The Black Seas Ch. 21

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
4.4k words
7.6k
00

Part 19 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tortuga, 1706

TheHades' Whore glided swiftly into the bay of Tortuga with the wind at her back. The port was as lively as it had always seemed to Rusalka. She stood atop the bowsprit glancing from ship to ship in search of Blackbeard's.

What she didn't see or was even aware of was theFlyingDutchman slowly sulking up upon her. Davy Jones stood on the deck with a wide grin spread across his face. He knew none of theHades' Whore's crew knew they were there. His crew—all wicked creatures fromHades—waiting silently and patiently for their captain's orders.

Rusalka gazed from ship to ship when she suddenly spotted three forms in a long boat about to board a ship. She squinted. Even with her superior vision, she had to focus to see the figures at their far off distance. Right away she recognized Mary, then Jack.

Her heart nearly leapt from her chest at the sight of her brother. The demon side of suppressed the feelings and emotions of her human side. It was the first time in many years that her inner turmoil fought.

She spun to shout orders when the first cannonball ripped across the deck. A crew member caught it in the center of his chest and was propelled backward, through the rail and over the side.

Another cannonball was headed at her and she was forced to dive to the side as the place she was standing at erupted into a shower of splinters further effectively cutting off any orders she was to give.

She slammed into the deck and took a moment—one she didn't have—to get her bearings. Around her the crew scoured frantically. Weapons in hand they began to take on defensive positions releasing a torrent of bullets across the expanse to the attacking ship.

Return fire ye maggot bellied dogs!Rusalka yelled as she jumped to her feet.Force them in and prepared to board!

The crew shouted their acknowledgement bringing their frantic actions into an organized attack. Cannons from theHades' Whore returned fire, ripping new holes into the enemy vessel.

Rusalka and her crew only had so much of a view of their enemy. The darkness enveloped the attacking vessel as the clouds in the sky kept the moon at bay. Regardless, her crew continued firing cannons and guns at the unknown enemy while receiving just as much in return.

Rusalka had no control over the seas but she could have sworn she felt the water moving her ship toward the attacking ship. Fear, which was something unusual for a demon, slowly crept up through her.

The fear took a firm grip of her when the clouds finally broke allowing the moon's light to shine down upon the bay. Before her ship the largest ship she had ever seen. Probably the largest ever to set sail in the Caribbean, she reasoned.

Davy Jones.She whispered.

As if the air carried her whispered across the deck and sea to the enemy captain, Davy Jones suddenly turned his head and locked gazes with her.

She blinked to clear away the sight and fear, grasping to take control of her own emotions. When she opened her eyes she fell back startled and finding her sword in her hand unbelieving how quickly it was there.

Davy Jones stood before her with a most vile grin.

Sorry lassie but yer time has come.He said drawing forth his blade.

Rusalka suddenly overcame the fear of theDemon Lord. She knew aDemon Lord could spread the emotion like a scent from a flower and caught unaware it was very effective. But something inside her fought against it, reinforcing her will against it.

Davy Jones reached up to bring his sword down upon her. Rusalka acted even more frightened, seemingly cowering before him. But just before his blade made contact her sword met his.

The clang of metal on metal startled him slightly and it was enough for Rusalka to recovered her feet underneath her and gain a small piece of ground between them.

Clever lass.He mocked.But ye are no match fer my power.

Rusalka answered with a strike at the demon's midsection. Davy Jones stood his ground and whipped around his sword to answer with a loud clang of metal. The force of the impact sent Rusalka's sword wide and nearly from her grasp.

She had to tighten her grip against the sudden and unexpected force. Rusalka let the momentum carry her forward and into a spin that brought the sword around level with Davy Jones' chest. The sword swiped through the air where the demon should have been.

Rusalka brushed away the disbelief and skidded to a stop with her sword held high to guard against an attack that didn't follow. Instead, Davy Jones stood in the spot she was just at. His sword held away and down at the deck from his body. A thin line spread horizontally across theDemon Lord's chest and a small trickle of black blood flowed from the cut.

