Tears of Blood Ch. 00

Story Info
Prologue: is her rescuer all he seems?
3.8k words
4.36
9.6k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ladylana
ladylana
10 Followers

Okay. So this is my first attempt at a non human story. Its a vampire story, and its a kind of romance I guess.

I had this idea a while ago, it's went through a hell of a re-edit though. I've only posted the first bit. It's quite short, but I guess I'm gonna wait see if I get any feedback before I put the rest on.

There's no sex yet guys. So I would suggest that, if that's what you're looking for, you check out something else cause you'll be disappointed otherwise. For everyone else though, there will be sex eventually...this is Literotica after all.

The first part sometimes has two peoples thoughts on one event.

Tell me if its confusing though.

I absolutely have to say a HUGE thanks to my editor LokiKarameikos for all his help. He has been unbelievably patient with me, and has made my story make a bit more sense =).

Without him I probably wouldn't have got this up. So thank you. X

I don't claim to be a professional writer and I'm open to any constructive criticism, so let me know what you think by commenting or emailing me.

But try not to be to harsh please. =)

Enjoy (hopefully)

LadyLana xx

*

Prologue

When she turned 18, Erin Devlin finally decided enough was enough. Her father was an abusive alcoholic, and could get very violent very quickly. No one would have suspected it though. To the neighbours, he was charming, friendly and, polite. The perfect gentleman some had said. No. that certainly wasn't the father she knew.

It was a Wednesday night when she finally snapped and decided she couldn't do it any longer. He had lost his temper again, screaming at her for some ridiculous reason, she didn't know what. Well anyway, it had ended up with her getting the shit kicked out of her really bad. Then afterwards, he just calmly walked away, leaving her in a crumpled heap on the floor.

"I cant take this any more," she thought desperately. But she refused to cry, refused to be weak. It was time to act she resolved, picking herself up gingerly off the floor where her father had left her. She needed to leave, she didn't deserve this.

There had been a time when she had made excuses for him, she could bear to leave him alone. She had still loved him, he was her father after all . And he'd always apologized the next day, telling her how she was his princess, telling her he loved her.

But even that had stopped over the last few years. Now he was cold, and showed her no emotion. Since her brother had died, she really didn't have anything to stay here for did she? She had really believed he would kill her eventually. She hated him. She was leaving.

Erin had found herself travelling to New York before she realized it. She didn't live far from there already, and had always wanted to move there anyway. She didn't have very much money, but she knew her father had a stack of money saved in his sock drawer, so she took it. It wasn't like he needed it. He would no doubt use it on alcohol anyway. She had packed as much of her clothes into a red and navy duffel bag and waited until her father was at work. Then she had left as fast as she could.

She was startled at first, by the bustling city. There were neon lights flashing everywhere, and city cars rushing by honking their horns . It could be quite busy with all the people and commotion. The skyscrapers were immensely tall and seemed to hover over her, leaving her feeling enclosed. But she was also terribly excited. She finally had her freedom, and she didn't have to live in fear of doing something wrong and getting punished. She was content for the first time in, well, a very long time.

That didn't last very long though, as she soon realized how naive and careless she had actually been. She had nowhere to stay, had no-one to turn to, and was running out of money fast. She had only took around 400 dollars, and she soon discovered it didn't go nearly as far as she thought it would.

It wasn't long before she found herself sitting on the steps of some apartment building, yet again, willing herself not to cry. It made her sick how many people saw her but just ignored her. She had resorted to getting cleaned up in public toilets in places like McDonald's, and she was rapidly running out of clean clothes. She was trying not to fall asleep. Erin hated falling asleep outdoors. It made her feel dirty. She had her head in her hands, and didn't notice a tall blond man approaching her. So it was fair to say, she was pretty startled when a hand touched her shoulder.

"What the fuck!" Erin yelled in alarm, as she looked up at the face hovering above her own.

