The Black Seas Ch. 11-12

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
2.1k words
7.1k
00

Part 10 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Parrot Cay, 1705

RobertMaynard stood at the helm and gave the signal for both his crew and the crew of theRadiant Discordto cast off. Davis had to give Maynard the excuse of Jack's absence because of his drinking too much and was currently feeling under the weather. Maynard accepted it with a smirk saying, "Not much of a captain if he can't even hold his grog."

Davis didn't argue with the man. There was no sense in starting an argument that would result in Maynard demanding to see Jack because of his first mate's insubordination against him.

The one thing that did surprise Davis was that instead of heading south, Maynard had said there was a change of plans and they were to head north. Maynard had a rather large smile on his face that Davis could only attribute to anI told you so.

Davis didn't pushthatmatter either, though he was beginning to dislike not being able to defend his captain and friend. Instead, he asked Maynard why the change in plans so that he could notify Jack when he came around. What he was told surprised him.

"It appears my informant from last night had more news for me this morning. Of course he insisted on lightening my purse a little more. But interestingly enough theHades' Whorewas seen in these very waters just mere hours ago."

"And we are going to give it chase?" Davis asked adding excitement to his question as to not throw invite question from the man.

"In a sense," he said. "According to the information, Rusalka is heading to San Salvador to make repairs and upgrades, where she apparently has done in the past.

"Rather than follow her, hoping to catch up and thus giving her knowledge of our pursuit, we are going to head the opposite direction around Acklins Island and effectively cut her off, where we will sink her ship and her with it if need be."

"Jack ye couldn't have left at a worse time," Davis said to himself when he was alone.

——

Jack sat in a tavern on the Haitian island of Tortuga. He had a several people sitting with him at the table enjoying a drink by his coin. "I'm in need of something small," he was saying, trying to get the attention of all those at the table. "Something that will get me to Guanaja and back safely."

"What do ye want from there me friend?" one of the men at the table asked.

"An artifact that Blackbeard has sought for some time now," Jack replied.

Instantly a couple of the men got up and left the table. Jack expected as much considering Blackbeard's reputation. Hopefully though, they would still spread the word. When it came to the Caribbean and well known pirates, word spread quickly. Strangely enough it spread faster that the fastest of ships.

"Who are ye to tempt fate with the cursed Blackbeard?" the same man asked.

"The name is Calico Jack, master of the Caribbean!" Jack yelled as he climbed onto the table. He held his mug up high. "Soon even the landlubber, Blackbeard will serve me!"

"I have a skiff for ye Calico Jack, if ye be interested," the man called to him. He had to repeat it several times before Jack acknowledged the man. He had to make the scene look good after all.

"Aye!" He yelled down to the man.

"I'll leave ye be then until morning," the man said waving a hand at Jack. "Be at the docks with yer coin."

"Aye!" Jack howled again.

Acklins Island, 1705

TheRadiant Discordsat in the open water with its sails lowered and its overall appearance in need of repair. The goal was to look like a helpless ship for when Rusalka and her pirate gang appeared they would have an easy target to strike.

Meanwhile, theOcean's Innocencesat just off the coast of Acklins Island and out of sight, ready to ambush the pirate when they began their attack. The only downfall that Davis could see was they were too late to intercept her or other pirates would attack.

Fortunately neither scenario won out.

It was just afternoon when the announcement came down from the crow's nest that a ship with a raised pirate flag appeared on the horizon.

"Man yer positions!" Davis ordered.

The men scurried into position, pretending to be working or fixing some part of the ship. Davis had raised a merchant's flag when they first arrived and the crew placed weapons in strategic spots hidden from view. The cannons were loaded and also kept from sight.

It was all just a matter of waiting and having the element of surprise. Davis was a little angry at having to use theRadiant Discordas bait, but without Jack being there he couldn't raise much of a fuss. And Maynard reminded him how any expenses that incurred would be taken care of. Davis couldn't argue the point any further. Of course, Maynard had no idea of their intentions.

——

TheHades' Whoreroared through the waters, cutting through the waves with ease. Through the spyglass, Rusalka could see the ship was down and the crew struggled to make repairs.

It didn't appear to be armed, but in her experience, appearances could be deceiving. Regardless, he had the crew prepare for a battle. TheHades' Whorewas fully recrewed and repaired from the journey to Jamaica, but Rusalka still aimed to add a few more upgrades. She hoped to take this new ship whole. With two ships, she could upgrade the new one instead and launch both against Blackbeard. Of course, only time would tell.

——

The ship didn't take as long as Davis had expected. Once the ship was close enough, he gave the order for the crew to pick up weapons. The crew had two phases they would perform. One was to pick up the set of weapons that would make any man laugh, sailor and pirate alike. The second phase would be to wait until the enemy was upon them, then drop and grab the real weapons and fire on them with cannons.

If they could just hold off Rusalka and her crew long enough for Maynard to arrive, then they would have her.

TheHades' Whorepulled in broadside with them. Rusalka stepped to the railing and called over. "Surrender now and ye will only be marooned on that island," she said pointing toward Acklins Island.

"We are mere merchants, but we will fight for what is ours," Davis said in reply.

"Then to the depths of Davy Jones' Locker with ye!"

