The Black Seas Ch. 14

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
801 words
6.9k
00

Part 12 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ocean's Innocence, 1705

MaryRead sat in her lone cell. The rest of theHades' Whore'screw was located somewhere else in the ship. She wasn't even really sure they were there and alive, but truly she didn't care. The crew was replaceable.

She had spent the first few days trying to break free of the cell, but eventually had given up. The bars were made ofMythrilwhich were meant more for a demon than anything else, which is why she assumed she was alone.

No one had come down to visit her which did surprise her just a little. But she figured at some point her interrogation would come, whether there on the ship or someplace even more secure. So she waited and sat in silence. The hours and days ticked by and the only measure of time she had was the light that seeped through down to where she was. The constant sway of the ocean told her they were at sea but she had no other insight than that.

The creaking of steps drew Mary out of her concentration. She kept sitting but only turned her head in the direction of the sound. The tall, well dressed man entered the brig with an air of confidence around him. Mary instantly felt the sensation of the man havingSecond Sight; the ability to sense demons and see them even when they chose not to be seen.

Mary stayed in her human form deciding there wasn't any use in trying to intimidate the man. Instead as he walked across to stand in front of her she followed his movement putting a scowl on her face the entire time. The man stood before her and stared. Neither spoke as they allowed the silence to hang in the air.

"There is only one reason I have not killed you," the man said breaking the silence. When Mary didn't respond he continued. "You are merely a means to an end, but I can assure you after I have gotten from you what I want then you will find death comforting."

Mary remained silent trying to figure out what the man wanted. After a moment it dawned on her. "She will come for me, but her wrath upon ye greater than ye can imagine."

The man laughed as if told a joke. Mary looked at him not with puzzlement but more as if she was looking at a fool. "You humans always think you can walk around thinking nothing can stop you. You overestimate your capabilities and strength," she said with a sneer.

The man laughed once again, this time harder than before. "I will concede manyhumansas you put it can be like that, but it is my experience that demons are just the same if not worse. That is probably why humans have prevailed throughout history."

"I can tell ye have had much experience," she said motioning to theMythrilbars.

"Of course theBlack Listhas its resources and knowledge in such things," the man replied.

"Explains a few things," Mary remarked looking around briefly. "And who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?"

"Robert Maynard," he replied with a curt bow, "captain of this ship and leader of theBlack List."

"Well Robert Maynard, I will have to remember yer name so that if ye survive an attack from theHades' WhoreI can hunt ye down."

"See what I mean about over confidence?" he said with a chuckle. "All things aside though you can help me and I will give you an easy death."

"And why would I care to do that when the only incentive I have is death?" she asked looking up at him.

"I guess you really don't, but you are immortal and theBlack Listhas been around for a long time and will continue that way."

She flinched just ever so slightly, but it was enough for Maynard to catch it. Even though she insisted Rusalka would come for her, he saw there was just that hint of doubt that she would not.

"So do I have your cooperation?" he asked.

Mary glared at him, giving him a look of pure hatred. He stepped back away from the bars sighing. "I guess that is a no," he remarked. "We will succeed with or without your help."

"Then why don't ye just do it and get it over with?" she lashed out.

"And lose my bargaining chip?" he asked stroking his chin like he was pondering the answer. "I think not."

"I will enjoy seeing your rotting corpse hanging from the mast," she spewed.

"We shall see." He smiled and left the brig.

Mary sat back with her hands in her lap. She gave nothing but she planned to take it all.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Retribution Part 2 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Orders & Servitude Part 3 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories