The Coming Darkness Ch. 01

Story Info
Destiny finds a man in the most unassuming place.
6.8k words
4.43
5.3k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 01: You Aren't Alone Anymore

It was a typical day in Arizona fall. Slight cloudy overcast with temps in the high seventies and lows in the fifties with an eighty percent chance of rain for the afternoon. The sky covered in blue/gray clouds hanging low streaked from one horizon to the other. The sun breaking through the mountain to the east and breaking through the clouds wherever a break would let it through, only to shine against the phoenix smog hanging low in the air creating a brown haze across most of the valley. For natives these are the days where our energy is the lowest and our creativity is the highest. For most of the year we get too much sunshine and sweltering heat but today its cool enough to drive to work with the windows open allowing the cool humid breeze to give me a little chill as I daydream about my upcoming weekend away.

Working the Saturday shift is always rewarding cause there is no oversight, I can wear what I choose, and the office is quiet. Pulling into my boss's reserved parking space and taking the quick walk into work I swiped my badge and hit the handicap switch to have the doors open up like magic. Always wishing I had magical powers or the force powers from star wars to open the door. Who am I kidding I'm the laziest son of a bitch there ever was and if I had those powers I would never utilize them for something like that. I would be completely selfish and use them for my own satisfaction and entertainment. Walking past Emma at the front desk I tipped my Superman hat her way and said Good morning before bypassing the stairs for the elevator to get up to the second floor cube farm. I hate when no one is in the building but yet I have to wait for the elevator to come down to pick me up. So I'm lazy and I hate waiting but at least I'm always consistent.

Consistently late that is. HAHA. My start time is 10:30 on Saturday and 8:30 mon-fri but I'm not like all those do gooders and suck ups that clock in early. I always clock in 5-6 mins late. So again I'm still consistent. The only reason I get away with it is that I'm fucking awesome. Outside of work I may be lazy but when I put my mind to something I never half ass it. I always put in as little work as possible and always exceed company goals. This is one of the main reasons that I have been promoted multiple times over the damn brown nosers. When you get down to things my stats, education, and knowledge of my area put me above everyone else. I get along well with others and have always been called a great listener.

To be a great listener you need to be able to focus on what someone is saying, not judging or asking questions till the person has finished. I find out so much information a lot of it I probably shouldn't know and even more I could never repeat. Not sure why it happens but people and animals have always been drawn to me since I was little. The sad part is I love the animals but not so fond of people. I have one friend that has my back in all things. I'd rather have a dollar than one hundred pennies. To me there is more value in one friend that I trust one hundred percent than one hundred friends I can only trust one percent if you catch my drift.

Sitting down to prepare for a long but easy day of work, I finish clocking in and pulling up everything ill need for the day and my phone chimes.

"Hey motherfucker you want to go see that new Marvel movie tonight?"

Quickly responding I chimed back, "Sure cock muncher what time should I meet your faggot ass at the theater? I get off at 7."

"Quit getting off at work unless you are tapping that ass at work you always talk about. Meet me out front at 8pm. I'll get the tickets and you get the snacks like usual."

Responding, "Oh I'll get you some snacks alright. Some salty ones all over your nachos you cum guzzler."

"See you then douche."

My bro and I always degrade each other every chance we get, always trying to one up each other. He may not be blood but sometimes family is more than blood. No matter time or space we are always there for each other and will always keep each other in check.

With my plans cemented for the evening I logged into my work phone, put my cell on the charger, opened Pandora, popped in my left earbud, and started to get my work on. Work was droll and boring and went off without a hitch. I looked at the screen and checked the time at it showed 4:00pm, couple hours till the weekend officially started for me. But before I finished my shift I had to complete an archive request. I always leave these for the afternoons because that way all my work is done and bosses can't complain when it takes a couple hours to complete a records request. I also leave these for last cause going down to the sub-basement to find records was always a pain. See the building is massive and it takes a good hour or two to find the section I need to search and quite a while longer to sift through the results looking for what I need. But it was always a nice reward too cause that where Feline worked.

