The Contract Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"GET OUT" The power in her voice, the alpha command behind it, none of the men were strong enough to disobey. They all scrambled out of the kitchen, the two men following Jacob. "DO NOT COME BACK". A roar of despair followed their fleeing bodies as they ran out and into the forest, shifting while their clothing ripped apart as their bodies change, transforming into that of their wolf counterparts.

Jacob, a russet coloured wolf the size of an Irish wolfhound turned and howled mournfully at her, confused as to the source of her power and the reason she had sent him packing. The other two snarled at him, Damien nipping him in the backside to move, ran before she attacked them for disobeying her ruling.

Rosalie collapsed to the ground, screaming in pain from the mental agony, voices attacking her, the voices of the families she destroyed; they attacked her from all sides, leaving her nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.the Fates forced her memories forward. Smiling viciously at her punishment for disobeying their ground rules. - No talking about her past.

She curled up in a ball, unable to move, all the incidents from the past three years had finally caught up with her, the decisions she had made and the subsequent consequences. From the deaths of people to the torture of others, all done while trying to get necessary information from them, the pain was agonising. The others heard her screams of anguish as they ran; their enhanced hearing meant they heard it for another two miles, with Jacob being the strongest of them all, he heard it for a further mile.

'We did it wrong, the approach was wrong and the comments some made were also wrong, we are screwed, the Council will have our head for this', Cain hissed through the family bond.

'There is nothing we can do now, we must face the consequences', Jacob growled at his brother, still reeling with the news that the girl he had helped for the last year had been the one behind the agony of his brother, and his brother's friend who had been heavily pregnant at the time of his torture.

She had felt the pain he was going through and had subsequently gone into labour, the babies, twins, premature, by about three weeks. It had taken months to get through to Cain, he had only recently begun to work for the Council again, because it was the one way he could find the woman who had been behind his torture. Rosalie had, at the time of his torture, convinced him that she had kidnapped his friend and had tortured her in an attempt to get through to Cain. It had succeeded.

Damien stopped suddenly, anger evident on his Wolven face, his fangs bared, growling, he sneezed his displeasure at Jacob's comments, 'She deserves everything she gets, everything that heads her way.' He paced back and forth, 'She will finish the job, she is unable to stop it, it is her destiny, this war has been foretold since the beginning, one war to end it all', he paraphrased his favourite childhood book- the lord of the rings.

'With faith breathing down her back, she is unable to back out of the contract those old hags forced her into', his voice betrayed his emotions, anger at how she would escape the worst of the punishment, the one that would have befallen her had she been an ordinary wolf.

'Come on', Cain barked at his brothers, unwilling to continue the conversation and let it head down the path it inevitably would with the eldest and most stubborn Willoborough brother steering the conversation.

The three men continued their run, heading deeper into the forest, back to their pack as Rosalie continued to sob uncontrollably, her once gentle soul forever scarred and changed by the events that had lead her down this road.

*

Rosalie hummed to herself, unpacking what few belongings she had brought with her, and placing them into their respective places. She smiled to herself, giggling as she gave into her impulses and sang along to the music, screeching along with Fallout Boy, yelling as the chorus came along. She smiled as the song came to an end.

Her new cabin, even more isolated than her last hideout, sat alongside a lake. It was in the west of Ireland, set in the mountains, isolated. She had easy access to an inlet, one that allowed her to come and go as she pleased or needed. It used to be a lot easier to get in of Ireland.

Rosalie now had to bribe multiple guards and, paying the local coast guards off to give her a more relaxed in and out approach to leaving the country. Whereas a four years ago all she had done was bribe the station sergeant. She was given a letter to show anyone who stopped her on the waters around Ireland. She had her own bay, licenses were all up to date. It was very nice, using her original alias; Brooke Mather's.

It was a small house; there were two levels; a hidden underground level that held her equipment, and the other, split into several small rooms and a kitchen/ sitting area. It held a small table for eating, a kettle, sink and two presses and a small fridge to keep pre-cooked food cool. There was also a small shower area.

The rest of the floor was simple enough; it had two cells and a torture area, as well as several rooms that contained holes. It took her a long time to get all the different rooms together. She had spent the first year of her contract between researching and gathering information, also researching different abandoned and isolated houses.

They were generally rundown shacks; she purchased them under her alias. It had taken her a long time to get them up to the standards she needed, they were basic but warm. Most of her effort went into the underground sections, setting them up to her necessary requirements. It was mainly tiled, they allowed for easier cleaning. The walls were solid concrete. Rosalie did not really care how they looked too much, she had a power-hose hooked up that allowed her to clean them easily enough, to get rid of the worst of the junk.

The upper level was very basic. It had two rooms, there was the small washroom and her bedroom. She also had a small kitchen and living room area. One of her counters doubled as a table. It was a neat arrangement, she had everything she needed around her. It was not as lavish as her other hideouts, but it had all she needed.

Rosalie groaned to herself. She had two more boxes to unpack, she had already unpacked the other four. She had few possessions.

The boxes left to unpack contained all her research, they were heavy, paper-filled boxes. Rosalie always tried to use paper versions, or internet cafes when she could to search anonymously; the safest way she could search.

Most of the information was just useless bits about the different packs. But she never knew what piece of information was vital until she was on the pack grounds.

There was information from dentist's appointments to what flavoured ice-cream some of the children liked best. It was a funny set of boxes.

Rosalie shifted her focus onto her next target. The Pack was based in Ireland. It was called the cú faoil Pack (Wolfhound Pack). She had set up safe houses near most of her hits.

This pack it held the soul, Le Mon's soul, which needed to be put in place before his heart was, he needed time to get used to his body again, spiritually. No one had any way of knowing if he would be able to speak, he had been separated from his body for so long. Selene hoped that by allowing him time to readjust to his physical form, he would not become a feral. What made it worse was he would be an immortal feral.

The most they would be able to do is sedate him for forever, lock him up and throw him into an abyss, a black hole. Rosalie smiled to herself, she planned on exploring the surrounding area, set up traps, get herself settled in and touch bases with her neighbours. It was a simple matter, sorting all them out. Rosalie stretched her back; she was knotted up after a day of moving in.

It had been a long week, evading all of those Council trackers had not been easy, especially when she was carrying a box papers with her, they were too important to leave behind and she did not want to chance leaving them on her computer, there was too many hackers out there. Rosalie giggled to herself; it was easy enough to evade the trackers.

It was not as easy to head from the west coast to the east coast of the US, while hauling all her stuff. As she had been based in the US, her targets had been US packs, She had left her boat on the East coast, it had been a good idea at the time, however when she had been found out, and had stupidly blabbed some of her secret, and it was not the end of the world so it had taken a while to reach it.

It was not part of her contract to keep everything a secret, however, whenever she had tried to talk to the Council and get help, she had told them almost all that information. Maybe this time they would listen, she had a feeling they would still not help her though; all vibes she had got from them were simply filled with anger.

She very rarely used her powers outside her job; she tried not to, but escaping them was just wasting precious time, time which was now running out faster than it should be.

Rosalie's plan was very simply; just walk right in. All her previous knowledge of the second largest pack in the world told her this much; if she tried to fight, she would die.

If she broke in she would not even get past the first witches' barrier, they were designed to fry other witches, the uninvited witches. She had no way of knowing what spell, and what words had been used to make them.

There were six of them, six that she knew of. Rosalie needed to keep her thoughts as neutral as she could, and get invited into it, thank goodness she had had some meditation classes as well as yoga, to practice her breathing and clear her mind.

12