The Awakening Ch. 31-40

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am really only worried about Vanessa now, Elaine."

"Oh darling, she is quite well. Trust me."

When they reached to a tall dark wood door, Maxwell was leaning against it, he smiled at the sight of them and stood up straight "Ahhh you are safe Caliope. Just a moment please."

He lifted a finger, made a half circle, and everyone heard the locks of the big door being unlocked. Caliope realized she never actually found out what his gifts were. The doors opened at an excruciating slow speed, and when a few inches were left to open fully, Caliope decided to just push the door and walk into the dark room. Amra tried to warn her 'wait!' but she was already inside the room. She saw Vanessa with her sleeves lifted up, sweating. Next to her a beaten Rawer was sitting in a chair; he had no ropes around him, anything that would show some kind of restraint, not even Pronab's chains. As soon as he saw her, he tried to move but he couldn't, he was immobilized in the chair. She looked around the dark room and at the corner, a grinning Meng Yi waved a few fingers. That made her understand what was going on; they were using their powers on him.

"Hey Caly, don't worry... I took care of him for you... how are you feeling?"

"Give me a minute and I will let you know."

She walked straight to him and raising a hand, finally slapping him hard. He growled at her and tried to move again but it was impossible for him. She gave a step back and took a deep breath, Amra walked next to her and rested his hands on her shoulders "I feel better now, thank you."

She was not smiling, but her body reflected a clear relief. Vanessa chuckled and walked to Pronab raising her hand and giving him a -high five-. Caliope frowned a bit to them but focused her attention back to Rawer. He had a black eye, broken lips and droplets of blood slid from the side of his forehead and lips; what ever Vanessa was doing to him clearly showed up to be painful and effective. "You really messed up big this time, you know? you couldn't just take a no for an answer, you had to do the most stupid things and try to get to me... you could have any girl you want! why the hell do you had to come for me!"

Rawer was furious and yet he couldn't move. He was also very quiet, which made her surprised. She looked back at Meng Yi and he stepped closer. "You are silencing him too?"

"His mind?, yes... Tian is locking his body... you want to hear him? he does not have good words to say."

"He already is immobilized, at least let him speak."

"As you wish, Asteria..."

He was clearly not happy but nor was he worried, he closed his eyes and only seconds after, Rawer was spitting on the floor "Stupid cunt! you should have never be allowed to live! you are just a gold digging slut!"

Amra walked a step closer, and with a hand he levitated him in the air, Caliope gasped and watched as the very own Rawer was panicking.

Elaine screamed "Amrafel stop! dont do something you will regret later!"

He turned his head and looked at her with determination "I wont regret this."

He looked back at Rawer and lifted his other hand, Caliope stood in front of them and Amra closed his eyes "what are you doing?"

"Stopping you from doing something you will regret later..."

"I wont..."

"...if you kill him, under my own eyes, you will lose me forever..."

He opened his eyes wide and stared at her. She had tears in her eyes but she was firm, determined. He kept Rawer's body suspended in the air but put his hands in her face "This is who I am, I warned you..."

"You can be a monster of justice to the universe, but to me, the thin line lays here... I don't care what means you take for an end... this is my choice... leave him alive."

No one added a word in favor nor objecting Caliope's words, but the fact was that everyone agreed with her. He closed his eyes one more time, then dropped Rawer's body in the chair, he growled in pain and tried to move, but Meng Tian was already immobilizing him. Amra rested his forehead on hers, and took a deep breath. She put her hands on his face and caressed him softly "This, what you did just now, is why I love you more."

He smiled, opening his eyes again and kissing her tenderly. She enjoyed his kiss, and the fact that it was in front of Rawer made it better, it seemed to be his own choice of torture. She turned around and looked at him.

"He has the power to end not just your life, but all of our lives in a blink of an eye... but you know what? he respects me and the choices I make... that is just one of the things that makes him different from you... better than you... Since you are familiar of their existence, there is nothing else to be said, you are a danger for everyone around you. General Maxwell, is there a prison for him to be locked in? One guarded by Angels. Any human prison or mental institution wont work.

Maxwell nodded "Our methods are different from yours, but we have a place for them. I can arrange for Falshore to take him now."

