Temper Tantrum

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There were tears in her eyes as I continued:

"The truth is that I think Joey is a looser and, you're right, I don't believe he will change. You have a lot to offer a man and I don't just mean your sexy body or your beautiful face. You have a good heart and a fantastic personality that shouldn't be wasted on me or any other one-night stands. I'm not a divorce attorney but I know a few and one, in particular, who owes me some favors so if you decide to dump Joey, I'm sure he'll do it pro bono. Besides, the divorce would be a slam dunk. Your husband's in the slammer and he got caught with drugs and other women, not once but twice"

She was wiping tears from her eyes but managed to stammer:

"Thank you, Sal. I'm so sorry and ashamed. I guess I'm just lonely and afraid of the future."

We talked a little more and I convinced her that driving to pick up the kids was a bad idea, her having had more than a couple of glasses of wine. Unfortunately, when I suggested that the boys stay overnight at her mom's she informed me that her mom had a doctor's appointment early the next morning.

I wasn't looking forward to making the one-hour round trip to my mother-in-law's house but it was a good way to extricate myself from an uncomfortable situation so I volunteered to pick them up. As I was about to leave I realized that I had left my cell phone at home so I asked Maureen to call my wife and tell her I was picking up the kids.

"What should I tell her? Please don't tell Catherine what happened. Please, Sal", she added pleadingly.

"Tell her the leak took a little longer to fix than I anticipated. As for what 'didn't happen. Forgeddabout it," I said in my best Robert Deniro accent.

******************

Catherine:

When I awoke Friday morning my traitorous husband was still asleep. I dressed silently so as not to wake him. That evening my company was having a combination retirement and awards dinner at the downtown Sheraton. The firm I worked for, 'PDQ, Pearlman, Darby and Quinn, was honoring the founding partner, Michael Quinn, as he was retiring and two other attorneys, both women, were being made partner.

It was mostly a back slapping, ass kissing event that I had previously intended to skip since I had no intention of trying to climb the corporate ladder. Now, however, I thought it might be wise to keep my options open.

My blood was still boiling over what Sal and my treacherous sister had done and I contemplating wearing my short red cocktail dress with matching four-inch heels. In the end, I decided on something a little less seductive but still sexy. The black skirt that I selected was fairly tight with a small slit in the material on one side and combined with a white silk blouse that showed a moderate amount of cleavage along with a pair of four-inch black heels, I was prepared to initiate my revenge.

I left a curt note for Sal on the kitchen table:

"Sal,

Remember, I am going to the company awards dinner tonight. I Will probably be late."

Since originally, I had not intended to go, I had never mentioned the event to Sal but I was sure that he wouldn't remember that fact and if he did I really didn't care at this point.

I added my name to the list of attendees as soon as I arrived at work and later in the morning my "team leader", we didn't use the word supervisor, knocked and entered my office with a big smile.

"Hey, Cat, I heard that you decided to grace us common folk tonight at the dinner. What made you decide to endure all of those boring, self-aggrandizing speeches" I can't imagine sitting through all of that bullshit if you don't have to. Hell, if I could find a way out I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Jokingly, I replied, I just couldn't resist a free prime rib dinner ----Oh! and your company, of course."

"Good, because I got you the last seat at my table, which as you know is in very high demand, he said with a wink.

Josh Brollly, our team leader, was a good looking, affable man in his late thirties. He was well liked by everyone and was probably on the short list to be made a partner. We had worked closely on several projects over the years and although he flirted with me a bit he respected that I was married and never crossed any boundaries. He was built similar to my husband, six feet, approximately a hundred eighty pounds. Unlike Sal, he had blonde hair, a light complexion and startling green eyes.

Once while at a business lunch I asked him why he never married. He jokingly replied:

"I guess that I played the field too long and now all the good ones, like you, are taken. I think I'm relegated to a lonely, shallow existence," he laughed

"I think I've seen a couple of the women in the office giving you the eye," I said, teasingly

Josh, being first generation Irish still had a touch of brogue which he occasionally would embellish.

"Well, love, there is that but a couple of them are married and I do not pursue married women. If they pursue me I get me running shoes on and head the other way. I don't need to be a respondent in a divorce case, or worse yet, git me noggin whacked some dark night when I'm leaving a pub after a pint or two."

With a wink, he added: "Of course, now, if you ever decide to part ways with your hubby and want to trade up, please keep me in mind."

He knew Sal was a partner in a prestigious firm so the comment was meant to be self-deprecating.

I arrived at the Sheraton a little early, since it was only ten minutes from my office, and there were already some people seated but most were in small groups milling about near the open bar. It had been a busy day but the image of Sal and my bitch of a sister was never far from my mind. Now that work was behind me that image was even more predominant. Shit! I thought, he didn't even take the trouble to take his pants off, just opened his fly and rammed it home. The bastards probably didn't even take the time to use a condom.

My dark thoughts were interrupted when, from behind me, I heard the lilt of that familiar Irish brogue:

"Can I buy a lass a drink, my treat, of course."

I had to chuckle despite myself as Josh moved in next to me. Trying to mimic his accent I said:

"Ya, big spender ya are now, ain't ya." He laughed and leaning into my ear, whispered:

"Don't give up your day job, you sound somewhere between a Scot and a Swede."

We talked about work and gossiped about some of the people in the room. I was half way through my second cosmo and he his second Guinness when one of the junior partners took the mike and announced that we should all take our seats, dinner was about to be served.

The conversation during dinner was pleasant but guarded. There were four other people at our table. There was Mildred Cormer, another contract attorney who would cut your heart out with a butter knife if she could get a new desk blotter out of it. Next to her was a young guy not long out of law school who seemed to have set his sights on Skinny Milly, as we referred to her behind her back. Actually she was attractive if you were into the emancipated Clarista Lockhart look. Also at the table were Joanne Duccette, a heavy set, long time, para legal and a man who introduced himself as Barry Find, a CPA from another department.

I had just finished my third Cosmo when the founding partner Michael Quinn strolled up to the mike and tapped it to get the crowds attention. Michael was a large third generation Irishman with curly white hair and a booming baritone voice. When the chatter finally died down, he began:

"Thank you all for coming here tonight to celebrate my retirement but don't think you won't be seeing me again. I'm still on the board. After all we can't lose the "Q" in PDQ."

Polite laughter ensured as he continued:

"First off I would like to congratulate our two new partners, Janice Wellbrock and Louise McCarthy. Would you ladies please stand."

Dutifully the two ladies stood and looking around acknowledged the mild applause.

"The second thing I would like to say is that I have, over the years, been to more awards and promotion dinners than I care to recall. I once, literally, knocked my water glass over as my eyes glazed over during a third inconsequential speech of the evening."

He held up his hand to stifle the laughter and almost without pause said:

"This is not going to be one of those nights. All that I am going to say is that I appreciate your hard work, whether you are new to the firm or are long standing veterans. So, my parting gift to you is to promise there will be no more flattering, flowery speeches about my 'numerous' legal conquests or my 'vast knowledge of corporate law. It is you who have dedicated untold time and effort that have made this firm what it is today."

"Enjoy the evening. The bar will be open till the last man or lady is standing. Some of you have taken advantage of our offer for overnight accommodations but if you haven't and have not arranged for transportation home, if you imbibe too much, I urge you to take a taxi and not get behind the wheel. The ride is on the firm just submit it as an expense."

To the sound of applause and cheers he stepped away from the mike with a casual wave and the music began.

I'm sure everyone was delighted. Most of us expected at least an hour or more of speeches given by people who deliver bullshit for a living and make you think it's chocolate candy. As the waiter walked by I ordered another Cosmo and "a Guinness for my friend here". Looking at Josh and smirking, I added: don't worry Lad, I'm buying". With that I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

I was buzzed already and after the next drink I was pretty well toasted. I tucked my anger into the back of my mind and knowing that Josh had taken advantage of the firm's 'free room, I decided that revenge was to be my course of action. If Sal could so easily betray our marriage I was going to give him a dose of his own medicine. During a slow dance, I made sure Josh could feel my tits pushed into his chest and my pelvis grinding into his groin. My efforts weren't in vain because I could feel him getting erect as the song segued into another slow number.