Very unexpected.He remarked.I cannot remember the last one, demon or otherwise able to strike me.

Ye need to get out more.Rusalka spat.

The remarked prompted laughter from the demon.Perhaps ye are correct in that assessment lassie. Ye would make a good member of me crew but orders are orders.

Rusalka couldn't have known the truth behind the remark or the circumstances surrounding the matter. She quickly pondered at his meaning but shoved the thought aside. She wouldn't allow it to be used as a distraction.

She moved to strike out at the demon when the deck beneath her shuddered causing her to lose her balance. She fought to keep her feet beneath her and was successful. Upon looking at Davy Jones and seeing how sure footed and solid he was she knew it was his doing.

Her accusations were confirmed a second later when the roar of hideous creatures erupted from her side. The shouts of theHades' Whore's crew matched the roars as both men and beasts crossed decks and collided.

Rusalka glared at the demon. He returned the glare with a wide smile. She reinforced her grip on her sword and dug her heels into the deck. She trusted her crew to keep the creatures back even if it meant they had to give over their lives.

Then she charged as if slung from a catapult. Midway through the distance that separated the two demons, Rusalka called upon her innate abilities over fire and her sword flared. Like allDjinn or Ifrit she had a small measure of control over fire. It wasn't much but it could be the edge she needed to beat Davy Jones or flee from him.

Their swords met. The metal clanged and the vibrations reverberated through her arms. They pressed close, pushing off each other. The flames licked at them—the heat intense.

Pathetic.Davy Jones growled.Ye dare think yer powers are stronger than mine?

Before Rusalka could answer the flame engulfing the sword winked out abruptly. The blade itself instantly cooled as if it was never set ablaze.

Rusalka's mind raced for something—an answer, a strategy, something. But nothing came except for the instinct to survive. So she fought.

Pulling away she threw a torrent of strikes, keeping her movements in tight, close circles. Davy Jones', however, were wide and beautifully flowing.

The battle, that of which Rusalka was unable to observe, was not going well for her human crew. The creatures were far more agile and durable than their human opponents. Regardless of their limits the crew fought with every ounce of strength and courage they had.

If Rusalka could see the battle her human side would have praised them for their commendable effort. The demon side of her could care less seeing them as expendable since they were very replaceable.

——

Justbefore Calico Jack along with his only surviving crew member and Mary Read reached theRadiantDiscord they heard the cannon fir erupting clear in the night air.

Jack and Mary Read spun around to regard the cannon fire. Jack was the first to question. "What's going on?"

Mary remained silent over the next few moments staring out past the darkness to see who was involved. "Davy Jones?" she said so quiet, more to herself than anybody else that Jack had to strain to hear.

"He succeeded?" Jack asked astounded.

"Ye knew this was going to happen?" Mary barked accusingly.

"I knew he was going to try, but I didn't think he'd succeed."

"Ye fool," Mary spat. She stood up in the long boat and changed into her true demon form. Without looking back she said, "Get yer ship to her aid quickly." Her wings spread out in a flash. With a leap into the air, Mary Read began her flight to theHades' Whore.

The long boat bumped against the hull of theDiscord and Calico Jack already had the crewman hoisted over his shoulder and jumping the ladder built into the hull of the ship. As he climbed he shouted orders to the already prepared crew. Once he reached the deck Jack handed off the crewman and rushed to the helm, taking control of the ship.

——

MaryRead swooped onto the deck of theHades' Whore crushing aLesser Creature beneath her. She didn't stand and look around the deck. Instead she was on the move. Using only her clawed hands, she tore through the deck slashing at any creature that crossed paths with her.

Her clawed hands ripped and tore flesh. Blood splattered and sprayed the deck. Creatures dropped to the deck or fell overboard. Those that were merely wounded got back up and pressed their attack on Mary. Keeping with the flow of her movement, Mary simply adjusted the new threat and quickly disposed of the reoccurring beasts alongside the new ones.

Mary Read kept with her assault as waves of the creatures ripped past theHades' Whore's crew to reach her, even when a new bombardment began.

