The Bachelorette Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We have ways in which we can see into other realms, it makes keeping an eye on things much easier. Just because we no longer live in this realm does not mean that we care not for the inhabitants. There are gateways to travel in between the realms, and there are those of us that don't need them. Someone has traveled to our realm and stolen several of our ancient tomes and some dark magick artifacts, which does not bode well. "

"What do you mean?" Petra stood on shaky legs, her voice quivering. It seemed all her weight now rested on the other elf. "When were these items stolen? Why was I not informed Lasvitar?"

"Alpha, is there a place we could all talk in private. There are some things that need to be said that not all should be privy to." The older elf dipped his head in the direction of what was left of the pack Petra had decimated.

"Aye, we can use my study. We can gather a robe for Petra on the way." He added noticing the way Petra was curled into the younger elf. He led them into the main house of the complex and left the bloody circle behind. His betas would know what to do from there.

BIake had watched the fight and the cowardice that ensued. The two wolves that had lost their lives deserved what they got. When Leon, Petra, and the two men disappeared into the manor house, Blake saw his mate staring wide eyed at the leftover carnage. Devlin, the pack doctor approached and she smiled at him and helped him gather up the seven children in the circle. Jealousy blossomed in him at her smiling at another male. He couldn't suppress the growl that was issued from deep within.He took a step forward but his progress was stopped by Jacques . "Now is not the time for possessiveness. Samantha has been watching over the pups since last night. Devlin is more concerned about them than your mate." Blake looked up at the man's face and saw the sincerity there. His wolf growled knowing that this was the man that had turned his mate. He nodded stiffly and turned surveying the crowd once more before returning his gaze to his mate. his mate <\I> He could barely believe she was his. Ever since the dream of her last night her face was in his head. His wolf pressed his need to meet and mate her. The man in him yearned to run his fingers through the tangle of loose brown curls. He wanted to see excitement for him burning deep in her bright hazel eyes. He watched the way she bent close to talk to the children huddled under the cloak. The way it pulled the denim of her jeans tight across the expanse of her derrière.

His wolf growled with appreciation and he could feel him moving beneath his skin. The doctor returned with a handful of blankets and placed his hand on her back. His wolf tensed and pushed so hard at his mind that he almost shifted right there. As it was he took a step towards her and barely caught himself doing so. There was no reason for him to rush over there like a possessive neanderthal... yet.

Sam could feel eyes boring a hole into the butt of her jeans. When Devlin returned from fetching some blankets, tension shot down her spine. The force of it was so strong she nearly leapt away from Devlin and turned. The only thing that kept her there was the children. She made herself a promise to look after them & that was what she was going to do. She stood and grabbed one of the blankets off of his stack and wrapped it around one of the children. The uncomplicated task kept her mind off the wolf from her dream. "Blake, right? Blake Halley is what Leon called him."<\I> her wolf reminded her. She rolled her eyes and continued to swath the kids in blankets and ushered them single file in a line back to her home.

Blake was disappointed that she hadn't turned and looked at him.

12