The crew didn't need a sign to begin. They dropped their false weapons and grabbed the real ones. The cannon ports opened allowing the cannons to slip out and began firing on the ship.

Rusalka was quick issuing orders to her crew as her ship was battered. TheHades' Whoreopened up their cannons returning fire on the opposite ship.

Board the ship and kill every one of those scurvy curs!Rusalka yelled.

She looked around for a good target to shoot when movement caught her eye. She looked over to the island to see another ship slipping into view. She weighed the chances of this new ship coming to aid against it being an ambush.

It was too much a coincidence to be coming to aid the other ship. There was no way she'd escape this battle with her ship fully in tack. So she did the only thing she could to save her ship and crew.

Retreat!

Mary rushed up to her side.What is it Captain?

There.She said pointing to the new ship.

We don't stand a chance to out run her.Mary Read stated.We need a distraction.

Belay that!Rusalka ordered.Lead that attack and make it worth it.She told Mary. I'll come and find ye.

Rusalka didn't care to leave Mary behind to face an uncertain fate, but Mary understood the greater need Rusalka had to seek revenge against Blackbeard.

Mary Read ran down to the lower deck yelling.Come on ye salty dogs! We fight fer our captain!

With pistols and swords raised, Mary Read led her group of men across the expanse and onto the other ship. Once the last of the men crossed, Rusalka ordered the ship to move. With the damage they sustained, they couldn't outrun the new ship. But if Mary caused enough havoc, they just might.

——

"What's going on?" one of Robert Maynard's crew shouted.

What indeed? Maynard thought.

"Get me more speed out of this ship!" He yelled "Loosen what we don't need overboard. I don't want that ship leaving our sight."

"What about theRadiant?" an officer asked.

"What about it?"

"There's a small force aboard sir."

Maynard snatched the spyglass from the officer's hand and looked through it. "I'll be damned," he said almost silently.

"The crew doesn't stand a chance against a demon sir," the officer said.

"I well know what they are capable of," he snapped at the man. His prey was getting away and unless they saved the other ship, he wouldn't have a chance of stopping Blackbeard. "Head for theRadiantand prepare to board."

——

Mary Read and her crew fought mercilessly against the crew of theRadiant Discord. Both sides were seasoned fighters and sailors, but theRadiantdidn't have a demon on its side.

Mary spearheaded the attack, shoving aside the crew and leaving them for the remainder of her crew to take care of. Her focus was on theRadiant'scaptain. Howell Davis stood with his sword drawn awaiting theSuccubus.

"Come ye scallywag and let me show ye how to use that sword," he offered.

Mary Read smirked and stalked on. Once she was close to Davis, she attacked with blinding speed. Davis managed to lift his sword and barely blocked the incoming blow, knocking him to his backside.

"Blimey!" he shouted in surprise. He wasn't expecting such a quick, forceful attack.

Mary Read smiled a toothy grin.Ye were saying something about showing me how to use this, ye slimy sea dog?

"Ye just caught me by surprise," Davis remarked. He jumped to his feet, slicing out in an arc at the demon.

Mary jumped back enough to avoid the hit and stepped in blocking his arm and slammed her fist into his face. The impact forced him forward. He dropped his sword and landed on his face.

Mary stepped forward, lifting her sword up to strike him when she sensed danger. She ducked barely getting out of the way of a swinging sword. She twirled around, swinging her sword and hitting empty air. Her new opponent already in the air, jumping over the sword, he extended his foot and connected with her face.

Blood flew from Mary's mouth as she flew backward. She slammed onto the deck and slide, a barrel stopping her momentum.

"Good afternoon, Mary Read," Maynard said with a mock smile.

Mary Read wiped her mouth, drawing away a trickle of blood. She slowly and deliberately picked herself up off the deck and spit out small amount of blood.

"Not very lady like."

Mary growled, lifted her sword and attacked. Maynard still had his sword sheathed. He sidestepped, dodged and ducked each swing Mary took. He could see her frustration mounting as her effort increased.

"That the best you can do demon?" Maynard taunted.

The succubus' face contorted in rage. She grabbed the sword two handed and began swinging uncontrollably. The act forced Maynard to draw his sword to block the attacks he couldn't avoid.

What's wrong ye dog? Ye run out of tricks?

Maynard smiled exaggeratedly. "No I've just begun."

He played out her attacks, slipping in closer with each swing. He slipped under and past Mary's arm as she struck with a diagonal slice. He caught the look of surprise on her face just before he struck the back of her head with the pommel of his sword.

Mary's eyes rolled up into the back of her head and she dropped to the ground. The battle was over as her crew had surrendered shortly after Maynard's crew boarded the ship. Seeing they were highly outnumbered they dropped their weapons and gave themselves over before the battle even got well underway.

Maynard looked around the ship, and then his eyes settled on theSuccubusat his feet. "Put them in the brig and keep her caged separately."

"Aye, aye."

"Make sail and cast off," Maynard ordered.

"Yer planning on chasing after Rusalka?" Davis questioned.

Maynard laughed and shook his head. "This ship needs repaired and the help of your captain. Speaking of which, I'd like you to come clean about where young Jack is."

Davis' faced reddened slightly. All he could do was nod.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Orders & Servitude Part 3 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
From the Ashes: CATU Book 6 Ch. 00 The Amazon.in Novels and Novellas
More Stories