The Contractor Ch. 01-02

Story Info
On the job and back home again.
5.3k words
4.69
32.3k
37

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/21/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,587 Followers

This effort is a departure for me. It contains some graphic violence and at least my usual quantity of sex. If that's not for you, then this is the time to pass on the story. I won't be offended. Please excuse the various cliché's I've deliberately included.

Edited by ErikThread and DaveT with my thanks and appreciation. Any errors are mine alone.

This story was previously posted on another site.

*****

The Contractor

Chapter 1 A Failed Task

I had my head tucked tightly between her meaty, soft thighs. My tongue was working her pussy in slow, agonizingly long strokes, avoiding her clit. She was moaning and writhing in pleasure, and I'd only just got started. As much as I was concentrating on the task at hand, I was trying hard to remember her name. Louise? No. Lorraine? No. Luanne? Yes. That was it. Luanne. Lulu to her friends I think she said. I was definitely now one of her friends.

I flicked my tongue on her distended clit and she jerked wildly in response.

"Oh, fuck! Oh, Lord Jesus, Rick. Spare me. You're killin' me," she cried in her thick brogue.

I doubted that. I ignored her and continued with my oral tactics. A few more minutes and she'd be begging me to finish her. I wanted her to feel she got her money's worth, not that any money had changed hands. She was another "Wednesday Night Special," one of many I'd entertained. An evening's fucking to mark another trip.

It wasn't long after that I sank into her right to the hilt. It's what she said she wanted and a gentleman always tries to please his lady, doesn't he?

"Fuck me, Rick. Fuck me ... hard."

Luanne was like so many other women when they were aroused. If they were cheating on their boyfriend or husband, they wanted it rough. They wanted it hard and fast to confirm they were sluts. Time enough for remorse and regret tomorrow. It wasn't my role to judge them, just to please them.

We lay on our backs, recovering from the energetic session we had just concluded.

"Am I going to see you again?" she asked.

"Nope."

"I want to."

"I don't."

"Why? Am I that lousy a lay?"

"Nope. I don't want any entanglements." I wasn't about to tell her that it would be a long time if ever before I would be back here.

"What entanglements?"

"Like your husband finding out about me."

"How did you know I was married?"

"You act married."

"What do you mean?"

"Your husband is probably a nice guy and treats you like a queen. But that isn't good enough for you. You want something different. You want to get down and dirty now and then. I can go with that ... once."

"How the hell can you say that? You don't know me."

"Look, Luanne, it didn't take me fifteen seconds to know you were on the prowl. I didn't even have to buy you a drink. If I can see that, a whole pile of other guys can too. Go back to your old man and keep him happy. Maybe if you treat him right, you might be able to get him to look after you the way I did tonight."

She got out of bed and began to get dressed.

"You're a proper bastard, Rick. You fuck me and then tell me to go back to my husband. Wasn't I good enough for you?"

"You were plenty good enough for me. You should be asking yourself if you're good enough for your husband."

"Fuck you! I don't need a sermon. I get that every Sunday in church. All I wanted was a good time."

There wasn't much point in getting into an argument with her. One of the reasons I insist they bring their own transport is that I don't have to drive them anywhere afterwards.

She tried to slam the door on her way out, but the pneumatic closer wouldn't let her get that satisfaction. Tough shit!

She hadn't been too shabby, all things considered. Looking good in the dimly lit bar, pretending she was single. Nice big tits, decent ass, long dark hair, maybe five-six tall, reasonable face with a typical milk-white complexion, and an attitude. There were a number of labels for women like her, bored housewife being the one that fit Luanne. Neglected housewife was just as common. On the other side of the coin - the currently single or divorced. At one time or another they all appeared at one of the local nightlife scenes.

I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping tonight. She wanted it and she got it. I knew right away she was married. I didn't give a shit. Just another easy fuck on a weekday night. No regrets, no remorse, just sex. Good night.

I had a good look at myself in the mirror Thursday morning. I'd shaved. I hated that unshaven look that so many guys thought was cool. To me, it looked like they didn't care if they appeared to be coming off a four-day-drunk. And the spiked hair? Gimme a break. It made them look like a cartoon character.

The gray in my temples gave away my age. I was forty, but not yet willing to surrender to it. I spent enough time in the sun to have a year-around tan. Women think I am handsome, so I suppose I am. They were the ones that made the decision, not me. At six-foot-four I was bigger than most men. I was fit because my occupation required it. I was tough because my occupation required it. I was cold because my occupation required it.

