The Chronicles of Mark and Jennifer Ch. 03

Story Info
After the date.
2.5k words
4.69
20.1k
15

Part 3 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/03/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Monica's story

It was a bit after 9:00 when Jennifer got back to the dorm, and Rachel was sitting in my dorm room with me.

"OK, dish!" Rachel said, as soon as Jennifer opened the door; she wasn't even all the way in the room yet. "You've got to tell us, how was your date?!" At that point, I wasn't sure that Rachel was more than 14, but heck, I wanted to know, too.

"It was nice . . . ." Jennifer kind of left that hanging out there, like she wanted to say more, but didn't have the words. "Let me give you back your clothes." Jennifer had crap for clothes, and she was wearing Rachel's shirt and jeans and sandals.

"Don't worry about that now. Heck, you can keep them, 'cause I've got tons of clothes. You've got to tell us about Mark."

"Oh, gosh, I hardly know how. It was like floating on a cloud, he was so nice and sweet to me. I mean, mostly we just talked, and then, after dinner, we went for a walk on campus, and sat down on the fountain and . . . ."

"And?"

"Well, he kissed me, and I guess I was kind of kissing him back."

"Kind of?" I asked.

"Well, you know, I guess I really was kissing him back, it's just that I just don't know what I'm doing."

"So, are you going to see him again?"

"Yeah, I am. I want to, and I think that he does, too."

That was enough for Rachel. "OK, girl, we are going shopping! You really are cute, but we've got to get some new clothes for you."

"Rachel, I don't have a lot of money, and I can't be splurging on clothes. And my dad will be picking me up tomorrow afternoon, to take me home for the weekend."

"OK, then after you get back. Do you have anything other than those long skirts you wear?" Rachel wasn't being too terribly considerate of Jennifer's feelings at this point.

"I've got a couple of pairs of jeans. I wear jeans when I'm doing my chores on the farm."

"Let's see 'em." With that, Jennifer got out a pair of old Wranglers, hardly the most stylish jeans around. "Are you seeing Mark tomorrow morning?"

"He said that he'd see me, but didn't set any time. We both have class in the Classroom building at the same time, so maybe he meant there."

"OK, good. You're wearing your jeans, and not one of your skirts. And wear the sandals; they look good on you. How about a shirt? Maybe a t-shirt to mix it up?"

"I've got a couple."

I had to step in here. "Rachel, are you sure that you weren't a drill sergeant in a past life?"

"Yes, yes I was," she lied, "and a damned tough one!"

And then, in bopped Alice, with three Polaroids in her hand. She'd been waiting downstairs, and caught two pictures of Mark meeting Jennifer in the lobby before the date, and one of their goodbye kiss at the end. Rachel and I just squealed like 14 year old girls over those, and Alice said that everyone on the floor liked them. Naturally, Jennifer turned Kentucky state bird Cardinal red at this, but she smiled when Alice said that she could keep them.

"Oh, no, you don't," I said, and I snatched them out of Jennifer's hands. "These are going on the wall, where everyone can see them!"

"No, Monica, I can't! What if my family sees them?"

"Jennifer, your father can't come up here, no men allowed," I pointed out. "And your mother, well she'd probably like them."

"Mom wouldn't react quite as harshly as my dad, but she'd tell him about them, and that would be worse than him seeing them.

"Don't they expect you to get married some day? How can you get married if you never have a date?"

"Monica, just don't! I know that you like to push, but just don't, not where my family is concerned."

OK, well that was enough to shut me up, at least on that subject. Clearly, I'd gone as far as I could on that subject, and it was time for me to back off. But, naturally, Rachel just had to jump in!

"What about birth control?"

"What?" Jennifer looked genuinely shocked.

"Hey, you like this guy, and he likes you. You do know what men and women do together, don't you?"

"Of course I do." Jennifer was cardinal red again. "I grew up on a farm, you know."

"Well, if you keep dating Mark, pretty soon one of you is going to want to fuck."

"Rachel!"

"Look, all I'm saying is that this is all new to you, and you are both going to have 'urges.' This subject is going to come up between you, and maybe you ought to think about being ready for it when it does."

Jennifer looked absolutely stunned, as though this thought had never occurred to her. "Mark never made the first move to try to push sex on me."

"Jennifer, it was a first date, and if he knows you from high school, then he knows that trying something like that with you would mean no second date. Look, we're going clothes shopping Monday when you get back, and maybe you'll want to talk about it then. You could get pills almost for free from the clinic. If you were on the pill, and still nothing happened, then you couldn't get in trouble, and if something does happen, you still won't be in trouble."

Jennifer's story

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I had a wonderful date with Mark, he was so nice and so sweet, and my first kiss was everything any girl could ever dream about. Then, when I got back, my friends were all excited for me, and they even want to take me shopping for some better date clothes.

Then Rachel started talking about birth control. What a downer. Mark was so nice to me, and never made any sort of move that made me doubt that he was treating me with Christian respect, and then Rachel just threw that in there. I mean, I suppose that I could go on the pill, just in case, but, dear Lord! what if my father ever found out?

I gathered up my shower stuff and headed for the floor bathroom. It was early, so I had the bathroom to myself when I got there, which was a relief. My hair still looked pretty good, but I washed it anyway, and I still had Monica's cream rinse with my stuff, so I used that, too. Maybe I shouldn't have, because my dad will be picking me up this evening for a weekend at home, and he might notice. Everybody said that my hair looked good up in a ponytail, and I guess that's how I'll wear my hair today, since Mark seemed to like it, but I'll have to take it out before dad gets here.

Oh, my gosh, I still had the clear nail polish on, and I don't have any nail polish remover. I'll have to take care of that, too, before I go home.

When I got back to my dorm room, Monica was already gone. I brushed out my hair, and it did look pretty good. That cream rinse really did help. I put it up in a ponytail again. Rachel and Monica said that I should wear my own jeans today, the Wranglers, instead of a skirt, and I figured that sure, it would be a nice change, and Mark liked me in the stylish ones Rachel loaned me - gave me, actually - for the date. The Wranglers aren't quite as nice, but the girls all say that they'll look better than my skirts.

I got my clothes out, and then I did something I've never done before. Since Monica wasn't in the room, I took off my robe and looked at myself, naked, in the full-length mirror. Oh, my God, is Mark thinking about seeing me like this, looking at me like this? I wanted to hurry up and get dressed, I was so embarrassed, but I forced myself to keep looking.

Oh, my God, oh, my God, this is scary. I don't guess that my figure is too bad, a little flat chested maybe, but Rachel was right: I was so happy with Mark last night that if he had pushed me for intercourse, I just might have done it. Was Mark really that considerate, or was that just a game he was playing, a seduction game? Oh, Lord, I couldn't keep standing here, I had to get dressed!

I grabbed my underwear out of the drawer, and pulled my panties on quickly. They were plain white cotton, nothing like the cute bikini panties the other girls had. I started to put on my bra, and then hesitated: half of the girls on campus go braless, and my breasts are small . . . .

I left my bra on the bed, and pulled on the t-shirt I was going to wear today; I had to see what I looked like braless. I pulled on the Wranglers, and went back to the mirror. My t-shirt was dark green, with a Future Farmers of America logo on it, and it wasn't see-through or tight at all. Front view, side view, it wasn't apparent, it wasn't obvious, that I wasn't wearing a bra. Actually, I thought that I looked pretty good. My bras weren't flattering at all, and I really didn't need them for support, but I sure did for modesty, and a Christian girl is always modest.

No, I couldn't do this. I pulled off my t-shirt and put my bra on. I put the t-shirt back on, and I felt . . . well, I wasn't sure how I felt. I didn't think I looked any different with the bra on, and part of me really wanted to take the bra back off. Would anybody actually notice? Would Mark notice? Oh, my God, if he put his arm around me, he'd be able to feel that I didn't have a bra on, and what would he think of me? I am a good, Christian girl!

Only prayer would calm my soul now, so I got down on my knees and I began to pray to the Lord for guidance. But prayer didn't come easily, I was so mixed up and confused. I would just have to trust that the Lord would help me through this day. I began to think of Mark again, and I resolved: I was going to go braless, just to see how I felt about it. I started to pull my t-shirt back off again, and . . . .

Ring! The telephone. "Hello?"

"Hi, Jen, it's Mark. If you haven't already had breakfast, would you like to grab a bite at the Student Center cafeteria?"

"Oh, hi, sure, I could do that. Where are you?"

"Well, to tell the truth, I stopped in your dorm lobby. I'm right downstairs, if you happen to be ready."

"Oh, yes, right. I was just getting ready to go down to breakfast anyway. I'll be down in a minute." The Lord did help me: He timed Mark's call just so I wouldn't go out braless! That was a real relief.

It was also a bit of a disappointment, I thought, as I was going down the stairs, but when I saw Mark's smile when I got to the lobby, all disappointment vanished. He greeted me with a kiss, a quick, soft kiss, not too showy, not publicly embarrassing, but kind, loving and respectful.

Oh, my God, loving? Was I actually falling in love with Mark Stewart after just one, single date? I had to calm down, to compose myself.

"Hi, Jen, it's great to see you this morning!" No one had ever called me 'Jen' before. It sounded so, so intimate, so different from everyone else who always called me Jennifer. He took my hand as we walked out of Blazer Hall and toward the Student Center. It is only a four minute walk, but it was really nice. Mark was tall and he seemed better looking than I really ever used to notice about him. He didn't have the clumsy look now that he had in high school, and his hair was shorter than most of the guys on campus. It seemed that most of the guys wanted a longer-haired hippie look, but Mark wore his hair short. At UK, that made him a bit distinctive. Oh, gosh, I started to realize that I felt proud to be walking with him and holding his hand.

It was a different feeling than last night. Last night, walking with Mark, after dark, was sweet and romantic. Out in broad daylight, it was nice, but in a way I felt like I was showing off my boyfriend.

My boyfriend! I never had a boyfriend before, and it was exhilarating, it was exciting, and it was just plain different than I had ever felt before.

"Mark, I've got to tell you, my parents are coming to pick me up this evening after class. I've got to go home for the weekend." By now we were standing in line, holding the ugly yellow fiberglass trays, and getting bacon and eggs and toast at the Cafeteria. My dorm meal card worked here, but Mark had to pay cash, a whopping $1.57!

"Would you like me to meet your parents?" Mark asked.

"Oh, no, not yet! My dad would lock me away in a closet if he found out that I had a boyfriend." I just realized that I called Mark my boyfriend, when he really hadn't said anything about dating steadily or anything like that, but then felt a sigh of relief; he hadn't balked or had a whoa-too-fast look or anything like that at the title.

"They'll have to find out sometime, Jen." There he was, calling me 'Jen' again. I just loved that! We sat down at a table for four, but not across from each other, closer, at the corner. I did something I almost always do, but had omitted at dinner last night; I thanked God for the food we were about to receive. Mark didn't join in, but was very respectful, and didn't start eating until I was done.

"I know that they will, and I'll want to introduce you to them, but I have to figure out how to do this. I know that I'll have to talk to my mom first."

"Of course, I absolutely understand." Mark took my left hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, and kept holding it; he was left-handed, so he didn't need to let go of my hand to eat his breakfast.

The rest of breakfast, and then the walk to class was uneventful, but I felt amazingly happy. Another quick kiss at the door to my class, and then he was off. I was sure of it now: I was falling in love.