The Arena

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He paused for moment, leaned forward resting his arms on his legs before continuing. "Conversely it also applies to every bad act and misdeed."

"So why did Satan say what he did?"

"Who knows?" Carl shrugged "Maybe he was mad at what we did. Maybe he wanted to plant seeds of doubt in your mind. What I do know if what we did was so insignificant he would not have bothered to let me know how it upset him. His speech about all the unrest in the world is nothing new. The world is always in some state of chaos. I have heard the same speech from him before."

"Does he visit you often like this; I mean outside of the pancake restaurant?"

"Yes, and I am not sure why. He first made contact with me during the American Civil War. After that meeting I realized it was he who I had seen lurking around earlier battles. Now before you ask I have no idea why we have the relationship we have and if he visits any of the other good guys like this."

Their conversation was interrupted by the whining noise of flaps and clunking noise of landing gear being lowered. When the noise died down Carl resumed speaking. "You have a decision to make of if you want o carry on in this business. You have now begun to establish a reputation. Word will get out among both the good guys and the bad guys that you and an aged Paladin took on and defeated 100 zombies, 6 vampires and one vampire-witch hybrid in Haiti of all places.

You may downplay your own role in making that happen but those witness Yacine invited will not. In some ways this will be a bad thing as like a gunfighter in the old west some young baddy will seek to establish him or herself by taking you down. On the other hand you should have no problem getting the veteran good guys to take you along on missions now."

"Then the way I see it you are stuck with me as a partner. Since you took me to Haiti you now have an obligation to make sure I develop the skills to live up to my reputation....and survive."

Their conversation ended as the plane began its approach to land.