Half way through the number Josh pulled away slightly to look into my eyes and asked suspiciously:

"What's going on Cat? You know I don't chase married women and if you're hitting on me, well, I didn't bring my running shoes."

******************

What Josh lacked in endowment he certainly made up in experience. With all the alcohol, I had consumed I fell asleep after my third or fourth orgasm. When I awoke Josh was sound asleep with his arm draped over my chest, his hand holding my breast and the digital clock on the night stand read 1:45 AM. I reached down and started to knead his penis and when it started to stir I moved my head down onto his stomach. I teased the head of his cock with my tongue and when he was fully awake I slid my mouth along his shaft a few times before rolling over on to my hands and knees. I wanted him to cum as deep in me as possible before I left to go home.

*******************

Salvatore

When I woke Friday morning I was surprised not to find my wife lying next to me since we usually left for work around the same time. I was more surprised to find the note on the kitchen table advising me that she was going to a company function that evening. I have to admit that I was a little ashamed that I had not recalled her mentioning it but was somewhat abashed at the brevity of her note. I chalked it up to her being put off by the fact that I had not remembered and continued to dress for work.

Knowing that Cathy would not be home that evening, on the way home, I stopped and picked up an Italian hero from Tony's Pizzeria. After enjoying my sausage and pepper sandwich and a couple of scotches while watching the TV, I decided to go to bed. I wasn't worried about Cat, it was only 12:30 and I knew from having attended a number of these type of functions that the speeches were interminable. Besides my wife wasn't much of a drinker and I fell asleep shortly after crawling into bed.

I awoke around 7:30 in the morning with an urgent need to pee and pop a couple of aspirin to rid my foggy brain of the previous night's scotch. My side of the bed was closest to the master bath so I didn't look over at Cathy. I didn't have to. I knew by the instinct of so many years of marriage that she had been lying next to me.

After popping a couple of pills and splashing water on my face I figured I'd slip back into bed for a bit and see if I could get lucky. My wife never went to sleep without either a night gown or a long tee shirt so I was very surprised, shocked almost, to see her lying asleep on her back completely naked. Despite being nude, she looked disheveled. She never goes to sleep without washing the makeup off her face or running a brush through her hair but this morning the remnants of her makeup was smeared and her hair.was askew. My first thought was that she had over indulged, which would in itself be very unusual, and hoped I she had been smart enough to have taken a cab home.

As I was standing there contemplating waking her and while admiring her naked breasts something grabbed my attention, taking my breath away. On her left breast, just above the nipple there was a prominent love bite.

I continued to stare at it thinking I must be mistaken it had to be something else since I had not given her a hickey since before we were married. The next thing to jump up and punch me in the gut was the crusty substance dried on the inside of her upper thighs. Next, I noticed that she had not hung up her clothes and they were all carelessly thrown onto the chair next to the window. My heart had started to pound and I felt light headed as I turned to retrieve her panties from the chair.

'The confirmation of the substance on her thighs was still there drying in the crotch of her panties. I don't know how long I stood there in disbelief trying to think of an explanation that would explain this nightmare. My hands were shaking and I could feel the thumping of my carotid artery as I turned to face her.

She hadn't moved a muscle but her eyes were now wide-open staring at me with a look of defiance on her face. I was still in a state of shocked disbelief because I said nothing, just stood there holding her panties and shaking my head from side to side. In a voice devoid of emotion, she said:

"Now you know how I felt. Payback's a bitch, ain't it?" Without another word she reached down pulling the sheet over her naked body and turned on her side facing away from me.

Shit! I'm a lawyer. I'm never at a loss for words but at that moment I was speechless. I continued to stand there waiting for an explanation. "What the hell was she talking about. Payback? Payback for what?'

