The Company Ch. 03

Story Info
A demon fights for his mate.
1.4k words
4.6
27.6k
10

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 05/04/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers

I've been on this damn planet for centuries and let me just say that the scenery changes but the terms stay the same. I've watched as men could beat their wives because they felt they were out of line and it just be a part of life.

But I'm glad to say it's looked down upon now, I literally killed a few husbands after watching them beat their wives, because after all, that's an easy meal. Drain the blood and ditch the body, two birds with one stone kind of thing really.

Of all my years 'living,' I've never found my intended and I honestly don't see it happening anytime soon. I watched as Jonathon searched all of Europe for Marie, only to give up and come to America to find her with an abusive boyfriend. The hurt and anger that has radiated off of my friend for the past year has made me feel glad not to have found mine yet.

To be honest, I thought I had found my intended at one time. Regina, or Reggie, only came to my chest standing 5'4 with flaming red hair that curled down her back. She was petite and the sweetest woman I had ever met, or so I thought. I courted her for over a year, making sure her father approved of me as a possible husband for his youngest daughter. We would take walks through the countryside and watch the wild horses graze near an open field, which is exactly where I planned to propose.

I knew I had to tell Reggie what I was before I could ask her to be mine forever, but I was scared out of my mind. How could she love something evil like me? I'm old enough to be dust in the ground at least a few times over, yet I drink the blood of innocent people to live. How in hell was I going to tell her I was a day walker and that in order to be truly mine, she would become one as well?

I never had the chance to figure that question out, Reggie came to me crying one day telling me how she was 'with child.' This absolutely floored me and broke my heart, she had made me promise we would wait till our wedding night and I had sworn on my soul I would wait. Apparently she couldn't keep her own promise.

Three days later, I packed my belongings and left feeling empty as the town gathered to watch her marry the town blacksmith. I said a silent goodbye and heard the priest present Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, as I rode away on my horse Trotter.

I can't look at a redheaded woman now without thinking of Reggie. And the phrase "with child" sends chills and heartache straight through me. She's been gone for centuries now, yet the sight of a flaming red haired woman makes my heart jump, I guess it always will. But I like to think I've moved on, it has been a few centuries after all but the distrust is still apparent to my few close friends.

My mind came back to the task at hand; I was scoping out a bar on the east side of downtown and scented the accused man. I repeated his name a few times, Trevor Jennings, Trevor Jennings, Trevor Jennings. Poor Trevor Jennings, you made a big mistake making the search easy...

I picked up my cell phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Meet me on the roof of the pizza place on East Jackson, and come alone if you still want that promotion."

I snapped my phone shut and waited, I heard the crunching of gravel to my left as Marcus phased to my location.

"Look, I know you don't want to be the errand boy anymore so I'm giving you a chance here. Go down there and lure him out like you were taught and I'll tell Jonathon you did all the work. This, by the way, is mostly true seeing how you brought Marie back to the mansion and are about to lure the bastard out. Add on the fact you brought the bastard that hurt her back to Jonathon and the promotion is as good as yours. What do you say?"

"Thanks Mr. Ponti, I really appreciate your help and I won't let you down."

With that, Marcus made himself appear in front of the bar and began working his incantations to lure the drunken man away. Moments later, Trevor Jennings limped out of the bar and headed towards the alleyway where Marcus hid, waiting to attack and restrain him.

I flipped open my cell and pressed the speed dial for Jonathon, "He's in custody, prepare his chambers. You and I should talk before you start his torture, we have something important to discuss."

"I'll be waiting in my room, but you better make it quick because that bastard needs to pay. And soon."

The phone clicked off and I appeared beside Marcus and the now knocked out Trevor. "Let's go get you that promotion kid. You've definitely earned it."

---------------

"Be quick Ryan, I need to attend to our new guest and make sure everything is to his liking."

"Look, I think the kid needs a promotion. He brought Marie here first of all and now he's brought you Jennings, he's earned the right to not be a damn errand boy anymore. He doesn't want much, just a title that doesn't hand him the coffee orders of everyone in this damn building."

"Agreed. He has shown me his loyalty and is apparently a hard worker; let him know immediately that he will be moving up to the soldiers' quarters tonight. Have someone move his things to Greg's old room and inform him of his new duties, I have other business to attend to so I appreciate your help old friend. Oh and why don't you take the rest of the week off? A long weekend will do you some good and I'm going to need you back here Monday morning well rested and ready to go."

The look he gave me told me that I had no choice, but I didn't mind terribly. I haven't had a vacation at all this year, and its May for damn's sake, the beach sounds pretty good right now. Jonathon walked out of the room with an evil smile on his face and I turned to call Marcus to the main office for his promotion.

--------------

I directed Marcus to his new room and started towards my own when my phone rang a familiar tune.

He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood
He's the one that makes ya feel alright
He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood
He's gonna be your Frankenstein
I've got one thing you'll understand

"Yes Michael?"

"Come to Marie's room immediately."

My phone disconnected and I made haste to Marie's bedside.

"Her vitals are improving and her brain waves have increased. She's pulling out of the coma, slowly but surely."

"Why didn't you call Jonathon instead of me Michael?"

His expression fell.

"He needs to be introduced gradually, not all at once. The poor girl needs some space to recover, besides, you've seen him recently. You should know what color eyes our beloved boss has at the moment. I think they might frighten the human, don't you think?"

I started to respond when a soft moan of discomfort came from the bed.

"I'll go talk to him; you better wrap that wrist now if you're positive it's broken. I have a feeling she won't want to be touched by men for a while."

I headed towards the basement of the mansion, which had been recently turned into a dungeon of sorts thanks to our new 'tenant.'

"Jonathon, put the whip down and follow me. It's important."

His hesitation to end the torture for now aggravated me quicker than usual.

"She's waking up."

Those three words changed the demon before me in 2.5 seconds. His eyes now glowed a familiar brown and the whip fell to the floor as a smile appeared on his face.

"What are we waiting for Ryan? My future awaits me patiently in a bed upstairs."

We phased ourselves directly in front of Marie's room as not to frighten her, this whole other world thing was going to have to be introduced slowly. Especially since she has just suffered a brain injury.

Disclaimer: I obviously do not own any songs listed within this story or any other story of mine posted unless otherwise stated.

KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers