The Coming of the Spell Caster

Story Info
Daniel Davies learns to wield magic through sex.
60.3k words
4.91
75.7k
156

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 01/05/2024
Created 11/17/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Estcher
Estcher
1,757 Followers

Hi, everyone.

I wanted to clean up The Coming of the Spell Caster by putting it all together into one novel. I am also correcting the category and republishing it under Sci-Fi &Fantasy—which is where it belongs.

I will be taking down the individual chapters, sadly this likely means all the comments and ratings will disappear as well. I apologise for this but having eleven chapters up for one novel doesn't make sense to me any longer. Especially since some of the chapters were shorter than my normal length.

For newcomers: This is fantasy with an obviously erotic twist. I think it is a little over the top, but I had fun writing it and in the end that is generally all that matters to me: that I have fun. The good news for you is that the second novel has been published!

Enjoy,

Lana Ocean

Canada

The Coming of the Spell Caster

Spell Caster Series: Book One

Chapter One

DANIEL DAVIES STRUGGLED to pull the fallen tree free from the underbrush, where smaller saplings and undergrowth had twisted around the trunk. He wrapped his arms around the two-foot-wide girth and gave a mighty pull, straining against the resistance, his arms taut and threatening to split his undersized tunic. His face turned deep red with the effort and sweat poured down his face. He reached deeper within himself and found an extra ounce of strength and suddenly, with the sound of saplings snapping, the trunk suddenly surged forward, and Daniel fell to a knee and released the heavy trunk.

The tree thumped to the ground, and Daniel took a moment to catch his breath. He felt a hitch in his shoulder, and he rotated his arm around the socket to loosen it. He pushed himself off the ground and wiped the half-sleeve of his tunic across his brow and blinked against the burning of sweat in his eyes. He looked down at himself and grimaced at the condition of his shirt, covered in dirt and pieces of bark and leaves. The shirt was made from rough-spun cloth and was more suited for holding potatoes than his body. It was a size too small, and he wished he could afford better, but he was only a poor farmer with a small plot of land given to him by the King.

He looked back at the fallen tree. Now that it was finally free of the saplings, and he could remove the branches and ready the tree to drag back to his farm with his mule. He had found it fortunate to have found the tree—it had meant less work for him. Daniel was standing in an old growth forest and the trees were dense and thick. The trees took a long time to fell and chancing on the fallen tree had saved himself an hour of chopping at least.

Although it might have been less work than pulling it clear of the undergrowth, he thought.

He studied the stump of the tree for the third or fourth time. It kept catching his eye as it was oddly charred. A lightning strike would not have been so focused. His gaze lingered for a moment before he shrugged and thanked the Gods for providing this bounty. His mule, only a dozen yards away, stomped the ground in impatience and glared at him. Daniel smiled at the beast and stepped away from the tree. At his feet, insects, exposed to the light, swarmed, and scurried for a place to hide. Daniel made a noise of disgust and stepped further back and shook his head with a look of distaste on his face. He hated insects. They ate his crops and caused no end of grief for a simple farmer like him. It was a constant battle and losing meant losing the farm and likely prison for not paying the King his due.

If only I could afford a simple spell to rid my plants of insects, he thought, not for the first time. But spell casters are notoriously expensive. Daniel thought back to the one he had encountered in the town near his farm a couple of months ago. He had walked the two hours down the road to the town of Acron to stop at the Trading Post to buy a new pulley mechanism for his well, and instead he had found the inn and tavern beckoning him.

He had stepped inside the gloomy tavern and made his way past older patrons drowning themselves in ale at dirty tables. It was only just past noon, but by the looks of the men, they had been here for hours. He knew many of them, for they were a small community and many simply nodded at him as he passed. He knew them, but not enough to speak to them. Truth was, he had always been an outsider in town and in the region. He approached the bar and the man on the other side started to pour him a warm ale without prompting. He slid the ale over to him in a heavy and chipped ceramic stein.

"Two coppers, mate," he said without making eye contact.

Daniel fished out two coppers and dropped them on the bar. "Thanks." He grabbed his stein and took a sip. It was weak, warm, and far too hoppy for his taste. He grimaced and forced himself to swallow the bitter brew. The bartender grinned and winked at the expression and moved away to the other end of the bar, grabbing a cloth, and wiping a wine glass clean.

