The City

Story Info
Two rival historians investigate a demon haunted city.
15.6k words
4.61
48.6k
71

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 12/06/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nova2469
nova2469
471 Followers

Author's Note -- If you're a Coven fan then don't worry Laura and friends will be back soon just wanted to get another story started too.

Chapter 1 -- The Map

Jess gasped in excitement, her whole body shaking with the physical excitement. She'd finally done it, years of loneliness and failure were now behind her. No longer would people make jokes about her, tease her or call her a silly, little girl. Finally she felt like a woman.

"QUIET!" The stern and ageing librarian shouted at her from across the stacked bookshelves.

Jess shook her head, still smiling, she wasn't going to let some silly old bat ruin her moment of triumph. She'd finally found Francis Cuthenburt's map! Every other historian had claimed the map was a myth but Jess had known otherwise. They might think it had been invented by Victorian storytellers to add a little flavour to their tales but she'd found reference to it in the much earlier works of Father Victor Fileni when she'd been studying for her doctorate. Fileni was a source trusted by few historians but she'd never found him to let her down and so that had been enough to convince her the map was real. However her tutors were the first to laugh at her when she suggested so in her thesis. It had almost got her kicked out of the university, with one professor suggesting she may as well have written about the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot. It had been a massive blow and she'd been devastated, in tears for days with the thought of her long dreamed of career vanishing before her eyes. Yet she'd never been one to back down when others told her she was wrong so she'd carried on. Thankfully her unparalleled knowledge of pre-Roman Britain meant she did, in the end, get her PhD even if half of her teachers didn't think it was fully deserved.

However that had only been the start of the ridicule. She understood why the map seemed so ridiculous to other scholars. It was claimed the map showed the path to an ancient and lost underground city that had existed at the height of the Iron Age. The city was home to a mighty and powerful Pictish tribe that numbered in the hundreds of thousands and who had amazing technologies and even magically powers. The story went that in the early 1800's gentleman adventurer Cuthenburt had discovered this city hidden in the wilds of Scotland along with it's supposed treasures and mysteries.

This idea was clearly anathema to most historians. The pre-Roman tribes of Britain never built cities, let alone underground ones. And any mention of treasure or magic was usually the first clue that such stories were total nonsense. Their argument was further backed up by there being no actual evidence the map was ever drawn and only scant references, outside of the tabloid tales written half a century later, that Cuthenburt was even a real person.

Yet Jess had persisted. Fileni was merely the first reference to the map or the city from sources much more reliable than Cuthenburt. She'd published a series of articles arguing the map and the city were real but each time was met with howls of laughter and scorn. She had soon been fired from her job at a heritage society and found it increasingly hard to find work as by then she'd been clearly labelled as a crackpot. But Jess was sure she was right, she knew it didn't fit into history's picture of the era but just dismissing all the evidence out of hand was just bad science.

So relegated to working in a museum running tours for stupid tourists she continued her work in the evenings and at weekends. Slowly amassing all the clues she could until finally a few weeks before she'd become sure that the map was hidden in the library she was now in -- the library at the British Museum no less. The map had been stuffed in a large collection of similar documents and never properly analysed. Due to her reputation it had taken some time and the calling in of a few favours before she could get access but she eventually was allowed and once inside it had taken her only a few minutes to find the legendary map.

Breathing slowly and running a hand through her shoulder length, silky red hair to calm herself down she started to examine the map properly. She'd expected the map to be roughly drawn but was in fact exquisitely decorated. The main portion of the map showed a detailed route from the town of Lairg, a path that seemed to ran for miles through the highlands. At one side it showed the fabled city itself. The city wasn't mapped in detail but certain key features had been sketched out and it was here the artist had really put the work in. In one section of the city was drawn a beautiful red haired, Celtic women who the map indicated stood guard over the city. Most of the city however seemed to be populated with a host of bizarre monsters, each more alien than last. Looking more closely Jess noticed that one of the tentacled beasts near the entrance hadn't been drawn alone. In fact it's slimy appendages were wrapped around a beautiful and naked blonde girl. And not just wrapped around the girl but fucking her -- Jess could clearly see tentacles pushed up her pussy and arse.

Jess immediately felt her pretty, freckled face go bright red. This had not what she'd expected to find on the map. She looked around to make sure that no one could see her staring at such pornographic images. Sure they could not she turned her attention back to the old map, even more intrigued by it than she had been moments before. Further examination revealed two more such scenes on the large map. In the first a dark haired women was being what could only be described as gang-banged by a group of Pictish warriors, drawn as if it were still the 2nd century BC. In the final scene a cute blonde was being fucked by a giant, tentacled slug like monster. It then dawned on Jess who these women were, in some versions of the story Cuthenburt had been accompanied by a trio of sisters, daughters of a local aristocrat who had a keen interest in history, but they had never returned with him. Sometimes it was said that had been why the map was lost, Cuthenburt had retired in scandal and fled the country as the aristocrat declared revenge for murder of his daughters with all of Cuthenburt's work destroyed or hidden.

Jess had never been so sure about that part of the tale but the map now suggested the sisters had been there with Cuthenburt after all. Though she had to admit it seemed unlikely the cause of their vanishing was at the hands of monsters. She thought perhaps these monsters were a feeble attempt at an excuse of Cuthenburt's? Maybe he had murdered them after all? That idea upset Jess a little as she'd long admired Cuthenburt and the way their quests for the city had been the same. Yet the idea the map was a cover up of murder didn't really make sense either as it was very clear the women were very much enjoying themselves with the disgusting creatures and that seemed a very odd way to explain their fate to a worried father! Maybe they were more metaphorical? An example of the dangers of an ancient ruined city and the artist just got a little carried away but showing such sexual pleasure was still odd and more than a little distracting. In fact Jess's attention just kept returning to them.

In fact as she continued to stare at the images of the girls coupling with the monsters Jess began to feel herself get excited and not for academic reasons. Not that it took much these days, her obsession with the mystery of the map meant she'd never really had time for a boyfriend and if she was honest to herself wasn't that bothered about sex, it has always been so disappointing she'd found, but that didn't mean she didn't get frustrated. So whilst her fingers would give her a much needed daily climax she had recently been finding even little things getting her going again. She decided if her search for the map went well she'd better find a boyfriend but honestly had no idea where to start. So in the meantime her self inflicted orgasms were becoming much more regular to the extent that some days only an hour or two would pass between her climaxes. She'd even find herself longing to make herself cum at work or out about town so she'd become quite the expert at surreptitious masturbation -- having a go in an empty library would be no challenge.

So still staring at the drawings of the women and the monsters coupling she uncrossed her booted feet and parted her legs slightly. A quick look around confirmed again that no one else was in the huge library except the librarian who was far on the other side of the many stacks of books. So Jess dropped her hand to her bare knee, gently caressing the soft flesh at the bottom of her thigh, before pulling up the hem of her short, denim skirt to reveal her black panties, a wet patch already visible. Meanwhile she let her other hand un-clip a couple of buttons on the front of her green shirt before sliding it inside to grasp at her firm breast. Smiling as she felt her nipples go hard under her lacy black bra.

Jess then slipped the hand between her legs under the fabric of her panties, through the trimmed red hair and to her wet opening. Imaging she was her at the mercy of the gang of muscled Pictish warriors she pushed two fingers into herself, her thumb rubbing at her clit.

She slowly started pushing her fingers in and out of herself, her other hand still rubbing at her nipples through her bra. At first she concentrated on the warriors. She'd only ever had the most vanilla sexual experiences and she found the thought of being with so many men, of them taking her in her pussy, in her arse, in all three holes, was deeply arousing.

Jess was panting, her panties sodden with juices when she turned her attention to the tentacled monsters. She'd never been a fan of horror movies and had never really imagined creatures like the ones on the map, let alone thinking of them in a sexual way. But now staring at the way the women seemed to be in a state of orgasmic bliss she wanted it to be her fucking the monsters. She thought about tentacles wrapping around her naked body, of penetrating her tight holes, of fucking her for hours on end.

