The Corn Queen

Story Info
Love in a different lifestyle.
3.8k words
3.97
44.8k
12
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers

Adultery can occur for many reasons; some of them are unforgivable. This is an attempt to explain a cause that most would not even consider. I refer to religious or other forms of superstition.

You must remember some religions are stricter in their enforcement of moral behaviors. Their standards are higher and more rigidly enforced in these groups. The thought patterns are most certainly outdated in relation to many of our modern beliefs. I have tried to represent the ways of persons of strict Anabaptist upbringing.

Many of the actions taken in this story are representative of the thought patterns and behaviors of people within the Anabaptist religions. There are multiple locations where these believers reside, I happen to live within one of them and have some interaction with these gentle people.

There is no group called The Children of Our God to the best of my knowledge. None of the people presented in this story are real.

Keep an open mind and be kind with your comments. Insults will be removed and stupidity will be exploited for everyone's entertainment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are The Children of Our God. We are Christians. If you see us in public you might easily confuse us with the Amish or Mennonites. We dress in a plain, similar fashion and shun many worldly ways; though not quite to the extent of our previously mentioned brethren. The biggest difference is that we are from Scandinavia, not from Germany. The roads we traveled in life to get to this point in our existence have run parallel to theirs for centuries.

We both were outcasts in our native lands, held as slaves by cruel landowners and subjected to religious prosecution at the hands of many peoples.

This was all before we chose to relocate a few centuries ago to what was then called The New World; America. We have lived since then in peace and prosperity in an almost hidden existence. When we venture forth into your world we are looked upon as a sect of one of the more well known religions mentioned above. We have no problem with this confusion, as it allows us to live amongst the rest of the world with little interference from the outside. Of those who decided to remain in the old country, many were killed in the Holocaust along with the Jews and Gypsies.

An obvious way of telling us from the others is that we have no one named Glick, Yoder, Stoltzfus or any of their unique last names. There are a few overlaps such as my last name of King, but for the most we are Andersun, Jacobson, Isaacson and so forth.

Now that you know a little about our past I can tell you about my life in more detail.

Allow me to introduce myself; I am John King. My father is Jacob King and my mother was Katherine Isaacson, now King. I have 6 brothers and 7 sisters; their names are not important to this story so I will not list them here. As many of our kind are; my family members are all tall, blond, blue eyed and intelligent, inquisitive people. I might not be the most handsome man; but I am nowhere near ugly, very few of our people are.

To the outside world many of us look the same.

I have completed the equivalent of your 12th grade in school. We do it in 8 years instead. The educational requirements to move with the rest of our world are as strict as in your world. We do not graduate as you do; when we complete our schooling we are simply presented to the congregation as Men and Women. This is as opposed to being boys or girls before being presented.

As Men and Women we then train for our chosen vocation for 2 or 3 years. Then we marry and get on with life.

I have known the love of my life since my second year in school. Rebekah has always been the most beautiful person in the world to me. I could tell immediately that that she felt the same about me. People said we were joined at the hip, wherever one of us was the other was always nearby. Only one person ever challenged our love for each other. There was one boy, early on, that was interested in my Rebekah but she set the record straight with him and he moved on right quickly. It was known almost from the beginning that we were meant to be together forever.

My father ran a store, he sold general merchandise. We tried to sell a good product at a reasonable price. Our family always worked in the store doing anything required to keep it running. We lived very well, but as is the custom we never flaunted it. Vanity and pride are forbidden. When called upon we always donated to the fullest measure required of us and quietly covered the amounts not given by those who were not as fortunate as us.

I loved to be outside and chose to be a farmer instead of working in the store. I was the second son and would not have inherited it upon the death of our father. As such I sought a better, more independent life in another occupation.

I was lucky to be apprenticed to Rebekah's father. I moved to their farm and learned everything I could. Rebekah learned how to be a homemaker from her mother and maternal grandmother. Once again we were never too far apart.

There is one tradition that the Elders of our community seem to wish to continue. I think it is archaic, backward and demeaning to the young ladies involved. This tradition is commonly referred to as being the Corn Queen. It is officially known in the community as The Queen of the Grains. Many years ago it started when a younger maiden was chosen to give her virginity for the betterment of the community. The thought was that by doing so we would be guaranteed to have a bountiful harvest. I was not happy that she participated the last year, but had no control over her actions at that time since we were not married.

Years ago young virgin ladies from the age of 15 to 18 years competed for the honor; it is not so much of a competition as a time of preparation and a lottery. The authorities stepped in and made them raise the age limit to 18 and above. The Elders chose to only allow those 18 and 19 years of age at the ceremony. Without the increase in age there would be charges pressed by the police.

You already know about my opinion on the matter; some of the Elders thought it was a cute idea worth holding on to. I think it was because they had a chance to have sex with a beautiful, young female with the blessings of the entire community. I say a chance because the male in the event, called The Attendant, was also chosen by lottery from among the 25 eldest men in the community. There were some who declined the chance; they were replaced by the next Elder in line until there were 25. Any time other than the Corn Queen, sex outside of marriage was strictly frowned upon.

