Tears of the Fallen Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,499 Followers

"I love you, Cassia Romanov." Just saying the words out aloud felt surreal, but he knew they were true, and had been for a long time. When had she crept into his heart? He didn't know. He was just aware that she was firmly embedded there and always would be. Cassia was his heart and soul. She completed him in every way possible, and he would do whatever it took to have a future with her. He would even try to forgive Reasa, because if he couldn't at least try, he may lose his feisty wolf, and he couldn't imagine not having her in his life.

Cassia's breath caught as he uttered the words she'd longed to hear, his mismatched eyes glowing with such fierceness it took her breath away. Her beautiful vampire was surrendering; he was willing to compromise for her. It brought tears to her eyes that he could lay himself vulnerable to her after all he'd been through. She knew it wasn't easy for him and that he was willing to try to be with her.

"I love you, Pietro de la Rios," she whispered back leaning down until their lips almost touched, and she could feel his breath teasing her mouth. It set her heart fluttering in a way nothing else ever could. The emotions threatening to overwhelm her in that moment were reserved exclusively for the glorious male lying beneath her. As she exhaled slowly, he sucked her breath into his mouth. When he did the same, she breathed him into her soul.

"One breath...one heartbeat. My soul is yours for eternity. Will you mate with me, Pietro? Will you complete me?" Her voice hitched as she asked and she held her breath as she waited, her wolf peering from the depths of her questing eyes.

"What is it you wolves say when you claim your mates?" The deep rumble of his voice didn't hide the possessiveness of his gaze.

"Mine..."

Pietro snaked a hand around the nape of her neck, stealing that last agonising inch that separated them. His touch was gentle, teasing...a slow rubbing of lips in a kiss so tender, her tears overflowed.

"Mine," Pietro growled into her mouth, licking the salty wetness on her lips. "You were always mine, Niña, from the very first moment I laid eyes on you."

Her wolf howled its glee, rejoicing in their mate's acceptance. He was finally theirs. He was finally hers. It was as if she had lived only for this moment, and she was going to remember every single second of it. She had her mate. She had her beautiful vampire.

"I don't know what to do," he whispered against her lips, his vulnerability so endearing her heart felt as if it would burst with love for him.

"Then let me lead," she answered, pulling back so she could read every emotion flickering across his face. "I promise you will enjoy it."

Pietro started to laugh, excitement shining from his eyes, mixed in with love, and healthy dose of lust. "Oh, I have no doubt that I would, Cassia, though I am not so sure how good I will be in the submissive position. It doesn't come naturally."

The sultry expression that crossed her face sent his blood pressure sky high, the wicked smile curving her lips made his body pulse with the need to be buried inside her. "That's okay, lover. I can hold you down if required. I am Vârcolac after all."

Ordinarily the thought of not being the one in control was total anathema to him, however the way his wolf was looking at him right now...hell yes she could do whatever she wanted if it meant she'd pour her luscious body all over his. "I'm all yours, Niña." Was that really his voice? The words practically purred out of his mouth and from the dilation of Cassia pupils, he could tell she liked them.

"Of course."

Cassia's smile turned even more wicked if that were at all possible. He was about to comment on it when his T-shirt ripped down the centre and the cooling air of the bedroom whispered across his bare chest. His heart thudded loudly, his cock flexing in the confines of his jeans. His wolf looked like she wanted to eat him all up, and he wasn't one to deny her base instincts.

Gentle fingers touched his brow, tracing the scar down his face, lingering on his neck where his second scar met with his shoulder. Cassia frowned as she touched the ridged flesh, golden highlights reflecting in her eyes signalling her wolf was very much present.

"Sacrilege," she growled quietly, a hint of fury lacing the word. "This belongs to us. This is where we make our mark. It sends my wolf insane with rage that someone laid hands on you, that someone desecrated what is ours."

"Then claim it back," he commanded, surprised at the wealth of emotion in each word as he raised one hand to place it over her trembling fingers. Until this moment, he had never wanted anything so badly in his life. He wanted to sooth her wolf's fury. He wanted to feel her mark him so that it would eradicate the memories attached to that scar and replace it with something so beautiful, that those memories would never haunt him again. "I am yours, my wolf, now and for eternity."

