The Boss's Wife Pt. 03

Story Info
Derek moves up the corporate ladder in more ways than one.
7.6k words
4.6
46.4k
43
2

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/09/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant. The valet driver took the keys from me as I exited my car. He looked at me with a disapproving side gaze as he got into my car. I am sure he was used to parking high-end luxury cars and not a regular no-frills vehicle like mine. Most of the money I made went straight into a savings account. I wasn't going to blow it away on an expensive car.

"Yes," the man inside said as I came up to the podium where he was standing. "Deliveries are in the back," he said as he looked back down at the large pad.

"I am here to meet my boss," I said waving my hand over the pad to get his attention.

"Name?" the man asked as he looked at me.

I gave him the name of both Samuel and Jack. He looked at me with widened eyes. "You're the person they are waiting on?" he said looking down at my jean pants and dark green shirt. I wasn't told it would be formal, so I didn't plan on dressing the part.

"Yes," I nodded.

"This way," he motioned.

"Derek," Samuel said as he stood up. "I should have told you it would be formal wear, that's my fault."

I looked at the man and smiled as he walked back to his post.

Jack shook his head at me obviously disappointed.

"I think you know everybody," Samuel said as we both sat down. I nodded at Jack and Tammy. I knew Samuel and his wife Jane from one of the office parties. The other two men and their wives I remembered their faces but not their names.

"No," I shook my head as I sat beside Samuel.

"Well," Samuel said as he motioned to one of the men. "This is Lester and his wife Cassandra, and on your right is Timothy and his wife, Tabitha."

"Hello," I nodded.

"That was quite an idea you had," Timothy said. "Blew mine right out of the water," he said with a half-smile.

Now I knew where I had seen these two before. They were on the floor below, no doubt they were interested in the partnership as well.

"Yes, we know," Tabitha shook her head. She turned to look at me. "It has been all he has been talking about since yesterday."

"Sorry," I shrugged.

"No need to be sorry," Jack shook his head. "It is the nature of the job. We don't get paid to be nice."

"Well said," Samuel nodded. "I brought the four of you here to go over the two remaining ideas as well as meet each other in a less stressful environment."

"It also helps that he really likes the food here," his wife shook her head. "Any reason he can give to the board for coming here and having them flip the bill is a good reason."

"Guilty," Samuel nodded. Jane was the poster board woman for being a trophy wife. She had medium length blonde hair and a perfectly cut face with a smile that looked like it should be on Television.

Slowly the food came out, and the conversation turned to Jack's idea. The other two were entirely on board with going forward with Jack's idea over mine.

I had to admit they made good points. It would be less of a hindrance and most cost-effective. While mine was a huge gamble as well as using money that we might need to stop the buyout.

The wives sat in silence, for the most part, sometimes putting a word in now and then. Tammy smiled at me as she looked across the table. "What about Derek's idea?" Tammy asked. "From what Jack told me last night it had the highest percentage of actually working."

"Jack?" Samuel asked.

"It does," Jack nodded. "Let's face it. My idea would only stop the buyout for now. What happens if they try again and again."

The other two men nodded their agreement. They began to discuss my idea to which Samuel became more talkative and involved. It seemed like he was waiting for things to go in my direction. He slowly leaned down by his side and produced an envelope. He took out four papers and slid them across the table to us.

"The board agrees with you Jack," Samuel said. "Sorry, but they are leaning towards Derek's idea. It is the biggest risk, and if it fails, then we will lose the company. If it works, it will stabilize us for years to come."

"Congratulations," Jane said nodding her head as she smiled at me.

"Thank you," I smiled. Jack looked at me with a stern look. I knew that look he was not happy. However, to hell with him. This was my opportunity, and if he couldn't understand that, then he could take a long walk off a short pier.

"Well," Tabitha said. "With that settled, we should be going."

Timothy nodded. "Will see you at work tomorrow," he said as he held up the papers in his hand. "Light reading for tonight."

Lester and Cassandra followed close behind leaving the five of us behind. Samuel got up to answer a phone call. Jane snuck over into his seat.

"No significant other?" she asked.

"No," I replied looking over at her.

Tammy smiled one of her usual smiles. "I think he is playing the field."

"He has more important things to think about than getting married at his age," Jack said as he drank some more of the wine.

"That's enough for you," Tammy said she took the glass from his hand.

"Yes," Jane replied. "We don't want a repeat of the other night."

Jack shook his head. "I will go and see if Samuel is ready to go."

The two ladies watched him go. "So," Jane said as she leaned closer to me. "Tammy has told me that she has told you our little secret."

I looked at Tammy. "She also takes the classes."

"I was the one that told her about them," Jane smiled.

Now I remembered her face. She was the blonde in one of the videos. It was hard to picture little miss perfect dancing to some of those raunchy songs that were playing. "Oh," I said.

"Oh?" Jane smiled looking over at Tammy.

"He is a bit shy," Tammy shrugged.

Jane leaned in closer so that she was almost in my lap. "She also told me you have a nice cock," she whispered.

Her hand moved on to my lap and squeezed my crotch. I quickly looked around the crowded restaurant. "Don't be afraid, I won't do anything," Jane said as she let it go. "I just wanted to see for myself."

"You ladies ready?" Samuel asked as he came back to the table.

"More than ready," Jane said as she stood up.

I walked them outside. Jack was already in his car motioning for Tammy to hurry up. I shook my head at him as the car pulled away. Tammy waved at us as they drove away.

"Don't mind the three of them," Samuel shook his head. "The board, as well as Neil, are pleased with how far you have come in a short time. The three of them have been trying to impress Neil for the past seven years, and you have done it in less than two. That will make you an enemy to many people."

"Too bad for them," I shrugged. "Like Jack said we don't get paid to be nice."

"Exactly," Samuel said. He pulled out another piece of paper from the small folder under his arm. "This is the names and phone numbers for everyone on the board. They want you to call them with a time they can get with you individually."

"Individually?" I asked.

"Yes," Samuel said as his car pulled up. "Let's just say some of them aren't convinced you came up with that idea by yourself. Meeting them individually will give you a chance to prove them wrong."

Samuel got into his car. "See you tomorrow."

Jane approached me with her hand stretched out. "It was nice meeting you," she said as we shook hands. I felt a piece of paper go into my hand, and I hid it in my palm.

"Likewise," I nodded.

They drove off leaving me alone. The valet looked at me with distaste on his face. "Where did you park it?" I asked.

He motioned to the back of the valet parking as he threw me the keys. "Thanks," I smiled.

As I walked back to my car, I looked at the paper it was a phone number with instructions of the time to text or call. I smiled and put it in my pocket.

*************

"You could have warned me," I said as I talked to Tammy later that night.

"And ruin that look on your face?" I heard Tammy laughing on the other end of the phone. "It was priceless."

"Why did you tell her?" I asked.

"Why not?" Tammy replied. "She is just as sex-starved as I am, and it's not like you don't find her attractive."

"No, but..." I began to say.

"Samuel?" Tammy interrupted.

"Yeah," I replied. "He would have my head."

"No, not really," Tammy said. "I am sure you could tell that they aren't the happy couple that they seem to be right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. I guessed there was trouble in paradise the last time I saw the two of them at the office party. I thought it was because they had been married for so long.

"Samuel is gay," Tammy blurted out.

"What!" I said shooting upright in my bed.

"He has been for a long while. The board is the only reason they are still pretending to be married. They will most likely find a reason to demote him or get rid of him if they found out."

"Does Jack know?" I asked.

"Hell no," Tammy replied loudly. "If he knew he would tell Neil, just so that he could take Samuel's place."

"That would be a Jack thing to do," I nodded.

"You going to text her?" Tammy asked.

"I don't know," I said as I thumbed the paper.

"You should," Tammy replied. "I would like you to if that makes it easier."

"You two are good friends huh?" I asked.

"Most definitely," Tammy replied. "He is out of the shower. You still coming to the dance, right?"

"Of course," I answered.

"See you then," Tammy said as she hung up.

I took one more look at the paper then began to dial the number. "Well, hello," Jane answered.

"Is it a good time?" I asked.

"Of course," Jane replied. "He is out with one of his boy toys," she said with a sigh. "I am guessing Tammy filled you in with everything?"

"Yes," I replied. "I didn't know. He doesn't seem the type."

"He has become very good at hiding it," Jane said. "But enough about him. What about you? Tammy tells me you liked the dance videos."

"Oh definitely," I answered.

"Did she send you any of mine?"

"No, I remember seeing you in one of the videos, truthfully I didn't pay much attention," I answered honestly.

"To be expected," Jane said. "Tammy has a way of hogging the spotlight."

"Oh, no I mean," I began to say.

"Relax, I meant it in a good way. She is talented, and she has the chest that most boob guys, like yourself love."

"You could tell that huh?"

"Yes," Jane said. "I am glad mine got some of the stares as well."

"Well I will remember to pay more attention next time," I said with a smile. I couldn't believe I was flirting with one of my boss's wives.

"Oh, I hope you will give them a lot of attention. After all, Samuel paid for them and hasn't touched them or anything," Jane sighed.

"That must be rough," I said thinking about the position she was in, married to someone that had no interest in her.

"It can be at times, but then I got myself into it, and I could easily get myself out. He has told me I could leave, and he would not fight my decision."

"Why don't you?" I asked.

"Don't know, to be honest. I guess I am comfortable. I am going to be fifty-three soon. I don't feel like jumping back into the dating pool," Jane said a bit disheartened.

"Fifty-three?" I asked. "I thought you were in your forties."

"Flattery will get you everywhere," Jane laughed.

"I am serious," I replied. Jane had the looks of a woman in her early forties. Even in her late thirties.

"Well, thank you," Jane said. "I try to keep in shape and eat well. Never smoked and hardly drink."

"It shows," I said as I looked at the time, it was getting late, and I wanted to get in on time and start meeting some of the board members.

"You should get some sleep," Jane said as if she was reading my mind.

"I will see you at the dance, this Friday?" I asked.

"Maybe sooner, get some sleep," Jane said as she hung up.

I laid back in bed and thought about Tammy and now Jane. What the hell was I getting myself into and how could I get away with it.

*************

"Are in trouble?" Candice asked as I walked past her desk.

"I don't know, am I?" I replied.

"You'll see," Candice replied with a smile.

I continued my way to my office. Nigel and Samuel were waiting in my office. I had only met Nigel once, and even then, it was on purpose. He happened to be on the elevator when I got in. We didn't say a word to each other. Now he was sitting in my office.

"Take a seat," Samuel said.

I calmly walked to my desk and sat down. "Did I do something?" I asked as I looked at both men.

"No," Nigel said shaking his head. "Why would you assume that?"

"Well, the whole floor looked at me as if I was a man walking towards the gallows," I shrugged.

"Told you he had a sense of humor," Samuel said as he sat back.

"He will need it," Nigel said as he leaned forward and placed a folder on my desk. "This came in this morning."

I picked up the folder and read the paper inside. A smile crept across my face. "They are dropping out of the buyout."

"Yes, we haven't even made a move on approaching any of the other companies. It would seem we have a leak inside the company," Samuel said.

"Ah," I nodded. "You think I told my plan to my counterpart across the way."

"An assumption for the most part," Nigel replied.

"No," I smiled. "I will admit that I did leave my curtain up, but no I have not or will not tell them anything they don't need to know."

"That's good to hear," Nigel nodded. "The board still wants to meet you, they liked your proposal and would like to know what you think we should do next."

"Move ahead with my proposal, just because they dropped out, doesn't mean they won't plan or worse yet try to beat us to our other competitors," I answered.

Nigel looked over at Samuel. They both smiled. "Come with us," Samuel said as he got up. We walked back onto the floor and passed Candice's desk.

Jack was standing outside his office talking to one of the agents. The look on his face as he saw me walking with both of his bosses was priceless. "Jack," Nigel said as he passed.

"Sir," Jack nodded.

We got into the elevator. Nigel pressed a few buttons that made the elevator move up. We were heading for the top floor. I smiled as I remembered a few years ago when I was working in the mailing room, there were countless nights where some of us would get into the elevator and try to guess the sequence of numbers that would take us to the top floor. Not once did we get it right.

The door opened to a large lobby. Three women sat behind a large desk. "Fiona, Helen, and Kelly, this is Derek," Nigel said. The three women nodded in my direction. "Make sure he gets a code for the elevator."

"Yes sir," the women said in unison.

We walked around the large desk and the long wall that had the company's name in silver written on it. The rest of the hall was quiet. There were doors on each side each had a person's name on it. I recognized some of the names. Others escaped me.

"Here we are," Nigel said as he stopped at the door.

I stood in awe as I saw my name in gold against a black background on the door. "Mine?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I don't know another Derek Youngblood, do you?" Nigel asked Samuel.

"No, I do not," Samuel replied.

I stood still like I had grown roots and was planted in this spot. "Well?" Nigel smiled. "Are you going to open it?"

"Yes, of course," I said shaking my head from the daydream. I opened the door and walked into a large room. The desk was set in the back against the window.

"No peering eyes on this side," Samuel said. "Your room comes with a wardrobe, a shower, and a bar. Not fully stocked but you can stock it with what you want, as long as it used for company clients."

I nodded. Still trying to come to terms that I was becoming a partner, no more dealing with potential clients. Now all I had to do was keep the most critical clients happy and made sure I made them money which in turn made the company money. "I think we should leave him alone," Nigel smiled as he nodded to Samuel.

"Congratulations," Samuel said as he shook my hand.

"Thank you," I said shaking his hand then Nigel's "I won't let you down."

I walked around my large office with a massive smile on my face. I couldn't believe I had become a partner. It meant that I no longer had to take orders from Jack. That thought alone made me laugh out loud.

"Enjoying yourself," a woman's voice said.

I turned around to see a tall woman standing in the doorway. "Juliet," the lady said as she walked forward with a tablet in her hand. "I need your signature on these forms," she said as she sauntered forward.

This woman was gorgeous. I had never seen a woman like her, maybe in a movie or on a poster board but never in flesh and blood. She had long hazel brown hair that fell just past her shoulders. Juliet looked at me staring at her. "Derek?" Juliet said bringing me back from my daydream.

"Yes," I said as I used the pen to sign the papers on her tablet.

"Good," Juliet smiled. "I am your assistant if there is anything I can help you with you just need to let me know," she smiled and walked towards my desk. She wore a gray pencil skirt and a pink top. "How do you like your new office," Juliet said as she looked back at me.

"It's bigger than my apartment," I smiled.

"Mine too," Juliet smiled. "Have you gone over your client list?"

"No," I said as I walked over to the table. There was a folder with some papers inside. Juliet sat on the other side of the desk. "Sign in," she pointed to the screen.

I looked at the screen and saw my name as well as a bar to enter my password. "The default is your social security number after that. You can enter anything you would like," Juliet said as she leaned forward. Her ample chest pressed against the glass table.

I entered my social then was prompted to enter a new password. I entered my usual password and was greeted by a list of programs. "Top one," Juliet nodded.

"Ah," I said as a familiar screen greeted me. "I saw this at last year's office party," I smiled as I worked my way around the program and looking at my client list then at the papers in front of me.

"It seems like you won't be needing my help," Juliet nodded as she stood up. I watched as she walked towards one of the walls of the office. She pressed what looked like part of the wall. A door popped open, and she walked through closing the door behind her. I shook my head at the wonders of being on the top floor.

For what seemed like hours, I peered through endless amounts of bank accounts that were owned by the four clients I represented. "How is this even possible," I shook my head. I looked at the phone on my table wondering how I could contact Juliet. I pressed the zero button and waited. "Fiona," a voice replied.

"Oh, sorry," I replied. "I was trying to reach Juliet," I responded.

"Hold on," Fiona replied. For a few moments, there was silence.

"Derek?" Juliet said over what seemed like the intercom in my office.

"Yes," I replied out loud.

"You can put down the phone," Juliet said. "In the future, you can press the blue button on the phone and talk."

"Ah," I saw looking down. "Can you come in here for a moment?"

"Sure," Juliet replied. The door popped back open, Juliet sauntered her way into the room. "What can I help you with?"

"This," I said as I swung my monitor around. "It seems that whoever had Mr. Jacobstein's account before me wasn't giving all of his accounts the full attention it needed. He could be making a lot more from both of these accounts."

Juliet nodded. "It sure does," she smiled. "You should set up a meeting."

I nodded as I looked back at the screen. "Today," Juliet added looking at the phone.

"Oh," I said looking down at the huge phone on my table. Then I remembered the client list and looked through it. Pressing the quick dial number for my client, I sat back.