The Circle Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But you said you have your own money?"

"I got George to give me $5,000 as a wedding present instead of a flashy ring, although he did that too. I'll give him back the ring ... and the $5,000. I invested the five-grand in penny stocks of companies that I know or learned about. In the two years we've been married I've turned that into half-a-million."

"I want you to tell me what you're investing in," Alice said with both enthusiasm and sincerity.

Marlene laughed, "Only relatively local companies; ones I can drive to. I end up investing in about one out of ten I visit. The good ones have a sharp product niche, are getting good placement on retail shelves or in the market, understand the economics of their business model, and have a sharp management team."

"Matt did say that you were very smart."

"I didn't go to college. I couldn't afford it. I took a few courses at a local community college, but then ran out of money. My dad is long gone, and my mother was an alcoholic until she died about five years ago. I had a tough life. I also did some things I don't like to share."

"I'm sorry. I guess time wounds all heels, to turn the old adage around. Say, is there anything I can help you with?"

"No. I didn't mean to impose on your time." She gestured to Alice's workstation on the counter.

"Oh, no. It's OK. I'll finish, and probably do a better job at it tomorrow morning. I like the vibes you give off; don't go." Alice sauntered over and closed the laptop, and piled up her notes and sketches.

Marlene said, "Thank you. You said you live with Matt. I didn't realize he had a girlfriend, and since you know about the party, apparently a pretty open-minded one too."

Alice realized that Marlene didn't understand her when she'd used the term 'family.' She explained, "Matt and I, and Jim too, all live together with a dozen others. We're an intentional family."

Marlene's eyes got larger, "Intentional family?"

"We started with four women, including me, and three men, including Matt and Jim. Since then more people have joined us – men and women. A few others don't live with us, but are part of our family – or almost in a couple of recent cases."

"Are you're all ... intimate?"

"The guys aren't into each other, but everything else goes every which way all the time. We're a lusty bunch," Alice confided.

"What's the glue that holds you all together?"

"Good question. We love one another, for sure, and we like each other's company. We also have a penchant for public group sex, although that varies across the individuals in the group – our exhibitionism and voyeurism. We like diversity, especially in our ages. We have people in our circle from twenty-two to fifty-two, and as you'll see one oriental, one Hispanic, and one beautiful chocolate. The rest of us are lily white."

"Do you all work?"

"We do now. We just had a graduation party for our three youngest who just finished college a month ago. We have bankers, an investment analyst, engineers, sales associates, land developers, a newly minted real estate agent, several computer jocks – I'm one of them, and a biochemist – that's Matt."

"Are you coupled up but swap?"

"No, not at all. We intentionally keep mixing it up with each other. Three of us are pregnant too, so lots will change in the near future. We're planning a large addition to this house, but haven't even got a design yet. There's been a little talk about adding a couple more people sympathetic to our lifestyle."

"Don't you get jealous of each other?"

"Nope. That's one of the requirements. You have to have gotten over monogamy, and see the other options as just as viable. You have to shun exclusivity in favor of diversity. You have to savor compersion – feeling good when you see someone you love happily involved with someone else."

"Is that why you're so laid back about Matt having made love to me?" Marlene cautiously asked.

"Exactly. He had fun and truly enjoyed being with you, so much that he shared some of the details about the party and you. Don't be embarrassed; it's what we do with each other. He said he met you through Sandy Ross."

"I was given her name by a person who came to your graduation party, Mindy Falkner. Anyway, I contacted Sandy and described the kind of party my husband wanted; thus, the sexual ending to the party. In some ways it was the final straw. That's sort of what I wanted to talk to Matt about. I'm wondering what I should do with my life now."

"Your husband doesn't care?" Alice asked.

"Not one little bit. I thought he'd get over the fascination with my looks, and start to enjoy the rest of me – my personality, intellect, and psyche. Instead, I find out he's about as shallow as a sidewalk puddle, and doesn't give a shit about anybody other than himself. He won't miss me for a second, especially now that he's bonking some new bimbo."

"You are gorgeous. Matt will want to photograph you."

"How's that?"

"Matt is a really good photographer. It's his hobby. Look into the family room; see the montage of photos on the wall? They're his."

Marlene peered into the adjacent room, "They're nudes."

"Each one of the women in our circle is up there in some way."

"Oh, wow! They're ... they're so sexy and erotic without being crude."

Alice laughed, "Oh, we can do crude too – and highly erotic, but they're not in the public rooms. There's a beautiful shot of my vagina over his bed ... It's ... well, I have a cream pie – his, of course."

Marlene laughed, "My kind of photographer."

The front door opened and Tracy came in dragging her roll-on suitcase. She said to no one in particular, "Home at last. Home at last."

Alice said in a raised voice so she'd hear her, "You sound like Martin Luther King."

Tracy appeared and nodded to Marlene. "My third week on the job, and I spend five consecutive nights away 'doing' the west coast."

Alice teased, "Did you sleep with Doug yet?"

