The Contest Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Weird, so weird, at least it was to her. She had grown up thinking that nobody would ever want to touch her feet. Many people in her home country thought that feet were fairly unattractive, even nasty. One of the most insulting things a Henrill native could do was to threaten to smack another with a shoe, or even a stocking.

But if he wanted to caress and kiss her feet, then why not? Her bare feet hadn't touched dirt in a long time, and they were washed often.

His lips were so soft ... flower petals ... dotting and skimming her flesh.

The world ... was so much stranger than she had initially thought.

Before long, Rellenora was on her bed with her legs in the air, her husband over and inside her. She had hoped she could keep him happy with her mouth, but he wanted to be between her thighs.

Once he was finished, and they had cleaned themselves up, Rellenora felt like she was made of glass. She sat down on a chair and tried to stop her legs from vibrating.

Before Antonai could sit beside her, a servant knocked on the door. When he entered, he said something that had the Emperor tightly closing his fists. His voice curt, he patted Rellenora's shoulders and quit the room.

As she sat there, trying to figure out what had happened, Rellenora stretched her limbs and yawned. Then she heard footsteps behind the door.

The conversation was unlocked just as she heard more knocks on the door.

"Your Majesty, a Majustan man has appeared in your palace. He's been very, very gently asking to see you. In fact, the servants thought he looked like you."

"What?! I'm coming." That was when Antonai patted Rellenora's shoulder. "I'll have Yban entertain you. Be sweet with him, Dearheart. He has something to give you."

Knock, knock, knock!

Rellenora didn't like the fact that Prince Yban was trying to enter her bedchamber, but the Emperor had given his blessing. Antonai had probably said something to him on the way out of the White Jade Palace too. Rellenora thought she couldn't refuse him.

She opened the door and let the tanned man step inside. As she closed the door, Yban knelt down and paid his respects. She was tempted to make him stay in that position for an unreasonably long time. She didn't have the cruelty in her, though. She waved her hand up, and he got his his feet very quickly.

Yban reached under his shirt, and pulled out a pewter scroll case. Then he used both hands to hold it up to Rellenora's curious face. She took the case with a bow and tilted her head towards a chair. Prince Yban sat down there as Rellenora went to a little window and opened the case. Then she read the scroll.

***

To Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Rellenora Analisa Varesqu.

From His Royal Highness, Prince Yban Drestri Vahne.

I believe that His Majesty's explanation concerning my relationship with him was not adequate. I'd like to apologize on his behalf. I'm sorry.

You keep to yourself. You aren't a social person. The fact that you are unaware of many things here is understandable. Still, I believe that as the Empress here, you have the right to know all of the truth.

The first Emperor in our generation to be overthrown was Emperor Delio Thun Binaldi. As far as I knew, he wasn't a well loved ruler, but he was truly hated either. None of that made any difference, though. He was killed before he could produce an heir. The empire was taken over by a Baron who wanted power, and his main source of force in the revolution was his army of Majustans. They had served the Baron in order to receive Zenthian citizenship.

That Baron was your husband's father. He became the new Emperor. Emperor Vonatello Greia Varesqu. His might had to be recognized. All the territories within Zenthia had to bow to him. Otherwise, there would be war. I was once of the many lower princes and princesses sent to him to earn his favor.

We were not treated well. We were raped.

Because of that man, there are scars on my back. Two of my left fingers had the tips chopped away. My eye was plucked from my head. What was my crime? The Emperor thought I was beautiful, and he wanted me.

Of course, I fought back. I tried to run away, but I had no help for a long time. I had no authority and no power. My kingdom is too weak. I was under the foot of a mad, sadistic man who delighted in the pain of others.

The servants also suffered. Sometimes, the Emperor would arrange a tournament of sorts. He'd watch to see who could have the most work done with hooks piercing their backs and chains attached to the hooks. Of course, the Emperor would tug on a chain whenever he was close to tiring of the show.

The average civilian suffered too. Taxes were raised to an unfair rate. People were no longer able to spend as much money. And so, the economy weakened.

Your husband was the prince at that time, and he understood that his father needed to be gone. Carefully, he gathered support. He even gained the approval of the Majustan army. While those soldiers had gained citizenship, they were treated horribly. Their salaries were much less than that of the other soldiers, and they were given inferior sleeping quarters and food. Not only that, but some of their children had been treated in the same way I, and the other lesser princes and princesses, had been treated. I suppose that was the final insult, the point that evaporated their loyalty. Once their children were harmed, they were ready to find a new leader and kill the current one.

Before your husband, the Prince, made his attack, he secretly took me away from the Emperor's sight. He later expressed guilt for giving me special treatment, for there were plenty of other victims who needed to be freed, but I told him that once his father was overthrown those victims would be saved and grateful. Besides, his preference towards me was reasonable.

I imagine you know the rest of the story. Emperor Vonatello was killed and his son, your husband became the new Emperor. Zenthia has been doing well since then, and we have new hope.

As for me? What is my hope, specifically?

My hope is that one day you will understand that your husband loves you very much. I want you will appreciate that, and if you can't love him, that's fine. But please, let him love you, even if it means that you won't be able to let me love you too.

And I do love you.

I love your humility. I love your quiet demeanor. I love how you don't care for most things, but you're passionate about what you do care for. I love how you can, somehow, make a nearly wild stallion adore you. I love that you're peaceful and never try to harm anyone. I love that you read medical texts. I love that you've given Princess Chohni presents.

I love how you can be so funny even when you're not trying to be funny at all. I love that you didn't try to win the contest. I love that you went along with your own private life. I love that when the Emperor looks at you, he's both fevered and tranquil. It's a pleasant contradiction. I love knowing that my dear, my wonderful Emperor has a good wife, a harmless wife that has him feeling secure.

I love you, but if you can't love me, if you don't even want to see me, I understand. But please, don't deny our magnificent Emperor his right to a good marriage. Don't put yourself in anymore danger. If anything were to happen to you, the heartbreak would be too much for us to endure.

***

Very slowly, the scroll was pushed into its case. The case was was clacked onto a small table.

Rellenora couldn't see. Her eyes were blurry and wet.

Was that story true? Was it ...? No, he wouldn't give such a lie. She could simply ask the Emperor for the truth, which would put Yban in an awkward place. So, he wouldn't lie. Gulping down a knot of doubt, Rellenora shyly looked in Yban's direction. He was bent over in his seat, his hands between his knees, the top of his head basically parallel to the walls.

The things ... the things this man had experienced ...

Rellenora couldn't imagine the physical and mental pain that came from such ... events. She couldn't ...

She sighed. At least she knew why the Emperor had killed his own father. It seemed much more understandable now.

And ... she wanted to comfort Yban, but he probably didn't need that. He was probably fine. The trauma was done such a long time ago, and he had someone to comfort him for a while now.

Still ... Rellenora walked over to him, and she stood a few inches in front of his slipper's toes. She layered her hands at her belly and bowed to him. Then she reached out.

Her palm rested on his shoulder.

Without any warning, he brushed her hand away, and then he stood up. His clean, light scent rushed up to Rellenora's nose.

It was so quick that, except for closing her eyes, she couldn't react.

His arms around her body. His mouth on hers, putting a flavor like wine on her tongue. His nose poked her, but she didn't care.

Cold. Her feet were cold. They were still bare! She hadn't put her socks and shoes on before letting Yban into her room! That was almost as scandalous as ... this kiss ...

Smacking and licking, groaning into each other.

Rellenora was on fire again.

And she wanted to ... touch him ... she wanted to ...

Her fingers went to his curly hair. It was almost as wild as hers when it wasn't up in an intricate style.

Soft and plush ...

Her body was ... going somewhere ...

She was ... on her bed ... under the alcove's ceiling ...

She was undulating, writhing, wishing her clothing would fall apart.

But his mouth rose, and he said something down to her. His arms slipped away. She felt his weight leave her. Despite her mild dizziness, Rellenora sat up and touched her sore lips. As she listened to Yban walk off, she realized what he had said.

"I'll ask your husband to summon you to his palace tomorrow night."

She listened to him close the door.

And she wondered what in the world was in store for her.

***

12