The Black Seas Ch. 23

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
939 words
7.1k
00

Part 21 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Bahamas, 1706

Aftera much needed reunion Jack gathered Anne, Mary and his first mate, Howell Davis together. It was time for questions and answers.

Anne and Davis sat to either side of Jack while Mary Read sat straight across. It wasn't that Mary didn't trust Calico; it was in her nature to be wary.

"I'm not sure were to begin," Jack started. "I guess the first is ye are carrying me child. How are ye still?"

Anne had broken the news to him the night before and even with the excitement of the news it left him with unanswered questions.

Mary Read was the first to answer. "Djinn andSuccubi have the ability to prolong pregnancy for millennia. Beyond that the child will rob the life force of the mother and eventually she would die."

"I prolonged my pregnancy fer this long because of the benefits," Anne added.

"Benefits?" Jack asked hesitantly.

"More power equal to that of aDemon Lord," Anne explained. "It is why I have been able to match Blackbeard in a fight."

"But it doesn't seem to be enough," Davis said.

All heads turned toward him at that moment. His sudden outburst surprised them all.

"Yer right, but I know where we are going to put an end to Blackbeard," Anne was first to respond.

"And how do we plan on this happening?" Calico questioned.

"Davy Jones already knows where we are heading," Mary Read informed. "They are already on the way."

"How would they know? Davis asked.

"Simple," Mary said. "While being held captive, I made a deal with his first mate."

———

Mary Read lay next to the bed naked. Her hand remained chained and anchored to the wall. Blackbeard had used her for most of the night as he had every other night.

Mary wasn't sure what time it was; only that it was day time. She pulled herself up using the chains and looked out the window. The sunlight stung her eyes making her blink a number of times to allow her eyes to adjust.

Before her was the sea and ships. She was at a dock somewhere. That somewhere, however, she did not know. As she stretched to get a better look she heard a creak of the deck at the door.

She released her grip of the chains and dropped to the deck just as the door swung open. To her surprise it wasn't Blackbeard standing in the doorway but his first mate Morgan. It was one of the few times she saw him in his human form.

"Come to have yer way with me too?" She asked definitely.

"I have a proposition fer ye," he said ignoring the question.

Mary stayed silent for several seconds. Morgan took it as a sign to continue.

"Blackbeard has become a barrier in my way and a threat to more than just me."

"Ye one the human's side now?" She snapped.

Morgan laughed. "Hardly. Humans aren't the only ones affected by his actions."

"Demons."

"All of us yes," he agreed. "I won't go into more detail than needed." He paused to consider his next words and to study Mary's body language. "Regardless I will need yer help."

"And how do I help ye?" she asked shaking the chains bound to her wrists.

"I have no doubt yer captain will come looking fer ye."

Mary looked down toward the deck and shook her head before looking back up to Morgan.

"And what do I get from it?"

"Ye get to live," he answered simply. "TheHades' Whore will be free to sail wherever it wants so long as it leaves the Caribbean."

"And if it doesn't?"

"I don't need to go any deeper than that," he answered without any malice in his voice.

Mary let the idea roll around in her head weighing the options before answering.

"Very well," she answered after a moment. "Where do we have to go?"

"Dead Man's Cove."

———

"How can we trust Morgan?" Davis asked. "And who did he refer to?
"He spoke of theBrethren Court, a council of demons ruled by Morgan. UnlikeWinter, theBrethren Court focuses on controlling the Caribbean and potentially all the seas rather than the entire world," Mary explained. "As far as trusting Morgan, that is still in the air."

"Then we don't have much time," Calico commented.

"Aye," Davis agreed.

"One thing I would like to know is why we don't see more pregnant demons," Jack wondered aloud.

Mary Read burst out in a small laughter. After drawing everyone's attention to her again she said, "There are several reasons ranging from the bond formed between the child and its father to the effects onMarids andZombies."

"And ye have been around for thousands of years and ye don't know?" Davis asked incredulously.

"Let's just say we like to follow what we know rather than causing more problems than needed," Mary said almost coldly.

Jack felt her tone flow like ice over him and he was pretty certain Davis had the same feeling. So far he felt Mary could was trustworthy but as far as risking her life for his—that was still up in the air.

"Well," Jack said as he pushed off the table. The conversation only had one direction to go and it was going to be a heated one. "We have repairs to be made and an ambush to plan."

"Aye," Anne said feeling the hostility herself. "We'll have as much time as Jones needs to make repairs, but they know where we are headed and that will give them time to catch up."

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 00 What happens to a nosy agent?in Novels and Novellas
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Of Gods & Demons The origins of Ra and Anubis.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories