The Association

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Me?" said Janet. She sounded surprised. "There's nothing to think about me. Maybe Terri, now she's going to be a great model, will hire me as housekeeper or something."

"You're a model, too."

"Look, mister. Her voice was rough. "Stop kidding me, will you. I'm sorry. I can take most anything, but not that—not kidding about..."

I turned and caught her by the shoulders, swinging her around to face me. "Listen, you were a good model. You can still wear clothes. A plastic surgeon, and I know a good one, can do wonders with that face..."

"Austin, no, please; you're just trying to be kind. I've given up. Don't start me dreaming about the impossible."

"You fool," I said. "You haven't given up. If you hadn't trailed me from that cab, I'd be dead. You never give up."

"I don't want your gratitude."

"It isn't gratitude," I said. "Why'd you trail me from that cab when I told you not to?"

She spoke without thinking.

"Because I didn't want you hurt. I was afraid..."

"All right," I said. "You didn't want me hurt, and I certainly don't want to say anything to hurt you. You're the smartest, dearest, best..."

She tried to stop me but I made her listen, and I finally made her believe that I meant it.

The surgeon was wonderful and I'm glad for her, but for my part, it wouldn't have mattered. I don't care what she looks like, I know what she is underneath, in her heart, and in her mind.

Beautiful women are my business, but I don't want to take them home with me. I like to go home to my wife, and Janet is the best wife a man ever had.

THE END!