"Mine!" Cassia slithered down his body, her lips tracing butterfly kisses against the scar on his cheek, down the hard curve of his jaw, along scarred flesh of his collarbone. Her touch was light, teasing and it made his hips flex upwards, his body seeking the ultimate blending of their souls.

"Greedy boy," she laughed against his skin, kissing her way over his chest, her tongue snaking out to lick and taste him.

Each touch was an exquisite torture, each caress a pleasure like none other. It was difficult to lay there and allow her to do as she wanted, but he was determined to let his sultry wolf have her way with him. This was her moment; this was what her wolf needed. When they mated together, he wanted it to be the most magical experience of her life.

Her lips grazed his stomach, forcing him to suck in a deep breath. The evidence of his need was outlined brazenly against the fabric of his jeans, and he jumped when he felt a lone talon measure his length in the slowest of motions he could imagine. "Cassia..."

"Yes, Pietro?"

How the fuck could she sound so sexy and innocent at the same time? The witch was playing with him and loving every moment of it, and he had to admit to himself that it was excruciatingly erotic to be on the opposite side of this kind of foreplay. Perhaps he would allow her to do this again sometime...but not too often.

"You're playing with fire, Niña."

Sensual laughter greeted his words, and his patience and blood pressure reached fever pitch.

"Then I guess you should burn me, my beautiful vampire..."

His jeans shredded under her talons and he uttered a low curse. Before he could move he felt her hot breath tease his flesh and then her tongue licked slowly up his throbbing cock.

"I think I need to kiss you better. I did hurt you here." Her muffled laughter cut off as she swallowed him down, his hips rocking up to meet the glorious heat of her mouth.

"Cassia!" He roared her name out, clutching at the bedspread to stop his hands fisting in her curls and pull her mouth more fully onto him. This was her moment and he had to give it to her. He had to let her see just how much he loved her, what he was willing to do for her.

It was sweet torture though, pleasure, and pain all mingled into one. She kept her touch teasing, always promising more, but never fully delivering. Every nerve ending felt alive, his desire stoking higher and higher with each flick of her tongue, each slow stroke of her mouth over his straining flesh. Was this what it felt like when he loved her, when his hands and mouth danced over her soft skin drawing every nuance of pleasure he could? If it was she was getting payback in the bucket load, and he had to concede that it was highly erotic to experience her brand of vengeance.

Her wicked mouth worshipped every inch of his throbbing cock, sliding smoothly up and down in a slow rhythm that had his heart pounding so wildly he could hear the echo in his ears. Soft hands travelled up his thighs, coming to cup his heavy sacs, squeezing them in tandem with her suckling.

Dear Lord, he was ready to blow, helpless against her dual assault. She took him completely into her mouth, pressing her wet heat down until he slid down her throat and she massaged his balls firmly. Pietro roared loudly, the sinewy muscles in his neck straining as he threw his head back and exploded. She sucked and squeezed, swallowing down his essence greedily, humming with pleasure as he emptied himself into her willing mouth.

It was the most amazing thing he had ever experienced. He had heard tales before of how being in love totally changed lovemaking, how that emotional bond heightened the pleasure, made each orgasm so much more intense. He'd never believed it, always having been satisfied with his previous sexual experiences. Now he knew the truth of it. Now his climax was both a physical and emotional release, and he had eternity to lay with his wolf like this.

Cassia crawled back up his body, one small hand stroking his semi-hard cock back to full hardness as she kissed him deeply. He could taste himself on her lips but he didn't care. It was so erotic to know that the mouth he was devouring had loved him so intimately, that allowing her to pleasure him that way had brought her as much pleasure as it had him. "You're so wicked," he chuckled against her lips.

"I'm about to get a whole load wickeder," she laughed, sitting up and pulling her shirt off in one move, freeing her breasts to his greedy gaze.

His hands rose to cup them and she slapped them away playfully. "You don't get to touch unless I give you permission. Now be a good boy and put those hands behind your head." She was rising as she spoke, snapping the button of her jeans, and slowly lowering the zipper as he obeyed her.

Lust and laughter danced in her eyes as she wiggled the denim down her hips, taking her panties with it. The bed shook precariously but she managed to keep her balance as she undressed. When she was finished, she stood above him, her heart beating a wild tattoo as she watched the naked lust in his eyes roaming over her body.

"Come here," he growled and she wagged her finger at him as she laughed again.

"This is my party, remember. We play my way or not at all."

"Seriously?" Pietro let out a pained groan, frustration building up inside. "You're killing me here, Cassia. Let me love you."

Slowly sinking to her knees, she straddled his body, pressing her wet heat against his hard length. They groaned in unison, Cassia's hands coming to rest on his chest as she teased him with her body, slow languid strokes against his cock imitating what was to come.

"I can't stand much more of this," he warned, his nostrils flaring at the heavenly aroma of her arousal. He meant it too. If she didn't slide herself onto his cock right now he would roll her over and take her hard and fast as he craved to do.

Cassia delighted in teasing him, thrilled at seeing the hint of desperation beginning to shine in his eyes. This is what he did to her, how he made her feel when he loved her so dominantly. She knew the torturous build up only heightened the sexual experience, so she continued to grind herself against his cock with deliberate movements.

A scant second before he lost all patience with her, she rose above him that tiny bit higher and slowly slid his cock into her hot core. Oh god, he felt so hard, so thick and strong within her body. It was as if this was the first time they had lain together. The feel of him filling her so completely was the most erotic thing in the world.

Pietro kept his hands behind his head though she could tell from the corded muscles in his neck that she probably didn't have too much time left to enjoy her position of dominance. It didn't matter if he failed her demands. What mattered was that he was willing to give her this moment. That he was willing to acknowledge that though he may control their sexual play, he still respected her as his equal.

Rising slowly up and down, she enjoyed her moment, riding his body in a dance older than time, and more beautiful than the most exotic work of art. Cassia made love to her vampire with her heart, body, and soul, showing him what he meant to her, what would always be his for eternity.

He couldn't take it anymore, he just couldn't. Cassia was sheathing his cock so erotically, her breast swaying with each movement that it was inciting his blood lust to rise. He needed to taste her. He had to touch her soft skin and lick her all over before suckling her life's essence into his eager mouth.

Pietro raised his upper body up, his arms snaking around her back as his lips zeroed in on one hard nipple and he sucked it deep into his mouth, flexing his hips at the same time to drive himself in deep. He couldn't get a good angle in this position so he lifted her off him, moving to rest on his knees.

"This is your seat I believe, my lady." The roguish grin he shot her turned into a muffled groan as he pulled her back astride him, sliding her back onto his throbbing cock.

Cassia's breath gasped out as she wrapped her arms around his neck and accepted him eagerly. "Oh! I believe you are right," she giggled breathily, pressing down to meet his upward movement. "That feels...perfect."

"Hold tight, Niña."

It was all the warning she got before he took full control of their joining, bucking into her body with hard, fast strokes, sending liquid fire racing through her veins. She was soaring through the heavens, pleasure crashing over her with each deep thrust he gave her.

"I can't wait..." he gasped, his fangs already lowered, desperation in his eyes.

She understood what he meant. Her wolf was baying for her to claim him, urging her to mark him as theirs. Cassia licked at his collarbone, licked against his shoulder. She nibbled at the scar that desecrated their territory, a low growl escaping her.

"Be mine forever, Pietro."

"Always."

Cassia felt the heat of her climax building, her body moving faster and harder as she rode her beautiful vampire. She was almost there, almost ready to soar as her passion exploded over her. With another growl she whispered, "Mine." Her teeth sank into his skin, as he slammed into her hard and she shattered, her vision obscured by a kaleidoscope of colours dancing behind her eyes.

Pietro's fangs sank into her neck, his body pulsing thickly as he emptied himself into her. She climax again, shuddering wildly as he clamped her body to his and drank from her neck, completing the mating ritual and nourishing his still healing body.

Pietro continued to rock into her, mindless to anything but the feel of her wet heat fluttering around his cock and her hot blood flowing down his throat. It had always been good between them but this moment transcended everything they had ever experienced and he didn't want it to end.

"Cassia...oh God, Cassia."