"I'm sorry child. I didn't mean to frighten you." he replied in a soothing voice, although still standing quite unnervingly over her. "I have a feeling that you are in need of some help. That is all I offer, seeing as your are sitting in front of my apartment block. I feel perhaps you are new to the city, and have found yourself in a predicament of some sort. Perhaps it is fate that has you sitting at these particular steps. Don't be afraid."

She took a minute to look him over. He looked to be in his late 30s, early 40s, and strangely attractive she mused. He had the palest blue eyes she had ever seen, and his white blond hair was gelled tightly back into an only slightly receding hairline. His thin lips were curled up into what looked to be a smile. But there was something in his eyes that made her a little wary and uncomfortable.

She heard him ask her what was wrong, his eyes boring into her own. It almost seemed like he could see straight through her. However Erin found herself telling him her story, right there on the steps. She told him how she had run away from her father. How she had little money and nowhere to stay. She didn't know why she was telling him. It wasn't that she trusted him. She just- well, she didn't know why exactly. In fact, if she hadn't been so cold, tired, and lonely, she might have realized that all of her instincts, female, and human were screaming at her to run like hell.

He offered to put her up for the night and told her he knew both of where she could get a job, and rent somewhere to live. He said he had a spare room she could use, as he said his 12 year old daughter was away at her friends house. Perhaps she would like to meet her tomorrow, he said. Knowing he had a daughter put her slightly at ease. Eventually Erin agreed.

It was only one night after all.

***

Alistair smiled at the girl as he gestured for her to go on up the rest of the steps. His smile turned twisted then moment she turned. He knew if she were to look upon him now, she would see the evil in his eyes that he had had to work so hard to keep away while he was talking to her. And he knew if she saw that terrible evil he knew he possessed, she would have turned and ran.

Not that she would get far, he scoffed. God, the stupid bitch was gullible! She'd believed his act completely! And all that shit about his "daughter". He had to hand it to himself, that was a bit of genius. He hadn't had a child in over 300 years. And he hadn't had a human child in well over a thousand.

He smiled again when they reached the lift and stepped inside. He saw her watch as the security guard locked the doors again; before the lift doors closed on them taking them up. Didn't she wonder why he was there waiting for Alistair? Didn't she see the fear in the man's eyes when he had glanced in their direction.

"Stupid bitch," he thought again. He couldn't wait to see that fear in her eyes instead.

He doubted she would be easy to break though. Oh well, the longer the better.

She was perfect.

Well, she would be perfect once he was done with her. She was stubborn and strong willed, that much he could sense, but there was something about her. He could tell that her mind was quite unstable. He doubted she would be that hard to turn, once he had blooded her.

Life had gotten a bit boring lately. He did the usual things he'd always done, just a little less noticeably. He'd heard rumours that certain people had begun to believe he was not dead after all. That he had not in fact, been killed by the late, great Demidicus for his traitorous ways and plans of treason. He was getting quite frustrated at the thought that he might be discovered. He had to be careful, just in-case the rumours happened to be true. If he was found to be alive, he knew his kind would issue a complete manhunt. He didn't fancy having to deal with hundreds of warriors these days. His prayers had been answered however. Life was about to get a little more interesting.

Alistair had first noticed her a few nights ago. He had been feeding from some scrawny teenager, he almost shuddered at the thought, at the way the blood had tasted.. He had wanted to gut the kid right there for tainting his blood so repulsively. It should be a crime, he had thought. But there Alistair was anyway. Him, reduced to feeding from some pathetic human high on God knows what.

Perhaps the fates where with him after all, because fortunately for him that was where she had been. He had caught her scent walking past the alleyway which he was feeding in. He had dropped the half dead kid almost instantly to follow behind her.

Her blood had smelt so good, almost as if it were designed entirely for him, like this creature had been out on this earth for his pleasure. It was unusual for someone to affect him this way, but she had. He wasn't sure why. He hadn't really been in the mood for a female But he was old enough and powerful enough to know when to trust his inner vampire. So he had.

He just couldn't resist.

He had followed her for a few days waiting until she either got into trouble, or ended up exhausted. Well, in some situation where he could be her "knight in shining armor" and come to her rescue. It would probably be inevitable. By the look of things, he had gathered that she had run away from home, considering the bag she carried around with her.

His suspicions had been confirmed when she had slept rough, right there on the street. Humans could be so undignified sometimes, as this pathetic creature had demonstrated so well. That could have been his cue, he had wanted to pounce on her and latch onto her neck with his fangs, rip her throat out. But then she would be ruined. And he didn't think he could live for eternity knowing he had only fed from her once. so he had decided to leave her to get even more desperate.

Besides, she had repulsed him at that particular time. So he had left here there, shivering violently, in a pitiable bundle in a corner.

Alistair had been attending to some other business tonight however, and hadn't followed her. He had knew that she wouldn't be hard to find when he was ready. He could track her blood anywhere, he was sure. So it had been a welcome surprise when he found her on the steps of his apartment.

He was struck with an ingenious idea. She had played right into his hands and he had decided to pounce. And of course she had told him her story a few minutes ago, so he knew no-one would miss her.

No-one would care what happened to her.

He would have her, that was for sure. For eternity, if he had his way. He'd make her scream, beg, and suffer. He wondered if she was a virgin. God he hoped so.

He didn't really need to rape her. He just wanted to feed from her, and he had always knew he would somehow torture her, put her through hell. That was who he was, what he thrived on. But looking at her now, he just knew he wouldn't be able to resist.

Now he was close to her, Alistair could see just how beautiful she was. He tried to picture her fear when he finally pounced. He was getting hard just thinking about it. Yes, he was going to have some fun with her for a while. He wanted her to fear him, to cower in fear every time he touched her, or even looked at her.

The lift pinged open and he escorted the girl to his apartment. She had told him her name in the lift. What was it she called herself? Ellen...Eden...Erin. Yes, her name was Erin he remembered, as he open the front door and strode inside, gesturing for her to follow. She did, and as soon as she closed the door, his smile changed and he knew there would be no mistaking that evil in his eyes...

She was his.

***

Erin had chatted away nervously , as they waited in the lift. She told him her name, her age, and a lot of other random things he really didn't need to know. His silence set her on edge, so she tried desperately to fill it.

He didn't answer her, just let her babble way. Then the lift pinged and they stepped out into the hall. He went to what she assumed was his door, and she couldn't help the feeling growing in the pit of her stomach. She had been too overwhelmed by the relief of finally getting warmed up to take much notice of it before, but now she did. Her instincts were telling her this was a seriously bad idea.

What are you doing!?! her mind was screaming at her; Are you seriously gonna go into an apartment with some creepy guy?!? You don't even know his name! This is how all you favorite horror films start off Erin!

She pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. It was only for one night after all. Actually, it was only technically a few hours. What could happen in a few hours? Besides, didn't he say he might be able to get her a job? And a job meant money. And with money she'd be able to find somewhere to live. She would be able to start living her life, instead of living on the street.

He opened the door and stepped in. She followed, and wrapped in her thoughts, automatically closed the door. However the first thing Erin noticed was how dark and gloomy it was, disturbing even. She also didn't see any signs of a child living there. Her pulse quickened and she started to feel sick.

Had he lied? Did he even have a child?

Her mind was on overdrive. It was telling her to run. This might have been the most stupid thing she'd ever done.

She only had to take once look into those pale blue eyes to realize she was right. This was the most stupid, careless thing she had ever done! She had a feeling her life was about to get a whole lot worse.

Alistair couldn't wait any longer. He lunged at her, fangs bared, ready to strike.

She screamed.

***

***

The first thing Erin was aware of when she awoke, was that her head was mysteriously splitting. The second thing she noticed was that her wrists were tied to a slightly rickety wooden headboard

She panicked.

Memories slowly crept back to her now conscious mind.

Sitting on the steps... taking help from a stranger ...taking the lift up to his apartment... those pale blue eyes... the malicious smile... when--

Oh god, oh god, oh god!

Suddenly she remembered the things she had seen before she had lost consciousness.

Fangs--he'd had-- his fangs!?! He was a v-vampire!?

This wasn't happening... this didn't happen in real life!