Daniel turned himself around and put his back to the bar and tried to relax. The walk to town had been hot and dry, and he wanted nothing more than to chug back the bitter ale. But the two coppers were an expense he could barely afford, and he would make this beer last and remember it for weeks. And he still had to purchase a new pulley mechanism for his well and wanted to pay cash rather than increase his credit with the trader. Which meant this was the only ale he could afford. He took a sip and winced. Despite the taste, he debated buying another ale and forgetting about the well. He didn't mind the extra effort of hauling buckets of water up by hand from the well depths. He was a strong and muscled man, with blue eyes and a tan, and more than capable. He shook his head. Dammit, the well has a broken pulley system and I can't stand things not working properly. I want it fixed. No more ale.

Daniel looked around to clear his mind and worries. Despite the bright summer day outside, the lighting in the tavern was terrible due to all the dirt and smoke residue covering the insides of the front windows. The bar he leaned against went half the length of the back wall, farthest from the door. Behind the bar was a door leading to the kitchens. On the wall to his left was a door leading up to the inn where anyone could get one of the four rooms the inn boasted. Four large pillars held up the ceiling and a large round fire pit sat central to the room with a heavy stone chimney rising up through the roof. Tables and chairs filled the space. The floor was composed of roughhewn planks worn smooth in places to mark the passage of many feet. Sawdust was spread liberally across the floor to soak up spilt beer, vomit, and sometimes blood from fights. It was an ugly tavern, but the only one in the town of Acron for the likes of him.

With little else to do, Daniel observed the patrons. He knew three or four of them well enough by sight. They were mostly farmers like him, in town to sell their wares and maybe pick up supplies. Daniel was easily the youngest of them all. He had arrived in town at age eighteen. That was seven years ago, he realised with a shock.

Owning a farm had been the only thing he could think to do when he arrived. Farming didn't require a lot of knowledge, and he was easily strong enough for the work. He had taken what wealth he had and bought the rights to turn the land from the town representative for the King. The town had not thought well of him at first. But he had proven his worth over the years with hard work and always paid the King his due. This year he wasn't certain he could pay the levy and provide the crops he owed without starving this winter. And he wasn't alone. Crops were failing at an alarming rate.

Daniel came to Acron after his parents had died in an orc raid in a remote town near the Wilds. He blamed his father for their deaths. There had been no reason for his father to have tried to raise a family in a town by the Wilds, regardless of what wealth he chased. The orcs came and raped and pillaged, and in large numbers. Half the town had perished before the garrison had forced them away. Daniel had only survived by being knocked unconscious by the filthy orc who had broken down their door. He had been left for dead and woke to find the butchered corpse of his father. He had been partially eaten.

His mother had suffered a worse fate. Daniel didn't like to dwell on the image of his mother's prone body lying on her back on her bed with her clothes torn off. Grief welled up strong and sharp, and Daniel stifled a cry and raised his stein to his face to hide his grief. His loss was as fresh as the day it happened.

His thoughts were interrupted when a high-pitched, nasally voice called out from behind the central fireplace of the tavern. It had been an oddly irritating kind of voice and whoever had called out was hidden from Daniel's view, which bothered him. He glanced at the bartender and saw the brief look of first surprise and then distaste that crossed his face before he poured a cup of wine. The bartender came out from behind the bar and disappeared behind the fireplace before returning. Daniel noticed a few of the farmers frowning at the back corner before returning to their ales.

Curious to see who had annoyed the bartender, Daniel slid down the bar until he could see who it was. At first, he could see nothing, but he knew something was there. He blinked and then he saw, like clearing a fogged window. There, seated at a table in the back corner, was a man dressed in a very expensive robe. Daniel recognised what he was at once: a spell caster. He looked every inch the spell caster. He wore a robe, and he had placed a pointed hat on the table next to him. More importantly, next to his cup of wine, was a book he kept one hand on. Daniel knew it was a book of spells. A powerful and dangerous kind of book. It almost had an aura around it.

Something about the man bothered Daniel, but his first thoughts were of the insects plaguing the area. Cinch bugs infested all the fields around Acron. He had tried all the secrets farmers knew to rid himself of them, but nothing worked. He had already lost half his crop, and his future was looking bleak. A spell caster could easily rid his farm of the bugs. Maybe this man would be willing to help. To help Acron and the other farmers.

