and shut the door. Rick had done the same and fallowed her as she went to meet Anna on the wide porch that wrapped around the huge base of the old farm house.

"Hey, Tina, I was beginning to worry that you wasn't coming. I called but you never answered the phone and you didn't call back ....I was just heading out to see if you were......." Anna didn't finish her sentence once her gaze locked on Rick. She blinked once and her gaze sharpened then her nostrils flared as she inhaled deeply.

Tina looked from one to the other and drew in a deep breath. Then she knew what was going on.

Tina laughed softly the sound drew both of their gazes toward her. At there puzzled looks she smiled. "Well looks like were the same now Anna." Tina had realized that Anna was a werewolf like her just by her scent.

Anna's eyes got big as her little nose flared once again as she sniffed the air for Tina's scent. Then her knowing gaze fell on Rick once again then back on Tina. A big smile split her face.

"You and him?" Anna asked hopefully.

Tina smiled and shook her head and wondered for the first time if Rick and Talon shared thee same scent since they were twins. "No. Me and his brother, Talon." She briefly explained.

Anna had a new glint in her eyes as she gazed at Rick. Tina fallowed Anna's gaze but couldn't detect the same interest in Rick's eyes.

Tina just shook her head and introduced them. "Anna, this here is Rick Hunter and Rick this is Anna Walker."

They shook hands.

"Pleasure to meet you Rick."

"Likewise."

Tina just smiled as she turned toward the barn where Dusty was stabled knowing Anna's brother would be in there with the sick horse. Looking over her shoulder she said, "I'll be in the barn with Randy. You two talk while I'm gone. It shouldn't take me long."

Even as she walked away from them she could hear Talons protest in her head, he wanted her to stay close to Rick just incase there was any danger but she just blocked him out. She was surprised to find how easy it was.

She made her way through the yard to the barn and looked inside. At the back of the barn she could see Randy sitting on the ground beside Dusty.

Tina was a little worried that the horse wasn't up on his feet yet. Trying not to startle them she made a little bit of noise as she made her way toward them. As she made the way to them she passed four other horses that nickered at her softly as if saying hello. When she was near she checked Dusty over closely then realized she had forgotten her medical bag in the back truck.

Before she went to get her bag she wanted to see if they could get Dusty on his hooves. "Hey Randy, we need to get Dusty on his feet."

When she looked over at Randy he was staring at her intensely and knew he had figured out that she had changed since he had last seen her.

"Now I know why you weren't here yesterday. I knew that whatever was keeping you had to be important. It would have to be to keep you from taking care of a sick animal." He paused then softly asked her, "Your not hurt are you Tina?"

She smiled. "No, Talon would never hurt me Randy." Tina's heart tightened in love for Talon, feeling deep in her heart, the truth of her statement.

"He's your mate then?"

Tina's smile widened, "Yeah."

Rick's gaze turned thoughtful as he said, "Normally we wait before turning a human even if they are our mates. We give them time to make their own decision about the change." He grew silent as he gazed at her intently.

Tina answered the question she new he was going to ask, "Yeah, the change was forced." She paused and almost laughed at the furious expression on Rick's face. She felt honored to have him furious on her behalf. Even if it was unnecessary.

"Don't worry Randy. I'm not going to tell you why Talon did it, but I will tell you this much, it was necessary for my safety." When she finished she moved to stand beside Dusty and waited for Randy to do the same.

Randy stood their silently for a few moment more before shrugging his shoulders and moved into place. Soon they were both working together lifting up on Dusty. At first he just laid there and wouldn't move but after a little encouragement began to move and after a short struggle Dusty was on his hooves.

"Stay here with Dusty a sec and I'll go get my bag, I forgot it when I got out of my truck."

Tina had made it to the door of the barn before she heard Randy ask, "Who's that with Anna, your mate?"

"No, that's Rick Hunter. He's Talon's, my mate's, younger brother."

"Does Rick have a mate also?"

"Well......we just met each other about an hour ago so I can't tell you if he does. Rick hasn't said one way or the other."

Tina saw that Rick and Anna were still talking as she made her way to her truck. When she was only a few feet from it when the hair on the back of her neck rose as she felt someone watching her. She stopped and slowly looked around. It wasn't any of the others because Rick was looking at Anna as she spoke to him and Randy was to busy staring at Rick. Tina began to feel uneasy as she looked at the thick forest that was to the right of the horse stable. When she didn't see anything she turned and sent her feelings and what she saw to Talon as she reached in the bed of the truck. When she had her hand wrapped around the handle she knew Talon had gotten the images she had scent to him.

His answer was loud and immediate. "RUN!"

She jumping back in fright and dropped her medical bag on the ground and moved to the truck door as she felt Talons panicked emotions wash over her causing her to panic as well. She rushed to the truck door and just as she reached out to grasp the door handle something slammed into her back. The force knocked into so had that she slammed into the side of the truck causing her head hit the window. Pain blossomed through her head and distantly she heard the sound of glass cracking. As she fought what or whoever had ran into her, her vision began to fade. Tina tried to turn but all she saw before she passed out was the dent in the broken window where her head had slammed into it.

~{\o/}~

Damn, I'm close. Talon thought as he tried to go even faster. He had to get to Tina. There was no doubt in his mind that Trevor had found her.

He felt Tina's pain as her head smashed into the trucks window he roared and began to panic when their connection suddenly cut off. Now that he couldn't reach her through their bond he was worried that he wouldn't reach her in time.

This was the first time in his entire 400 years of living that he had ever been truly terrified.

~{\o/}~

Not long after Tina disappeared into the barn Rick felt someone watching him from the direction she had went. Half listening to what Anna said he casually glanced over at the barn. The inside was well lit and he could see Tina and a man in the barn trying to help a horse up onto its feet. The man working with Tina looked up and their eyes met.

Rick's heart skipped a beat and the man glanced away. Rick turned his gaze back toward Anna and caught the last of what she had been saying.

"......even thought he kept telling me she was alright I was still worried about her. With her living alone like she does, if something was to happen to her no one would know for days."

"Who's that in the barn with Tina?" He asked her after she finished.

"That's my brother, Randy. Don't worry," she laughed, "he's not going to move in on your brother's territory."

Rick knew even before he asked that she wouldn't answer his question, but he asked anyway. "Why is that? Tina's a beautiful woman."

Anna looked a little uncomfortable but tried to hide it as she said, "Because he isn't interested in her, Tina is the only vet in town and she's already been here several times. Neither one of them has ever even hinted at being interested in one another like that. Their only friends"

Rick smiled and changed the subject and watched as Anna relaxed once again. As she talked about the ranch and all the horses they were breeding, Rick could feel Randy watching him and his sister.

He didn't know how long they had been talking when he felt panic washed over him. It took him a few seconds to realize the panic he was feeling wasn't his but his brother's. He knew something was terribly wrong and turned just in time to see a blur run into Tina. In the span of a few seconds he saw Tina's head smash into the driver side window of the truck with a sickening crunch. As the rouge grabbed her up, Rick pulled his shirt over his head. By the time he reached to remove his pants the rogue had Tina over his shoulder and was gone as quick as he had come.

Without a word to Anna, Rick quickly stripped off his pants completely and started toward the forest.

Vaguely he heard Anna shouting her brother's name as he changed into a wolf in mid-stride as he took off after the blur he had seen just moments before. He knew who it was and guilt filled him. If he hadn't gotten distracted by Anna and her brother he would have fallowed Tina instead of standing around talking.

Rick had only made it a short way into the woods before he felt something smash into the back of his head. The last thought he had as his vision turned black was that he should have expected a trap and he prayed that Talon would forgive him for failing to save Tina.

~{\o/}~

The look-a-like wasn't Talon! Trevor thought as he stayed out of sight of the others but made sure to keep them in his sight. With his sensitive hearing he could hear everything that the look-a-like and the woman said.

So Talon had a twin. He would get rid of him soon and take Tina; he had found out while listening that she was Talon's new mate. He smiled and licked his lips in glee. He really couldn't believe his luck. He moved down wind and made sure they couldn't smell him then waited.

When he saw Tina moving toward the truck he knew it was time for him to make his move. No one was paying attention and he made sure that Tina didn't know he was there until the last possible second. He balled his fist and hit her hard in the back of the head as he used his body to slam her into the side of the truck. Her head jerked forward and smashed into the passenger side window with a satisfying crunch. When it cracked it sounded like a gunshot going off in the silent yard. He swiftly picked up the woman and tossed her over his shoulder.

When he was halfway to the woods he heard the other woman shouting.

When he was past the tree line Trevor quickly dropped Tina to the ground then found a thick tree branch on the ground and waited. He didn't have to wait long. In a few seconds before Rick came flying at him. He lifted the thick limb he had found and swung it. "Bingo," he said as the limb crashed with a loud crack into the back of the guys head as he passed his hiding spot.

Cursing because he heard the others heading their way, he dropped the now broken branch and picked Tina up all the while hoping the blow had been hard enough to kill Rick.

12