The girl who was chosen to be Corn Queen was brought into the sanctuary through a closed tunnel and placed on the area behind the altar that was to be used for the sacrifice. She would not be known until the act of installation was completed. The Attendant was expected to take the Queen's virginity in the middle of a special service on the 15th of March at precisely noon. He was required to do it quickly and with little regard for the feelings or comfort of the new Queen. Within a minute of the sounding of a special bell he was expected to make penetration withdraw and wipe the blood from his genitals with a white cloth and hang the cloth over the top of the screen used to block our sight of the proceedings. This was done to show her virgin blood. After that he would continue to have sex with her until he shot into her.

Sexing the Queen, as it was called, was a one time event. The girl wore only a simple white cotton dress. She lay down with it still on. The back of the dress was under her, with the front pulled up to expose her. Afterward the back was used to clean the excess fluids off of her in a way that it would show to all who saw her throughout the rest of that day. Upon completion, prayers and singing were offered as praise to our God for her sacrifice.

All of the Elders and Candidates for Queen were kept in separate rooms, with solid wood doors, so no one would know who was chosen. Slips were pulled and only the 2 doors were unlocked. The cloth used to proclaim her loss of virginity was placed over her face prior to the act and neither participant knew who was involved until the cloth was removed after the initial penetration. The Queen was forbidden to expose her Attendant. It was believed that if she did severe consequences would fall upon the community. As stated before the sex act was only allowed once.

After her installation she presided, with prayers and blessings, over the planting and harvest activities until October 15th and was then returned to her family.

Many, but not all, considered it a high honor to be selected. The down side to being selected was that a few of those who served never married due to their lack of virginity or their fear that all sex was done in the same violent way. Many never fully got over the pain and violence of the initial act.

Rebekah and I finished school at the age of 15. I immediately apprenticed with her father to learn the ways of farming. She learned how to be an excellent homemaker. We were married at 18 ½ years of age and lived in her father's house while ours was built on the farm we bought; much of the farm's cost was covered with the wedding gifts from the families and other members of the community. We still owed a little over half of the purchase price, even after our families paid to build the house and outbuildings.

While living in her father's house we did not have sex since it might have been heard by others. We moved into our new house after the first of the year. At this point it had been 3 months since we pledged our love and lives to each other.

It is not uncommon to wait for as much as 6 months before consummating the marriage. There are as many reasons as there are newly married couples.

The annual competition for Corn Queen was to take place in early March. Rebekah would still be in her 19th year and was still a virgin at that point. I soon came to realize that her Grandmother was encouraging her to remain chaste in a final attempt to become Queen in her last opportunity.

I was dead set against it since we were now married. The act of being installed as Queen stood in direct opposition to our wedding vows to keep ourselves only to each other.

Grandmother kept feeding her a line of nonsense about how it would be one way to assure our farm would always be prosperous.

I walked into the house one day and heard Grandmother mumbling about how she wished that her husband might be chosen to deflower Rebekah; just like her Grandfather had done to her. I quickly and silently backed out of the room before I was discovered and made a noisy reentrance to the house. She had the most evil grin on her face as she saw me pass the room.

Rebekah and I fought over this subject for over 2 months. It boiled down to the fact that I would not allow her to participate in this debauchery and she said I could not stop her since she fit the description of those eligible.

We had been sleeping in the same bed since the wedding. One day I moved 2 very small beds into our bedroom and fastened them to the floor so she could not move them together. The first night apart she was so angry with me that she went to her new bed willingly. In the middle of the night I awoke to hear her crying; every night after that she cried for much of the night about being apart.

I told her she only had to remove herself from the competition and I would replace the bed with our own. She never said anything and never did.

The Sunday before March 15th all of the girls who were to compete were called from the sanctuary just before the end of services and taken to the preparation area for instruction. They were to remain there until after services on the 15th.

At my request, my father called for a meeting of the elders so I could present my complaint with them. Rebekah's family and mine were excluded from being in attendance so they could not pressure the others to vote one way or the other. I was asked to present my side of the argument and answered many of their questions. I was then removed from the area and told to stay until I was recalled. The Council Chamber was separated from the rest of the community by a great distance to allow the Elders to discuss their issues in complete privacy. What was said inside was not to be repeated to anyone outside that room. If the rule was broken the offending party was removed from the council and shunned for life.

After 4 hours I was recalled to the room and told that it was agreed by the majority that my argument was valid and Rebekah would be released for her obligation to compete. It was still her decision to do so.

I told them I felt that any form of sex with anyone other than me was in opposition to our vows when we married. They had discussed that issue and informed me I could divorce her if she chose to continue with her quest to be Queen.

I presented a set of notes to the Elders that contained what I needed to say to her. I was asked to step outside and a straight up or down vote was held. They accepted my words as written; by a majority.

A special service was planned for early the next morning. After the opening ceremonies and prayers for a satisfactory conclusion to the issue at hand I was motioned forward. All of the candidates were seated in a room off to the side of the sanctuary. Louvered doors separated them from the rest of the community. There was no visual contact, but you could hear from one room to the other.

I rang the ceremonial bell and called out; "Rebekah King, in accordance with our customs I call you forth."

She presented herself, dressed in the simple white garments of a potential Queen of the Grain.

"The Council of Elders has met and determined that you are to be allowed to withdraw from the selection process for becoming this years Queen of the Grains. There will be no shame attached to your removing yourself from the list of contestants.

You are to return to me by this midnight in chaste condition, dressed in white. You must present yourself to me for consummation of our marriage. If you do this; on the first Sabbath of the next month we will restate our vows of love for each other in front of the gathered congregation.

If you choose to go forth in preparation for the position as Queen of the Grains, you will be removed from my house and returned to your Father's. All we have been given in celebration of our love will remain in my possession if you are thus removed. Further; since you are married you will be branded as an adulterer in the eyes of the Council of Elders and forever forbidden to remarry within the community.

If you decide to not present yourself to me and to go forth with the selection process, and are chosen, you will be cast out as a member of the community and forced to spend your days as a beast of burden. This will be done after your term as the Queen of the Grains. You will live in your father's barn, as would an animal, until such time as God sees fit to end your Earthly existence.

These are the established punishments for adultery in our community.

If the taker of your virginity is a blood relative with less than 3 generations of removal they will also be cast out of the community to serve the same fate.

If you are not chosen as Queen of the Grains you will still be called before the council for them to decide your punishment for disobedience.

Having stated the will and decree of The Council; I am hereby forced to state this vow as is our custom.

Rebekah King, I hereby divorce you. Rebekah King, I hereby divorce you. Rebekah King, I hereby divorce you. Having stated this publicly we are no longer married unless I rescind the vow.

If you present yourself by midnight I will release you from this vow.

After this service you may return to your quarters as a Contestant and ponder your choice.

If you choose to continue to be my bride you will call me forth and proclaim in front of all our people your love for me. You will also be prepared to offer your body to me as a declaration of that love."

I turned and stepped off of the podium.

The Lead Elder spoke and proclaimed, "All that John has said is the proclamation of the Elders. Let this be known."

He too removed himself from the podium and the 2 of us began the return to the Council Chambers to pray for further guidance and the correct decision on the part of my Rebekah.

As I turned to leave the sanctuary I glanced to the side and saw Rebekah still standing there. Tears were streaming down her face. Just as I left the building I heard the bell ring out and heard her voice softly calling "John King, in accordance with our customs and in response to the declaration by you and the Elders I call you forth."

The Elder and I returned to the sanctuary and walked up to the front, then we stopped and he prayed "Heavenly Father, we ask that all of the words spoken here are those of wisdom and kindness. Amen."

Rebekah spoke "Husband, John, I ask your forgiveness and hereby express my love for only you. I have sought counsel for the last few days and realize that your requests of me were good, true and proper. They are only the request of a man who would truly love his wife. I am still chaste. I wish to return to our home and continue our marriage as a true and loving wife. I wish to consummate our vows at the earliest opportunity. I now know that the advice I was given by a trusted party was impure and improper. Most importantly I ask, no I beg, for your forgiveness and for the same from the community for the wasting of their time due to my foolishness. You are my husband and I know you will always look out for my and our future family's best interests. Please rescind the vow of divorce so I can follow you to our home."

I responded "I forgive you for your actions. I pray that you will seek different council from this time forth. I can not allow you to follow me home on this day."

There was a huge gasp from the congregation and I saw the tears start to flow down her cheeks.

"No, I can not allow you to follow me home; we shall join as one. I request that you accompany me to our home hand in hand in a true expression of our love for each other. I rescind my vow of divorce with the understanding that we will discuss certain behaviors which are offensive to our family and the community at a later date. Further, I ask the Elders to meet and decide upon a punishment for your actions that will be of benefit to the community."

"Husband, John, thank you for your forgiveness and understanding; I will gladly walk as one with you to our home."

"I hereby proclaim my love for Rebekah, that she and I will grow as one and I request that plans be made to restate our wedding vows at services on the first Sunday of the next month."

The Elder smiled in agreement and said "Let us be silent in prayer."

After a minute he said "Amen." There was a short pause and he spoke "May John and Rebekah go forth in love for each other. May that love grow each day and their house be strong. Lord, grant John the wisdom to be a good and true husband, father and leader in the community. May the same be granted to all the families in our community and throughout the world. Amen."

We went home and together we replaced the smaller beds with our own. We did our work for the rest of the day. After supper and evening prayers we adjourned to bed. We were slow and tentative, reveling in all the new sensations and discovering what it was that the other liked and taking the time to be sure the other was satisfied.

As we were drifting off to sleep I heard her softly sigh "I wish I had known how it would be. We would have done this sooner."

She woke me in the middle of the night and we did it all over again, discovering more wonderful things.

PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers
12