Daniel was a good farmer, surprising even himself. He almost preferred this life over the one his father had planned for him. He had spent his childhood and early manhood working in his mother's and father's apothecary shop in the capital city of Whitehaven. It had been prosperous. That was why moving to the Wilds had made no sense to Daniel. His father argued all the plants he needed were in the Wilds, and he refused to spend any more coin on dried herbs purchased at the market. He said fresh was always best, and he felt he could make more coin providing potions and unguents from the source rather than losing money buying the expensive ingredients. And he died for those beliefs, Daniel thought. And mom. She never wanted to leave the city. But she went anyway.

He tore his eyes from the spell caster when the door to the tavern swung open and two men entered. They stopped in the entrance and looked around, waiting for their eyes to adjust to the gloom. The spell caster saw them and called over to them.

"Jason, Brian. Over here," said the spell caster.

Daniel watched as the two men followed the voice through the bar. One was clearly a mercenary of some sort. He was massive, standing well over six feet in height. He wore a mail hauberk over a leather gambeson. Over his left shoulder and strapped to his back was a massive, unsheathed sword with a large handle. He wore a full helm which he removed, spraying sweat everywhere to the annoyance of a few patrons. He wore a large leather backpack, bulging with contents, slung over his right shoulder. Around his waist was a strange belt carrying small metal vials of varying colours. He wore thick leather boots, and ornate metal bracers covered his forearms. He looked dangerous, but the smile he wore put Daniel at ease.

The other man was short. Very short. He was only about four feet tall, and he was almost as wide as he was short. He had thick braided hair and sported an immense beard that practically shone with redness. He had prominent ridge bones jutting over his eyes that sprouted shockingly long and thick eyebrows. Daniel stared in shock. This was a mountain dwarf. He hadn't seen one since Whitehaven.

He carried a massive, spiked mace in one hand like it weighed nothing. What drew Daniel's attention was the dwarf wore dull half-plate mail. It looked well used and had a few prominent dents and holes in it. But it was what was painted in stark contrast on his chest that looked completely out of place. Daniel knew a crude drawing of a penis when he saw one. This dwarf had one painted in white right on his chest. Daniel then noticed the dwarf wore an amulet that also looked surprisingly like a penis. Daniel wasn't positive, but he suspected this dwarf was a cleric, but he had never heard of a religion that prayed to dicks and wasn't sure what to make of the dwarf.

Daniel knew at once what he was looking at. So did everyone else in the tavern. This was a band of adventurers. They likely carried a letter of free passage issued by the King, allowing them to search for monsters in the area. Whatever loot they found was taxed by the King, but it allowed them access to every part of the realm. Towns were honour bound to help them when asked. Adventurers were generally appreciated, but they were exceedingly rare this far from the Wilds, and Daniel was excited to see them.

The man and the dwarf arrived at the table with the spell caster. The dwarf spoke first. "Eric, ya fookin' arse. What have ya been up tae?"

Eric, the spell caster, raised a haughty eyebrow. "Fuck you, too, Brian. About time you showed up." He looked over at the other man. "Jason. Good to see you still alive and kicking."

Jason merely grunted and pulled off his backpack and sword before sitting next to the spell caster and putting his back to the corner. He lifted a hand to the bartender and raised two fingers. The bartender looked surprised and then nodded and started to pour two pints from a tap next to the one he had poured Daniel's ale from. Daniel frowned and looked at his ale.

The dwarf sat with his back to Daniel and placed his mace on the table with a thud. Eric frowned at it. "Do you mind? Have some manners."

Brian snorted. "Fook ya. It stays where it is. So, I heard you got into some trouble down south."

Eric looked away from the mace and picked up his cup of wine and took a sip.

Brian leaned in. "What the fook did you do?"

Eric sniffed and looked away, and Daniel felt dislike for the man. "Nothing to worry yourself over. It's done with."

Jason looked over at Eric with an expression of disbelief. Eric happened to be looking his way and saw the look.

"It's true. It's dealt with."

Silence fell over the three. Jason looked at Brian and after a moment he shrugged.

Eric glanced to the door. "Where's Grace?"

Brian answered. "She took a fancy to one of the guards."

A look of fury passed over Eric's face. "Again?"

Brian nodded. "She's fucked every man she fancies. I'm surprised her cunt isn't wide enough to swallow her away. She has an appetite no one seems to be able to quench. She makes my Goddess proud."

The bartender interrupted them and delivered two ales to the table. Jason flipped him a silver piece and waved him away. The bartender left them looking pleased.

Eric looked pissed off. "She's fucked everyone except me." He glanced at Jason. "And Jason here."

"Huh, well..." said the dwarf and looked around as if he found the tavern fascinating. Finally, he looked back to see Eric looking curiously at him.

"Did you fuck her?"

"Well, I..." murmured the dwarf.

"You did! Didn't you! You! She fucked you?" Spit flew from Eric's mouth. "Why wouldn't she choose me, then? Just look at me!"

Brian's eyes disappeared behind his furrowed eyebrows. "It's my calling, ya dumb arse. Syn, bless her, demands it. And weel, I can remove those diseases she gets so often. And I keep her clear of unwanted babies. So, she repays me."

Eric sputtered at the dwarf, trying to find words. "She pays you for your cleric healings with sex?"

At that moment the tavern door banged open and everyone in the tavern turned to the sound. Standing in the doorway was a woman who stole Daniel's breath away. She looked like death. Her skin was white as fresh snow, but her lips and eyes were darkened with black paint. She wore a strange garb that seemed to move on its own. Daniel thought she looked like she wore feathers. Her hair was so black it was hard to make out the style, but it was long and tied back in a simple ponytail that reached to her lower back. She moved across the floor toward the adventurers, and Daniel wasn't sure her feet touched the floor. She moved with a grace that was stunning to see. She was gorgeous beyond the pale. This must be Grace, Daniel thought.

Daniel felt his cock stirring in his pants and groaned at the sudden lust he felt toward this woman. Grace was a tiny woman. Daniel was certain her head would only come halfway up his chest. But she had a fluidity to her movements. Every move seemed orchestrated and minimal in energy. She was mesmerising to watch. Daniel wondered what she would look like naked and how she would be in bed. He felt the sudden desire to fill the woman with his cock and he was embarrassed. His cheeks burned red.

She stopped at the table and laid a hand on the dwarf's right shoulder. Daniel could see her squeeze it. Eric was openly staring at her, his lust clear for everyone to see. Jason seemed more interested in his ale. The woman chimed a soft laugh that Daniel needed to hear again. Her laugh spoke of promises. She moved over to Jason and leaned over and gave him a deep kiss. She pulled back and laughed again.

"Stay put. I'm going for a glass. Be right back," she declared and moved directly toward where Daniel was standing. Behind her, Daniel could see Jason cup a hand to his mouth and breathe out and sniff the air. He suddenly smiled at the back of Grace.

Daniel was frozen at the bar, watching Grace approach him. He stopped breathing. Grace raised an eyebrow at him and looked him up and down. She stopped in front of him.

"Hey there, stranger," she said.

Daniel could only stare at her in wonder. Up close, she was perfection. Her features were stunning. Her eyes were purple and went perfectly with her white flawless skin and dark hair. Her cheekbones rose high and gave her eyes a slightly slanted look. If Daniel were to guess he would wager she had Elven blood in her somewhere in her ancestry.

Unexpectedly, she leaned in close to him and stood up on her toes. She raised her mouth close to his and breathed out before speaking. "Breathe, big fella."

Daniel blinked. With her this close, his cock surged to life and strained against his pants. She was the most sexually attractive woman he had ever met. She was inches from him, and he wanted nothing more than to take her right here and now.

"Breathe," she whispered.

And Daniel sucked in a deep breath. He gasped and drew in large volumes of air and could hear his heart pounding in his chest. Then he noticed a strange smell. A slightly bleach smell. It came from her breath. Daniel wrinkled his nose.

Grace's eyes wrinkled in mirth. "It's the smell of fresh cum," she whispered in a sultry voice. "I just blew a guard." She laughed and moved away from Daniel. Her hand brushed across his erection, and she ordered a glass of brandy from the bartender.

Estcher
Estcher
1,757 Followers