"Thank you, that is what I wish for him..."

"...fair enough, Asteria..."

Elaine walked close to her and smiled "are you ok sweetheart?"

Caliope smiled "I am, finally I am."

Vanessa sighed dramatically "I could have beaten him a few more times, but well, others will have fun instead of me now."

Pronab put an arm around Vanessa and nudged her head, she laughed as they all headed out of the dungeons and walked to a more illuminated area. Caliope was happy, she felt there was finally some closure to that chapter in her life that was Rawer. Also, the more evident signs of connection between Vanessa and Pronab didn't bother her so much anymore.

It was late for dinner, but Vanessa insisted on them to celebrate Caliope and Amra's last day being single "I know... I know... you were not practically single if you were already dating each other... but you know what I mean!"

The dinner was made in the dining room, the food was exquisite, and after some wine, Vanessa made them all play a game of guessing, with fun questions about the bride and groom. It was intended to be for the guests, to see how much they knew about them. Caliope laughed at how some questions were so simple yet so particularly tricky, and the answers were mostly funny. By the end of the evening, near midnight, almost everyone was gone to their bedrooms except Elaine, Vanessa, Caliope, Amra and Pronab.

"This was so much fun, it was a great idea Nessa, thank you so much."

"I knew you were a bit worried on what would I do but now you see you had nothing to fear."

"I still am scared of your surprises."

Vanessa laughed and winked at her, then yawned finally "Time for me to get into bed, I am tired, so many emotions in one day... are you used to all that?"

"Not at all, but I am getting there."

Pronab smirked "Is not that hard, leaving aside the war, we are very normal, we enjoy the routines just like you do."

"Who said we love routines?"

"What I mean is..."

Elaine shook her head "Ahhh no, lets not start arguing about that right now, we will never go to bed. I am going to sleep as well, and you two should too! is a big day tomorrow!"

Amra smiled "I am taking her to bed now, don't worry."

"See you all tomorrow, thank you again for such a wonderful dinner, and everything..."

Caliope was finally in bed, resting next to Amra, he had his eyes closed, breathing calmly. He could trick anyone to believe he was really sleeping, but if something she learned after all their time together, certainly, she knew he was never asleep. She caressed his arm slowly, and he tilted his head towards her, opening his eyes and smiling. Mentally she was patting herself for being right.

"Are you nervous?"

"...a little... but not so much anymore."

"Then why don't you sleep some?"

"Will I change after we marry? will I be different?"

"What do you mean?"

"You all talk about a change, I wont fear death anymore, that is a big change, I don't know what you mean about that, is it a physical change? a mental one? both?"

"I am not completely sure how to explain this to you, under our own laws, I can give you the gift of immortality only once we are married..."

"But... my mother is dead..."

"There are still ways to end immortality, my love... immortality makes you... above any mortal worries, any mortal danger... but as you have discovered, our universe is filled of things beyond the mortal world... half of her immortality was gone when your father died, the other half, she gave it and died on her own terms once she knew you were safe."

"How do you know that?"

"After you discovered about the past of Pronab and her, I was curious and asked a few people around."

"So she left herself die?"

"She chose that end, it was different times, there was persecution and I am not happy to admit Angels can be driven by obsession as well."

"She must have loved him deeply... to want to just die...

Amra nodded "We only know one way to love, and I can understand her choice... she knew they wanted her and you would never be safe... she did what she thought it was right."

"I understand in part, so it makes sense... I can't imagine my life now without you... but leaving me? why did she leave me behind?"

He leaned to her and kissed her deeply, his arms around her tightly. She gasped, surprised and taken by his love. He then parted his lips from hers and taking a deep breath, he tugged the sheets to cover her.

"I think she saw no other way out, but perhaps sometime in the future, we will know more about it... I firmly believe she didn't want to leave you, but she had to... now to sleep... you need to rest... tomorrow at this time, we will have eternity to be united."

-

CHAPTER 37

-

Her eyes were still closed when she started to wake up; a light of some sort was forcing her to keep her eyes closed. The sun probably. His arm was still wrapped around her tummy as she started to move slowly and he instantly reacted by squeezing her gently "Good morning my love."

