Tempest City, Cherry Apple Tears Ch. 04-05

Story Info
Hala meets November-Eve.
2.2k words
4.5
9.6k
1
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/25/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 4

Hala walked out of Black Dragon… ‘Great it’s raining.’ She said to herself as she shook her head. ‘Could it get any worse?’ Then she thought she heard someone behind her. When she turned, nobody was there, just a cloud of mist. She was beginning to feel uneasy again. Hala began to walk a little faster. She could feel the darkness beginning to consume her entire being… why was she scared of the dark; she never used to be. She knew she was being followed, and she knew she could not go home. She did not want who ever it was to know where she lived. In addition, she could not go to Anwar’s house. ‘I have to get out of the rain.’ She thought as she quickly ducked into an alley. She saw a little shed at the far end. ‘I hope nobody is inside.’ She thought as she ran to it.

As she reached to open the door, it swung open. An older woman was standing there. “Quickly child, come in.” She said as she pulled on Hala’s arm. “You are going to catch your death out there.”

“Please, someone is following me…” Hala whispered in a trembling voice.

“Everything is fine now…” She said as she pushed the wet hair off Hala’s forehead. “Please set down and drink a cup of tea.”

“Who are you?” She asked in a timid voice.

“I am November-Eve… and I know many things.” She replied

“What do you know about me?” She asked

November-Eve smiled then said, “Everything… and I know that it scares you. But you must believe me.”

“Are you a psychic?” She asked

“Yes…and we have talked many times before.” She said. Hala just looked up at her as if she were trying to remember. She was about to say something when November-Eve started talking again. “I wish I could help you remember, but it is not allowed.” She sighed, “I can’t tell you about your past, but I can tell you about you future…but to be on the safe side, I am going to have you ask me the questions.”

“Ok…can I ask who isn’t letting you tell me my past?” She asked

“No, I can’t tell you that…” She sighed. “I wish I could… but I am sure all the peaces of the puzzle will fall into place soon enough.”

“I hope so.” Hala replied, “I hate the feeling of seeing someone and knowing I should know them, but I really have no idea who they are. And thinking that I am forgetting something so important, like a loved one, or something I was supposed to do.”

“Hala, you are in for a long bumpy journey, with many twists and turns. Just remember everything happens for a reason. Moreover, everything will work out for the best. Even if at the time it seems like there will never be a light at the end of the darkness, the light always comes. It’s the balance in life; there is no good with out evil, so there is no darkness without the light.” She replied then sipped her tea.

“Well the light should hurry up and get here.” She said edgily. “What can you tell me about my future… I guess I could ask the question all girls want an answer too.” She sighed, “Will I marry and have children?”

“Before I answer you, you must understand… you can not avoid your future, you can’t hide from it. It will happen no matter what.” She said then regretting her words knowing she was frightening Hala. “You will have two children. Two beautiful girls and they will be as different as night and day. However, unfortunately you will not marry. You are heart is going to have to make a choice. There will be two men in your life very soon. Moreover, one of which is you soul mate, and he always will be. The other will try to win you over, doing everything in his power to make you his forever.”

“What choice?” Hala asked, “And why won’t I get married?”

“Only time can answer those questions dear.” She said holding back the truth.

“Will I be happy?” She asked, with little if any hope left.

“Yes.” She replied, “Now dear no more talk tonight. You need your rest; you have one hell of a journey a head of you.” Then she pointed to a small sofa, “You may sleep there if you don’t wish to walk home in the rain.”

“Oh, I couldn’t… I don’t want to be an inconvenience.” Hala said as she stood up.

“None sense I insist.” She said as she took Hala’s hand a pulled her over to the sofa.

A dark new comer crept the wet streets of Tempest City… Waiting for the dark ones to come out to play. He was walking down Main Street when he saw one of the most beautiful angels he had ever seen. She looked up at him and smiled. Golden curls framed her sweet face. He casually walked up to her, “What is a sweet girl like you doing out on such a dreary night?” He asked in a voice as smooth as velvet.

She smiled innocently, “I like to feel the rain on my skin… reminds me that I am a live.” She replied, “And what about yourself?”

“Walking in the rain is one of my favorite things to do in the evening… but at this time I have just got in town, and thought I would walk around and get to know the place.” He replied, “Oh where have my manors gone?” He said then extended his hand, “I’m Sage Dupree.” Then he kissed her hand.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She replied, “My name is Anwar Tramayne.” As she blushed.

“Would you like to go for a walk with me?” He asked sweetly

“I can’t.” She answered quickly

“Oh.” He said, “Its ok, I understand. I mean we did just meet. I suppose it would be stupid to walk off in the dark with a stranger.”

“No, it’s not that.” She replied as she looked up at her apartment window. “I can’t leave because I have a baby.”

“Oh.” He replied, looking a little concerned that she would leave her baby unattended.

“He is sleeping right now.” She added, “If you like you can come over for lunch tomorrow.” She offered, maybe he was a vampire like Kadin. Lord knows nobody needed that kind of trouble again.

“I would be honored to.” He replied with an innocent smile.

“I’ll see you then.” She said as she turned to go back up stairs. Once in the door she smiled and thought, ‘A normal guy…this is too good to be true!’ Then she walked to Aden’s room, peaked in, and made sure he was still sleeping. Her heart soared when her gaze rested upon her little miracle…he glowed with innocents.

