The Awakening Ch. 21-30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Caliope chuckled and blushed as she looked at him. The driver got a bit confused at first but then headed towards a destination only he knew. Pronab pulled the separate window up giving them privacy. and then smiled at her "I hate shopping, but I hate cold noses even more."

"So is a male thing, not just for humans, but angels too..."

Pronab smirked "Perhaps it is, but we are very simple, we do not need to buy new things to show off."

"I see... well, will you let me buy you something?"

"What would you buy me?"

"I still don't know, but something... so I don't feel bad about buying just for me."

Pronab shrugged and nodded "Ok, I guess..."

Caliope smiled and squeezed the coat around her tightly as she looked some snow on the window. Suddenly a warm breath on her ear brought chills on her body.

"Just make sure it is something I can show off with..."

Pronab was whispering in her ear and she almost gasped; he smiled then caressed her cheek with the back of a finger. There was electricity on her body and she turned around to face him. He was also surprised. They both stared at each other.

"What... was that?" she asked confused. "I... don't know..." He replied as he turned his head to the window yet she kept staring at him in silence. That electricity was intense but harmless; each fiber of her body felt it, and it caused her all different types of sensations, good and wrong ones.

The car stopped at the entrance of an immense building; the driver opened the door for her and after that he opened the door for Pronab as well, who gave the driver a few orders and then signaled Caliope to walk inside. The building was by far one of the biggest she had ever seen before. For sure she would get lost easily if she was alone. "I would let you walk around and see more but the shops we are looking for are on the top floor." Pronab's words were cold as the snow outside. She lowered her head and walked to the elevator where he hit the top floor and the door closed. Once the doors opened again, they headed to several stores, in each she was amazed by both the designs and their prices. After seen the 4th store without buying anything, Pronab sighed and finally spoke "Money is nothing for us, use it... don't be afraid of it..."

She sighed as she looked at him, relieved he was speaking again, and also a bit more secure about wasting so much money. At the 5th store, she picked a pair of boots that were warmer and more comfortable, a set of wool and leather pants and a turtle neck shirt. On the next two stores she picked three coats and a warm hat that Pronab found funny.

She was happy he was being fun and easy again, enough for her to forget why they stopped talking an hour ago. She let him convince her that she needed one more pair of shoes before they headed back to the Hotel. Once they picked the right pair, they decided it was time to get back. Pronab was carrying the bags even though Caliope insisted on carrying some of them "I want to go to the ladies room before we return, please?"

"There is one over there, I will wait for you next to its entrance."

As she headed inside the bathroom, she walked by the male's bathroom entrance and then a big room made for babies care. She was staring at the mirror while the warm water washed her hands, she smiled when she remembered where she was. By far, a year ago, she wouldn't have dream of such changes in her life.

When she headed towards the exit of the bathroom area, right as she was passing by the babies care room, a hand pulled her violently inside. She gasped and before she could scream, a hand was covering her mouth. She could smell the whiskey stinging on her captor's breath.

"I couldn't believe my luck when I saw you pass the men's bathroom... its fate baby..."

He turned her around and released her as she hit her back against the wall. She put her hand on her mouth and he got angry.

"What do you think you are doing? You think I sting?"

She had no time to reply, she wasn't covering her mouth because of his breath, it was Pronab approaching behind him what scared her more, and every fiber in her body was shaking. The look in Pronab's eyes was of anger and pain at the same time.

"Talk to me damn it! you whore!"

She gasped again as Rawer raised his hand at her as if he was going to hit her, and she saw Pronab pull his chains in a final step, reaching to Rawer's throat, pulling him away from her. He yelped and kicked the air. His face reflected surprise, fear and anger at the same time. Slowly the kicks started to become weaker and his eyes went blank. Caliope looked up at Pronab and saw his eyes closed and a calm smile in him that made her shiver.

"Pronab, stop!"

He opened his eyes and looked at her, his hands lifted and the chains burned up and vanished in thin air. Rawer coughed and felt to the floor. Their eyes locked, Pronab was standing still, and Caliope watched him both in surprise and shock.