——

CalicoJack at the helm guided his ship fast and efficiently next to theFlyingDutchman and released a barrage of cannon fire into the ship.

The crew cheered as pieces of theDutchman's hull splintered and showered wood in many directions. When theDutchman didn't return fire, Jack ordered a second round of cannon fire before commanding his men to infiltrate the opposite ship.

The men cheered at their success and Jack gave the order to board. The men threw grappling hooks across to grab a hold of theDutchman's railing drawing both ships close together. Within seconds the raid on theDutchman was taking place.

——

DavyJones snarled but not at Rusalka. He felt the presence of Calico Jack's men raiding his ship and anger quickly rose in him. Jack was just a fly on the wall waiting to be smacked away. The anger bore deeper though. He cared not for uninvited guests running rampant on his ship.

Jones paused long enough for Rusalka to take advantage of. While Jones fought against the bonds that held him to his task, Rusalka gained the edge she needed.

The first cut barely sliced across his neck as Rusalka struck prematurely before reaching him. The cut made him aware of her movement that he was not even aware of. When the second strike came, he was ready but still under prepared.

His sword was up to block, but the momentum of his opponent forced his sword aside and her sword cut deep into his arm. Black blood sprayed out, splattering the deck. Shock rippled through him at the sight of his own blood—blood he hadn't seen in well over a century.

It seems even the great Davy Jones cannot keep from bleeding.Rusalka said with malice.And if he can bleed, he can die.

Jones smirked at the idea. As foolish as he believed it to be, a smaller side of himself couldn't deny it. What he couldn't believe was the fact aDjinn was able to, at minimum, match his strength and power.

Rusalka herself was slightly amazed at the skill she possessed. Her secret was a simple one, but one she never really believed until now.

Ye seem to be more than ye appear lassie.Jones remarked fishing for information.

Rusalka laughed as they stepped away from each other. They encircled with their swords at the ready, but neither showing signs of another engagement.

Not being born a demon I have had to learn about what I have become.She explained with a bit of cockiness in her tone.What became a curse for me was greatly improved by a miracle.

Rusalka stopped suddenly following Jones' sudden stopping. A revelation sprang into his mind's eye. Only one thing could give aDjinn orSuccubus an increased power—she was pregnant.

A demon could hold onto her pregnancy for many centuries before the power reversed and began having an opposite effect. Davy Jones was suddenly unsure of his match with her.

Ever since demons began mingling with humans and producing offspring, how the rules affectedMarids andZombies were uncertain. With uncertainty came misjudgment.

——

MaryRead crept up upon behind the mast. Her arms and hands covered with the blood of her enemies dripped slowly onto the deck. She caught Rusalka's eye and gave a slow nod.

Not being born a demon I have had to learn about what I have become.Rusalka was saying.What became a curse for me was greatly improved by a miracle.

Then Davy Jones stopped his circling suddenly, leaving his back facing Mary.

Perfect opportunity.

She slipped out from behind the mast. She slipped out a small dagger, forged from the rareMythril and launched herself at him.

DavyJones caught the subtle movement and presence of Mary's attack and vanished long before she neared him. Mary passed through thin air and met the deck with a thud. Rusalka was at her side in an instant helping Mary to her feet while keeping a wary eye and senses open for a surprise attack.

Rusalka heard laughter in her head and from the reaction Mary Read had, she knew the young woman heard it too. Rusalka looked around through the chaos still taking place on the ships and spotted theDemon Lord standing on the bow of theDutchman. He spoke without moving his lips; the words forming in their heads instead.

Ye think ye can defeat me, but I have powers beyond yer comprehension. Yer defeat will come swiftly and soon ye will be rest in my locker.

They could hear the malice of his words as if he had spoken them aloud. Immediately both women new disaster was about to come.

Ready the cannons!Rusalka yelled making a run for the helm.

Pull back!Mary Read ordered knowing exactly what her captain had in mind.

The men were half their original number and those that were still alive were too engaged to immediately break loose and return to the ship. The few that were able ran for the cannons.

We may not make it out of here alive but we will die fighting.Rusalka said looking straight at her first mate.