Feline was the most gorgeous woman I ever laid eyes on and being Puerto Rican was just the cream on the top so to speak. Her beautiful caramel skin, with long curly black hair that had some red highlights accentuated her eyes. That light brown color always captured my attention when I wasn't focused on the rest of her. She was a curvy woman as well, being a single mom with two kids did wonders for her hips and large breasts. The fantasies I have involving her send shivers down my spine right to my cock. As usual coming down to the basement I always find her dancing around while working and being productive. I always like to sneak in and watch her for a while before I interrupt her routine to help me complete my records request. I can never contain my growing excitement when I get close to her as the perfume she wears has such a fruity yet spicy smell that drives me wild. It so intoxicating I can't help stop the tent that form in my pants.

I myself am far less than average. Standing at six foot five and weighing at three hundred and fifty I'm not what you would call a looker, I'm what the doctor calls obese but I wear it well. I'm of European decent with freckled white tanned skin, hazel eyes, short black hair with a goatee, as well a perfect set of teeth and then some. When I was ten my dentist at the time examined my teeth to find that I had plenty of room for all my wisdom teeth and I had four extra canine teeth, two above and two below. He told me I could make a serious dent in an apple but they would always be a pain to clean since of the position they were in. I used to play football in high school and college not because I liked playing or like the game but simply a sport I could letter in for graduation and to keep myself busy with weight lifting and cardio so I could eat whatever I want. After college though I lost my drive to stay active but not my drive to eat delicious food so I had gained a few pounds but still was had an imposing form.

I never dated in high school or college, never went to my prom, or any other dance for that matter. I was more interested in playing video games and watching anime as well as excelling in my degree. In retrospect I wish I would have had the balls to ask out a few girls who I came to find out later had a crush on me and would have definitely popped my cherry in high school and college then me becoming a thirty year old virgin I was at the moment. Fooled around with a few girls here and there but never went all the way. But watching Feline dance and sing while she worked though, pushed me harder and harder towards getting up the courage to ask her out one of these days. But today was not the day as it had other plans for us. As her song came to a conclusion I rounded the corner and strolled up to her.

"Hey Feline, how's it going? Long time no see?"

"Nate you're a liar, you were just down here yesterday for an archive request." As feline looked at me through squinted eyes and her hand of her hip.

"True, but it's still been a long time, Ha-ha. Anyways how are you today?"

"You don't really want to know because I'll be here for hours just explaining and it will make me mad and sad, so let me just see what I can help you with and try to stay happy today. Speaking of which, what you got for me?"

"Well today I have a request for results that date back prior to the electronic systems which will definitely require your expertise to find."

"Ok, I love those requests, makes me actually feel useful for once. Let's take a look at it, come on over and take a seat."

As I think to myself. "Ya I'm going to need to sit soon or else my one eyed friend is going to rear his head and make this encounter very awkward."

I took the last few steps to reach her lone desk here in the basement. She has been the caretaker of all the old records since that old codger Bill died a few years back, God rest his soul. Feline was definitely smarter, funnier and way better looking. I took a seat so we could go over the request and figure out where we need to start looking for the archive results. As we started reviewing the request line by line I started to feel really queasy like the room was moving. I though my mind was playing tricks on me or I was losing blood to my brain due to close proximity to the beautiful Feline but as I looked up she looked like she was having the same feeling. That's when shit started to spiral out of control. The room started to shake violently. The bookcases and shelves were toppling over, the walls were cracking, and the lights were swinging and popping making the room go dark. While this was happening I grabbed her by the arm, screaming for her to get under her large desk for cover.

After what seemed like hours of deafening sounds and flashing lights my senses came back to me. The emergency light came on and my eyes slowly adjusted to the now dim light let in this now sprawling dungeon. I checked to see if Feline was alright and found she was unconscious. It looks like in her haste to get under the desk she may have inadvertently hit her head and knocked herself out. I checked her for a pulse and she seemed ok so I slowly stood up to take a look around and see what the extent of the damage done. As I precariously made my way over to the stair well in the dim light I noticed that the stair well was actually gone. Must have been one hell of an earthquake. There was nothing but rubble from what used to be the stairs. I looked over at the elevator doors realizing with no power the elevator is out as well and was extremely glad I wasn't stuck in there when this happened. Although it looks like we will be here for a while as I made my way back to Feline.