I do the dirty work that the agency doesn't want to be associated with. Who do they think they're kidding? Everyone knows who is responsible for eliminating individuals that pose a threat. It's called "wet work." I'm one of them, but "they" haven't caught up to me yet. "They" being the bad guys.

I am far from being a social animal. On the other hand, I do enjoy female companionship. I enjoy it for the moment, but I don't wish to extend it. My travels give me a wide variety of opportunities without duplication. Cold? Perhaps, but I have the scars to remind me not to get involved. They may not be visible, but they are there, nonetheless.

This morning was like so many others. A different hotel room, a different city, but the same face looking back at me in the mirror. "Who are you, Rik Vermeulen, and why do you live this life you've chosen? Perhaps chosen is the wrong word. Slipped into? No ... hard to think of it as accidental. You chose it and you know it. It may not have been with enthusiasm, but it was a choice."

I've got to stop talking to myself like this. It's unhealthy. Self-examination was never my forté. Do what you do and move on. Don't dwell on it. Don't over-think it. It's a job. A job that pays very well. The side benefits are just that, side benefits.

I was scheduled for a meeting with my handler this afternoon. He had a room in another hotel some distance away. I had more than enough time to get something to eat and catch a cab to the hotel.

~*~

I knocked twice, then once more on the door. It opened a few seconds later. The woman standing there was unexpected. Instinctively, I was on guard. Expecting a man, this was out of the ordinary.

"Don't worry, I'm the right person in the right place," she said, showing me an identity card.

I took it from her and examined it.

"Why the change?" I asked as I moved past her, surveying the room carefully.

"Mr. Coltrane has been compromised," she said simply. No other explanation was forthcoming.

I walked through the room, checking the bathroom, closet and bedroom for any sign that something was out of place.

"Who sent you?" I asked.

"Your principal," she said, hesitating.

I had my back turned and caught the movement of her hand in the mirror on the bathroom door. I spun and back-handed her with a closed fist. She was on the floor, dazed. A small pistol was in her hand. I removed it.

It took her a couple of minutes for her to regain her senses and slowly pick herself up off the floor.

"Who are you?" I asked, holding my Beretta on her. Her toy gun was in my jacket pocket.

She remained silent, watching me, possibly looking for a way to disarm me. She didn't look dangerous, but looks can be deceiving ... and fatal.

"I assume Coltrane is dead," I stated.

Still, no answer. Her eyes were fixed on me, unblinking.

"Ah well," I said in resignation.

The hole in her forehead appeared and for a moment there was a look of surprise on the woman's face. She toppled to the lush carpeted floor, face down. There had been little noise and almost no blood spatter. I had touched nothing but the door lever and I wiped it carefully, checking the hallway for any signs of a reaction. There was none.

In less than a minute, I was down the stairwell and exiting into the parking area. I checked for video surveillance and worked a path that would hide my features from its prying eye. Once out on the street, I walked the two blocks to another hotel's cab stand and headed directly to Dublin airport. I would retrieve my bag from the locker in the terminal.

A hundred euros later I had a ticket to Frankfurt. My former native language would make it difficult to spot me as a North American. My passport said I was Dutch. I have more than one passport. Six hours later, I was buying a one-way ticket to Chicago via Lufthansa, using my American passport and name, Richard Miller.

From Chicago, I caught a four o'clock flight to Portland and arrived before seven that evening. I checked my car including underneath before unlocking the door. It had remained untouched in the five days I had been away. My meager luggage went in the back seat and I slipped into the dated Crown Victoria I used as personal transportation. I ransomed it out of the parking area and headed for my so-called "home."

Home was a 1968 Airstream trailer, 31 feet long. I'd bought it for less than ten grand from a widow in Raymond, Washington. Her husband had just finished polishing and upgrading it, getting it ready for their annual trip to Palm Springs. He didn't make it that year.

It was plenty big enough for me and Norton. Norton was my happy-go-lucky golden retriever. I bought the Airstream with the idea if things got too hot for me, I could move it elsewhere. I'd owned it for almost five years and it hadn't moved an inch from its spot on a ten acre plot I occupied above the Columbia Gorge, just west of Hood River.

