The Clinton Enterprises Saga Pt. 03

Story Info
Launching the Company.
9.4k words
4.8
7.7k
7

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/30/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 3 - We Find a Lawyer

-

Chapter 7 - A Lawyer with a Cat

As Anna and I parted after her advice about Emily, I realized I needed to call Sam before he left the office for the day. He was a serious rower from college days and was out on the Charles every afternoon at four except in the worst weather.

"Sam, I'm glad I caught you. Can you talk?"

"Alec, it's always a pleasure to hear your voice. My scull can wait a few minutes. What's on your mind? How did your conversation with Anna go?"

"She's still here. I'm having trouble concentrating on chips because of her other attractions."

"Alec, remember which end of you is supposed to be doing the thinking. Do you need my help?"

I could see the smile on his face. "Not with that problem, thank you very much."

"Seriously, Anna has convinced me we might have something that would sell in the embedded processor market. I think I need a lawyer to help get a company wrapped around our ideas."

"So, you're going to blow that nest egg on one of the most competitive markets out there?"

Silence. I couldn't tell whether he was poking fun at me, or warning me off. Or both.

"Hey, Alec. I'm here to help. Corporate law is not my bag, but I met someone the other day at a legal conference who might be available to help. She's been with one of the big firms in the city, but just passed the bar and is looking to go on her own helping startups. She chatted me up for some referrals. And, by the way, she's Harvard Law so there are smarts to go with."

"How do I connect with this wonder woman? Do you suppose she'd be willing to come up here to talk?"

"Alec, this time of year, anyone would come to see you at the lake. Are you around the house the rest of the day? I'll see if she can give you a ring."

"Fine. I'll be here. Send me an email with her contact info. When will you come for a visit?"

"I'd love to, but Marie just had knee surgery and needs me around to help and be grumpy at."

I went to find Beth and see what ideas were circulating about marketing. She was on the upstairs porch, scribbling in a notebook. The wild woman who birthed me looked amazingly young and composed. She looked up and smiled, "You're everywhere at once today. I heard a noise out in front and couldn't help watching the show you and Anna put on. She's very special, isn't she?"

"You all are, and you are a terrible voyeur. I'll have to think of a suitable punishment."

I leaned over and kissed her, and stuffed my hand into the top of her dress to catch her warm breast.

"I only get groped? You're all worn out from your antics on the front lawn? Go sit down on the sofa."

She came over and climbed into my lap and gave me a Beth kiss. Then she grabbed my hand and pushed it under her dress and between her open legs.

"Watching the two of you made me all wet. As long as you are here, finish me off."

She sucked my tongue and pressed my fingers into her pussy. I used my other hand to work her top down so I could get to a very stiff pink nipple. She was randy as hell and came all over my hand in less than a minute.

"Hmmm. Very nice. I guess we'll have to keep you around a while longer. Now, what did you want to talk about?"

She yelped when I bit hard on the nipple.

"How can I do the work you assigned me when I am molested every hour?" The smile said don't go away and don't stop what you are doing.

I leaned back with her head on my shoulder. "Still happy to be making out with your son?"

"Very. Don't get any ideas about stopping. How are you going to handle Emily panting after you day and night?"

"Emma and Anna both talked to me about that. Anna says the three of you are going to work out something to keep Emily from total infatuation."

She sat up and looked at me. She didn't have the Clinton blue eyes. Hers were Italian brown, courtesy of the handsome man who got Emma pregnant with her. And mine were brown as well, courtesy of her father's nephew, who impregnated her on a wild trip through southern Spain. One loving family, that's us.

"If you weren't so damn handsome, smart and nice, it would be easier. I keep wondering whether I should have you make a baby in me. It's not too late, I think."

I wrapped her in my arms and the head went back down. Her eyes had been wet too. There was a lot of emotion flowing today through our little group.

"I'm thinking we ought to skirt around the baby angle for a while. Emma asked how I could keep four women happy, and I'm sure I don't know. But one of you pregnant would not help. At least not now."

We were rocking back and forth together.

She lifted her head and kissed me. "You're right. But don't you dodge that baby bullet forever, impudent son of mine."

I stood us up and took her hand. "Let's go get some tea and talk marketing."