I started making a path shoving boxes and debris out of the walkway as I went so if the lights did end up going out on us we wouldn't be tripping over ourselves. I rounded the corner to the bathrooms and dipped inside and found they were still intact. To my surprise the men's room was fine for the most part, except the mirror had broken and there was toilet water all over the floor. I checked to see if the water was working and after I found it was took a piss washed my hands and soaked a few paper towels with some cold water to use in an attempt to wake Feline. I made my way back to her, grabbed her sweater and propped her up against the desk drawers while I dabbed the cold compressed paper towels to her forehead and temples while I lightly jostled her in an attempt to regain consciousness. While I did that I grabbed my cell to see if I could make a call out but it seems like the quake must have taken out cell towers and electricity because all I got was no bars and no service. As I put my phone back into my pocket Feline started to wake up.

"Nate, what happened, what's going on?"

"Feline, are you ok?"

"My head hurts really badly, what happened?"

"We just survived one hell of an earthquake though you'll have quite a knot on your forehead for a while I'd imagine."

"Yes I know, I can feel it, I was so scared when you told me to get under the desk I went so fast that I think I hit my head. How long was I out?"

"Only for about fifteen mins or so, I went and looked around to check out the damage, don't freak out but we might be stuck down here for a bit."

"Why what happened? How bad is it?"

"The main stairwell collapsed and power is out, I don't know where any of the other entrances/exits are down here. In addition cellphones seem to be down and we are on emergency power. At least water is still running in the men's room although I didn't think to check the women's restroom, sorry."

"No, no, no, this can't be happening I need to get a hold of my mom to check on the kids and make sure they are ok."

"I'm sure they are just fine, just please relax, we will find a way out and you'll be able to hold them again soon ok."

"Ok, ok, ok I'll try but how are we supposed to get out if the stairs are gone and the phones don't work?"

"Don't worry, Jerry up at the main desk knows we are down here, they always do a well check on all the employees who are badged into the building when emergencies like this happens so we will just have to sit it out till they can get help down here."

"You're right, sorry I freaked out, but I just want to check on my baby's make sure they are ok and that they know I'm ok as well because I'm sure they are freaked out right now just like me. But at least I'm not down here all by myself."

Luckily it was dark down here cause that remark totally made my face go as red as my heart skip a beat.

"You'll have them back in no time, but in the mean time we should probably take a look around and see what we can find and use around here while we are down here."

"Please don't leave me alone."

"Why? Nothing's going to happen, we will be alright"

"Ya, but what if there is another one."

"Shit you're right didn't think about that. OK let's have a look around together, there has got to be another stairwell in this damn labyrinth we can use to get back upstairs.

As we wandered around the never ending basement archive every stairwell we found seemed to be destroyed and caved in or had something blocking the door from the other side. I'm actually surprised the whole building didn't collapse with all the damage around. As we came around the last hallway leading back to where Feline's desk was she suddenly stopped. While im usually not afraid of much due to my imposing size, her dead stop, coupled with the cold chilly breeze made the hairs on my neck stand at attention.

"What is it?" I said, trying to contain my growing irrational fear.

"Nothing really, just noticed a big section of the wall had broken loose" she said looking back at me.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked over to where she was referring. Sure enough the earth seemed to have opened up and spilled into the basement. As we got closer to the downed section the cold, damp, and musty breeze seemed to drop the temperature quite a few degrees. As we walked closer we both gasp at fact that not only has the wall and ground given way but there seemed to be an entrance to a cave life feature in front of us. I pulled out my phone flashlight and turned towards the opening at that moment we were both stunned.

"Holy shit, Feline would you look at this; there is a fucking cave under the building. Looks like the earthquake opened a hole. Wonder how long it's been here? I'm surprised the builders never found this when excavating the sub floors for the basement, either that or they just built around it."