Chapter 5

Hala woke expecting to see November-Eve setting at the table nevertheless, she was alone. She sighed, ‘Am I always alone?’ she asked herself with a heavy heart she stood up and walked out the door. She glanced down at her watch… “Good I have time to go home and take a quick shower before going to Anwar’s house.” She said aloud to nobody. She quickly walked down the wet street; murky water splashed onto her black boots, leaving muddy spots. She looked down and frowned, “If it’s not one thing it’s another.” She sighed. Then she noticed everyone she passed looked at her strangely, “Is there something on my face?” She thought as she started walking faster; a hot shower was sounding better and better. Hala had been closer to home than she thought. She walked in and went straight to the bathroom… just standing in there listening to the water run relaxed her. “This is just what the doctor ordered.” She said as she slipped out of her work cloths, revealing her milky white flesh. Glancing at her nearly perfect body in the mirror she thought, ‘Do I ever get out in the sun? I am too white!’ Then she carefully stepped into the shower.

Just after Hala rinsed out the shampoo from her hair, she heard the phone ring. She quickly turned off the water and grabbed a towel. “Hello.” She said as she dripped water everywhere.

“Hey I was just calling to see if you were still coming over for lunch.” Anwar said happily.

“Yeah I am still coming over. I was taking a shower.” She replied

“Oh.” Anwar said, “I didn’t know if you were awake yet or not.”

“Well yes I am awake.” She said, “But why do you sound so cheerful today. Not that you sound unhappy other days.”

“I met a guy last night. His name is Sage Dupree; and he is so handsome, and sweet. Oh I can’t wait for you to meet him.” She answered

“How did you meet him?” Hala asked intrigued

“I was standing outside last night when it was raining. Aden was asleep and I wanted some fresh air. I was about to go back inside when this man approached me. We talked for a little bit…he asked me to join him for a walk, but I explained I could not. Then I asked him to come over for lunch.” She explained excitedly.

“Is he from around here?” Hala asked, as she got a bad feeling.

“No, he is new in town, and well I thought he could use a friend or two.” Anwar replied, “But I need to get off here and pick up the house a bit.” “Alright… I’ll be over after I get dressed.” Hala said before they hung up.

By the time Hala, arrived Sage had been there for a while and was enjoying the company of Anwar and Aden. “Sage I’d like you to meet my older sister Hala.” She said as they stood to face each other.

He extended his hand. “Nice to meet you.” Hala said forgetting the bad feeling she had only an hour before.

“Same here.” He replied, ‘Another angel.’ He laughed to himself, ‘This is going to be an interesting city.’

“Anwar said you were new in town.” Hala said trying to make conversation.

“Yes.” He answered, “I need a change in scenery I guess you could say.”

“I should do that some time; go on a road trip.” Anwar said as Aden looked at her questioningly. Anwar caressed his cheek and said assuring, “Not until you’re older though”

“So do you have another sisters or brothers?” Sage asked

“Yes, we have a younger sister, Akalei; she lives out of town with her boyfriend. They are expecting a baby soon.” Anwar answered.

Sage looked at his watch as if he had to be somewhere soon. “Anwar I know I said I would be staying for lunch, but I ran into an old friend last night and he offered me a business deal that I would be a fool to refuse. And I need to be getting to a meeting.” He said, when he saw she looked disappointed he added, “But if you like we can go out for dinner some time.”

“I would like that very much.” She replied. Then she jotted her number down and handed him the paper, “Just give me a call and let me know when.”

He smiled and replied, “I’ll do that.” Then he put the number in his pocket, “Well, it was nice meeting you.” He said to Hala.

“You too.” She replied as Anwar walked him to the door.

When Anwar came back and sat down Hala noticed she was a little disappointed. “Maybe he really did have a meeting.” She said trying to cheer her up. “Besides he wants to take you out sometime.”

“I know, but I was really looking forward to getting to know him better.” She sighed.

“You still get to, just not today.” She said as she picked up Aden. “How is my little handsome?”

“He has been better; Aden is teething.” Anwar said as she pulled down his bottom lip to show Hala two teeth. “Seems like he is growing up over night.”

Sage crept down the ally behind Anwar’s building…Looking around for the door to his bosses hidden office. He smiled with anticipation as he entered the door and walked towards his boss’s desk. “Mr. Dupree.” Sage’s boss said, “Do you have anything good for me?”

“Yes, Sir.” He replied, “There are three angels, two in this City.”

“Well, no shit.” He said slightly angry. “We have known this for a while now. Do you have the names of these angels?”

“Yes.” He said, “Hala, Anwar and Akalei Tramayne.”

“Really…” The man laughed evilly. “The one who killed Kadin was an angel. That is rich! I knew that poor bastard wasn’t as powerful as he put on.”

“You knew Kadin?” Sage asked

“Yes, he was my master…my creator. And now I guess I should avenge his death, though I had planed on killing Hala anyway, this will just make it sweeter.”

“What shall I do?” Sage asked wanting to be apart of this evil.

“Date Anwar, gain her trust…then when you get what you want out of her kill her.” He replied

“And what of her son?” Sage asked

“Her son is the king; no doubt he will be on to us soon.” He said, “Get her out away from him, somewhere you can be alone, win her over, hypnotize her if you need to, and just make her want you more than her own son.”