The 80/20 Solution Ch. 01-02

Story Info
Friday Night and Sunday Night.
9.4k words
4.59
53k
24

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/18/2022
Created 05/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,184 Followers

Author's note: This is a long work totaling 14 chapters. They will be submitted two at a time over several weeks. It includes elements of erotic coupling, shared wives, and lesbian sex; but overall I consider it a romance although it is under the Novel and Novella section. If sex is the only thing of interest, you might want to look elsewhere. The first two chapters contain little sex but are critical to the balance of the story. I hope that you enjoy it.

1. Typical Friday Night

Emily sat curled up on the couch with her legs folded back under her shapely hips in a very relaxed position. Her skirt flared around and covered her in a decent manner. She glanced around the room noting the other seven people innocently involved in a variety of activities. Paula and Jim were quietly talking in an animated manner on the other couch. Without hearing a word, she knew that they were discussing some upcoming play or musical production.

Wendy and Rod were actually in the next room, shooting one of the various games that can be played on a pool table. The view from the living room where Emily sat was unobstructed and allowed Emily to clearly see Wendy's cleavage every time she leaned over and her blouse fell away from her chest. She was also aware that Rod was paying close attention to this same image each time it was her time to shoot. Emily grinned at his leering.

The other couple, Nikki and Jordan, was in the kitchen, manufacturing some new but undoubtedly delicious tidbits for the evening. Finally, her eyes fell on the form of the eighth person, Julian, who everyone called Jay. Actually, Jay had been sitting next to Emily until a few minutes before when he left to refill their drinks from the bar.

Jay's timely exit to the bar had allowed her this moment of introspection and, in fact, helped trigger the Great Epiphany; at least, that is what Emily came to call it.

As she scanned the people in the room, she became extremely aware that these people were ideally suited to each other. While to some, this observation would have elicited little more than a knowing smile; Emily was suddenly tuned into the fact that these ideal couples were totally tuned in to each other, a fact that was somewhat obscured in that each party was married to one of the other parties in the room.

Emily herself was married to Rod. His companion for the evening, Wendy, was Jordan's wife. Nikki was sworn to Jim. Finally, Paula, the youngest person present, was married to Jay, who was pouring Emily another wine when this powerful imagery overcame her. It wasn't specifically a sexual imagery although there are light overtones. As far as Emily was aware, there had been no serious physical contact between any of them; but she was also aware that there were some stimulating feelings and responses floating around the room that could translate into more serious activities if any of the parties chose to go in that direction.

She was aware that her eyes frequently dwelt on Jay's ass when he walked across the room. He also seemed to cast his eyes over her upper torso as they sat together on the couch, each sitting at three quarters so that they could easily look and talk with each other as well as engage the others when necessary.

She had also noticed how frequently Nikki and Jordan bumped each other while getting creative in the kitchen. Wendy's round necked peasant blouses were her preferred casual wear for weekends. She typically wore a lacy bra to hold her full D cup breasts in place. She wasn't particularly modest, so everyone had frequently seen her cleavage as she bent over. Emily's husband, Rod, got more than his share of looks because of their frequent interaction. For her part, Wendy frequently found ways to touch Rod on his arms or shoulders, innocent touches to be sure, but touches none the less.

Paula and Jim were slightly different because of their shared passion for the arts. These passions showed in highly animated discussions and frequent recreations of scenes from movies or plays. It was also not uncommon for them to spontaneously jump up and dance if a piece of music was playing that caught their fancy. They were both elegant and fluid in their movements and the others often enjoyed watching the couple as they moved together.

As Emily noticed Jay returning to her with two wine glasses in his hands and a small plate balanced carefully on top of the glasses, she admired his gentle sway. She let her mind flash to how these four sets of friends had gotten together.