My brain was starting to function and I realized one thing. It didn't matter what she thought she was punishing me for, she had committed the ultimate act of betrayal and nothing she could say mattered one god damn bit. I went into my closet and hurriedly threw on some clothes and was about to leave when I realized I might not be back here for a while so I returned to the bathroom and stuffed some toiletries in a travel bag along with a few extra shirts and some underwear. I grabbed my watch and wallet off my dresser and as an afterthought took my wedding band off and put it in their place.

CATHERINE

Most of Saturday I spent vacillating between sorrow and rage. Sal had left without a word and I was frustrated that he hadn't screamed at me or that I hadn't been able to describe the hurt that he had caused me. I busied myself around the house with mindless chores because I was having a hard time keeping myself together. I needed someone to talk to, someone's shoulder to cry on. The person I normally would have gone to was Maureen but that was certainly out of the question. I couldn't decide who I was more furious at, my husband or my sister.

I half expected Sal to come home at some point that day but by nine o'clock that night I knew it was a lost cause. The two calls I made to him went directly to voice mail and both messages that I left were basically the same: "You need to come back home- - - ,or at least call. Running away from our problem is not going to resolve anything."

How could he be acting as the wounded party when he was the one who had betrayed our marriage. I slept poorly Saturday night and when I awoke early Sunday morning I was starting to have doubts about the retribution I had sought in Josh's bed. From what I could remember after five Cosmopolitans, the sex had been good. Josh was a considerate and skilled lover and had brought me to several orgasms with his mouth even before we had made love.

No, that's not right. We didn't make love. He fucked me and I fucked him back. After the first time, he ejaculated in me and brought me to another orgasm we rested awhile before I brought him to another erection with my mouth. Not that I had much experience with penises but his seemed average, about the same size as Sal's.

Actually, my body was rather spent when he entered me the second time but I was a woman on a mission. I wanted to make sure that I had enough seamen in me to accomplish my task.

My anger had somewhat abated and I was having bouts of guilt when at one o'clock I heard a knock on the back door. I nervously went to answer it, hoping it was Sal. We needed to talk and I needed to know if he was having an ongoing affair with my sister or if what I had witnessed was a foolish, one time, indiscretion. Either way, I knew that this would be a very difficult discussion, and I steeled myself for the confrontation.

To my utter astonishment it wasn't Sal but my sister, Mo, standing there when Opening the door. I was at a momentary loss for words as she brushed past me into the kitchen. When I finally gathered my thoughts, I hissed:

"What the fuck do you want. You have some nerve coming here after what you did with my husband." Where is he, by the way, did he spend the night in your bed?"

My rage was beginning to surface but before I could continue my rant, she said"

"Listen Cat, we have to talk, I want- - - -,"

I cut her off and was now yelling:

No, we don't have to talk. As a matter of fact, I don't ever want to talk to you again. I don't ever even want to see you again, you back stabbing bitch." You fucked my husband and the only thing I need to hear from you is how long. How many times have you fucked him behind my back?"

Uninvited, she sat down heavily on a kitchen chair and with a look of despair on her face, continued:

"I know what you think you saw. I asked Sal not to say anything to you but when I saw the pizza box on the counter Friday morning I knew you must have been there. I'm sure Sal must have told you what happened - - -, what almost happened. I just came here to apologize."

"Don't give me that bullshit. I know what I saw and I saw you fucking him on your couch. Shit, he didn't even take the time to remove his pants, just pulled it out and stuck it in. Do you think I didn't notice that he didn't get home till well after eleven. I guess you guys finally were able to move your act to the bedroom."

All this was said furiously as I stood glaring at her with my fists clenched so hard that my nails were digging into my palms. I had to wipe the spittle off my lips when I finished.

"Let me tell you what your saw, Catherine. You saw your lonely, drunk and jealous sister trying to seduce your faithful husband. I didn't intend to try to steal him away from you I just wanted to borrow him for an hour or so. I wanted to use him to make me feel wanted again. I wanted to get even with you for always having made the right choices; for being the daughter that our parents were always proud of and for having a life that you can look forward to."