"Me too that is just too crazy."

"I don't know about you but I want to check it out, might be a way out."

"Are you crazy? Even If there was an exit, what happens when there is another quake and the cave collapses on your big dumb head huh?"

"What if the earthquake opened up an entrance and an exit for us huh?"

"That's a big what if dumbass. But then again what happens when help comes and there is no one down here asking for help, cause, we went into this stupid cave? Then what? I know what happens, we get stuck down here and I never see my kids again?" At that, Feline braced herself against the wall and started to slump down to the ground visibly upset after working herself up with anxiety and imagining thousands of scenarios that all ended with her dead and her kids motherless.

Noticing her reluctance and the tears starting to form in her eyes, "Well how about this, you stay here so if help does come you can let them know we are down here, meanwhile let me run in this cave quick and take a quick look around and if there is any sign of trouble I will come right back ok?"

"How about we just wait for a while and see if any comes looking for us and if no one comes in the next couple hours I'll follow you?" She said as I felt her eyes staring daggers at my chest, but as I looked into her eyes I saw the fear of being alone in this dark basement.

I relented as there was no was no way I'd leave this beautiful Goddess all by herself. I'd never forgive myself if something happened to her that I could have prevented. We walked back to her desk flipped over a few chairs that had fell over in the quake and sat down facing each other. The next few hours went by excruciating slow. I really wanted to check out the cave but at the same time I really enjoyed being in Feline's company and never wanted her to feel alone. We spent our time making idle chit chat and checking our phone periodically to see if the cell networks might come back up. In the silence I heard a distant rumble.

"Did you hear that Nate?"

"That rumbling? Ya..."

"You don't think that more quakes do you?" she said visibly shaken and scared.

"No I don't think so." As I said thinking about what it was. "Wait I bet its thunder, there was supposed to be a storm this evening. The front must have finally moved in."

"Why has no one come for us yet?" she said, as tears started to stream down her face.

"Don't cry beautiful...the damage may have been pretty bad up top who knows, and if there is a storm that might be making it harder for recovery crews to check out everywhere. I'm sure everything will be alright." I said trying to believe my own words, but secretly worrying that Jerry at security may have been hurt and no one know we are down here.

"I can't sit her any longer I need to get out of here and get back to my kids. Lets go check that opening?"

"Alright let's do it."

We walked back to where the wall had collapsed I pulled out my smartphone, switched on my flashlight app and we headed in...

As we entered the cave, my cellphone flashlight illuminated the walls of the cave. The floor of the cave seemed to be hard and flat with a path wide enough for a normal person to walk through. The cave walls had lots of large jagged edges jutting forth that we had to dip, dodge, and climb over periodically. The further we traveled the larger the cave became and the deeper it went. We walked for about twenty minutes until we reached a carven that left me speechless. As I exited the jagged walkway I came to a large cavern that was very wide. What left me speechless was the small lake that was formed in the middle. Not surprising though in fact because the building was built next to the large currently dry Agua Fria riverbed. The river that normally flowed there was actually an underground reservoir and only really looked like a river when we actually had a really wet rainy season.

Shining the light around it seemed there was a small clearing round the water. I pointed at the way I was going to take looking back at Feline to see her nodding and looking back at the water. We made our way down to the water using the flashlight to look around for any signs of life or any other tunnels that might lead out of the cave. The walls of the cave were lined with purple crystals reminding me of what the inside of a geode looked like once broken open. The light reflected off the water and crystals in the cave causing beautiful colors to shimmer and bounce off of every inch of the cave. As I reached the water it was clear that I was only thing that had ever set foot in here. The water was perfectly still and clear. I was standing there marveling at the colors and beauty of this untouched cave when something caught my eye. There was a strangely smooth section of the wall that looked metallic in nature and was definitely not a natural phenomenon but appeared man made. Feline noticed as well and followed me as I walked closer to the wall to get a better look. I started to here strange cracks and groans and all of a sudden the ground starting to shake again.

12