She knew what she was thinking was disgusting and she'd be terrified if it ever happened in real life but as a fantasy it was amazing. Being the sexual plaything of a hideous monster was driving her wild, of being raped by it day and night for weeks on end, of being passed between each of the creatures on the map, each screwing her endlessly, of even becoming the mother to their gross monster children. Jess was pushing herself to a sexual peak she hadn't felt in a long time. Each plunge into her pussy was heaven, each squeeze of her nipple sent electricity through her body, her orgasm was so very close.

"Urgghhhh!" She quietly groaned as finally came, her pussy spasming around her fingers, her whole body shaking, the last thoughts of tentacles in her cunt and anus slipping away.

As the excitement subsided it was replaced by a little shame. She couldn't believe what she been imagining as she came. Clearly finding the map had got her a little over-excited. So she hurriedly buttoned her shirt back up, brushed her skirt back into place and stood up -- hoping no one would notice the wet patch left on the chair.

Jess then picked up the old, brown map and rolled it up. What she was about to do she knew was wrong but had long decided it was what she had to do. If she just presented the map everyone would just declare it a fake, she had to find the city itself and the only way to do that was with the map. So without even looking at the librarian she confidently strode out of the library. A big smile on her face -- her long search was almost over and she'd just given herself the best orgasm in months.

****************

Jess was getting tired. She been walking since dawn and it was now well into the afternoon but she wasn't about to give up, she had to find the city. She'd left Lairg early that morning after a hectic few weeks preparing for the expedition. She'd ensured she had everything she might need and felt equipped well enough for a trek in the Himalayas so the Scottish Highlands shouldn't be a challenge. It might have been over preparation but she was desperate to ensure nothing went wrong and that the map led her to the city. So she carried a backpack full of climbing gear, food, water, navigational tools and camping equipment. Even if it took her a week to find the city she was confident she could do it.

She'd also spent a lot of time checking all the historical sources and facts she'd discovered about the city. If she'd been an expert before she was now sure she was the most knowledgeable person alive. More than a few hours had been spent studying the map too. Most of the time to ensure even if she lost the old document she'd still be able to find her way but more than a few times she'd found herself staring at the monstrous illustrations again and her fingers slipping into her pussy. In the last few days it had got to the point that she'd found she didn't want to masturbate thinking about anything else. She put it down to excitement about the trip and not a sudden preference change from men to tentacled creatures from Hell.

As she trudged over the rocky field her thoughts kept returning to the map and what the drawings might mean. As she had been in the library she was sure the monsters were metaphorical but a little part of her strangely hoped not. As then not only would she be the discovery of the most incredible pre-Roman city but also of a half dozen mythological monsters. A Nobel prize would surely only be the start. She studiously tried not to think about what might happen to her if the drawings were real, as despite her fantasies the idea of being fucked by some monster was not the top of her to do list. Yet even now thinking on the incredible knowledge discovering such creatures would unveil a little part of her couldn't help but notice the warmth in her pussy and a stiffness in her nipples under her pink panties and bra.

Ignoring those feelings she sat down on a nearby large boulder and pulled out both the old map to the city and a modern map of the area. Before she'd left she'd plotted one on to the other as best she could but as she travelled and found landmarks that matched Cuthenburt's map she had to make occasional corrections. She wiped a little sweat off her brow as she began working on the latest changes. The weather was unseasonably warm for late spring in northern Scotland, so hot that Jess had considered delaying the start of the trip. But she was too keen to get to the city and so set out anyway, even if now in the mid-afternoon heat she was beginning to regret it. She was grateful she was at least dressed for the weather in a short denim skirt and small white top which zipped up the front and left her arms and midriff bare. The only allowance for the rough terrain being a pair of sturdy yet still fashionable knee high boots.

The heat was quickly forgotten however as she studied the maps, she thought she was getting close to the location to the city but was now sure. In fact if her calculations were correct the outskirts should be just over the next rise.

Feeling like a kid at Christmas she jumped to her feet and stuffed the maps back into her pack. Hurrying she scrambled up the grassy bank to stand on to the top of the rise. She stopped half expecting to see a magnificent city laid out before her. Of course there was nothing so obvious, as both the map and the old legends said the city was underground and only the odd marker or building would be visible on the surface.

Jess pulled out her binoculars and began to scan the area. At first the area looked just like the miles of rocky grassland she'd been travelling over all day but then she saw it. To the untrained eye it would just look like a few piles of rock but to her it was unmistakably the heavily decayed ruins of a Pictish round house. Scanning further around she quickly saw more. She was elated. This really was it, she'd found the city.

So she dashed down the slope towards the first of the roundhouses. A brief examination proved she was correct, the rocks really were the ruin of a Pictish dwelling and a rather high status one at that. Over the next few minutes and dashing in glee between them Jess confirmed half a dozen of the houses. This matched up exactly with what as shown on the map, Cuthenburt hadn't been a crank or a swindler but clearly an excellent archaeologist.

Jess began to feel giddy as she looked further west, about 500 metres away was a large rocky outcrop. It was that outcrop that the map said hid the entrance to the city proper. Years of tension and stress seemed to slip away as she began towards the outcrop, everything she'd worked for had been worth it.

By the time she was about halfway to the outcrop she realised she was walking on a path that led directly there. Much like the round houses it was much decayed but still visible and bordered by large boulders on either side with scattered trees and bushes in between.

Jess was still about a hundred metres from the outcrop when she stopped short, dropping her pack. Nestling between two large grey rocks was the most amazing planet she'd ever seen. It was around ten foot tall and at least as wide. It was mostly composed of vine like tendrils that ranged from a few inches in diameter at the edges to over a foot at the centre. Most impressively of all the planet was covered in large flowers which sat at the end of some of the vines. Each flower had bright white petals about a foot across with a yellow stamen in the middle. It was very beautiful and even from a little distance away Jess could smell it's sweet, delightful scent.

Whilst no botanist Jess had a basic grasp on the plants of the Scottish Highlands and was sure this was not a native plant. In fact she was sure it wasn't found anywhere in the British Isles. The only place she'd seen anything similar was in TV shows about jungle habitats. Deeply intrigued how such an alien plant could prosper in this rocky land she walked towards it.

As she got closer she suddenly put her hand to her mouth in shock. She'd thought the warm breeze had been moving around the vines and flowers but now she realised the plant was actually moving under it's own power. It wasn't a lot, the vines just shifting a few inches but enough to be utterly shocking. Whilst Jess knew the odd plant could move a little the action of the flowery bush was more that of an animal and far too mobile for even the most active plant.

A little nervous but fascinated Jess took a few more steps closer. It was then four of the thinner vines shot out of the planet and in a flash had wrapped around her bare arms and legs. She screamed as the rubbery tendrils slid tightly around her skin. The vines, with an amazing strength, pulled Jess toward the body of the plant. She tried to dig in with her feet, tried to free her arms but it was just far too powerful and in a few seconds she found herself dragged to the middle of the bush. Held right in the centre she was completely surrounded by the vines and flowers which were rubbing around her body as they moved.

Two of the giant white flowers were pressing against either side of her face. Their strong, sweet smell engulfing her as their yellow stamens each about eight inches long and two wide began to rub against the side of her head. As they did so their yellow pollen began to be smeared over her pale cheeks and red hair.

Jess, whilst trying to knock the flowers away with her head, suddenly screamed as she felt another vine shoot under her top and around breasts, wrapping around them both. She screamed a second time as they started squeezing her pert tits. As she screamed one of the flowers by her face pushed it's stamen into her open mouth. Almost immediately her mouth filled with pollen, much to Jess's surprise it tasted really good, it was as sweet and enticing as the flower's scent. Despite being it's prisoner she couldn't help but run her tongue along the stamen in her mouth, licking up more of the sweet pollen. Then after a few moments the stamen pulled out and left her gagging a little on a mouthful of the sticky pollen.

nova2469
nova2469
471 Followers