"Good morning, my Angel."

He chuckled and kissed her ear softly, whispering very gently "What I would give to always have you like this, happy, safe..."

"I am willing to bet you will give up the world's safety."

"...and why is that such a bad thing?"

Caliope turned around to see him, she was frowning and his smile faded. He laid on the bed face up but closing his eyes sighing. He then held silence for a few seconds. Finally he spoke calmly "I could take you away from here, save you from all danger, we could spend together thousands of years before they would notice we are missing... or maybe I shouldn't ask, and just take you..."

She leaned on her side quickly, and put her hand on his chest, shaking him slightly until he opened his eyes and looked at her. "You wouldn't take me without asking... because it would make me unhappy... and you respect me, at least I hope you still do... and this world is so much bigger than me, filled with people who deserve to be saved, love stories to live, lives to forge... yes, wars and chaos are part of it, but only because you know of that danger is that you want to save me as well, isnt that true? if we don't know what we are afraid of, we don't know what to fear..." she sighed and closed her eyes, only after a few seconds he ran his fingers over her face "I am sorry..." she whispered.

"Why are you sorry?"

"All this time I thought I was the one having this heavy change to accept, when in fact, it was you as well... the world you knew is not the same now, funny... is not the same for me either... so is a big change for both of us... and there are many things that confuse me and you as well, I just know one thing for sure... I love you, no matter how crazy it is, I love you, and I want to be with you for as long as eternity will last... but what made me love you, what made me who I am, is this crazy world we are trying to save, so please do not lose hope, don't give up on them, don't give up on me..."

He sighed and smiled, leaning to kiss her lips softly. His hand holding her from behind her head as he locked his lips in hers for a long time. It was a soft and tender kiss, but also a long one, filled with deeper emotions. She caressed his chest and then his face, he broke the kiss and kept his forehead pressed on hers, with eyes closed, he was breathing slowly "I helped create universes, and shape worlds... I waited patiently for eons to move beside me... but only now I feel I am alive... love is a strange thing, I am happy I finally found you."

"I feel guilty, you waited for me so long, and for me this was relatively easy... short even..."

"You were born on the right time for me to find you, and now I am not going to let anyone or anything take you away..."

Someone knocked on the door and Amra chuckled, he rolled on the bed and faced up again, looking at the ceiling.

"Who is it?" Caliope asked, her head facing towards the door.

Amra chuckled "Your bride's maid..."

Caliope jumped up from the bed and ran to the door, opening it barely as she smiled at Vanessa.

"Hi Nessa, sorry... I slept a bit too much..."

"No sorry, come on, we have tons of things to do! dont hide!" Vanessa tried to push the door open but Caliope giggled and held it only half way. "Don't come in, Amra is still in bed... give me some minutes and I will meet you in the dining room ok?

Vanessa rolled her eyes and grinned "Hey Amra! let her go already! you are making my job harder!... you got 15 minutes lady! or I am coming in with or without him there!"

She closed the door and laughed, looking at Amra chuckling from the bed, he smiled at her and sighed "That was a serious threat, you better get dressed."

"What are your plans?"

"No plans, I don't have much to do... show up and be on the right outfit?"

"It is representative, like you dress for the occasion... and you look stunningly beautiful and handsome in a suit."

"Yes, yes, I heard all about it... I dont need convincing you know? if that is the conventional way, we will have it, and I want you to be proud of me."

"I am already proud of you, every day you make me happy..."

He smiled at her and winked as she chuckled and blushed, he was more human than anyone she ever met, yet more perfect than the rest of mankind. She went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before getting on some jeans and a shirt as she heard Vanessa knocking at the door, she ran to meet her in the entrance.

After a light breakfast, Elaine joined them and together headed outside towards the area it was being prepared for the event. There were an unusual amount of servitude busy with moving chairs, tables, wonderful drapes and her favorite flowers, calla lilies and orchids. The people seemed in a trance, she wasn't sure if they were humans or Angels, and they never turned away to look at her or anyone else but what they were doing. Caliope was stunned with so many things being done at the same time, she kept looking at Elaine and Vanessa who were whispering between them and smiling back at her.

"What is all this?"

"I remember a few things you like, and Elaine helped me get them... you will have nothing to worry! we only wanted to show you things are on the way... now to the changing room, we asked Maxwell for a room with everything we need to prepare you..."

"You do trust us, dear... right?"

"Of course I trust you, but...

"No butts allowed, lets go... move it girl... we have things to do!"

Caliope giggled and Vanessa was grinning as she led her towards the residence again, Elaine was having a laugh as she followed them inside. On their way, they crossed paths with Amra who was accompanied by Pronab and Maxwell, he shrugged as soon as Pronab waved and lead him to another room.

"You are taking this quite serious I see. Dont you think it is a bit extreme?"

"Not at all, we have worked so hard to make this perfect for you both, I know all you like, and Elaine knows how to get it... you will love it."

"Ok, ok... I am in your hands..." Caliope sighed.

Finally they arrived to a wide room that had the curtains closed. The soft light gave hints of several chairs and someone else was moving in the room. When Vanessa finally opened the curtains, Caliope could see everything; a wide dress, her dress, wrapped by some special transparent cover, was hanging on a wall, Ariadne was smiling at her as she walked to hug her "M'Lady you will look like a princess!"

"Oh Ariadne! I am so happy to see you here, I was starting to worry about what time would I need to go pick up my dress! I wanted to hear all about your last details on it..."

"It was easy, nothing is hard when tis done by heart... but you need to prepare before wearing it, you will have to wait!"

"Prepare... what else do I need to do?"

"Ahh... leave that to me... come here, we will start with your bath..."

"...a bath?!"

But Vanessa was already pulling her to the other room, once she entered, a large hot tub was prepared and ready. The water was steaming, there were some rose petals floating amongst the soft bubbles and the air smell like spring flowers. Caliope was smiling from ear to ear.

"Now get in that tub while I prepare the oils you will use."

"...oils too?"

"Yes, go on... I am not even looking!"

She chuckled and slowly removed her jeans and shirt, looking at the side to catch Vanessa focused on a few small bottles of different colors. She found one big towel and dragged it with her to the edge of the hot tub, where the smell was even stronger. As she put a foot in, she noticed the water was hot, but not too much, it was the perfect temperature. When she finally sat inside, Vanessa dragged a chair and sat next to her, a small tray in her lap with some bottles. She picked a pink one, opened it and leaned to smell it, nodding as she made sure it was the one she wanted, and started to drop slowly the oil into the water.

"I figured we could use some time alone you and me, while you enjoy your bath... for us to just talk and you to clear your mind... I want to hear you speak..."

"Are you worried?"

"They are amazing, adorable, incredible... but I just met them, you on the other hand, I have known for years, and I want to hear what is in your mind..."

Caliope sighed with a smile "They did not brain washed me Nessa... I promise you..."

"Oh, no... I don't think they have, I know this is the real you... but you also have changed, and I want to know what is in your mind... today is a big day... you are getting married!"

"You are right... it is a big day... and yes, I am not the kind of girl who goes through life thinking and dreaming and planning on their wedding... I never was... I also changed in other ways too."

"What other ways? As she asked, she picked another small bottle and repeated the process, the blue drops released a few more bubbles into the water.

"I am not the hero or savior kind of girl."

"What do you mean?"

"Amra's mission is a big one, don't you agree?"

"Yes, it really is..."

"Well, sometimes, he loses focus and his mind wanders to, who knows where... this morning, he mentioned he would love to take me away from here and get lost... just the two of us... away from danger... "

"Kidnap you?"

"Well, something like that..."

"I will have to give him a talk soon..."

Caliope chuckled "That is the point, exactly... I already did..."

"Hmmm... ok, explain..."

"I found myself explaining him why he shouldn't do that... what it means saving the world... what his mission is... do you see me as someone who would be taking the job as this world's protector? I found myself in the strangest place ever... I never thought I would be saying the things I said to him for him to stay focused..."

Vanessa smiled "Caly, you were always one of the odd ones... you were never selfish, nor arrogant, you were smart enough, kind enough, and brave enough to stand aside from others, and yet you were also prudent enough to keep yourself at a safe distance from any spotlight. I think you are just being you... nothing wrong with that."

1...345678