Just as we entered the kitchen, the phone rang.

"Hello, is this Alec Clinton?"

"Yes, you must be the woman Sam told me about."

"And he didn't give you a name, did he, the ignorant lout! My name is Amy Chen and Sam said you needed some advice about forming a corporation."

Strong, firm voice, with a hint of accent.

"Did he mention we were wondering if you would like to come up here to meet with us?"

"Yes he did. Your location on the lake sounds marvelous. I have two client conferences tomorrow but could come the day after that. Do I fly or drive?"

"With the airport hassle, it's about the same time either way. Your choice."

"I have some things to listen to, so I'll drive. Send me some directions. My email is in Sam's message.

"Do we need to talk money now?"

"That's later, after you check me out and I decide how crazy you are."

"Sure you can't come tomorrow, and stay a couple of days? We have a sailboat, if you're into that."

"Hmm. Maybe. I'll email you tonight if I can move the appointments. And I'll bring draft papers for an engagement agreement just in case."

I hung up and turned to Beth, "She's bringing an engagement agreement, and may come tomorrow."

She laughed and said, 'With four women here, you're working on a fifth too?"

Emma walked in, having heard the end of the banter. "He's found another?"

"A lawyer engagement agreement, you two. I'm NOT looking for more action around here!"

They locked arms around me. Fingernails were out and teeth were nipping. One was rubbing my crotch and one was rubbing my ass.

"Action, what action?" they said.

I twisted around and got them back to back, with my hands running up and down two fronts. I pulled them in for hot wet kisses. "God, I'm in love with you. Please don't stop pestering me!"

They stepped back and looked at each other. Beth said, "Well, I'll be, he likes being harassed."

We sat down together at the table while the tea kettle boiled. Anna wandered in and sat too. Time for a family conference.

"I've been thinking about how to handle the people crowd and the possible business crowd. The homestead can't handle everything, and we don't want to mess with its historic design or interfere with how it stands up here on the edge of the knoll."

Heads nodded. Emma went to make the tea. Beth brought out some crisps.

"Here's something for you to chew on. I guess we can call ourselves the architectural review committee, although someone might complain about the review committee reviewing its own work."

Smiles and chuckles. The herb tea was steaming and good.

"I'm thinking of a steel utility building hidden back in that low corner behind the house. We'll dig an underground utility tunnel to the back of this house so we can have emergency power, water and so on. Maybe make it big enough to walk in so in bad weather you can get to the shops and equipment without going outside."

Emma said, "It's not going to be visible from the road or the house?"

"Not unless you know where it is."

More nods.

"The other part is we need some discreet work and sleeping places for the professionals we bring here. Maybe for some of Emma's artist friends once in a while."

Anna wanted to know what they would look like.

"That's a challenge, isn't it? Hard to make a tiny version of this house, and it would look dumb if you did. What if we built a generous sized bathing facility with a gym, weight room, sauna, hot tub and showers? Then the studio units could have minimal plumbing, only a microwave for coffee and snacks, and a very small refrigerator. If we do that, there are very nice prefab units you can buy and put up in a day if you have the foundation ready."

Beth asked, "Little log cabin style?"

"Or board and batten. Whichever you like best. Stained to blend into the forest."

Anna came around behind me and applied a neck and shoulder massage. "Damn, he's good, isn't he?"

Beth giggled and said, "Definitely going to have to keep him around."

Emma looked serious, as though she was thinking of the generations of Clintons who were born, lived and died in this house.

"Your grandfather and great grandfather were quietly starving on this land in the Thirties, not wanting to leave it, but knowing there was no longer a way to support a family here. Then the war came. They both went to Portsmouth shipyard and worked sixty hour weeks, sometimes eighty hours, for four years. All of that money went into the bank as a nestegg against having to sell this property. It's here for us because they cared a lot about what their ancestors had accomplished in the wilderness and didn't want it to end with them."

"Do we share their dream, Alec? If you bring all that activity here, will it preserve our heritage, or wreck it?"

Silence. I was all choked up.

"Emma, I'd come sit in your lap, but I can't do that anymore, so you come here."

She settled gently into my arms.

"I only wish we had recorded that just the way you said it. We don't need a design review committee, we just need Emma to remind us of what our heritage and our duty is."

