The Black Seas Ch. 15

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
1.4k words
8k
00

Part 13 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mistiko Cays, 1705

Over the next few weeks Blackbeard kept Jack close, keeping his eye on the young captain. Jack spent most of his time walking the Queen Anne's Revenge, looking for any weaknesses he could to his future advantage. What time he wasn't using to tour the ship he spent conversing with Blackbeard.

He disliked the pirate for many reasons, none more so than because Blackbeard was responsible for killing his father. Jack had to push aside his dislike and tolerate the demon.

Jack currently sat at a large table set in the middle of Blackbeard's personal cabin. The room was unusual for Jack's tastes. Hanging on the walls were various weapons and pistols. Some Jack easily recognized and some he could only guess at their origin. The style of the room matched much of the ship. It had a look of something ancient with the exception of newer wood that had been used to repair the ship from various sea battles.

Blackbeard paced the room as he spoke to Jack, mostly about adventures and battles Blackbeard had been part of in the past. He spoke as if it were mere years or decades ago, but Jack had the feeling the demon pirate had been around for longer than he cared to think about.

Humans are such an interesting thing; resilient and sometimes hard to kill. Take the Battle of Artemisium. When Xerximous, better known as Xerxes, attempted to take over the human race, we were somehow beaten back. It seems even a Demon Lord can be beaten. For ages we have strived to take over the human race and this world. And for ages we have failed; time and time again. That is why I have chosen a different path. Why take over the entire world when you can take a piece of it?

Humans are weak but even with their weakness they find the strength to push past barriers and are somehow able to defeat those more powerful than themselves. And now with yer assistance I will take that small part and rule the seas as that accursed Davy Jones does. Only I will rule the seas as they should be.

The last part of Blackbeard's history lesson caught his attention. The old historian didn't supply him with much about Davy Jones. All he knew was what every other sea farer knew about Davy Jones. It prompted Jack to question the much hated demon captain.

"What is so special about Davy Jones?"

Except the fact he is a Demon Lord, he rules over the seas. Or at least he used to. Blackbeard explained finally coming to a stop. He faced Jack with his hands on the table, leaning against it and looking straight at him. The ancient Greeks called him Poseidon, the Romans called him Neptune. Other cultures of humans have a different name for him throughout history. Regardless of what he is called he was once ruler over the seas. But through a turn of fate his power over the seas was severed.

A Valkyrie named Ancel fought a battle with the Demon Lord. The battle was fierce, but in the end Ancel defeated the Demon Lord but didn't destroy him. Ancel instead bound him to sail the seas unable to use any of his power for eternity save for his locker.

"And the Forbidden Key unlocks that power," Jack guessed.

Aye. Blackbeard agreed. The ability to do so is known by few humans, but easy for a Valkyrie. Ancel did just that and sealed his powers into the Shedu Medallion.

"And what of the locker?" Jack questioned.

So much ye do not know and yet ye tempt fate and dare cross wits with me. Blackbeard laughed. The locker is a place created by Davy Jones. It is a place where he can torment any human foolish enough to die at sea. It is an endless torment for all eternity."

"How do ye know ye won't fall into same fate as him?" Jack challenged.

If that was yer plan this whole time young Calico Jack. Blackbeard said his name as if it were something distasteful in his mouth. He moved toward Jack before the young man had a chance to react. Jack was lifted into the air with one hand by the demon pirate. Ye are foolishly mistaken. I would not seek such a treasure if it were such an entrapment.

The look in Blackbeard's eyes put a little fear deep inside Jack at that moment. He knew he played a close game with the demon but up until that moment he didn't know just how close.

The door to the captain's cabin flew open at that instant. "Captain," the crewman said before realizing he was interrupting. The man shrunk back ready to close the door when Blackbeard shouted out at him, dropping Jack in the process.

What is it? He demanded.

"Ye wanted to be told when the Cays were in sight," he stated.

Weigh anchor and stir the crew. Blackbeard commanded. Once the door was shut he turned around to Jack. Now ye tell us where the next leg of our journey takes us or rather, he smiled a toothy grin, where our destination be.

Jack was hauled out onto the deck of the Queen Anne's Revenge. The entire crew stood on deck as Blackbeard arrived with Jack. He pushed him forward into the crew. They caught him and set him up straight pushing him back into the middle of the newly formed circle.

Alright gents. Blackbeard announced loudly. We have the man that holds the key to our destination and an eternity of endless power.

The crew cheered and shouted, raising fists into the air.

Now young Jack, would ye care to share with us the location? Blackbeard asked grinning down at him. The giant of a pirate lumbered over him like a tree. The crew continued to shout. They demanded his head or some wanted to skin him alive if he didn't talk.

Jack knew this moment was coming and was glad to have the fortune of having it go according to plan. Now he just had to play it out to make it seem convincing.

"And what do ye plan to do with me?" he asked over the shouts.

As I see it, the pirate captain said. Ye have two options. We either kill ye now if ye refuse or we maroon ye on that island over there. He pointed.

"I'm willing to bet the marooning comes if I tell ye the location?" Jack asked stupidly.

The crew and Blackbeard laughed. Aye provided ye tell us. But if ye prove to be wrong ye better hope yer already dead or off the island before our return.

"And if it is correct?" Jack asked again stupidly.

Then ye better start praying ye find a way off the island. Blackbeard said with a bit of a chuckle. The rest of the crew joined in with their laughter.

"Can't we talk about this?" Jack insisted, begging with a pleading tone.

Now Jack, Blackbeard said more demanding than before. He withdrew his sword and pointed it at Jack's chest where his heart was situated. Now what will it be Jack? A stab through the heart or a new home on yer very own island?

"Third island in the Pearl Cays," Jack said somberly. "Fourteen paces south of the rock shaped like a fish."

Now ye see Jack that wasn't so bad. Blackbeard said mockingly. Now off me ship before I gut ye and feed ye to the fish.

"No pistol?" Jack asked.

No need in ye killing yerself should we need to return Jack. The demon captain said. He nodded and Jack felt two large hands wrap around his arms. He was lifted and spun around. The island loomed in view and he was set before a plank.

Jack stepped onto the plank and walked to the edge. He turned around and looked Blackbeard dead in the eye. "When I get off this wretched island, I will come and find ye scurvy cur."

Without waiting for a response, he turned and jumped into the clear blue water. By the time he reached the shore the Queen Anne's Revenge was nearly a speck on the horizon.

Now hopefully Howell gets here before Blackbeard decides to return with vengeance.

There wasn't a rock shaped like a fish on the third island or any of the Pearl Cays' islands. In fact Jack had no idea where the accursed medallion was. Not even the old historian knew where it now lay.

If everything goes as planned, he will have traded one enemy for another, but in doing so he could find his sister and together they could rid themselves of the dread pirate captain, Blackbeard.

All this ran through Jack's head as he lay down on the shore. Just a matter of weeks and everything will fall in place.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 00 What happens to a nosy agent?in Novels and Novellas
Of Gods & Demons The origins of Ra and Anubis.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories