The Chosen One Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm not at liberty to discuss that issue without going through..."

Laura leaned forward toward Adam. "Her face changed, Adam. One minute she was a little old lady, and then the next -- well -- the only way I can describe it is -- evil."

Kevin kept his eyes down as he listened to his lover. His mind flashed back to the meeting with Gabriel, as he told him of a fallen angel, bent on destroying the human race. Then to the guardian angel who had watched over him as he lay dying in a hospital.

He remembered promising the young angel about keeping the secret of what he knew about his own identity and the knowledge of what he was now going to have to face. His inner turmoil did not go unnoticed by his best friend.

"You got something you want to share with us, Kevin? Some kind of -- thing -- just scared the shit out of your future wife and you aren't jumping out the front door to find it," Adam asked in a low tone.

Kevin remained silent as he continued to gaze down. He couldn't look Adam in the eye and lie to him; they had been through too much together. "I don't know what's happening. I'm just glad Laura and Kristine are alright now."

Adam Dawson perceived something in Kevin's voice. It wasn't what he had just said, but more like a nervous tone as if he was hiding something. He moved over to a nearby table and set down his beer. The others in the room could feel the tension building as they remained quiet, but studied Adam's changing facial expressions.

Kristine saw the look in his eyes first as he approached Kevin. She knew he was becoming angry. "Adam, maybe we should..."

The muscular SEAL commander shot her a stern look, silencing any thoughts she might have. He continued slowly toward his friend, a friend that he'd fought beside, but now his friend was acting as if none of that mattered. Since he had heard what happened at the restaurant, his friend had hardly said anything. Now, he couldn't even look him in the eye.

Adam stood over the younger SEAL, but kept his arms at his sides. He waited for Kevin to raise his head, but he continued to stare at the floor. "You know; if you're going to lie to me, at least have the fucking guts to do it to my face." Adam's voice was kept low, but his growing anger reverberated throughout the room.

Kevin remained with his head down. Even if he did reveal the truth, how could his team leader ever believe him. "I don't know what is happening. Maybe it has to do with that scroll thing."

Adam had reached his limit on hearing half-truths and dodging questions. It took just seconds to reach forward and place his powerful hand around Kevin's throat, pushing him back in his chair. He could hear his wife and Laura gasp in shock at his actions. He knew he was right about his assumptions when Kevin made no move to defend himself.

Candrea rose quickly and moved behind the man who was attacking the one person they were told to protect. "Let him go, Mr. Dawson." Her voice sounded more like a growl than a human female.

Adam's eyes remained locked on Kevin. "How about I put it to you this way, my old friend. Nadia is fucking around with MY wife. Now what the fuck is she, Kevin?"

Candrea's voice became even more menacing. "I said, let him go -- now."

"Shut the fuck up, Bitch, this is between me and him," he replied, with still no retaliation from Kevin.

He could hear the yelps of fear behind him from Kristine and Laura. They could only be caused by one thing, and he saw Kevin's eyes shift to look behind him then back up to his. He remained defenseless as he looked at his team leader.

With practiced speed, he released Kevin and turned around, but as he did, Adam pulled out the Desert Eagle and pointed it at the large white snout of Candrea Lacson. Even though her large sharp teeth were bared, and she released a low growl of annoyance, he stood his ground and kept the weapon pointed at her head.

Jim was leaning against the wall as he watched the actions of all the others. He knew from experience that watching and listening revealed more of what was truly going on in any circumstance. At first, he didn't think the human had it in him to pull the trigger, but as he watched the resolute man and the non-actions of the Chosen One, he began to have his doubts.

He took a step away from the wall, but was careful of his tone so as not to heighten the tension of the situation any further. "Nice moves, partner. I have to tell you though, I don't think that will stop her, and I'm fairly confident that I can get to you before you can fire again."

Adam kept his gaze on his target. "Well, there you werewolves go again; thinking you already know everything in life and are indestructible. I've personally seen one of these rounds push a full grown wolf back four feet." Then he glared harder at the large white wolf in front of him. "Trust me; you're not that fast, sweetheart."

Kevin got up from his seat and stood next to Adam. As he laid his hand on the extended arm, he pushed down slightly while he stared at the angry wolf in front of him. When Adam lowered the weapon, Kevin moved around the werewolf form of Candrea and studied her. He knew that a person's hair color determined the color the werewolf's fur would be, but he had never thought about an albino wolf before.

He knelt down next to her massive head and looked down the length of her now muscular form. As he brought his lips up to her long pointed ear, he spoke in such a low tone that he knew only she could hear him. "You've got pretty nice lines for a female, but know this; if you ever change and threaten my friend again, I'll rip you into so many pieces it will take Franklin a month to put you back together for burial."

Kevin stood up and looked at his frightened mate. He smiled at her, trying to reassure her that she was in no danger. "You and the baby okay?"

Laura glared at the massive form that remained in the middle of the living room. "I hope our child is a werewolf, because when he gets older, I'm going to sick him on her for doing that without warning."

Kevin gave a small chuckle. "Yep, that's my girl."

Adam tucked his Eagle away and moved over to pick up his beer. After taking a long pull off the bottle, he looked at Kevin. "So, are you ready to enlighten us on what you know, or do we start round two?"

"You won't believe me," Kevin said as he sat back down.

Adam laughed out loud and almost doubled over from the irony of the situation. "You're kidding, right? I've got a werewolf for a best friend; I've got another one in the middle of my living room looking to squat and mark her territory."

When Candrea heard the comment, she turned her head and released a low growl. Adam ignored the gesture and continued. "Oh, and you were supposed to be dead after the last mission, but an hour later you were walking around like nothing had happened. I'm willing to go on a little faith here."

Kevin sighed and looked down at the glaring beast in the middle of the room. She wasn't baring her teeth any longer, so he began to wonder if she had truly calmed down. He also wondered if her temper would flare again, once he revealed the secret the council was hiding. "Are you going to stay like that the rest of the night, or would you like a drink and talk this over?"

In the blink of an eye, Candrea collapsed on the floor. The others looked on as her human body lay there, her torn clothes covering some of her attractive body. As she rose to her knees, her shirt fell further open, revealing her soft breasts and pointed nipples. "I don't care what you think of us, but you shouldn't do this; it's too much for them to understand."

Kevin only stared back with a bored expression. "First off, Candrea, in the hallway is a closet, go get a jacket or something and cover up. Second, I've known these people for a long time; you let me be the judge of what they can and cannot understand."

"So what is she, Kev?" Adam asked.

Kevin took a deep breath and looked his friend in the eyes. "A fallen angel."

Kevin began to tell the group about what had happened that night at the hospital in Aviano, Italy. To the group's credit, they remained silent as he described the meeting between his deceased family members and the archangel, Gabriel.

He questioned his own judgment when he began to reveal that John Henry Balch, the SEAL medic, who had been part of the team, was actually another angel. A guardian angel that had volunteered to watch over them as they had fought to regain control of the virus that could have destroyed all humanity. Adam's eyes grew large and he gasped in shock as all of this was revealed.

Kevin picked his beer up and took a long pull. After placing it on his leg, he stared at the group one by one to gauge their reactions. "He's also the reason I think Laura's scars are gone and she's starting to grow hair." He turned to his lover. "I, for one, think John did a good job, it's coming in quite nicely now, dear."

Adam sat there, dumbfounded, his mouth hanging open slightly. "I -- I can buy the whole death thing, but a guardian angel keeping up with a SEAL team is a bit much to swallow."

Candrea shifted in her seat as she tried hard not to glare at Kevin. "I tried to tell you it was too much for them."

Kevin reached over and pulled a drawer open on the side table. He retrieved a book containing the recipients of the nation's highest award, along with a small note in it. He tossed it to Adam and smiled. "While we were on our way home from Langley after the Pandora mission, he came to the house and gave Laura that to give to me. Can you explain how he could do that, three weeks AFTER we blew him and Garrett up in a warehouse in Ramsgate?"

Adam opened the book and read the note that John had written, explaining why he had been chosen to help the SEALs. He placed the book on the couch next to him and slowly looked up at Laura. He couldn't deny the small miracles that had happened around them.