"I know," she gasped out between panting breaths, holding him against her as he kissed the side of her neck, their bodies still joined. Her wolf was ecstatic, preening itself now that they had claimed their mate. She wanted to laugh at its antics but didn't think Pietro would see the humorous side if she did.

Pietro knocked away the remnants of the broken chair that was on his pillows and gently laid her down on the bed, lying on his side so they were facing each other. "Is it done?" He wasn't sure if he was supposed to feel a wolf inside him or something now she had bitten him. He didn't feel any different so he was worried that maybe it hadn't worked.

"Oh yes," Cassia smiled, her gaze dropping to the spot where she had bitten him. Her smile faltered and a frown furrowed her brow, her hand reaching out to touch his skin. "That's odd."

Her concern made him uneasy. "What is?"

"My mark...it hasn't healed." When he shot her a blank look she sat up and he followed her. "Usually the physical mark disappears though the psychic bond remains. Yours should have too but it's still there."

Rising to look in the mirror, he saw what she meant. Where she had bitten him across his scar, there was a clear impression of her bite mark. When she said it hadn't healed she hadn't been entirely accurate. The bite mark looked as if it had been there for years. It had technically healed...it just hasn't vanished. It had to have something to do with the scarred area of his body. Something about the Amort toxin had altered those areas of his body so that they would never truly heal.

Seeing Cassia's uncertain expression in the mirror tore at his heart. She was probably afraid that he'd view this as he viewed his other imperfections. She couldn't be further from the truth though. Crossing back to the bed, he pulled her into his embrace, capturing her gaze with his and refusing to allow her to look away.

"I'm glad," he said gruffly, emotion making his voice sound huskier than usual. "I want to wear your mark, Cassia Romanov. I am proud to wear it and don't you ever think otherwise."

"You're sure?"

For an answer he kissed her, long and slow, and with so much love that she would never doubt how much she meant to him. When he let her up for air they were both breathless. "I'm sure."

Pulling Cassia down beside him, he covered them with the bedspread and held his mate close. She was his now...for eternity. They were joined together and no one and nothing would ever come between them.

"Sleep, Niña, while you can because I know I'm going to want to sample your sweet body again in the very near future."

"Greedy, vampire," she laughed, cuddling close and wrapping her arms and legs around his hard length. "Let's see who wakes who first."

Pietro burst out laughing, kissing the side of her neck before closing his arms and inhaling her sweet fragrance. "You're on..."

*****

"Thank you, Liam, Reasa. What you've done for the Praetorians will be remembered." Mac's expression was earnest as he shook first Liam and then Reasa's hands.

Lily was standing beside him, beaming with happiness. As usual, she threw formality to the wind and smothered them in affectionate hugs. "I am so jealous I can't dream walk," she laughed, ignoring Reasa's stiffness as she hugged her tightly.

The former vampire appeared uncomfortable with the open affection but she didn't pull away.

"I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact I clearly have a weak mind to be affected in the first place," Brandon grumbled from below them where he waited at the Jeep. Despite his words there was open amusement on his face as the couple walked down the steps towards him.

"I'm sorry." Liam apologised for what had to be about the one hundredth time, earning him a glare of reproof from the vampire.

"How many times do we need to tell you to can that shit, Liam? We signed up for this duty and not one of us regrets it. Hell, we got at least a week off from that torture Karn calls training. You did us a favour." Brandon grinned at the blond vampire as he spoke, his irreverence drawing a dark scowl in his direction.

"Glad you enjoyed it, boy, because you've got a week to make up for. I'll see you all around back in half an hour." Karn flashed his own grin at the younger vampire, more than a hint of malice in it.

Brandon groaned and rolled his eyes as the others laughed, Liam included. Karn was going to work their asses off, but to see the last shards of guilt fade from his friend's expression was enough of a reward for what they'd be subjected to. He couldn't leave it at that though...he wouldn't be Brandon if he did.

"So, just to assuage my curiosity...can you explain to us why we even need the Praetorians anymore? I mean, it's not as if the Vârcolac need any protection. They could take us out with probably only one or two of them breaking any kind of sweat."

It was a valid question despite the fact it was asked in jest. Karn didn't answer, though he did look to Mac. The Praetorian leader's expression was relaxed, his arm wrapped around his mate.

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,499 Followers