She struggled uselessly against the headboard, trying to free herself.

"Think Erin, think," she told herself.

She stilled for a moment, doing just that- thinking- hard. Perhaps he was some kind of weirdo who really believed he was a vampire. She remembered the people she had saw who had been dressed as witches when she had first came into the city. They had been carrying broomsticks and everything. There were some weird people in the city.

Yeah. That had to be it. He probably wore fake fangs or something. She wasn't sure what was worse, meeting a vampire, or some mental freak who believed they were one.

Perhaps he was going to use her for some sort of vampire ritual.

Oh GOD!

She had to get out of here somehow... but how... how???Erin looked around. She was in a small dark room and couldn't really see much around her. It didn't look like the same place though. And she had a feeling she wasn't in New York... it was eerily quiet, she didn't feel like she was in a city at all.

Erin tried in vain to slow her breathing, and adjust her eyes to the darkness. The moonlight spilling in was her only source of light and there wasn't much of it. She gathered she was in some sort of... cabin... The walls looked to be wooden. not something, she realized, that you would see in New York. Probably far away form any help.

Oh god... had he planned this?? Was he going to kill her?

She had a feeling screaming wouldn't help her now. And she didn't want to find out where her captor was either. She thought that her screaming would probably draw him from wherever he was hiding out.

Erin couldn't help it, she started to cry. Her stomach was twisting violently, making her queasy. She was going to die, she just knew it. She could guarantee the door would be locked. And even if it wasn't, what was to say he wasn't on the other side of it somewhere..? For all she knew the other side of the door could be his bedroom! She'd read about these kind of people, how they built their houses for torture. ..

There was no way out, unless... her eyes flew to the window at the far side of her room. Perhaps if she could open it , she could run for it. That was a start. First she had to get her hands free without alerting her captor. She had to do it fast. She willed her body to calm down, rationalizing that the calmer she was, the quicker she would get the ties free.

But try as she might, her bonds were just so damn tight. it wasn't long before her hands started to cramp because of the way she was twisting and turning them. Panic shot through her, her mind screaming at her that she would never get her wrists free, that she was going to die here. No-one even knew where she was.

A few more tears slipped free before she could stop herself. Her eyes blurred through her tears, making the room fuzzy and even more unclear in the dark. Erin took a few more deep breaths and wiped her eyes the best she could on her upper arms . She made her decision. She wasn't going to just lie here and cry, waiting for death. No she was going to try. She had to try.

Gradually Erin pried her left hand out from the tight binding. It took forever. She would freeze in terror every time she thought she heard a noise. The second was easier, with the help of her free hand she could maneuver slightly to use her teeth on the bonds.

When she was finally free, she almost leapt off the bed, which in turn, let out a loud tell tale squeak. She froze, listening for any sound to tell her someone had heard her.

Nothing.

Erin let out a sigh of relief and crept towards the old wooden door slowly. She had to check anyway. Sure enough, she didn't even have to turn the handle to see it was locked. It had been modified and she could make out the lock in between the door and the frame. Even in the disappearing moonlight she could see that there was no way of opening it.

Swallowing a sob, she turned and edged her way in the direction the window. The floorboards were old and she had a hard time keeping her pace slow , trying not to make them creak. her heart was pounding, her mind screaming at her to hurry up.

She slowly edged her way across the room .the moon had completely disappeared behind the clouds, so the room was now almost pitch black.

She was about a foot from the window when her knee hit something, she realized whatever it was, it was tall, unstable, and completely camouflaged against the blackness. She started and reached out blindly, her hands flailing wildly in her vain attempt to catch it before it announced her escape attempt to the rest of the household.

She was too late, and it fell to the floor with a resounding crash. The sound of a door opening and footsteps soon followed. Panicked, Erin rushed around the rest of the room, desperately reaching the window, still surrounded in the moonless pitch black, She frantically reached for some sort of latch, her fingers finding nothing; the window was wooden and by the look of things, sealed shut. And try as she might, it just wouldn't budge.

ladylana
ladylana
10 Followers
12