Each of the couples had settled in the Dallas suburb after completing college. None had family nearby, so it was natural for them to become involved with extended families of friends. They had initially all met through friends or some other link. Emily and Wendy were sorority sisters although Wendy was two years ahead of Emily. They knew each other but weren't particularly close in college. Jay and Jim worked at the same company but in different departments. The others had mutual friends who ultimately brought the four couples together over a two year span. Several of the mutual friends had moved or were transferred, but the four had discovered the connections and remained friends. Over the past year the four had gravitated into a close-knit group. It helped that they all lived within 2 miles of each other and that they each found deeply shared interests with one another. Now, the four couples had evolved an almost regular schedule.

Friday night had become wind down evening rotating between their houses. Tonight was at Wendy and Jordan's house and was a fairly typical Friday. The stress of week washed away with drinks and snacks and the ramping up of their varied interests. Saturday became "take care of personal business day" as they ran errands and did house and yard work. It was not uncommon for the women to shop together and the guys to share various jobs as they came up. Sunday had become fun day. They often met for a group brunch at one of the homes when Nikki and Jordan usually shined with a tasty buffet. This was followed by some group activity. They went to the lake or to the big monthly flea market. Occasionally they went to a movie, ballgame, or other event. Wendy and Jordan were having a pool installed and they were all eagerly waiting the big inauguration scheduled for two weeks. To sum it up, each of the four couples seemed happy and compatible both within their individual marriages and within the dynamics of the group as a whole. To her knowledge, there didn't seem to be any simmering marital conflict in the group and she had not seen any particular jealousy as the spouses attended to a different partner on Friday nights.

It was this combination that had crystallized to Emily as she sat awaiting Jay's return. She suddenly saw a potential for something even more special than they already had. And the imagery made her flush slightly in her cheeks. Suddenly, she became aware that Jay was standing in front of her with the two glasses and plate of nibbles. He was looking down at her with a grin. Finally he spoke, "Earth to Emily; you have permission to land at home base." This caused Emily to flush a little more as she pulled back from her mental journey.

"Thanks, Jay." She said as she took the balanced plate off the glass and set it on the couch between them. He sat and handed her the glass with the nice merlot. He settled down on the couch with his glass of Riesling. Emily took two grapes from the plate and popped one in her mouth and then popped the other into Jay's mouth.

"Want to let me into the universe you were exploring?" He asked.

"I don't think I can right now. It was just flashes of imagery that weren't really coherent. Let me get them settled down and maybe we can talk them through." She replied.

While the other spouses shared a more or less specific interest like cooking, sports, and the arts, Jay and Emily shared a more cerebral activity. They were both highly creative thinkers who spent a good deal of time exploring ideas and events. They discussed politics, social issues, business issues, and occasionally personal issues. They dissected them, tried out various hypotheses, explored "what if" scenarios, and put various pieces together that led them to some conclusion or another. They seldom solved all of the world's problems, but always came away from these discussions with clearer insight into whatever the issue was. Frequently, a discussion would carry over for several weeks as one or the other would have a new thought or idea to add to the mix.

Emily was a strategic long range planner for her company while Jay was a marketing specialist focusing on long term customer needs. Both possessed highly developed logical thought processes as well as the ability to look forward and backwards. These skills fed off of the matching skills of the other. Emily usually went home on Fridays feeling highly exhilarated and frequently sexually aroused from the discussions. Rod usually benefitted with some of the best sex they had after Emily and Jay talked on a Friday night. The others pretty well left them alone when they got going as the discussions were far too deep or too intense for them.

"Have I mentioned to you that you have a cute ass?" Emily just popped that question seemingly out of nowhere.

"Ah," replied Jay, "That's where you were. You were in deep contemplation of the cuteness of my ass. I think you have mentioned that on occasion. I didn't think that asses were one of your personal obsessions; but hey, to each his own, as they say. By the way, yours isn't bad either for an old woman."

"Old woman! Why I ought to take your cute young ass over my lap and spank some respect into it." Emily grinned as she playfully swatted his left bicep. At thirty one, Emily was three years older than Jay and this kind of banter was a common theme if they were in a joking mode.

"Promises, promises; always promises." Jay replied grinning. He took a couple of grapes and repeated Emily's actions and slipped one into each of their mouths.

"I wasn't obsessing over your ass particularly. I just noticed how cute it was as I was looking around at the others and I thought I would pay you a compliment."

"Well thanks, I guess. You have my permission to obsess over it if you want to." The younger man replied, teasingly.

"I'll take that under consideration." She replied, and then continued "Let me ask you a question. How do you feel when you go home after one of these Friday night get-togethers?"

"Hmm." He looked thoughtful. "I guess the best way to describe it is that I am very relaxed. Is that what you were looking for?"

"Not really. I guess I'm asking what you are feeling in your head when you go home. That isn't right either. When I go home after a night like this I feel full, satisfied. Yes, I'm relaxed, but more than that. It's like I feel after a meal when I am hungry. It is like our discussions fill a need I have, that I can't really explain but when we have them, I feel them fulfilled. Does that make sense?"

After a moment of introspection, Jay replied "Yes, I think it does. For me, all week long I am dealing with facts, things, and how to make these things come together. Frankly, by Friday I look forward to getting together as a group but more particularly, I look forward to talking with you. It is stimulating. It makes me get away from the week's stuff and allows me to explore more abstract things. You have the ability to pull me into area that I don't get to go to very often. It feels nice. I hope I don't embarrass you if I say, it is almost erotic. I mean we haven't done anything especially erotic, but the discussions leave me feeling like we have. So when I go home, I am somewhat aroused and Paula and I usually have great sex on Fridays." Jay blushed a little at this admission.

"I'm glad you said that because that is exactly what I was thinking but couldn't come up with the words to describe it. It does feel erotic to explore ideas even if they aren't necessarily erotic themselves. And yes, when I go home, I am ready for sex and we usually have good lovemaking too. Rod seems very aroused also. But I think his looking down Wendy's blouse all night might have something to do with it."

"Well, to be honest, that is an appealing sight and he would have to be comatose if it didn't have some affect on him."

"What about Paula, if you don't mind my asking? How does she seem when she gets home?"

"Now that you mention it, she also seems very responsive. I like the arts alright but not at the depth she does. As a teacher, she loves creating the lesson plans and putting them in action. Unfortunately, the strict structure of the education system always seems to put a damper on her exhilaration. But after an evening with Jim, it is almost like she has taken an aphrodisiac. "

"Have you guys ever discussed it? Or have you just taken advantage of the results?"

"We talked a little about it some after we began getting together regularly, but not recently. It is like we both know that the other if having fun and we accept that as a good thing."

"How do you think you would feel if I or someone like me wasn't here for you to bounce things off of?"

"Let's see. We go to a party at a friend's house. She has a friend like Jim who she can get involved in her passion with but I am standing around alone making idle chit chat with whoever is available. We go home with her feeling high but I've just existed for the evening. I suppose I would feel a little down because she had a good time and I was left out. I mean if I had someone like you normally but you couldn't be here for some reason, it probably wouldn't bother me much. But if there was no one to relate to over time, it would get old pretty quickly. So in that case, I guess I would get frustrated and probably start feeling something like jealously. She would be having a great time and I would be left out."

"That makes sense. If there wasn't something there for you, you would tend to develop negative feelings that you would express as jealousy directed toward your wife. But if there was a compensating or balancing influence for you, you could accept that your wife was having an extraordinary time for herself. Hmm."

"What are you driving at or toward?"

"I'm not sure. I wanted to see if your perspective on what we do had a similar effect on you as it does on me. And I can see myself a little better now. If I was just standing around like you said, and Rod was busily ogling Wendy's boobs, I would probably feel the same thing, some form of jealousy. I don't know that it would actually be jealousy though. It would be me-centered rather than him-centered."

"Well, isn't jealousy always me-centered? I mean, if you found out Rod was having a romantic dalliance with Wendy, you would feel jealous and probably angry toward Rod. But aren't you really saying that you are jealous because you were left out?"

"OK, I see what you are saying. But if I had a romance going with you at the same time, I could still feel jealous and angry, couldn't I?"