He turned to Jim Gordon, who sipped his beer, but remained silent. "How do we beat her?"

Jim shrugged his shoulders as he looked back at Adam. "You're asking the wrong deputy there, Wyatt Earp. As far as I know, we have to keep Kevin alive until Christmas. After that, it's his rodeo."

Adam then turned to Candrea. "Listen, you and I have gotten off on the wrong foot. I know you're here to protect Kevin, but if we can't figure out how to fight this bitch, then what's the use. How about we put our heads together and help each other figure this out?"

Candrea stared at him hard. Franklin had told her not give out too much information and just to keep watch. She didn't know why the Dark One would come after Kevin's mate, but she was sure it would not be the last time. "Atsuko, the Asian female with us, is the only one of us who can read the scroll. She has spoken of three clues that will help the Chosen One defeat her."

Kevin leaned forward and stared at the female lycanthrope. "One of them is the medallion, isn't it?"

"Yes, Kevin, it has to do with something about light and being born again. There is something written on the scroll about light as well. It says, 'Triumph is within the light', but before you ask, I have no idea what that means."

"Does the scroll talk about the third one, or do we have to hunt for the damn thing," Adam asked.

Candrea looked over at Jim as he shook he head not to tell them. Against her better judgment, she continued. "The one who can truly see, holds the future's key."

Adam leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "Three separate clues with no meaning, no reason." He then looked at Kevin who was busy searching the floor with his eyes, trying to come up with an answer himself. "I don't get it Kevin; you have to look at something, or find a key? A key to what?"

"Hell, Boss, I'm still trying to figure out the first two. Light, it keeps talking about light. I guess I have to fight the bitch in the day time, but then why place the date at 12:01 a.m. Christmas Day?" Kevin placed his head in his hands and rubbed his face.

Laura sat quietly as she pondered what the others were discussing. She understood that Nadia wanted Kevin dead so she could get the medallion, but then why the whole scene in the restaurant? Her mind flashed back to what Nadia had done to Franklin; two mere human women were no match for her. Why had she threatened them and then walked away? Why had she left the cane in Bob's car?

The young female turned to the only quiet one in the room, Jim Gordon. "It doesn't make any sense. Why let us live if she's that formidable? You know something, don't you?"

Jim stayed against the wall as he took a drink of his beer. After putting the bottle down, he smiled at the young woman. The image of Franklin chastising him crossed his mind, but was soon replaced by the image of a desolate planet; free from all living things.

He moved forward and knelt down in front of the pondering female. "Well, Missy, if I wanted the posse to come after me on my own terms, I'd pick on the sheriff's girlfriend and force his play. I reckon we'll have to keep tabs on you two as well as Kevin, for the time being."

Kevin stood up and approached the cowboy. "I want you and the council to stop looking after me, and concentrate on the girls. I don't ever want a repeat of today's performance."

Jim looked over at Candrea as she fixed a jacket over her torn clothes. Then back up to Kevin. "If you get dead, because we were watching the girls, Franklin will have our heads hoisted higher than the flag at the Alamo."

Kevin laid his hand on the other werewolf's shoulder. "If I get dead, Doc Holiday; the world, as we know it anyway, will cease to exist. Not much use reprimanding the four of you after that, is there?"

SEAL Team Two briefing room, Little Creek, Virginia.

Adam Dawson and Jack Patrick walked through the heavy wooden door and looked around the large briefing room at the ten men dressed in plain clothes. Some of them wore hooded sweatshirts and shorts while some of the older SEALs choose tan slacks and collared shirts.

Lieutenant Patrick sat down near the front corner, while Adam moved toward the large white board that hung on the wall. The senior SEAL had eleven manila folders tucked under his arm. He turned to his team and studied their faces. Each one appeared emotionless as they waited for the briefing to begin.

Adam tossed the folders on the table and the men began passing them out. "Good morning, gentlemen. I took the liberty of compiling a set of photographs and area layouts of the target's home base."

HM1 Scott Ross was the first to speak up after opening his folder. "Why don't we call him what he is, you know, the President?"