I had only one neighbor. Hurley Baynes lived about a mile south of me in a log cabin he had built himself. He had his own reasons for being alone and living the solitary life. When I scouted the property and moved the trailer onto a site I had prepared, he was curious to see if I was going to be a bother to him. The day he strolled up to my new home, he looked pretty rough and ready.

"You plannin' on stayin'?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Gonna' live in that tin box?"

"Yes, again," I grinned.

"Get a mite hot in the summer, won't it?"

"Air conditioned."

He nodded. "Makes sense. Name's Hurley Baynes."

"Rick Miller," I said, extending my hand.

His hands were rough and I felt the hard calluses that told me of the kind of life he led.

"Don't see no Missus."

"Nope. Just me. Maybe a dog someday."

"I know of a retriever you can have cheap."

"Why cheap?" I asked.

"Found it wanderin' around the cabin, near half-starved. Don't want a dog. Don't need one."

"How much?"

"Let's say the equivalent of two forty-pound bags of dog food. That's about what he's eaten since he showed up."

"Let's have a look at him, then."

"Norton!" he called over his shoulder.

I watched as a very healthy looking golden retriever came bounding towards us.

"This is Norton. He's got a tag on his collar. That's how I know his name," Hurley explained.

I nodded, patting and stroking the dog's head.

"Any funny bad habits?" I asked.

"Nope. He's house-trained. Good natured and loyal. Likes to watch the deer, but doesn't chase them. They've gotten used to each other, I guess."

"Where do I drop the payment off?"

"My cabin's the one on the rise of the hill over there," he said, pointing.

I'd seen the log cabin and wondered who lived there. Often as not, there'd be smoke coming from the stone chimney.

"You got power?" I asked.

"Some. I like the simple life, so that's what I've got. How about you?"

"Generator."

I tried to guess his age, but it could have been anywhere between early fifties to mid-sixties. He was lean and tanned to a rawhide color. A full beard turned mostly gray hid his face. I decided we'd make good neighbors.

"I've got an old backhoe. I could dig a septic pit for you."

"I'd appreciate that, Hurley. Thank you."

"It ain't free. I'd want a dinner out of it."

"What's your favorite?"

"I'm a mite tired of venison. A nice beefsteak would go down good."

"Consider it done," I grinned.

I dropped fifty dollars and a bag of kibble off at Hurley's cabin the next day.

"What's the extra bag for?" he asked.

"I travel a bit. I was hoping you wouldn't mind keeping Norton fed while I was gone."

He nodded. "You aren't going to be gone for months at a time, are you?"

"Nope. Usually just a few days."

"Okay, I can live with that. You plannin' on keepin' that car?"

"Yeah. I'm used to it," I said.

"You might want somethin' a bit tougher for the roads around here. It ain't all Interstate, you know."

"I'll keep that in mind. Maybe a four-wheel-drive pickup?"

"That'd be my choice," he said, nodding.

"You got a phone, Hurley?"

"Nope. Why?"

"Just thinking. If anything happened and you needed help."

He shook his head. "I've got Internet and some friends. That should do me."

"You have Internet?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah."

"How do you power it?"

"Batteries. I got it rigged up for my computer and satellite dish. I got a generator and some solar panels too."

"You have a computer, solar panels, and a satellite dish?" I said, surprised.

"And you call this the simple life?"

"Yep. Got to keep in touch with the world, you know," he grinned.

I had a feeling there was a lot more to Hurley Baynes than I realized. He was not what he appeared to be. That set my teeth on edge. Was I going to have to worry about my neighbor?

Chapter 2 The Here and Now

That was five years ago and a lot of water had gone down the gorge since then. I stopped by Hurley's cabin to collect Norton. He was all over me, welcoming me back home. I ushered him into the back seat.

"Good trip?" Hurley asked.

"Nope. Failure. Waste of time."

"Sorry to hear that. Lose anyone?"

"My handler."

"Shit! You get even?"

"Sort of. I took one to leave a calling card."

He nodded. "Good."

"Any messages?" I asked.

"Nope. Quiet right now. Still wonderin' what Al Qaeda's up to."

"You sure you want to do this, Hurley?"

"Yeah. When I found out what you were up to, I figured you needed someone to cover your back."

"I'm grateful. Just don't put yourself at risk," I reminded him.

"You and I both know that your warning is wasted on us. If they want to shut us down, they can do it. There's no hiding place for you and me, Rick. Oh, by the way, you have a visitor."

I nodded. "Thanks for looking after Norton," I said, slapping him lightly on the shoulder.

I heard the hum of the generator as I approached the Airstream. I slipped my Beretta out of my back holster and gave Norton the "down" sign. He dropped immediately and watched me carefully.

I was sure whoever was in the trailer would be aware I had arrived. I was about to move to the front corner of the Airstream where I couldn't be seen when the door opened and a very tall redheaded woman appeared in the doorway.

"You must be Rick. Hurley told me about you. Don't worry, I'm not the enemy," she grinned.

"You are awful confident I'm willing to believe that," I said, checking her out carefully. I could see both her hands and with the jeans as tight as they were and the tank top as well, it would be damned difficult to hide a weapon.

She stepped down from the doorway, her hands in the air as she turned her back to me, the only place she might have concealed something.

"Okay, I get the message," I said. "Who are you and what are you doing in my home?"

"I'm Sally Baynes, Hurley's niece," she answered, lowering her hands. "I borrowed the key you gave Uncle Hurley."

I tucked the gun back in its holster and stepped toward her. I'd seen her picture and Hurley's cabin and remembered her.

"Long Tall Sally, huh," I grinned. "I wondered when I'd get to meet you."

"I was thinking the same thing," she said with a brilliant smile. "Uncle Hurley's told me quite a bit about you. He wasn't exaggerating, either."

Sally Baynes was six foot tall and very well proportioned. The auburn red hair was pulled back tightly into a wide braid barely reaching the nape of her neck, the blue eyes sparkled and the smile was big and open. Like a lot of redheads, she had freckles sprinkled along her cheek and, from what I could see, the tops of her breasts as well. If she was Hurley's niece, then she was off-limits. Damn shame, I thought.

"Are you finished inspecting me?" she asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, although I do like to take my time."

"So I've noticed."

"Hurley didn't tell me you'd be here. To what do I owe the honor?"

"Curiosity. My uncle has mentioned you more than a couple of times. That makes you very unusual. I thought I'd come and see just what made you special."

"Come on in, since you've already made yourself at home. I'm going to have a beer if you'd like one."

"Thanks, don't mind if I do."

Norton followed us and took up a position sitting beside Sally, giving her the once over as well. Typical guy.

I pulled a couple of Cascades out of my refrigerator.

"Care for a glass?" I asked.

"Nope, bottle's fine."

I popped the caps and passed the amber ale to her.

"A man of good taste," she said, examining the label.

"I like to support local business."

"So, what do you do up here on the bluffs of the gorge?" she asked.

"I'm semi-retired."

She gave me a look with an arched eyebrow that said she didn't believe me.

"You're kind of young to be retired aren't you?"

"I'm doing it a bit at a time."

"Ever thought about becoming a male model?"

"Hah! Hell, no."

"What's so funny? You've got the look. A little hard around the edges, but I'd bet most women would think you're pretty sexy. It would be a hell of a lot safer than what you do."

"Go on ... say it," I said.

"Okay ... why the gun?"

"Precaution. I don't like surprises, although in your case, it didn't need to be."

"What does that mean?"

"It means any friend of Hurley's is a friend of mine."

"Well, that's good to hear. Uncle Hurley doesn't make friends easily."

"Based on the way you reacted to my gun, I'm guessing you know what your uncle used to do."

"Yes. I'm sure he'd be happier if I didn't know ... but I do. I'm thinking you're in the same business."

"In a way."

She went silent then.

"How often do you come up here?" I asked.

"I haven't been here in a couple of years. I was in the area, so I decided I was overdue for a visit."

"Where do you live?"

"Right now, I'm living with my mother near San Diego."

"If I remember right, your mother married Hurley's brother and he was killed in a plane crash."

"That's right. He was a pilot and had his own Piper Cherokee. Something went wrong over the Cascades and we never found the plane, much less Dad."

"Sorry to hear that. That was a while ago."

"Sixteen years. I was in college at the time. It hurt like hell ... especially not knowing what happened to him."

"Your mother remarry?"

"Nope. Couldn't find anyone as good as Dad. I was born before they got together. He was the only father I ever knew. Hurley is like a step-uncle, if there's any such thing. Mom changed my name after they married. Baynes beats the hell out of Yankowitz. "

I nodded. "I suppose it does."

"You sound like you've had some experience," she probed carefully.

I was about to tell her to mind her own business when I thought better of it. She was Hurley's niece and I owed it to him to be polite.

coaster2
coaster2
2,587 Followers
12