The Baby

Story Info
Never, ever, ever give up.
939 words
4.45
14.2k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was Wednesday June 10th, 1981 at 8:19 pm when a 6 pound 9 pounce baby boy was born.

This baby boy was born with a birth defect called spinal bifida. This would be the first of many hardships the baby would face. When he was born the doctors were quickly giving up on him. Telling his parents that there wasn't much hope for the baby to survive. Although if the baby was to survive that it would be so mentally and physically handicapped that it would be better off dead. With all the doctors were telling the parent, the baby's family wouldn't give up so the doctors did all they could do to help him. Over the next two weeks the baby would go through 2 surgeries, one on his head and one on his back.

Even with all these surgeries the doctors were still skeptical of the abilities he would have. Would he be able to lead a normal life, like walk, talk, be his own dependant. They believed the baby would be basically brain dead and spend what ever life he had left in a bed. "That's if he would survive that long". The parents brought him home a few weeks later to care for as all parents do even though it would be a vary hard time on them. The doctors could do no more and his fate was in gods hands. As time passed he got stronger and with the help of his parents started learning the things all babies learn. Everyone in time became hopeful that this child would live, learn, grow and lead a normal life.

As time went by the baby was in and out of the hospital. The doctors checked the results of the surgeries and did other things to the baby. With the surgeries seeming to be successful the doctors still wouldn't give the baby a change to pull through this. But fate would have it the baby's health continued to get better as time passed. The doctors couldn't understand what was keeping this baby alive an not only alive but improving with each day. All the doctors were dumb found cause here was a baby that was born with no chance to live but was surprising everyone by still breathing as a new day would come and go.

Although the baby was improving he still had many physical problems, and some mental ones as well. He couldn't walk straight cause of his spine being crooked. Also with his legs being crippled and feet also crippled as well. The baby would have one more surgery by this time. With all of these things the baby was by now doing things that the doctors said would never happen. The baby that was suppose to not survive, was living. The baby that if would live, would spend his life in a bed. Was now starting to walk, and even talking a little. It was starting to amaze all the doctors which had no explanation for all this.

There could of only been one explanation for this baby. A miracle had been placed on this baby who was now 8 yrs old, to survive through all this. The boy that wasn't given a single chance to survive was started to be called by everyone around him a miracle by god . However just as everyone was wondering how this come to be. Fate steeped back in an tried to take him from this world. He was rushed to the hospital by his parents with a 104.7 temp, constant upset stomach that wouldn't stop, and lost control of his bowels. Also he was freezing but was extremely sweaty like he had just got out of a pool. His parents were told by the doctors that his shunt had quit and was so close to death. They said if hat his parents waited another day to bring him to the hospital that he would have been dead. There was an immediate surgery on the boy's head to replace the shunt. After the surgery, which the boy pulled through also he got to go home after a few days in the hospital once again. It would be at least a month before the boy would fully recover to full heath again.

After his near death experience he would go a couple years of normal, no hospital life. Until when he was twelve when he had yet another surgery to fix his feet. He would have to over come another hard time for after the surgery he would be confined to a wheelchair for 3 or more months. But just like he had always done he got through this just fine and made a complete recovery. It was years later after his last surgery, and he was still improving more.

When the boy that wasn't suppose to survive was now 19 he graduated from high school and had grown into a young man that had surpassed all expectations by all. Even with all that this child had accomplished in his short life, he was still stuck with a few thoughts that has always stayed with him even tell this day. "What if". What if the baby doctor wouldn't of been on vacation. Also what if the doctor that was there knew what he was doing. Would he even be like this today. Plus what if the doctors were right, would he even be here today. Why was he given the gift of life when so many said he would never live to see this day. These thoughts will be with me until my dying day.