Emma stood up, leaned over and kissed me. Then went around the room kissing Anna and Beth and sitting down at the head of the table.

"Thank you, Alec, that's the answer I needed."

She added, "Some of our Clinton relatives in town do building from time to time. Maybe they would like to help. And my friend from school days, Clarissa Brown, is a mostly retired architect that could do the plans that the county requires these days."

I realized we had just passed a moment of decision, that Emma had blessed this upheaval of the ancient farm and its home. She stared down the table, waiting for my response, signaling the passing of stewardship for this small corner of the planet to me.

I hesitated, reflecting on the demonstration of why she had such a hold on me. The bond between us was growing, day by day.

I stood up. "After that, I need a run." I looked at Anna, "You're too fast, but come along and put me in my place again. It's good discipline, I think."

They all laughed.

She led a merry chase up the hill. We stopped for a break, although she said I was so out of shape I didn't deserve one.

"If this is how you treat friends on a good day, I'd hate to be around on a bad day."

She laughed and laughed and started down the hill as we had the other day. Slowing down, she said, "You may find this hard to believe, but I got a kick out of my undergrad engineering courses in drafting and surveying. You're going to need an accurate survey for the architect. Would you let me rent equipment in town and do it? I'd like to help."

I bantered back to her, "So, you're a tomboy at heart. Just want to get out there and run some lines with the guys? You have a tight tee shirt in mind?"

She glared at me, "Oh you are going to suffer for that. No more slow runs. You're going to see nothing but my tight ass! From a distance!"

She embraced me at the gate, wet and delicious. I could hardly stand.

"Now that you have capitulated to all my demands, let's get cleaned up, grab the others and go to town to see about survey gear and have dinner out."

What actually happened was that after Emma talked to her cousin, we were invited to a spur of the moment potluck at one of the Clinton places in town.

We dropped Anna off at the builder's supply store while Emma, Beth and I shopped.

The car was stuffed with us and the results of the buying spree. Anna's new tripod was sticking out of the trunk. A padded case held the laser driven survey head and automated targets. Emma drove and I had a large box of wine, beer, chips and other goodies on my lap.

Originally, after the Revolutionary War, two Clinton brothers had homesteaded near each other on parcels overlooking the lake. One of them ended up opening a store down near the lakefront, which became today's village. Gradually, that side of the family became town people while Emma's side stayed on the land.

As we set up in the generous backyard of Emma's cousin's house, relatives filtered in. Emma and Beth took turns introducing me to everyone. We all took turns passing around drinks and snacks. I was relaxing behind the beer table, talking to Paul Clinton, the builder, when there was something of an entrance by Emily and a half dozen younger girls. All of them in leotards. A woman about Anna's age came behind with a pile of gym mats. Emma told me she was Dorothy Smith, the P.E. teacher from school, and coach of the women's gymnastics team.

Dorothy addressed everyone, "Hi. We've brought you a treat today. The girls have been preparing for their annual fundraiser, and need an opportunity for a bit of a dress rehearsal. If you like the performance, look out for your wallet because they will be coming around with their hand out!"

They were good, much better than I expected. Emily was clearly the star, with a forward twisting somersault. Emma said, "She's graduated from the team, but is helping Dorothy with the younger girls. I think she'll be asking you for some late afternoon time off to continue helping."

After the performance ended with a big round of clapping, Emily wandered over. Her hand was out.

I gave her a high five. "You even panhandle strangers?"

She took a position halfway behind me. "Especially strangers from Boston with thick wallets!"

"What are you standing back there for?"

"When I got this leotard, I didn't have boobs. Now I do and my nipples are showing!"

Emma was laughing and I said, "Some guys think that is a good thing!"

She stepped forward and rubbed her front against the back of my shirt. I was getting hard.

Emma was enjoying the flirting but looked surprised when Emily said out of the blue, "You're having sex with Emma and Beth and Anna, aren't you?"

Emma asked, "How would you know such an impertinent thing, young lady?" Mock outrage was in her voice.

"Yesterday, when we were sitting around after breakfast, you were all looking so relaxed and happy. I thought to myself that the three of you looked the way my mom does when she comes downstairs for weekend breakfast after she and my dad have been doing it upstairs. I put two and two together and decided this very handsome, sexy guy next to me must be getting some. Actually, getting a lot, I guess."

Her fingers were pulling my hair and her tongue was licking the back of my neck.

Emily kept going, "It's ok with me. But if you can keep them that happy, I want some too."

She hurriedly added, "I'm 18, you know, and I'm not a virgin. I gave it up to my ex-boyfriend at the prom, just like it says you're supposed to." She giggled and Emma smiled. I remembered what Emma said about her pregnancy at 18. And what she said about my not being able to avoid Emily.

I smiled and complained, speaking in a low voice to avoid attention, "But, Emily, I'm getting all worn down. I won't be able to perform!"

Before she could respond, her mom came up and said, "You looked really great Emily. I'm so proud of my star athlete. But aren't you a little underdressed for the party? I'll bet I know why you're hiding behind Alec."

I reached around and pulled Emily in front of me, my hands carefully not in questionable places.

Emma and Clara both said together, "Oh, very nice and very naughty."

I tried to kiss her on the ear, but she broke away and dashed for the house. Clara said, "I brought her some undies and a nice dress. We'll be back."

Emma looked at me and said, "So there you are, Romeo. She's already thrown herself at you. And that is pretty hot stuff, isn't it?" She stepped into me and kissed my lips very lightly.

Anna wandered over with a glass of wine in her hand. "I saw all that. We warned you, didn't we?" She sipped her wine, giving me a bold sexy stare.

I tried to look stricken and said, in a high voice, "When's the next flight, I need to get out of here!"

"Flee? Did I hear the word flee?" Beth was behind me suddenly. The other two closed in.

"You're not going anywhere, buddy. We've got your number. And other parts of you too."

And now it was too late, because Emily was elbowing her way into the group. "Hey, you can't do that out here in public. Rubbing on him, you look like cats in heat!"

I grabbed Emily from behind and pulled her in tight. "Hot one, believe it or not, these three think you should get what you want. I'm turning you over to them to figure out when and where. Now let's circulate before there are questions about what's happening over here."

Over a beer and a barbequed burger, I resumed my conversation with Paul about renovations at the homestead.

"Paul, I'm going to bring some of the work I do in Boston up here and need some modern space. I was wondering if we could put a utility building out behind the old house so it couldn't be seen. What do you think?"

Paul was not a big conversationalist. After a minute or so of munching on his meal, he said, "No point in trying to change the house. Emma and the family would not like that. Does need a new roof, though. "

He thought some more. "Yeah, with a little careful grading, I guess we could hide a steel building back there. You got money?"

He looked at me. This was not the time to give away anything. "I could raise a hundred thousand, I think, from business contacts."

He smiled. "Ought to work. Up here we stretch your dollars. You mind if I nose around in Burlington for a used one?"

"Not at all. Do you have time to get to this before freezeup?"

"I can probably work as fast as you can get plans approved by the county." He smiled again. I suspected Paul did a bit of work the county didn't know about.

I smiled back. "Do you still do business up here on a handshake?"

We stood up and shook hands. Anna was nearby and I hailed her over. "Paul, this is Anna Petrova, my partner. She's also a surveyor, at least she says she is, and is going to do the field work for Clarissa."

Paul said, "Alec, how come you get the pretty ones, and engineers at that?"

Anna said, "Paul, I hope I can be more than pretty." Then gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Paul's wife Trudy came up and said to her husband, "What's this hugging and kissing going on over here?" with a big smile on her face. Paul leaned over, kissed his wife, and said, "Honey, this is my new field assistant. She's doing the survey of Emma's place."

Trudy looked Anna up and down and said, laughing, "Well, they sure don't make surveyors the way they used to."

After more hugs and kisses and thank you's, we piled into the car and made our way out of town.

Emma said to Beth, "I think we made some friends for our extended family tonight."

"Yes, I think the town's newest surveyor could get all the work she wants if the chip business goes south!"

Anna was in my lap and kissed me. She asked Emma, "Why didn't you tell us Emily was such a jock? She was incredible doing that routine with the team."

"I should have been paying more attention when she was in high school. I think Alec is going to have quite a time with her. "