Adam folded his arms across his muscular chest. "From this moment on we will refer to him as the target. I don't want anyone getting jumpy because of who he is; hell it's already creepy enough. In that packet, you will find a copy of the target's itinerary. That is what we have to work with."

Jack turned to the men as they studied the contents. "We will be divided into two teams. I will run Blue team, and Adam here will be in command of Gold. The members of each team will be decided after we train up a bit and see where the best fit is for everyone."

"Okay guys, here's the reality of the situation. It's almost impossible to breech the White House, and even harder to get out if we do. I'm open to suggestions," Adam said as he placed his hands on the table.

Kevin stared at the photo of the roof. "How about a HALO to the roof? It looks like we might be able to get in using the ventilation ducts."

"Extremely low percentage. At least four snipers are stationed there at all times; not to mention about a hundred cameras," Adam replied as he shook his head.

Greg Swanson kept looking at the photo of the front entrance. "We could walk in with one of the tour groups. At least we'd be inside."

"No traces, remember, Chief? They would get our faces on video."

One team member of the elite force was jumping back and forth between two separate photos and the itinerary. As Adam studied the man, he noticed he was paying particular attention to the photo around Liberty Square. "Chris, why do I get the feeling that you already know how to take the target out?"

Construction Electrician First Class Chris Brooks paused for a moment then looked up at the team leader with a smile. "It's almost at the end of the allotted time, but I think the perfect opportunity will be when he does the surprise photo op with the kids touring the IRS building."

Adam shook his head at the thought. "There is no way we are going to put a group of kids in any kind of danger. Simulated or not, I'm not willing to chance it."

Chris chuckled a bit. "We don't have to. The itinerary says -- surprise -- photo op, and there's only one way to do that."

The team leaned back in their chairs as they all kept their eyes locked on the burly SEAL. "My guess is he'll use the escape tunnel that leads from the lower levels of the White House and exits on the ground floor of the IRS building."

Greg leaned forward and studied the photo of the IRS building next to the White House. "And I'm guessing you have a plan for getting to the exit door without being seen?"

"We won't be going anywhere near the IRS building, Chief." Then he turned to Adam who was looking on intently. "With your permission, Sir?"

Adam waved his hand toward his team member. "Don't let me stop you, you're on roll."

"There is one other tunnel that not many people know about. It was designed to infiltrate the White House in case of a hostage situation. In theory, A SEAL hostage rescue team would insert at Liberty Square through one of the manhole covers, enter the tunnel through the sewer system that runs underneath the streets, then retake the compound by killing all the bad guys."

Adam stood up and moved behind Kevin as he listened to the plan. "And you know these tunnels exist, how?"

Chris got a big smile on his face. "I helped dig it and put in the security system."

Kevin Dvorska shook his head as he reached into his pocket. After fumbling past his car keys, he pulled a wadded up twenty out and held it over his shoulder. Adam took the bill and stuffed it in his shirt pocket. Then he turned to Brooks who was still smiling. "Alright Chris, the whiteboard is all yours."

One week later, Fleet Training Center, Dam Neck, Virginia.

Adam pulled the keys out of the ignition and stepped out into the soft drizzle that was coming down. Even though the training base was secure and off the beaten path, he searched the area outside the two-story cement building. During the last week, there had been no sign of Nadia, but he knew not to take her for granted.

Stuffing his keys in his pocket, he walked the short distance from the parking lot to the double glass doors. Stepping through the first set, he shook the moisture off his powerful arms and reached over to the key pad access controller and entered the eight digit code. A low buzz could be heard and he pulled the frosted glass door open.

As he walked toward his office, he passed the door to the team's conference room. When he heard voices behind the slightly open door, he stopped and eased it open. As more of the room came into view, he saw Kevin Dvorska and Zack Miller at the end of the long table. They both had soldering wands as they worked on some kind of electrical components.

Without looking up, Kevin acknowledged his presence. "Hey, Adam, just because you're in charge doesn't mean you get to come in late all the time."

Adam looked around the room and saw a collection of old microwave ovens, transistor radios, and other electrical devices scattered around the room. The proven Team Leader walked over to another table along the wall and noticed a large plastic bag containing torn open packages of toy handguns. "Somebody want to explain all this junk you have in here?"