"I guess that is possible. Let's see. You and I are involved to some extent. Rod and Wendy are also involved to some extent. Let's take it to the limit and say that actual sex was going on. I would guess that you are satisfied with our relationship otherwise you wouldn't be having sex with me. And Rod would be satisfied otherwise he wouldn't be having sex with Wendy. So you are both satisfied and fulfilled with what you are doing. But you are still feeling anger and jealousy. I guess you could be feeling inferior if you felt that Wendy was a better lover than you were. I guess you could feel threatened that Wendy could take Rod away from you. You could feel anger at Rod if you felt that he had lost interest in you. Or maybe, you just feel like you want, need, or deserve more than Rod. You think that he should be satisfied with only you while you want or need more. But as I say this, I can accept that these are possible scenarios but none of them fits the real you that I know. You are confident and seem secure in yourself and your relationship with Rod. I don't see you threatened by any of these things. What do you think?"

"I can see what you are saying and you are right, none of them are feelings I have, at least at this time. What about you and Paula? What if Paula was playing around with Jim and you and I were also involved? "

"Actually, when I was talking through that scenario, I was thinking about Paula and Jim, not Wendy and Rod. So what I said still stands. But I just thought of a couple of other things that might trigger those feelings. First, presumably we married the person we did because we felt love and compatibility. But now we find that we aren't perfect for each other because we don't fulfill all of our spouse's needs. That could lead to feelings of inadequacy that could also lead to anger and jealousy. And then there is also the issue of limits and boundaries."

"Well, I think the first one is a little weak. We already know that we don't fulfill all of our spouse's needs. You enjoy the arts, but not to the depth of Paula's interest. She needs to find someone to fill that need. I like sports to an extent but not to the same degree that Rod does. So Wendy fills that part of Rod. You fill my need to explore all of these questions that we come up with. Rod and I talk, but he doesn't want to go to the depths that I need to explore. So we are already not everything to our spouse and it doesn't appear to be causing a problem except as we discussed before. What do you mean about limits and boundaries? That sounds like an important issue."

"I'm not completely clear about it since it just popped into my mind. But let's say that right now at the level we are at, there are some clear but probably unspoken limits and boundaries. Paula knows that you and I are going to talk, just like you know that Rod is going to be involved with Wendy and she will spend most of the evening with Jim. But we also know that at the end of the evening, Paula and I are going home together. She will give Jim a hug and a kiss just like I will do with you and Rod will do with Wendy. That is the boundary and the limit. We have a deep relationship but there is a limit. I suspect that Paula has thought about more than a kiss with Jim just as I have thought about more with you. But the limit is the boundary and defines the parameters of our relationship. At this point we are all in agreement about this limit, so it doesn't cause a problem. If one of us accidentally or intentionally crosses this limit or expands that boundary without everyone else's agreement, problems would undoubtedly arise. I mean can you picture us sitting here like we do while Rod was having sex with Wendy on the pool table or Paula making out with Jim on the other couch. Without a consistent and agreeable boundary, things would get out of hand quickly and I suspect all kinds of feelings would erupt."

"You know I think that you have hit on a very key point. If everyone shares the same sense of the limits, the threat of jealousy is almost eliminated. At the extreme you look at swingers. They basically have accepted no limits or at least very broad ones in their sexual activity. And it seems to work for some people. The sense of limits and boundaries is a safety net for everyone so that they don't get hurt or hurt someone else. Interesting! I hadn't put that connection together."

"You ready for a refill? It seems that our glasses are dry and the plate is empty."

"Not right now, thank you. What I really want right now is for you to dance with me." A slow piece had started playing on the stereo. Paula and Jim had jumped right up and begun to dance. It wasn't the first time that Emily and Jay had danced together, but they probably danced more infrequently than the others. Jay extended his hand as he rose and gently helped Emily to her feet. They started slightly separated as they got into the rhythm but within a few moments Emily could feel herself moving closer into his arms until her chest rested comfortably on his. Jay was shorter than Rod, so their bodies matched up better at least for dancing. It felt good to feel his firm body from her chest down to their legs. She rested her head on his shoulder and felt totally relaxed as they moved in unison around the living room.

TexasFarmBoy
TexasFarmBoy
1,184 Followers