Just in time, two security officers rushed in. After watching the scene they questioned them both. Pronab lifted both arms and held them in sign of no resistance.

The first officer spoke slowly, as he approached Pronab "What happened here?"

Pronab was calm, and kept his hands in the air for them "This man was attacking her, I only stopped him."

The second officer looked at Caliope and observed her trembling hands and knees "Is that true Miss?"

She nodded, swallowing hard before she could speak "Yes... he is... he is my ex-boyfriend, officer... and he cornered me here, I think he is also drunk".

The second officer kneeled and took a sniff, then quickly stood up, nodding at his partner who replied "Are you ok Miss? Do you need to have a nurse check on you?"

Caliope shook her head "No officer, I am just shocked..."

Rawer growled at them both, screaming "Lies! I was only asking her how she was!" he coughed as he rubbed his throat "...and this guy attacked me with a weapon!"

The second Officer gave a step back and questioned them "A weapon? What weapon?"

Both officers were now looking at Pronab in a different way. He remained calm and even smirked "He is drunk, go ahead, search me... I have nothing to hide."

The first officer started to search quickly on him and found his passport; after reading it he gave it back to him and took a step back "If you had showed us your passport we would have asked less questions Sir."

Pronab smiled, finally lowering his hands "Like I said officer, I have nothing to hide."

The second officer pulled Rawer up in handcuffs as he proceeded to pull him away "We will take him down to the security room of the Mall, you can press charges directly there Miss, and he will be properly dealt with."

Caliope closed her eyes and shook her head "I just want to leave officers, thank you... just have him locked until the alcohol in his body is gone, I will be safe now."

She pointed at Pronab and both officers nodded, giving room for both of them to walk out of the room. As they did, he picked up again the bags of the things she bought, and in silence they headed towards the same place where the driver left them.

Only once they got up in the car, Caliope looked at Pronab and whispered "thank you..." He looked back at her, surprised and relieved, and replied with a nod. She chose not to go further, the image of Pronab so close to take Rawer's life was disturbing, unsettling but also of relief. She was hoping it would be enough to keep him far from her from now on, at least until they leave for the next destination.

When they arrived at the Hotel, Amra was waiting for them outside. Even with the snow, he seemed flawless standing like a guardian statue. He felt calm when Caliope walked down the car and as he opened his arms she ran to him. He squeezed her and kissed the top of her head "I am glad you are safe, you should have press charges on him."

Caliope closed her eyes and whispered "You knew?"

He nodded and looked at Pronab who nodded at him back and headed inside with the bags "As soon as I felt you were in danger... I saw through your eyes... I am glad you had Pronab there with you, I am sorry it wasn't me."

She lowered her head and shivered, she could still remember Pronab's face, his delight on taking away Rawer's life. Amra gently pulled her inside the Hotel and once they got into the restaurant, he sat next to her. They were alone, neither Elaine nor Pronab were anywhere near. Tables around them were empty as well, and she just knew it was by special request.

"I would have done the same, and perhaps would have not stopped as Pronab did."

Caliope turned her head and looked at Amra as he was staring at the menu without really paying attention to it. "Aren't you Angels supposed to guard human's lives?"

Amra looked at her "I am guarding a human life, much more important than his."

She blushed and looked down again, confused but touched at the same time. He sighed and dropped the menu on the table, half turning towards her. She was staring at her hands and he put an arm around her as a hand took hers "There are many laws on how to act and what to do for us... attempting to any human's life is against many, if not all our rules... but when it comes to our loved ones, it becomes the exception to any and all the rules... we are known to have fought wars in the name of our loved ones..."

She looked up at him and leaned her head on his arm, nodding slowly as his words made sense to her. He continued "Pronab did what I would have done... he was there to protect you..."

"You saw what I saw..."

"Are you worried because of the pleasure he was feeling when he was about to kill your ex-lover?"

Caliope nodded.

"He comes from a dark background, in the past he would have enjoyed it more, and perhaps, he would have not stopped... but he did, you made him stop, and he did not hesitated... I must admit, I wanted him to kill Rawer..."