"No. I was so tired from getting up in the dark and then catching airplanes, I couldn't stay awake after dinner. He's used to this traveling shit. He tells me I'll get used to it too." She walked to Marlene. "Hi, I'm Tracy."

"Marlene. Nice to meet you. You must be one of the grads." Tracy's youth was hard to ignore. The pair shook hands.

"I am, and three weeks into a new job. I thought school was tough, but I don't want to see another airplane for at least a week. I'm having 'real world' shock."

Alice said, "Don't you have to consolidate your gains in the office once in a while?"

Tracy gave a mock swoon, "Yes. Monday through Wednesday, and then we travel again on Thursday and Friday."

Alice said, "Marlene is the woman who hosted the party Matt went to last week."

"Oh, you'rethat Marlene. Matt really liked you, and you're so pretty. No wonder he hoped you'd stay in touch."

Marlene looked surprised, "He did?"

Tracy amplified her comment, "Yes. He said the two of you were vibrating spiritually to the same beat. I'm not trying to go all-weird on you. Other people might just call it great chemistry. Anyway, he wanted to see you again, but didn't want to initiate anything because you're married."

"Soon not to be. That's what I wanted to talk to him about. He seemed so smart and so level headed. I need outside opinions. Now, after talking to Alice, I'm beginning to think I should be talking to her ... and you ... and Matt."

Alice gestured, "Everyone who lives here will help you. We have a knack for caring about other people. Our ability to love and care for others is boundless. We don't draw arbitrary boundaries around ourselves in that regard."

Tracy said, "When we meet someone, we always start with a premise of love – that we will end up loving that person in mind, body, and spirit. I try to see each person I meet as new member of our family and a lover."

Marlene nodded, "I think I came to the right place. I wish I'd found you three years ago."

A few others arrived home and checked in with Alice and Tracy, sharing kisses with them.

Marlene watched carefully. "Is this a regular thing – the welcome home kisses?"

"Every day. If someone misses, the whole day seems a little off. We say goodbye in the morning the same way. If you start your day feeling loved and appreciated, there's little the world can throw at you that you can't cope with. You know you always have a loving home to come back to."

About five-forty-five Matt came through the door. He saw Marlene, but kissed Sheila, Zoey, Tracy, and Alice, and gave a manly hug to Alex and Bob in the living room.

"Marlene, how nice to see you. What a surprise?"

"I'd like a kiss too."

"Why certainly." Matt moved to where she sat, and gave her a long sultry kiss with just a trace of tongue. When they parted he kept an arm around her shoulders as he turned to face the others with her.

Marlene explained, "Oh, God. You kiss divinely. I came to talk to you, but Alice and Tracy have been giving me a whole education about things I never dreamed about – mostly about how you live."

He said to her, "Anything you need to hit me with first, or can you stay for dinner? It's my turn to do a salad; you could stay and be my moral support while I shred lettuce and dice tomatoes."

"Stay, thank you. I like Alice and Tracy, and I guess it's OK that they hear. Some they know because we've been talking. Anyway, I'm leaving George. I can share the details, but we were fundamentally never together. I'm not what he thought he married. So I'm making a pile of problems for myself. I need a job – he didn't want me to work. I need a new place to live – I can't stand being with him a second longer. I think I need a personality makeover so I don't end up like one of those bitter divorcées who hate men. Lastly, and here's where I'm asking you for help, I need a shoulder to cry on. I don't have any real friends around this area."

As Marlene talked Matt had put on an apron, and got a large number of ingredients for a salad from one of the side-by-side refrigerators. He set up on the counter in front of her. Alice gathered her papers and computer, and set them aside.

Matt looked surprised. "Why no friends? I thought you had dozens of them around you at the party."

"Acquaintances. They're from the country club that George idolizes. The women are mostly wives of his buddies, like the little bimbo he's probably off bonking as we speak. I tried to fit in and get buddy-buddy with them, but I'm not part of that set. They see me as what George 'bought,' a trophy wife. I don't want to be that either."

Matt saw Alice smile and nod at Marlene. Tracy too. He came and hugged Marlene, "Well, you've got a new friend, and actually a new group of friends if you hang out here. I'm flattered and glad to help."

Marlene looked sheepishly at the two women, but turned back to Matt. She said in a low voice, "I'm hoping you and I ... could be physical too. As planned and orchestrated as our time was at the party, I ended up feeling very warm about you. I'm not normally needy, but I am right now."

Matt hugged her and kissed her forehead. "That can be arranged too."

Alice said, "Matt, I'll finish the salad. Why don't you and Marlene go off to your room? We won't expect either of you back here for an hour or so."

Matt shed the apron. "Thanks. I'll owe you."

He led Marlene across the living room to the stairs, and up to a tastefully decorated bedroom. He shut the door, and turned to her. "Talk or make love?"

Marlene threw herself into his arms. "Make love and then talk. She started to unbutton his shirt."

Soon, the two of them were on the large bed in the room, giving themselves to one another. Marlene exploded in orgasm almost as soon as they lay down; when Matt simply touched her breasts with his mouth and fingered her dripping slit. Their lovemaking went on from there.

When Matt and Marlene came downstairs, they ran into Alice again. She smiled and asked, "Have a good time?"

Marlene blushed, "Yes. Are you always so open with each other? The question I mean; it's sort of embarrassing as I reappear after obviously fucking upstairs."

Alice captured Marlene, put an arm around her, and led her into the living room. "Yes, we are. We often make love in public, and don't blush about it because it's so natural. Our inquiries to each other are sincere and go beyond small talk. I genuinely hope that you and Matt had a rewarding time together and that some of your needs got met – physical and emotional."

Marlene nodded and said in a small voice, "They did, but I can be insatiable."

Alice laughed, "You came to the right place. We're all that way."

"Really? So, if I still needed physical attention ...?"

A male voice from behind her said, "I'd take you back upstairs, and give you that attention. Will you come with me now?"

Marlene turned, and Jim stood there. She'd been romanced by him a little at the party, but then lost touch with him. He put his arms around her and kissed her. "I missed you at your party. I wanted to be with you, but didn't get a chance. If you are 'insatiable' would you allow me to help you fill that void.

She nodded shyly, and let him take her hand and lead her upstairs. This was an experiment for her, she thought. Could I really like this lifestyle? Am I really going to let two men make love to me only moments apart, and in a public way? I'm such a slut - again.

The sun was setting on a warm day when Jim and Marlene came back downstairs. Many of the others were already eating at a large dining table. Marlene again blushed scarlet, but everyone ignored the obvious this time, and only nodded in their direction. Alice looked up from her meal and winked at her.

Matt appeared and joined the pair, leading them to the dining room. He said, "I saved us all some dinners. I thought I'd wait and join you."

She nodded in appreciation.

Matt and Jim left her for a moment and went into the kitchen, returning a moment later with glasses of wine, a salad, and some pasta salad for her. They got their own plates and sat at the end of the long table with her. Marlene was still blushing.

"Don't blush, Marlene," Jim said. "Making love is as natural as breathing, at least all of us think so. Also, Matt and I have often made love to the same woman, but usually at the same time. A threesome is not at all unusual around here."

"I like you both," she said. "I like your house and lifestyle. This is comfortable ... or would be after I got used to the open sex."

Alice slid into a chair beside Jim. 'Then why don't you stay with us for a little while? You said you needed a place to stay, and I would be glad to have you as a roommate."

"But aren't all your beds and rooms occupied?"

"Sort of," Alice grinned. "There's a bed for everyone, often in someone else's bedroom. That said, some of them are empty every night."

Marlene filled in, "Because you sleep with someone else?"

"Exactly. In fact, last night I slept with Matt. We made love a couple of times too. He's very romantic, not that Jim isn't too." She poked at Jim to tease him.

"I'd love to stay. I didn't expect to when I came over here. Thank you. I promise I won't be a burden. I'm neat too, so I won't leave a mess, and I'll do my share of chores around the house."

"Great. It's settled. Do you want some help bringing any of your clothes over? It sounds like you're going to vacate your house."

"I am, and yes, after I finish dinner, I'd love to make just one trip so I have some things for the next few days."

Alex slid in beside Alice. "Alice told us you needed a job. What do you do?"

"I was going to be an English major in college, but barely got started. I worked as a secretary for a now defunct magazine for five years, and then did some freelance editing for another five until George caught up with me."

Alice chimed in, "She's also made a small fortune in the past two years investing in penny stocks. She had a great strategy, and is getting great returns."

Alex slid away again with his cellphone in his hand.

He came back a few minutes later. "If you want, next Monday you can start as my secretary and assistant. I'm a partner at Maxwell Investments. I'll also work with you on investing in penny stocks. That area has been my blind spot, and I always knew there were millions to be made there. The pay won't be great to start, but after a ninety-day probation period it'll bump up five-grand if you're doing well and fitting in. I think it starts at thirty-thousand, but you'll have to go through human resources to get all of that."

Marlene's jaw dropped open. "You're kidding, right?"

Alex shook his head. "No. My secretary left today for maternity leave of indefinite length. I've been listening to you, and I like working with people in The Circle or friends of The Circle. I'm an easy boss, but I can be demanding when things get tight in the market."

"Oh, I'll do it. Thank you so much. Oh, God. I come here to find a friend, and I find lots of friends, a new place to live, a job, and I get some romance." She was a little choked up about it all.

Alex laughed, "It's not required on the job, but I feel a vibe with you as the others do. I hope sometime we can join."

Marlene looked at him with tears in her eyes and nodded enthusiastically.

Matt cleared the dishes as they were talking. As he came back, he said to Alex, "Shall we take Marlene to her old house to get some of her things?"

"Yeah, that'd be fun. Let's do it."

12