The Closest Thing Ch. 01

Story Info
The kindness of a stranger.
1.4k words
4.09
14.5k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ladylana
ladylana
10 Followers

Hey guys,

I have had a look and edited this chapter. It did need it.

Thank you to my wonderful friend and fellow writer Poizon69 for editing. I appreciate it so much.

It's still pretty short, but I want to know what you guys think first on whether or not I should keep going.

ToB is still in progress, but this is a little lighter.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Please remember that I'm not a professional writer. So don't be too hard.

Please comment and rate.

Thank you,

Lana

***

Hot.

It was so dam hot. God, I was burning up. The room was spinning...Or was I spinning? Where the hell was I?

Think, think, think.

A party. But what party? God knows. I could hear my heart beating. It was like a high speed train. I stumbled up a set of stairs I came across. They were so bloody steep. I felt like I was climbing a mountain. Through the fuzziness, I could make out figures. People. They hardly paid me any attention as I stumbled past them, most were too drunk or too busy to notice. I finally found what I was looking for. The bathroom. And it was empty. Thank God.

I made my way across the bathroom. It was only a few steps, but right then it seem a like a mile. Steadying myself on the sink, I squinted at my reflection. I was white as a sheet, and I had smudges of black eye-liner all over my face. I leaned forward, trying to get a closer look at my pupils. It was hard when everything was so out of focus.

Yeah. I had guessed as much. Obviously I had took taken something. It wouldn't be the first time. Oh well, drugged up again. Although this was the first time I had ever been spiked.

God, I didn't feel good. And I was shaking so badly. This didn't normally happen, did it? The room was swimming quite violently now. The tiles were dancing for me. Where was I again?

I could hear voices, or a voice? Were they in my head? I laughed. Perhaps I was going crazy, I thought, as I slipped down the bathroom wall, surrendering to the blackness.

***

"Hey kid, can you hear me?" A male voice roused me from my drug induced sleep,

What now? My stomach was aching. And so was my head. Where was I again? I felt myself being pulled up from where I was slouched, what the fuck?

I opened my eyes. It was so bright. There was a pair a chocolate brown eyes staring at me, with what looked like...concern, maybe? They reminded me vaguely of minstrels. He was still pulling me. I felt a strong urge to be sick. Good job that this stranger seemed to be pulling me where I wanted to be pulled. I felt strong hands pulling back my long brown hair out of my face, as I heaved violently into the grimy toilet. I was shivering fiercely, again. If it weren't for this stranger, I'd have been on the floor, probably throwing up all over myself.

I heard his voice again.

"There you go, that's it. You're okay I got you kid,"

Finally I emptied all the liquid out of my stomach, and it seemed to settle. My eyes were blurred with unshed tears, my mascara now running down my face. I had always hated being sick. The strangers hand was still holding me, now one strong, lightly tanned arm was wrapped securely around my waist. I wasn't sure were the other one was. My head was pounding. And everything was still so damn hazy.

God, this was terrible.

He helped me over to the sink and held me while I sipped the water from the cold tap. It wasn't really helping. I was so thirsty. And hot. God it was fucking hot.

"I'm too warm," I slurred to this strange guy. Even as I said it, I was trying to undress myself, anything to cool me down. Why was I even telling him? For all I knew he could be a rapist! But I didn't have a choice. I didn't even know where I was. I could hear loud music and drunken chatter mixed in. But it all sounded like it was so far away. It was too damn warm!!

I felt a hand on my head, His cooling touch was heaven.

"Jesus Christ! You're burning up. I thought you were just--fuck! What have you taken?"

Taken? What? Suddenly I was so tired. I wasn't listening. I was moving again. He was moving me across the tiny bathroom again. The white and black tiles danced and moved for me, spinning and twirling in front of my eyes, as he ushered me into the shower. What the fuck?

"I'm sorry kid, but this is the only thing I can think of doing right now. I have to get your temperature down. If it doesn't help, I'll take you to hospital, okay?"

No. No. No. I wasn't going to hospital. Not again. They probably knew me by now. I'd probably have to see that damn dickhead psychiatrist again. Fucking pompous idiot. My mind started to play tricks on me. The psychiatrist was talking to me. Asking me those stupid, invasive questions- "Why did you try to take your life this time, Miss Reid? Do you like the attention?"

Attention!? What a thing to say to a suicidal teenager! No way. I wasn't going to be treated like an insolent child. Not again.

The man with me didn't seem to expect an answer. He let go of me to turn on the shower faucet, and I slipped down onto the floor again. A burst of icy cold water hit me.

God, it felt sooo good but not as cold as I'd like.

"Colder," I supplied, to the man.

"Babe, this is as cold as it gets, believe me" He shivered.

I realised I was standing again. He must have lifted me back up onto my feet. He was standing behind me, catching a lot of the spray himself. I felt his hand on my forehead again. I'm not sure how long we stood there, but when the water stopped we were both thoroughly drenched. I could feel my clothes plastered to my body. I guessed my new friend was the same.

The next few moments passed in a blur. I felt a burst of cold night air hit me, as I stumbled with him, his right arm around my waist, my left around his shoulder.

"Where do you live kid?" He asked me.

Ha.

"Nowhere," I mumbled.

Well, it was true. I couldn't go back to my flat. Not with my so called roommate. Not after what he had tried to do. I should have guessed, of course. Why else would he have let me stay with him? But these days I would take whatever I could get. It wasn't like I had any other choice. It was his, or be homeless. And now I was homeless. Nowhere

"Right" the stranger replied, "Of course you live nowhere...Okay. Right fine"

Then we were in a cab. I scooted away from him,my soaked clothes sticking to the leather interior.

I didn't care.

I twisted so I could lean against the coolness of the glass windows. I sighed in contentment at that small pleasure. I wasn't as unbelievably hot as I had been, but I still wasn't comfortable. The cabbie gave me a strange look, but said nothing, when he was given a location.

Typical, I thought. There I was, potentially in the car with a date rapist, and the cabbie says nothing.

That thought had crossed my mind, but these days I didn't really care. Let him rape me. I had been through worse. I didn't really care where I was going. Or what was about to happen to me.

I shifted my neck further back, to rest my forehead on a cooler part of the window. Now that we were moving, my head was rattling and banging off the glass, sometimes quite violently. It wasn't particularly comfortable any more, but I felt too weak to move, or to care.

I closed my eyes tighter and drifted off into the welcoming blackness, beside either the best, or the worst thing that had ever happened to me.

ladylana
ladylana
10 Followers