On the contrary me Captain.Mary Read beamed.Yer old love Calico Jack is here.

Rusalka paused but only briefly. A floodgate holding back her emotions had broke open. She struggled internally against her demon side and when it was over her human side won out.

Rusalka leapt over the helm to land on the deck just in front of Mary Read.

Get the ship and what crew ye can and head to open sea.She ordered.

And what of ye me Captain?

Me?Rusalka asked pointing her hands inward to herself with a look of innocence.I will be back at yer side in no time, but I cannot allow Jack to risk his life fer mine.

Then I will see ye soon Captain.

Aye.Rusalka smiled then leaned in to kiss Mary Read deeply. She broke off abruptly and leap to the deck of theDutchman.

Damn it Anne. I know ye care fer him but is throwing yer life away worth saving him?

Mary Read pushed away her thoughts leaving them rhetorical in nature. She would never dare ask the question out loud to Rusalka let alone herself. Mary could have at anytime went out on her own instead of essentially serving theDjinn, but she wasn't sure how successful she would be. Besides she enjoyed the companionship too much to have it another way.

Let's just hope she doesn't get how fool self killed.

Without looking to the course Rusalka took, Mary leapt to the helm taking control of the wheel.

Fire those cannons!She yelled.Hoist the sails and head fer the open seas!

TheHades' Whore was beginning to turn, catching a gust of wind just as the cannons roared one last time at theFlyingDutchman.

——

Jack and his crew barely managed to land on the deck of theDutchman before creatures materialized on the deck before them. The sudden appearance of the beasts was shocking but they were ready for a fight.

Unfortunately for both Jack and his crew their attack had already started on a bad note. Within the first few minutes they were pushed back onto theDiscord and now forced to defend their own ship.

"Hold the line!" Jack screamed in hopes to reach the ear of everyman he had over the roars of the beasts.

The last thing any of the men wanted was the creatures over taking theDiscord and the only means of accomplishing that was to not let the beasts get more than a few feet onto the deck.

"We fight fer our cause and our lives!" a crewman suddenly yelled hoping to inspire the rest of the men.

A cheer and roar of the crew came right after and though Jack wasn't sure if they were going to survive, he at least knew his crew would die for something.

——

Rusalkacrossed the deck virtually unhindered cutting down the few creatures that crossed her. Many of the creatures were tied up with her crew or focusing their attack on theRadiantDiscord.

Disregarding the men struggling against the creatures, Rusalka turned toward Davy Jones. He stood at the bow not moving since his invasion of her mind. His eyes looked like they were rolled to the back of his head and he radiated with power.

With her sword in hand Rusalka flexed her hand and gripped her sword tighter as she stalked toward theDemon Lord. She moved slowly keeping her eyes on her target and her senses out for any other dangers not sure if he was aware of her or totally oblivious.

A couple creatures deviated her way and were easily struck down before even having a chance to present a danger to her. The battle was loud masking both the sound of the wind that flowed briskly by her and the sound of her footsteps.

Rusalka stood before Davy Jones and for a moment she felt partially remorseful. She knew it was the demon side of her. Dismissing it, to keep the control she now asserted over evil residing over her she prepared to strike.

As her hand rose for the strike Davy Jones opened his eyes locking dead even with hers. The sudden and unexpected motion stopped her muscles in time.

Why Rusalka hesitated she didn't know nor did she seek to find an answer. Instead she released the fleeting emotion and thrust out. Her sword found its way deep into Jones' chest, biting hard.

She let go of the hilt and stepped away from the captain, unsure whether she was successful or not and knowing there would not be a second chance.

Ye foolish sea witch.He snarled viciously. Ye cannot hope to kill me.Ye arrr doomed!

Davy Jones wrenched the sword free of his body. His black blood once again spraying the deck and the one responsible stood before him. Rusalka could see the rage flaring up in his eyes as he approached her.

I see why that sea devil Blackbeard wants ye killed lassie. Ye are a thorn in the side of everyone ye come across.

So ye take the orders of the dog do ye?Rusalka asked mockingly.Too bad ye let someone lesser pull yer strings.

12