Caliope gasped.

"I dont like him, besides your past history, he is creating new bad memories and moments for you... I see only sin in him... and he won't stop either, he wants you, he will try something else."

"How do you know that?"

"I know... I have saw it... he is trying to think of a way of getting you alone, and when he does, he will try to harm you... I will not allow it of course... but he is in rage, and he has money to buy his means to reach to you."

"What should I do? I feel like nothing I do is going to help in any way."

"Don't worry... he might try something, but you have to know, he might not live his next attempt to harm you..."

A tear ran down her cheek and he cached it with his thumb "Today's event were unfortunate and unplanned... the next one is wont be... and I will not allow that."

She nodded slowly at the truth of his words. She belonged to his world now, and in his rules, in his universe, Rawer was an inconvenient piece that needed to be eliminated. She leaned against him and he held her again, both waiting in silence until minutes later Elaine and Pronab both joined them.

-

CHAPTER 27

-

"How did your meeting go, by the way?"

Amra grabbed a bite from his plate and shrugged "It went ok... I guess..."

Elaine chuckled and added "It went well, but it was all just merely introductions... your friend Falshore asked about you too." smiling at Pronab; he grinned "Oh I bet he did."

Elaine giggled and continued eating, Pronab shook his head and Amra smiled at Caliope encouraging her to eat while he waited for her first bite, she had been staring at her food without eating for a while.

"There is nothing scheduled for this afternoon. General Maxwell though, has reserved dinner for just us and his close circle, which includes unfortunately Falshore, but I know you will be at your best Pronab."

"That means I will meet the cold noses ones?" Caliope asked shyly. Elaine gasped "Oh no! You too?!" and Pronab laughed. The mood of the table became much lighter, and as Caliope smiled and turned to look at Amra, he smiled back at her and squeezed her hand "They are a bit self centered, yes, but otherwise respectful... they are curious about you." She perked a brow "about me?"

Pronab interrupted "Just be careful not to have them asking too many questions, they tend to do that... manipulative bast..." Elaine raised a hand "Please stop, they are our peers..."

Caliope tried to calm the moods "Ok ok... I get it, they are manipulative cold noses who think they are superior to any of you but they aren't... I have nothing to worry about, I am with the coolest Angels on earth." she winked at Pronab and he he looking at her, so did Elaine and Amra. All the events of the morning now behind.

After finishing their plates, each went to rest at their rooms, and Caliope took with her some dessert to enjoy. As they got into the room, Amra chuckled watching all the shopping bags at the side and she blushed, finishing her piece of cake "You should not feel shame enjoying what is given to you..." she shook her head "It just feels too perfect... too good to be real... I am in-love with an Angel, traveling around the world, and buying anything I want? I am trying to keep myself as down to earth as possible..."

"True, we are down on earth."

"No, I mean..."

Amra smiled at her and shook his head "I know what you mean, my love... I was just joking..."

She chuckled and walked towards him to kiss her Angel. He wrapped his arms around her and caressed her back, she felt shivers run through her spine "You are cold..."

Caliope closed her eyes and replied "No, I just feel the magic with each kiss... I like how you make me shiver..."

He smiled and caressed her arms tenderly, she sighed and sat on the bed with him, taking his hands on hers "I am not sure I would ever get used to this... you seem to fit perfectly in this world but I am still a bit lost. I don't deny I am quite happy, the happiest I have ever been in a long time. But..."

"I thought I explained to you... Caly, I assimilate and learn from those around me... I do not become them, but I become a new me adjusted to how people think, live and breathe here. Am I that bad?"

"No! Please don't say that! I only meant you are doing it better than me... and it should not be a surprise, you are the most perfect creature I have met... I guess what I mean is... be patient with me?"

He slowly removed her coat and smiled, nodding as he kissed her again, this time deeper; he caressed her arms as their clothes started to land on the ground. Between kisses and heated breathing he caressed her face and whispered to her in a very soothing voice "I have eternity to wait..."

And she surrendered to him in body and soul, each kiss and each touch more intense and more passionate, this time with no regrets, she did not held back and let herself go with him in a tight desperate need for his warmth. He fed his need of her melting body with body, becoming one.

When the phone rang, Caliope opened her eyes and tried to find it. It was Amra who picked it up "We will be down in half an hour, or better yet, give us an hour."

As he hang up, he turned his head smiling at her. She sat on the bed hoping he would join her, but he walked towards the many bags and coats near the couch and lifted his; he pulled something out of the inside pocket then let the coat drop back on the side arm, finally returning to her as she looked at him with curiosity. He laid on the bed next to her still naked, and rested a small box on her lap. She looked down at the box and immediately felt chills "What is this?"

"Rawer made me notice I was not being conventional about this, so I made my own little shopping after the meeting was over. Elaine assisted. Go ahead, open it."

Caliope was blushing and after some hesitation, she finally opened the treasure box in front of her and found an engagement ring with diamonds embedded on it. She stared at it for a while, still not sure of what to do with it. Her heart was pacing fast and she tried hard not to let the tears come out "Do I have to make the question again? I will if you want me to."

She blushed and shook her head; this time she finally looked at him "No... you don't have to... I just... love my ring, it is unique, and it is part of you... I didn't need a new one... you didn't have to do this." He smiled at her, reaching to caress her arm "I kind of like being a little conventional about this, I want you to have the best of both worlds. So here, let me put it in your finger."

As he took her shaking hand and slid the ring slowly in its place, she was smiling and leaning down to kiss him "Silver?". He shook his head "its white gold, it is supposed to be the one of most value..."

She shook her head again and chuckled; of course it would be white gold, the most expensive thing he could get. She looked at her finger and saw both rings. The thin glow of Amra's wings and the opulent shine of the gold and diamond ring. Two small wings were placed on the sides of last one and she found it ideal. "Are you happy?" She nodded quickly "happier than I had ever been... thank you..."

He smiled and kissed her hand then look up at her for a moment more before he standed and held out his hand to help her stand "We should take a shower before joining them for dinner."

She nodded and stood up, blushing as she walked in the bathroom with him, she knew temptation would be strong enough for them to resist doing more than bathing.

When Caliope walked to the reception in hand with Amra, Elaine was smiling bright at the sight of the rings on her. Caliope was wearing a simple black long dress, high neck, long sleeves, and some simple earrings. Elaine rushed to hug her and kiss her cheek with excitement "I am so happy you decided to wear it..." She chuckled and sighed "When are you all going to stop spoiling me?"

"That is simple, when you join the family all of it will belong to you, and you will be able to spoil yourself alone."

And those words made her gasp. She realized it was true, legally on earth Amra was Elaine's son and all the fortune would be hers as well. She was just grasping the idea of having a free credit line for shopping but to own a fortune was a complete different level.

Outside, a big and fancy limousine was waiting for them sent by the General. Pronab smiled as he opened the door for her and Elaine to jump in. Once they were all inside, champagne was offered to them. Amra gently declined and so did the rest, who remained quiet but content during the road to the General's residence.

When they arrived to a large entrance surrounded by guards, the driver stopped. He gave a card that allowed them access to a smaller yard. They followed a road that ended on tall iron gates, where the driver went out of the car to be searched by more guards. Once the driver was clear, he went back inside and drove them through the main yard. A huge mansion rested on top of a small hill; different gardens on the sides as well as diving pools and different outdoor gaming areas. She looked at Pronab and he looked back at her nodding with a smirk, as he whispered "cold noses". She chuckled and quickly went through her head about how she would behave at this especially unusual encounter.

When the driver reached to the front of the mansion, he stepped out and was searched again by other security guards. Finally, he opened the car's doors and Pronab walked out first to help Elaine and Caliope. When Amra held Caliope's hand to head inside, the guards approached with the intention of searching them. Pronab quickly stopped them "is this really necessary?"

The first guard nodded "I am sorry Sir, we are following protocol, and we need to search anyone who comes into the house, human or not." Elaine put a hand on Pronab's shoulder and shook her head "it is ok, dear ones..." He frowned and added "it is insulting."

1...345678