The Battle for Hyaline

Story Info
Two sides battle for a town in a post apocalypse world.
1.4k words
3.91
9.4k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DC29
DC29
26 Followers

Author Note: This is one I wrote years ago when I first started writing and just recently found again on a disk. I thought The readers of Literotica might like it.

************

The Roamers had just finished their lunch and set off for Hyaline for supplies. As they neared Hyaline they could hear the sound of battle and as they got closer they could see that Hyaline was under attack from an army of wastelanders.

These were those that had been affected by the radiation of the Great War and had been mutated so badly that they couldn't be called human. They were the sworn enemies of settlers and roamers whom they blamed for their misfortunes.

From where they were standing the roamers could see that the Hyalinians were losing the battle. Davrin, the leader of the group looked at the other three in the group who all nodded to the unasked question, so it was decided that the roamers would help Hyaline.

Elsbeth who had black hair that went down to her waist and always wore it in a plait and green eyes that always sparkled just before a battle. She wore a black skin-tight outfit that went from neck to knee with thigh length boots and gauntlet style gloves that both had spikes on the end that could rip a man's chest open was the first in to battle. She punched a wastelander in the head and ripped it apart another wastelander lunged for her but was stopped in mid-lunge when it lost its head from a swing of Krann's battle-axe.

Davrin who was about five feet tall and had muscles like stone, he wore a glove on his left hand which he used for his short sword. He also used a staff that was about two metres long; he was so good with it that he could break any bone in a person's body. He swung his sword and had killed about ten wastelanders in about two minutes.

After about five minutes he had reached Krann and Elsbeth who were fighting side-by-side. They had a pile of bodies about five deep in front of them.

"Hey Davrin, what took ya?" Called Krann over the noise of the battle.

"Krann don't be so sarcastic." replied Davrin.

Connor who was a sword master used two katanas and had eyes that seemed to follow your every movement had attacked from a different direction and was progressing rapidly. He was slicing heads off, bodies in half by the time he reached the others his swords were covered in blood up to the hilt.

About five minutes later they reached the main gates and did the secret knock. A door to the side of the gates opened and from inside a voice called "Hurry up and get in!"

As Connor stepped through it closed. The man that had had closed it had grey thinning hair and was clothed in the garb of a farmer which is what most settlers were but each town had small force that acted as police and town guard but in times of need all men were called to defend the town.

"Thank god! you're here." said the man.

"When did they attack?" Asked Davrin.

"About midday two days ago, we've been hoping that someone like you would come."

"Have you closed off all the entrances even the sewage outlet?" asked Elsbeth

"No, Why?" Replied the man looking puzzled.

"Because they will find them and get in through them."

Just after Elsbeth had finished they heard a scream from somewhere farther into the town.

The man ran off toward where the scream had come from, when the roamer reached him he had been knocked down and a wastelander was caving his skull in with a club. While this was happening a girl who looked to be in her twenties stood paralysed with fear as two wastelanders advanced towards her.

Krann swung his axe and sliced one of the wastelanders in half. The other one turned around to rip Krann's head off but ended up with Elsbeth's foot in its stomach, as Elsbeth pulled her foot away the wastelander's intestines spilled out all over the ground and it was almost comical the way it tried to push it all back in. The other wastelanders attacked the roamers who killed them all in about ten minutes.

Elsbeth walked up to the girl and asked he if she was all right

"Y.......Yes" replied the girl shakily

"Elsbeth ask her what her name is?" called Connor

"I was just about to." replied Elsbeth.

Elsbeth then asked the girl what her name was.

"Ceinwen. And thank you for saving me,"

"Ceinwen where's the sewage outlet?" asked Davrin

"About a hundred metres that way, Why?" replied Ceinwen pointing

"Because that is probably how they got in."

They set off toward the sewage outlet, when they reached it there were about a hundred wastelanders just inside the sewage outlet and more were coming in.

"Connor go to the battlements and tell the Captain of the guard that we need about thirty men and quickly." whispered Davrin

Connor took off toward the battlements and returned about ten minutes later with thirty men. Davrin told the sergeant his plan, the men were then split into three groups and each group had at least one roamer.

The first group attacked from the right while at the same time the second attacked from the right. The third group split up again and blocked off the exits into the rest of the town.

Krann who had stayed back with the third group pulled out his bow from his pack and begun firing. He was starting to get bit low on arrows, so he decided to help his friends. He pulled his battle-axe from his belt and joined the fight, in about five minutes he had killed around fifty wastelanders.

Krann was Elsbeth's brother and when they stood together you could see the resemblance as they had similar facial features, he was an archer and could hit a bull's-eye from twenty metres away, and he also used a battle-axe when he got into hand-to-hand combat. Connor who had been put in charge of the third group was standing with four of his men; they had killed most of the wastelanders that had tried to escape but the ones that had seen his men had gone out of the only exit that was unguarded which was the sewage outlet.

In the end around half the wastelanders that had entered had been killed and the rest had escaped through the sewage outlet. Davrin told four of the men to block the hole with a piece of wood but to leave a gap big enough so that the sewage could still flow freely and guard it to make sure no more wastelanders got in. The rest took off toward the battlements, when reached the them Davrin went looking for the Captain of the Guard while Davrin was looking he saw that the wastelanders were routing and the tide of the battle was turning and the Hyalinians were winning.

One week later.....

The roamers including Ceinwen were getting ready to leave, in the week since the battle they had been helping the Hyalinians to repair and rebuild what had been damaged during the battle. Davrin had been teaching Ceinwen how to use a staff and was finding that she was a fast learner as she had already beaten him once; she was also fairly good with a bow. They had found out that she was an orphan and had asked her if she wanted to go with them and she had said yes

Krann who had been put in charge of collecting supplies had finished and was on his way back to the inn that they were staying at, as he passed the blacksmiths he noticed that there were seven horses in the yard for sale and he was getting sick of having to walk from town to town.

"Excuse me?" said Krann

"Yes sir. What can I do for you?" replied the blacksmith

"I was wondering how much the horses were?"

"Let me see, you can have them all for 2 gold pieces."

"I'll give you 1 gold piece and 60 silver." replied Krann

They haggled over the price for about another five minutes until the blacksmith said "Done!"

Krann handed over the amount that the blacksmith had agreed to and packed the supplies onto one of the horse and led them all back to the inn. When he reached the inn the other were ready to leave and a couple of hours later they were riding out the main gates.

DC29
DC29
26 Followers